View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] James Toney Vs. Shane Carwin

Gorilla Dogs
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
5'9 Height

72'' Reach

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/pow-mixed-martial-arts/James-Toney19.jpg

6'2 Height

80'' Reach

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KJKyqWeVDHw/SkJSaRM0ojI/AAAAAAAABoQ/y0EARzNacis/s400/Shane+Carwin.jpg

$BloodyNate$
07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Stupid ass fight. Once Toney lands its over. You know Carwins only chance is a lucky punch and Toney will end it before then. Carwin hasnt proven he has a solid chin. Gonzaga had him rocked man.

Earl Hickey
07-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Toney by brutal Ko

Carwin doesnt last 10 seconds

Gorilla Dogs
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Carwin weights 300 lbs when hydrated, Toney is gonna be 205...LULZ

Thats like sayin who would win in a MMA fight, Floyd Mayweather or Shogun

LULZ

Miburo
07-05-2010, 09:45 PM

LULZ

Toney will not be 205, I guaran-fuking-tee you. 220 at BEST.

Clegg
07-05-2010, 09:46 PM

LULZ

Then why did you start a thread on it you stupid cunt?

Please, get a ****ing life and stop posting. Or get even less of a life (ie. kill yourself).

phallus
07-05-2010, 10:09 PM

LULZ

when he's not training toney weighs close to 300 lbs also, of fat. carwin doesn't use any kicks when he's striking, he'd be prefect for toney, he could shoulder roll and then catch big shane with a counter shot, but he's have to survive the first 3 minutes of being taken down and probably pounded on with those size 4XL hambones, if he doesn't get stopped on the ground toney would have an easy time with carwin standing and trading

Gorilla Dogs
07-05-2010, 10:28 PM
LMFAO

You guys are fkn hilarious. Carwin would eat him for lunch **** him up and eat him again

Toney has NO Power compared to Carwin. Carwin walks around over 300 lbs. Toney is a natural Middleweight.

Toney doesnt have mike tyson power here. Carwin probably has a 1200 PSI punch

Man you boxing fan boys are fkn riduculous LMFAO

The Realist
07-05-2010, 11:05 PM
LMFAO

You guys are fkn hilarious. Carwin would eat him for lunch **** him up and eat him again

Toney has NO Power compared to Carwin. Carwin walks around over 300 lbs. Toney is a natural Middleweight.

So I'm guessin' you were expecting everyone to jump on Carwin's dick?

Now that really makes your fanboy remark quite hilarious!....fanboy.

Oh, and I thought Boxingscene.com was for boxing fans? Or am I on the wrong site.

-The Glove-
07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm willing to put it all on Carwin.

Gorilla Dogs
07-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm willing to put it all on Carwin.

I would too. Does james toney knock out every heavyweight in boxing with on punch? has he ever ? nope

People who think toney would win is fkn crazy. This dude knows Ju Jitsu and has great ground game

Toney would get made look silly. Plus there is about 80-90 lbs difference. Thats just too much.

snakey112
07-06-2010, 08:24 AM
carwin would KILL him, literally, he'd pick him up slam him on his head then smash his face into mince meat

TheGreatA
07-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Carwin is terrible to be honest but all he would need to do is take Toney down. I still can't believe that a professional fighter could run completely out of stamina after just 5 minutes, but then he had never gone past the first round.

Gorilla Dogs
07-06-2010, 10:32 AM
James Toney takes about 10 or 12 rounds to knock out a guy, Shane Carwin it takes ONE

Boxers gotta break guys down, MMA fighters knock em out cold

CCobra
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
James Toney takes about 10 or 12 rounds to knock out a guy, Shane Carwin it takes ONE

Boxers wear 10-12oz fully padded gloves. Fighters in the MMA use fingerless gloves that are like 2oz.. besides, boxing produces plenty of early knockouts. But thankfully we get to see sweet science in action.

Mersey
07-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Swap the gloves around and see what happens.

cameronpaul
07-06-2010, 01:20 PM
even if carwin has the harder punch, his skills are nowhere in comparison. since the fight starts standing up, as soon as the 2 fighters get within striking range, its going to be a lottery for shane carwin to go for a take down and not get ko'ed, if toney can hit you at will when your trying your hardest to guard your head, then how easy is it going to be when your trying to grab his leg (gay)

PopoFreitas
07-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Not sure if you guys know but carwin is a wrestler...most of his wins came from gnp...

I'm trying to understand why you guys believe carwin would strike with toney... anyway, it's a total mismatch.

Oh, maybe TS meant a boxing match...

MR.CHICANITO
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Toney by brutal Ko

Carwin doesnt last 10 seconds

if this were a james toney that was 36 or 37 and was tranining in wrestling and bjj for like 2 years then i would say that he destroys the mountain that is known as shane carwin!!!

American_Ninja
07-06-2010, 02:12 PM
So I'm guessin' you were expecting everyone to jump on Carwin's dick?

Now that really makes your fanboy remark quite hilarious!....fanboy.

Oh, and I thought Boxingscene.com was for boxing fans? Or am I on the wrong site.

This is the MMA Discussion lounge.

Nick Fury
07-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I got SHane but I give James Toney a solid shot at beating Shane Carwin. I don't think Carwin walks around at over 300 pounds but the size difference will be pretty dramatic. But if Shane stands with him James will make him look like a little girl.

snakey112
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
lol @ people thinking shane would stand with james toney

BigStereotype
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Love James Toney. Love him to death. Great boxer in his day. But the man is fat and old. Carwin is a tank. And he has 100 pounds on Toney. One shot lands and Toney dies.

Gorilla Dogs
07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Love James Toney. Love him to death. Great boxer in his day. But the man is fat and old. Carwin is a tank. And he has 100 pounds on Toney. One shot lands and Toney dies.

This is what Im tryin to tell ppl

Its like Chris John gettin punched by Rampage...Chris John is the better boxer but seriously, one shot...

ANDROID_DOES
07-07-2010, 02:27 AM
LMFAO

you're a fuken idiot! If carwin even decided to stand with Toney, It would be lights out for carwin. Toney is a professional boxer an ex world class boxer. He would see EVERYTHING carwin throws and toney would whoop his ass standing up. You show how little you know if you think ANY mma guy can stand up with a professional boxer, especially one on james toney's status.

Virgil Caine
07-07-2010, 03:50 AM
This is what Im tryin to tell ppl

Its like Chris John gettin punched by Rampage...Chris John is the better boxer but seriously, one shot...

This is the stupid load of bull**** I've read in a while. Do you have any idea who Sam Peter is? Toney only went 24 rounds with him. If Carwin or Brock stood in front of Peter, they'd be carried from the ring in a stretcher. Carwin trading with Toney would be lights out Carwin, any complete moron should know this.

TheGreatA
07-07-2010, 06:36 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjhB_dSvSF8&amp;hl=fi_FI&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjhB_dSvSF8&amp;hl=fi_FI&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

1g5a22
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
roy jones vs cheick kongo.

Ryn0
07-07-2010, 08:45 AM
If carwin elects to stand up he's going to catch a beatdown. Joe Rogan said the same thing, if Lesner/Couture etc tried to stand up with Toney because they think they're the better striker Toney will take advantage of miniscule gaps that the MMA fighters didn't even know were there. He'll destroy fighters standing up Rogan said it, Couture said he'd be stupid to stand up with Toney for long.

But if Carwin is smart and takes it to the ground then Toney probably catches a beatdown.

Gorilla Dogs
07-07-2010, 09:52 AM
If carwin elects to stand up he's going to catch a beatdown. Joe Rogan said the same thing, if Lesner/Couture etc tried to stand up with Toney because they think they're the better striker Toney will take advantage of miniscule gaps that the MMA fighters didn't even know were there. He'll destroy fighters standing up Rogan said it, Couture said he'd be stupid to stand up with Toney for long.

But if Carwin is smart and takes it to the ground then Toney probably catches a beatdown.

Toney is 5'9

Carwin is 6'2 300 + lbs

Chris John or Juan Manuel Lopez are better stand up fighters then lets say Jon Bones Jones but Jones would whoop them easy in an MMA fight cuz of the damn size difference

:fu2:

Uturn
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
James Toney is old, slow, not in shape anymore. Carwin would seriously whoop Toneys ass at this point.

Virgil Caine
07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Toney is 5'9

Carwin is 6'2 300 + lbs

Chris John or Juan Manuel Lopez are better stand up fighters then lets say Jon Bones Jones but Jones would whoop them easy in an MMA fight cuz of the damn size difference

Could somebody ban this retard?

And before I'm accused of censorship, answer the damn posts.

Not that you can.

Gorilla Dogs
07-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Could somebody ban this retard?

And before I'm accused of censorship, answer the damn posts.

Not that you can.

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

Boxing fans who are closed minded hate to realize it but Carwin is much bigger and stronger to the point I dont care how good his boxin is. James Toney aint even a big hitter. That flat footed boxin isnt gonna work in MMA and let me remind you carwin is a WRESTLER, once he takes Toney down its good night Irene cuz noway he gettin a 300 lb wreslter off of him

Like I said, its like this man (Chris John)

http://www.braggingrightscorner.com/chrisjohn.jpg

fightin this man (Maricio Rua)

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/4038-ShogunArona064Pride2005GP3.jpg

res
07-07-2010, 08:07 PM
James Toney is old, slow, not in shape anymore. Carwin would seriously whoop Toneys ass at this point.

Toney is ten times faster than anyone in that entire sport in his weight class.

heck, he's faster than some of the lightweights lol.

res
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
. One shot lands and Toney dies.

are their fairies in the magical world of MMA fanboy land?

Check_hooks
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Carwin got gassed after 1 FREAKING ROUND!

All toney has to do is make it to the 2nd round and carwin is a sitting duck

Virgil Caine
07-08-2010, 03:32 AM
http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

Boxing fans who are closed minded hate to realize it but Carwin is much bigger and stronger to the point I dont care how good his boxin is. James Toney aint even a big hitter. That flat footed boxin isnt gonna work in MMA and let me remind you carwin is a WRESTLER, once he takes Toney down its good night Irene cuz noway he gettin a 300 lb wreslter off of him

Like I said, its like this man (Chris John)

http://www.braggingrightscorner.com/chrisjohn.jpg

fightin this man (Maricio Rua)

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/4038-ShogunArona064Pride2005GP3.jpg

Guess what, I'm more of an MMA fan so try again.

I never said that Toney would beat Carwin in MMA, I said that if Carwin were to stand in front of him and engage him in boxing, Toney would knock his lights out.

Guess what, Toney has fought much bigger hitters than Carwin and his never been knocked out.

I'm not responding to your bull**** anymore, I dislike ignorant people.

Gorilla Dogs
07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Guess what, I'm more of an MMA fan so try again.

I never said that Toney would beat Carwin in MMA, I said that if Carwin were to stand in front of him and engage him in boxing, Toney would knock his lights out.

Guess what, Toney has fought much bigger hitters than Carwin and his never been knocked out.

I'm not responding to your bull**** anymore, I dislike ignorant people.

http://erroraccessdenied.com/files/images/you_still_mad.jpg

You can't honestly tell me James Toney has fought guys that are 300 + lbs with 4 oz gloves

res
07-08-2010, 02:48 PM

You can't honestly tell me James Toney has fought guys that are 300 + lbs with 4 oz gloves

He didn't say he fought guys that were 300 pounds, he said he fought guys that hit harder

venom1
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Shogun wud tap Floyd

phallus
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Boxers wear 10-12oz fully padded gloves. Fighters in the MMA use fingerless gloves that are like 2oz.. besides, boxing produces plenty of early knockouts. But thankfully we get to see sweet science in action.

Toney is 5'9

Carwin is 6'2 300 + lbs

toney isn't a natural middleweight, he used to walk around at 200 lbs and have to starch himself to make 160 and 168, he's old with diminished skills but i never thought about the gloves, usually toney hits guys wearing 14 oz gloves, with mma gloves with less padding he'll be a very hard and accurate puncher. i hope james lands some flush shots on randy before he gets walled and stalled so we can see how much power he really has, i bet james could drop old randy with one shot

mathed
07-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I love my boy Toney but he would be small as crap compared to Carwin and one solid hit would have Toney down. However, if Toney survives the first 15 seconds, Carwin is toast....guaranteed

BEEHOP
07-11-2010, 02:21 AM

You are suggesting that Carwin would win if the fight remained standing.

Toney wrecks Carwin standing, completely. Toney's would destroy any MMA fighter who ever lived in a boxing match. The skill level is too huge for Carwin to stand with Toney. Carwin wouldn't land a single punch, he would be countered so many times, that he'd be KO'ed.

Gorilla Dogs
07-11-2010, 02:53 AM
You are suggesting that Carwin would win if the fight remained standing.

Toney wrecks Carwin standing, completely. Toney's would destroy any MMA fighter who ever lived in a boxing match. The skill level is too huge for Carwin to stand with Toney. Carwin wouldn't land a single punch, he would be countered so many times, that he'd be KO'ed.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/mightymosdefinition/50laugh.gif

BEEHOP
07-11-2010, 03:34 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/mightymosdefinition/50laugh.gif

LOL so Carwin would beat Toney in a boxing match??

Get real pal.

Gorilla Dogs
07-11-2010, 04:02 AM
LOL so Carwin would beat Toney in a boxing match??

Get real pal.

lmfao were talking about a mixed martial arts match. boxing aint **** in MMA alone. you gotta have all the tools to become successfull. Toney doesnt know wrestling or BJJ as well as carwin. Plus carwin has over 100 lbs on toney

Your in dream land son

http://www.cpluv.com/users/sokteen/images/sokteen_474f978cb3990.jpg

M Deezy
07-11-2010, 08:09 AM
depends. . . would it be purely stand up and not going to the ground at all?
Toney does have superior boxing skills, and for someone to say otherwise is just ignorant to be honest. Carwin clearly has the power over Toney though. I would say Toney could out box Carwin. But if Shane takes it to he ground then its obviously game over for Toney.

Chex31
07-11-2010, 03:40 PM
If they stay standing, Toney destroys Carwin with ease

They go to the ground and Carwin pounds Toney out

Gorilla Dogs
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
If they stay standing, Toney destroys Carwin with ease
They go to the ground and Carwin pounds Toney out

Since when has toney been a big puncher? Since when has he KO'd guys early?

**** he doesnt do **** in boxing. MMA is a whole different world man. He's gonna get made look silly

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/fidolatry/50cent-bert.gif

Earl Hickey
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Since when has toney been a big puncher? Since when has he KO'd guys early?

**** he doesnt do **** in boxing. MMA is a whole different world man. He's gonna get made look silly

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/fidolatry/50cent-bert.gif

He doesnt need to be a big puncher, he would land at will on someone like Carwin, but Carwin would be stupid to stand with a boxer

Gorilla Dogs
07-11-2010, 06:50 PM
He doesnt need to be a big puncher, he would land at will on someone like Carwin, but Carwin would be stupid to stand with a boxer

hahahahahahahhahah

land at will?

hahaahhahahahahahahahhaha

You think Carwin is gonna stand there at will and chin sticking out letting him hit him?

Carwin is a fkn wrestler dumb ass. And kn ows BJJ. Fk carwin would make Toney look like a complete fkn IDIOT! LMFAO

them_apples
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
LMFAO

you'd be surprised..these MMA fighters can't punch worth **** because they have **** technique. Houston Alexander couldn't even hit harder than Ricky Hatton on the punch test. Think of the weight difference. Alexander was supposed to be a big puncher too. these meathead UFC fighters are a joke.

Gorilla Dogs
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
you'd be surprised..these MMA fighters can't punch worth **** because they have **** technique. Houston Alexander couldn't even hit harder than Ricky Hatton on the punch test. Think of the weight difference. Alexander was supposed to be a big puncher too. these meathead UFC fighters are a joke.

becuz mma is all about PUNCHING and nothing else

When Couture beats Toney's ass this song will go on in all your heads

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vimZj8HW0Kg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vimZj8HW0Kg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Left2theliver
07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
If they fought in MMA, if Carwin was smart he'd know to shoot and take Toney down, which he should be able to easily do. If he tries to stand and bang, Toney's obviousl the much better boxer so there's no surprise who'd win there.

btw, i can't wait for the excuses these guys are gonna pull when Couture mauls Toney. I love how everytime a boxer beats an MMA fighter, no matter how irrelevant that fighter is, it proves that boxing > MMA, but when it's the opposite...it means nothing and boxing is still better ahhahahaha

ignorance is a bliss

Gorilla Dogs
07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
If they fought in MMA, if Carwin was smart he'd know to shoot and take Toney down, which he should be able to easily do. If he tries to stand and bang, Toney's obviousl the much better boxer so there's no surprise who'd win there.

btw, i can't wait for the excuses these guys are gonna pull when Couture mauls Toney. I love how everytime a boxer beats an MMA fighter, no matter how irrelevant that fighter is, it proves that boxing > MMA, but when it's the opposite...it means nothing and boxing is still better ahhahahaha

ignorance is a bliss

fk 2 blows from Carwin toney is sitting on his ass

Hell me made a 400 pound lesnar fall down countless times. toney fkn sucks

why the fk ppl think he can win? HE FKN SUCKS!!!

BigStereotype
07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
are their fairies in the magical world of MMA fanboy land?

Hahaha, I'm an MMA fanboy? Are you kidding me? Read my posts, I'm all boxing. I'm also realistic. Carwin might be a ****ty wrestler, but he'd take Toney down and ground and pound him to death. Stand up, Toney stands a much better shot on pure skill. But MMA, I don't think so just because of the sheer strength and size difference.

res
07-16-2010, 01:10 PM

ignorance is a bliss

if i'm a shot 50 year old fighter that was last relevant 20 years ago and i beat you, it proves i would have murdered you when i was young. if you beat me, it just proves you can beat an old man.

Why is this concept difficult for you to grasp?

Beating a young Boxer proves that MMA is better (if that kind of thing can be proven for either sport) getting beat by an old Boxer just proves that your sport is sad lol.

It's not the Boxing fans i hear talking the crap. I have heard countless boxing fans say that Randy can win, I'm one of them. In fact i can count on one hand the number of Boxing guys that have said that Toney will definitely win and still have plenty of fingers left over. The MMA fans i hear on the other hand say that Couture will murder Toney easily. It is YOU guys that are taking the absolute stance and it is you that will eat it if your man gets embarrassed.

Excuses? lol You mean like trying to make a 2 TIME UFC CHAMPION who was never koed in his entire career into a nobody because he embarrassed you?

res
07-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Hahaha, I'm an MMA fanboy? Are you kidding me? Read my posts, I'm all boxing. I'm also realistic. Carwin might be a ****ty wrestler, but he'd take Toney down and ground and pound him to death. Stand up, Toney stands a much better shot on pure skill. But MMA, I don't think so just because of the sheer strength and size difference.

Oh ok, i thought you were talking about Carwin taking Toney out with blows on their feet.

kaps
07-16-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm closing this thread, boxing vs mma debates are useless and redundant....