View Full Version : Just watched the fight from last night....

MidnightSpecial
07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
i have to say......it was a tad bit overrated.

thats not me trying to hate on the UFC just for the sake of it.

but after reading everyones comments i wanted to see it really bad.....it wasnt that exciting.

nodogoshi
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM

but after reading everyones comments i wanted to see it really bad.....it wasnt that exciting.

It wasn't really my kind of show either. It wasn't bad, but also didn't live up to my hopes. I will say, I was pulling for Sosninsky, Akiyama and Carwin, and in each case, they lost to who I consider technically inferior fighters as a result of what I considered largely tactical mistakes so it was slightly disappointing. Sosninsky got pulled into a brawl and got caught, Akiyama gassed out and then got caught in a triangle, and as for Carwin, well I think enough has been said. I can see the appeal in some of those fights, but I prefer to see the more technical fighters prevail as opposed to the brawler types.

Nick Fury
07-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I thought it was a hell of a card, George is a beaaaaast in the lightweight division. I think he'll get a title shot soon, well he at least should. Leben wants Wanderlei and as much as I dislike Leben, that dude is a monster and he just keeps moving forward, much respect to that dude and him aand Wand will put on a great show.

I was dissapointed with the Carwin loss, but props to Lesnar for weathering the storm, he's a tough dude. But Great card all the way through, anyone catch the powerbomb knockout???? Gerald Harris FTW

$Natedatpkid$
07-04-2010, 01:11 PM
That card was sick nasty. Especially with the lack of consistent exciting cards lately, last night was awesome. Every fight was sweet.

And I don't know how anybody could say the main event was overrated. It would have been worse if Carwin won by 1st round KO or if Lesnar won by a dominate 1st round GNP TKO. It was way more then I expected because nobody saw it going out of the 1st round and it was probably going to be one sided. Well Carwin beat the **** out of Lesnar for an entire round, and then Lesnar toughed it out like a champ, and kept his composure and submitted Carwin in an amazing comeback from behind fight. That's an ATG MMA Heavyweight fight haha.

Mersey
07-04-2010, 01:33 PM

Where did you watch the fight?

American_Ninja
07-04-2010, 01:58 PM
There's just no pleasing some people.

Clegg
07-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I think you would've enjoyed it more had you seen it live. Back-and-forth fights lose a certain something when you know the result.

DR.ORGYY
07-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Yea it was alright.....