View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] Who in the UFC has a good chance at beating Brock Lesnar

Rabbit ♠
07-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Cain Velazquez

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Frank Mir (III)

Shane Carwin (rematch)

Junior dos Santos

ƒallenloki
07-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Everyone on that list except Nog.

Junito-Rulez
07-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Cain Velazquez
Junior Dos Santos
Shane Carwin
Alistair Overeem(STRIKEFORCE)
Fedor Emelianenko( STRIKEFORCE)

- v e t -
07-05-2010, 11:19 AM
doesnt matter anymore

UFC is as staged as WWE now a days!

project xxx1
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
after seeing brock run from those punces im sure fedor smashes him:banana:

Virgil Caine
07-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Carwin rematch, Velasquez, Dos Santos would each beat him in my mind. I don't think much of Mir, and Nog is past it.

-Huey-
07-05-2010, 11:55 AM
James Toney

Jack3d
07-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Valasquez in the UFC
Overeem or Fedor outside of the UFC

Blair_Wells#32
07-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I am going to say none because Carin Tried and he will Improve but that will be his Stand up and Brock withstood that and went on, and after taht there were nothing brock Subbed him.....brock has improvements to make and he will.....there are no options right now besides Brock being the Number #1 HW has no Selection.

MetalVomit
07-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I think Cain will have a good chance, he's quick, and hits hard. Probably stating the obvious after Saturday, if Cain lands before Brock can take him down, I'd say Cain's got a better chance at pulling off the upset than I would have expected before Saturday.

Junito-Rulez
07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Carwin needs to improve his jiujitsu and cardio, he's already a much better fighter than Brock who got lucky.

kaps
07-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Everyone on that list except Nog.

I think Nog has the best chance out of that list. I think Brock could be caught by any one of those guys though, I also think that ManBearPig has a shot at beating him too...

Virgil Caine
07-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I think Nog has the best chance out of that list. I think Brock could be caught by any one of those guys though, I also think that ManBearPig has a shot at beating him too...
You have to be joking.

Nog. is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but he currently has the lowest chance imo. It could be said that he's competing with Mir for the lowest spot actually.

If it was prime Nog, it would be a different story, but Nog of today probably doesn't belong in the ring with any of the guys on the list or Brock, with the exception of Mir. That's not to say Brock is more skilled, because he's not. It's merely his size, strength, and PEDs, err, I mean superior athletic capacity.

In all seriousness though, I think Brock is taylor made for anyone with decent size, good striking, and strong defensive wrestling. That basically means Cain and JDS.

kaps
07-05-2010, 02:15 PM
You have to be joking.

Nog. is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but he currently has the lowest chance imo. It could be said that he's competing with Mir for the lowest spot actually.

If it was prime Nog, it would be a different story, but Nog of today probably doesn't belong in the ring with any of the guys on the list or Brock, with the exception of Mir. That's not to say Brock is more skilled, because he's not. It's merely his size, strength, and PEDs, err, I mean superior athletic capacity.

In all seriousness though, I think Brock is taylor made for anyone with decent size, good striking, and strong defensive wrestling. That basically means Cain and JDS.

I am attached the the Nog of old, when he's on top of his game he has better hands than alot of that list, can absorb an un-human amount of punishment, gets stronger as the fight goes on, and is one of the best MMA fighters off of his back...

-Swizzy-
07-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Dos Santos WILL beat Lesnar.

M Deezy
07-05-2010, 03:01 PM
JDS
Overeem
Fedor
possibly carwin in rematch

Left Hook Tua
07-05-2010, 03:04 PM
after seeing brock run from those punces im sure fedor smashes him:banana:

1. carwin is 6'3 260 . fedor is 6'0 230

2. carwin would probably beat fedor

Virgil Caine
07-05-2010, 03:09 PM
1. carwin is 6'3 260 . fedor is 6'0 230

2. carwin would probably beat fedor

1. Size doesn't equate to fighting ability.

2. No, he probably would not.

D-MiZe
07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Dos Santos.

:banana:

Left Hook Tua
07-05-2010, 03:50 PM
1. Size doesn't equate to fighting ability.

2. No, he probably would not.

size does matter. skills is not everything. size and strength matters.

why? people think fedor is so invincible. he's a great fighter but he's not invincible.

i've seen too many of his fights against not so great competition where he was in trouble or got hurt.

fedor is overrated.

kaps
07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
size does matter. skills is not everything. size and strength matters.

why? people think fedor is so invincible. he's a great fighter but he's not invincible.

i've seen too many of his fights against not so great competition where he was in trouble or got hurt.

fedor is overrated.

That's what makes Fedor great IMO, he always finds a way to win, except his last fight of course....

Left Hook Tua
07-05-2010, 03:59 PM
That's what makes Fedor great IMO, he always finds a way to win, except his last fight of course....

well he is great. i just hate it how people talk about how he's this invincible fighter. he's not.

my beloved fujita almost got his ass. :)

Jack3d
07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I love how 1 loss and all of a sudden a fighter goes from being GOAT to being overrated.

SMH

Mersey
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Carwin with stamina would crush Brock.

Junito-Rulez
07-05-2010, 05:56 PM
What about Chris Leben?

Jack3d
07-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Carwin with stamina would crush Brock.

Debatable, IMO. I'm not even a fan of Brock but I think it's more than just cardio.

If Carwin had Cardio and could box, like technically speaking, then yes. He would absolutely maul Brock.

Jack3d
07-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Also, I'm shocked to see JDS leading these polls considering he's never been on his back or on the ground period for that matter. I personally wouldn't be confident in a fighter like that going into a fight with Brock.

Mersey
07-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Debatable, IMO. I'm not even a fan of Brock but I think it's more than just cardio.

If Carwin had Cardio and could box, like technically speaking, then yes. He would absolutely maul Brock.

I don't really watch UFC so I don't really know what I'm talking about :lol1:

Virgil Caine
07-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Also, I'm shocked to see JDS leading these polls considering he's never been on his back or on the ground period for that matter. I personally wouldn't be confident in a fighter like that going into a fight with Brock.
He is a jujitsu guy, so it's probably a safe assumption that he knows how to fight from his back.

Jack3d
07-06-2010, 12:45 AM
He is a jujitsu guy, so it's probably a safe assumption that he knows how to fight from his back.

Sure he knows, but it's not as easy as saying "he's trains BJJ he knows what to do"

I'm wonder how good it is and how he uses it.

Does he have a good guard?
How is his defense from the bottom?
Does he use sweeps?

I'm still not confident in picking a guy who is a mystery off of his back.

Virgil Caine
07-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Sure he knows, but it's not as easy as saying "he's trains BJJ he knows what to do"

I'm wonder how good it is and how he uses it.

Does he have a good guard?
How is his defense from the bottom?
Does he use sweeps?

I'm still not confident in picking a guy who is a mystery off of his back.

Fighting off your back is a huge part of BJJ. If he was from a wrestling background though it would be different.

Jack3d
07-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Fighting off your back is a huge part of BJJ. If he was from a wrestling background though it would be different.

I'm aware of that. I'm just curious as to how he reacts when he's put there and what style of BJJ he uses.

Whether it's aggressive, more offensive or defensive conscious etc.