View Full Version : Brock's Chin

Pretty Boy1
07-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I've read a few posts criticising Brock's chin. Whilst he did go down from Carwin's punches he was never out. When on his back he ate loads of clean shots from Carwin, who has taken everyone he's faced out in the first round. Look at Frank Mir, he couldn't take Carwin's power. Brock ate all these shots and was still able to get up towards the end of the round. I think that shows he can definately take a punch! He was lucky the refereee didn't stop it whilst he was covering up though, I've seen stoppages for less! I think he showed he can withstand heavy punishment, great heart and displayed a more technical aspect to his game with the way he worked and got the submission!

mrbigshot
07-04-2010, 08:37 AM
i thought the ref should of stopped it without the benifit of hindside but brock showed that he can take such amount of shots and still be strong in the next rnd the guy could become a genuine genuine great

who can beat him!!!

#1Assassin
07-04-2010, 08:40 AM
as much as i dislike lesnar and think hes overrated, he proved to be a good fighter last night. i still think hes overrated but hes a worthy champion.

when carwin clocked him and lesnar completely panicked and started running and covering up like a novice fighter i thought he was gonna get exposed. but he did show heart in coming out for the next round and taking carwin out, his standup looked improved too.

he was lucky the ref didnt stop it in the first, but it was still a great performance.

Blair_Wells#32
07-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Awesome Avatar Assasin :beerchug:

K-Yo
07-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't feel Lesnar went down from Shane's power more so from being overwhelmed and the fact they he has never really been hit like that before. You could see when he was getting ready for the second round he was confident that Shane had blown his opportunity.

Stab Judah
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
That chick 'Cyborg' beat the last weekend took a much much much worse beating and the fight wasn't stopped until like the 3rd round.

Just shows that sometimes you have to give them a chance to comeback.

If Brock hasn't been stunned, this would have looked like the MMA version of the 'rope a dope ' .

snakerattle79
07-05-2010, 01:36 PM
no question is scared to get hit

project xxx1
07-05-2010, 01:40 PM
hes got a good chin but he dont like to get hit,hes not used to it,he ran from the punches and his defence was all over the place,he needs to spar some heavyweight boxers and take some heavy shots.he can improve that easily but his chin was very good,carwin has alot of power

Uturn
07-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Brock has a great chin and can obviously take a punch but let's not forget he was on the run when Carwin landed a couple of bombs. Brocks defense is shambolic for a heavyweight champion although he's a worthy champion. I think it's clear Brock lacks in many areas of his game although some aspects of his game make up for it! However one whole in your defense can lead to a whole lot of problems and Brock barely had a defense.