View Full Version : Best shoes for TRAINING (not fighting)

SBleeder
07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I've got some $ saved up for new shoes. I've got the shoes for competing but am not happy with my current shoes for training. I like a medium to high top. Any suggestions? Are cross-trainers the best?

ScottDBA
07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I wear basketball shoes. They are higher and give more ankle support than regualr running or crosstraining shoes.

One more round
07-06-2010, 11:31 PM
I wear my older pair of boxing shoes for the gym. I don't like wearing running or cross training shoes.

-Huey-
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Jordan Light Flight Lo Boxers do it for me, they are super light and comfortable.

jaskieee
07-07-2010, 01:53 AM
I've got some $ saved up for new shoes. I've got the shoes for competing but am not happy with my current shoes for training. I like a medium to high top. Any suggestions? Are cross-trainers the best?

I got a pair of asics wrestling boots the yellow cael ones there pretty solid all round. Im not big on the boots that come up too high.

Sam Donald
07-07-2010, 04:30 AM
well i use the same boots as i do for training. just a normal pare of adidas boxing shoes which are pretty good

Shabba Rank$
07-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Zig Techs.

amylee192010
07-08-2010, 07:44 AM
wear sport shoes that is comfortable to you during training...what makes you comfortable will lead you to a great training towards winning...^_^

shogunn
07-08-2010, 08:39 AM
anyone use running shoes while training for boxing? my feet and heels hurt like **** midway through training.. It hurts more when Im a gym with wooden floors, it has to be the pivoting.

VanillaIce
07-08-2010, 12:34 PM
PANAM are the best

Don Flamenco
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Zig Techs.

Horrible shoes for training. Those soles are too big and make you land with your heal first when you should be bouncing off your toes

Cherry Picker
07-08-2010, 04:18 PM
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6202/shoesib90526.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/shoesib90526.jpg/)

putaloco
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6202/shoesib90526.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/shoesib90526.jpg/)
lmao I want to fight in these

Yael The Great
07-08-2010, 09:09 PM
anyone use running shoes while training for boxing? my feet and heels hurt like **** midway through training.. It hurts more when Im a gym with wooden floors, it has to be the pivoting.

I do and the balls of my feet are always eaw for some reason.

boxingsmash69
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I use these, great results. I use them for running and training.

www.vibramfivefingers.com

If you do research on these, you will have a difficult time finding negative reviews, at least when it comes to the legit non-counterfeit product.

Yael The Great
07-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I use these, great results. I use them for running and training.

www.vibramfivefingers.com

If you do research on these, you will have a difficult time finding negative reviews, at least when it comes to the legit non-counterfeit product.

intriguiging....
are they available in any stores?

boxingsmash69
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
intriguiging....
are they available in any stores?

Yes, use the site's store locator. The new model "Bikila" is ONLY available in stores, which I have.

Words can't express how much I love these shoes.

After years and years of trying virtually all types of running shoes, I have finally found the shoe that does not give me any kind of foot pain.

They are great for every activity.

I have seen videos of UFC fighter Rashad Evans, and former 140 champion Lovemore Ndou, wear them in training.

shogunn
07-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes, use the site's store locator. The new model "Bikila" is ONLY available in stores, which I have.

Words can't express how much I love these shoes.

After years and years of trying virtually all types of running shoes, I have finally found the shoe that does not give me any kind of foot pain.

They are great for every activity.

I have seen videos of UFC fighter Rashad Evans, and former 140 champion Lovemore Ndou, wear them in training.

I keep hearing about these shoes. Do you use them for boxing? does it affect your pivoting or movement in anyway?

the nearest place it looks like for me is more than 50 miles away. I definetely need to try them on first, not gonna buy online.

boxingsmash69
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I keep hearing about these shoes. Do you use them for boxing? does it affect your pivoting or movement in anyway?

the nearest place it looks like for me is more than 50 miles away. I definetely need to try them on first, not gonna buy online.

Yes I use them for boxing. They are wonderful.

However, I'm thinking of trying the other models to see if there is a difference in lateral movements, because the Bikila model is the only model that has a different sole (made for running).

I hear it's bad to use running shoes for lateral movement activities, because the sole is made to help you go only one direction, Forward.

I hated using running shoes for sparring! It was better to use cross-training shoes and boxing/wrestling shoes. With the Vibram FiveFingers Bikila, I can definitely move easier in all directions with them.

The only downside to these shoes, is that it will take 2-3 weeks to get used to them, because plenty of the leg/foot muscles have been atrophied due to using supportive shoes. Those muscles will get stronger after spending time in the Vibrams.

The KSO is the most popular model.

shogunn
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM

However, I'm thinking of trying the other models to see if there is a difference in lateral movements, because the Bikila model is the only model that has a different sole (made for running).

I hear it's bad to use running shoes for lateral movement activities, because the sole is made to help you go only one direction, Forward.

I hated using running shoes for sparring! It was better to use cross-training shoes and boxing/wrestling shoes. With the Vibram FiveFingers Bikila, I can definitely move easier in all directions with them.

The only downside to these shoes, is that it will take 2-3 weeks to get used to them, because plenty of the leg/foot muscles have been atrophied due to using supportive shoes. Those muscles will get stronger after spending time in the Vibrams.

nice, I like. there were excercises to work out the bottom of your feet, but this will work better.

i use running shoes for boxing and sparring, my heels ache midway through.

Don Flamenco
07-08-2010, 11:48 PM

Gonna try these out next for stuff outside the ring. My gym wont let us use anything else but boxing or wrestling shoes when in the ring.