View Full Version : Give me Cain Vs Lesnar or die!!!

RavshinRicRude
07-06-2010, 01:37 PM
UFC President Dana White has already started pushing the promotion’s next big heavyweight attraction following Brock Lesnar’s second-round submission victory against Shane Carwin at UFC 116 last Saturday in Las Vegas.

Lesnar, who unified the division’s two titles after returning from a yearlong layoff to a severe intestinal disorder, will meet Cain Velasquez next. American Kickboxing Academy’s Velasquez has been quietly waiting in the wings for a title shot since he dismantled former UFC and Pride Fighting Championships champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 110 last February in Sydney, Australia.

White said the bout’s date would be determinant on Lesnar, who’s expecting another child with his wife in a couple of weeks.

“Cain Velasquez doesn’t have that many fights either. Him and Brock are in the same boat. That’s going to be a fun one,” said White. “Both are good wrestlers and a lot of Cain’s game is wrestling. Cain Velasquez is a powerhouse.”

The outspoken UFC president said he was impressed with Lesnar’s daring to try an arm-triangle choke on Carwin in the second round of their bout, which eventually coaxed the Jackson-Wittman trained fighter to tap out.

“Your arms are smoked after (holding that move),” said White. “It was a risky move, but he pulled it off, and it was a ballsy move. Brock showed tonight that he’s evolving and he’s willing to take some chances and to try out some of the s--t he’s learning in the gym.”

White also said that the winner of the Junior dos Santos-Roy Nelson bout, scheduled for UFC 117 on Aug. 7 in Oakland, Calif., would determine the division’s next title challenger following the Lesnar-Velasquez tilt.

SAN D13GO VILLAN
07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaa, this is the fight i been waiting for, That would be Kick ass if they had at at the staples center.

RavshinRicRude
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaa, this is the fight i been waiting for, That would be Kick ass if they had at at the staples center.

Dude if they got that **** at Staples im soooooooooo on it..........it be my first UFC.........that be the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit son!!!

$ LegenD $
07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
well the rumored ufc119 location is indiana at conseco fieldhouse but if its in LA i would make that trip FA SHO....i was there 2 months ago....

RavshinRicRude
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
well the rumored ufc119 location is indiana at conseco fieldhouse but if its in LA i would make that trip FA SHO....i was there 2 months ago....

If Dana is smart (and he is) he would play up the whole Mexican thing and have it in LA....sort of like they did in boxing with Arreola........true story

TheAxe Murderer
07-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Dam this gonna be 2 heavies lay on each other but i hope cain tries to keep it standing then go for gnp

zhanlin9391
07-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Thanks to share this information

Cuauhtémoc1520
07-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't see Cain having much of a shot in this fight.

Cain is basically like Carwin but not as big and strong.....am I wrong in this?

Cain is primarily a wrestler who has gotten somewhat better at striking but Lesnar would still manhandle this guy when he get's his hands on him.

IDK but I don't see Cain making it out of the first round with this monster, Lesnar is too big and too strong.

Rocky...
07-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Cain has great striking, hes also a well schooled wrestler and has a purple belt in BJJ, this will be a hard fight, look what carwin did to brock in the first round, he was just unlucky that he gassed out, i dont see cain making the same mistake.

RavshinRicRude
07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't see Cain having much of a shot in this fight.

Cain is primarily a wrestler who has gotten somewhat better at striking but Lesnar would still manhandle this guy when he get's his hands on him.

IDK but I don't see Cain making it out of the first round with this monster, Lesnar is too big and too strong.

Cuauh....yes you are right........sorta......Cain is not as big and strong as either Carwin or Lesnar....he fights aroudn 245 or so.....Lesnar and Carwin do more like 260+....so he will be the far smaller man.....but don't get it twisted....he ain't that small......those two other mammoths are just huge....

Now Cain has power and he can put your as to sleep real quick...he is faster then Brock....and we all saw that Brock can be damaged and rocked....would I put my house on a Cain victory??? nah I think I'd pass on that one....but he does have a chance here....if he has the right game plan....Carwin had it almost right.....except he took waaaaaaaaaay too many swings at Brock's forearms while he was down......that gassed him out......

Either way I hope Cain can show the MMA world!!!!!:boxing:

Cuauhtémoc1520
07-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Cuauh....yes you are right........sorta......Cain is not as big and strong as either Carwin or Lesnar....he fights aroudn 245 or so.....Lesnar and Carwin do more like 260+....so he will be the far smaller man.....but don't get it twisted....he ain't that small......those two other mammoths are just huge....

Now Cain has power and he can put your as to sleep real quick...he is faster then Brock....and we all saw that Brock can be damaged and rocked....would I put my house on a Cain victory??? nah I think I'd pass on that one....but he does have a chance here....if he has the right game plan....Carwin had it almost right.....except he took waaaaaaaaaay too many swings at Brock's forearms while he was down......that gassed him out......

Either way I hope Cain can show the MMA world!!!!!:boxing:

I agree, he has a chance but I would much rather see Lesnar vs Fedor (A really good striker in MMA) and see Lesnar put to sleep.

Fedor I think KO's Lesnar because he's the best striker in the HW division and I think that's what it will take to beat Lesnar.

You can't fight Lesnar with wrestling because he's just too strong. He will over power you and if he gets on top, it's a wrap.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Cain beat him but I don't think that's likely.

RavshinRicRude
07-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I agree, he has a chance but I would much rather see Lesnar vs Fedor (A really good striker in MMA) and see Lesnar put to sleep.

Fedor I think KO's Lesnar because he's the best striker in the HW division and I think that's what it will take to beat Lesnar.

You can't fight Lesnar with wrestling because he's just too strong. He will over power you and if he gets on top, it's a wrap.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Cain beat him but I don't think that's likely.

Yeah it might be a long shot but im still tooning in no doubt!

Nick Fury
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM

I disagree.

I think Cain's style is different than Shane's. Shane just blitzkriegs fools in the first with his strength and size amd as we saw in his last he has nothing after the first. Cain's pace is second to none, and he can keep it up for 5 rounds. Dude will put the pressure on and keep that **** on till the bell rings. I also think he incorporates his wrestling way better than Shane does. He's definitely not stronger but he has better footwork, he's quicker in every aspect and he has meeeaaan leg kicks which I think will be a big factor in this fight.

Cain's got this, you'll see.

RavshinRicRude
07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I disagree.

I think Cain's style is different than Shane's. Shane just blitzkriegs fools in the first with his strength and size amd as we saw in his last he has nothing after the first. Cain's pace is second to none, and he can keep it up for 5 rounds. Dude will put the pressure on and keep that **** on till the bell rings. I also think he incorporates his wrestling way better than Shane does. He's definitely not stronger but he has better footwork, he's quicker in every aspect and he has meeeaaan leg kicks which I think will be a big factor in this fight.

Cain's got this, you'll see.

You know you bring up a great point I failed to do........Cain can kick.......dunno if that will make it or break it but he does have that much more in the bank with the leg work...