View Full Version : Predictions: Brock vs. Velasquez (Brocks Next Opponent)

photomane
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Who wins when Brock fights Velasquez next?

johncods
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Brock is too big and athletic for velasquez. Mismatch. I like Junior Dos Santos chances better because he has KO power and very fast for a HW.

American_Ninja
07-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Cain already **** himself watching the fight tonight.
Brock by Fear.

CONGO CASH
07-04-2010, 02:47 AM
omgogmomgomg cain will stuff his takedowns and knock him out just like how carwin did amirite?? fedor is still the #1 p4p fighter in the world

F l i c k e r
07-04-2010, 02:49 AM
omgogmomgomg cain will stuff his takedowns and knock him out just like how carwin did amirite?? fedor is still the #1 p4p fighter in the world

:rofl:

These kinda posts will get you red k'd around here man. You shoulda went with popular belief. :lol1:

American_Ninja
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM

:rofl: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nick Fury
07-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Cain will beat Brock. Brock will get hit again and run away, and Cain won't run out of gas and pound him out.

Clegg
07-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Not sure. I kinda lean towards Brock I suppose, but after last night I give Cain a better chance than I did beforehand. He's a good wrestler and has good stand-up.

$BloodyNate$
07-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Cain will beat Brock. Brock will get hit again and run away, and Cain won't run out of gas and pound him out.

This. I think Cain's just as fast and just as good a wrestler as Brock. Only weakness Cain has in this fight is Brocks size and strength. But Cain technically just as good as a wrestler technique wise and his striking is better too.

Cain's striking is better then Carwin's, just not as powerful. I think Cain's chances in this fight. I don't see this ending quickly either. I actually going into the 3th or 4th round where I think Cain will out last Brock and eventually pound him out.

Kakutogi-Gumi
07-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Both come from elite schools.

I'm on the fence with this one.

murmagic
07-05-2010, 03:57 AM
cains alot easier then carwin imo

Virgil Caine
07-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Lesnar by roid rage. Or else Cain by TKO.

Virgil Caine
07-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Seriously though, while Brock's size and strength make him a tough outing for anybody, I think Cain should be able to get the win. Brock's wrestling is far from unstoppable, and Cain is almost certainly the better wrestler of the two. Brock will not take Cain down easily. Once Brock gets on top of you, you certainly could be in trouble, but as far as getting Cain down, it is going to be a tough task. Cain may look to strike on the feet, but if Cain does engage him in wrestling, it could just as well be Brock who winds up being taken down. I must say that Brock has actually grown on me a little bit, and I do respect the hard work that he has seemingly put in. However, his grossly ignorant Dana White cum guzzling bandwagoneer trend jumping fanboys make it so that I can't help but to hope he loses sooner instead of later.

phallus
07-05-2010, 09:58 PM
cain is too one dimensional, and brock is bigger and stronger. i think JDS has the real chance of pulling an upset, he has the faster hands and the better BJJ. he may beat brock in big Nog style, a sub on his back

$ LegenD $
07-06-2010, 12:51 PM
to me this is the superfight ive been waiting for...cain has only got better with each outing and the same could be said for the champ brock....i see a war for 3 to 4 rounds with cain pulling out the win and once again sending shockwaves thru the mma world

th4l3pr3ch4un
07-08-2010, 10:47 AM
No way cain wins this fight, i dont understand how everyone is sayings cains wrestling is on the same level as brocks that is just far from the case not to mention strength and conditioning wise the longer this fight lasts the worse it will be for cain he is not the same caliber athlete that brock is at heavyweight

Virgil Caine
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
No way cain wins this fight, i dont understand how everyone is sayings cains wrestling is on the same level as brocks that is just far from the case not to mention strength and conditioning wise the longer this fight lasts the worse it will be for cain he is not the same caliber athlete that brock is at heavyweight
Cain is a 2x D-1 All-American at HW.

Brock's amateur wrestling days are 10 years behind him, whereas Cain's been competing continuously since his wrestling days without a diversion, such as Brock had into Pro Wrestling. From a technical standpoint, Cain is the superior wrestler imo, whereas Brock's advantages are size and strength.

Jack3d
07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Cain wins by TKO.

LOL @ everyone in here thinking they know **** about amateur wrestling.

Brock is not going to ragdoll Cain.

Virgil Caine
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Oh yeah, also this fight lasting a bit could play out well for Cain. I think this past weekend basically showed quite clearly the limits of 300+ pound heavyweights. Namely, they burn out. While we have seen Brock go 3 rounds against Herring, he spent most of the fight laying on top of Herring, whereas if Cain forces a steady pace, Brock will be forced to exert himself. This was, I believe, the game plan being employed by Randy, and he was employing it quite well, however he got a little overconfident and stood in front of the bigger man for just a little bit too long. Fair play on Brock in that fight, but Randy was doing very well to employ his strategy up to the point of the stoppage. Again, that's the danger of big men, they can catch you early. If Randy would have been able to take the fight into the deep waters, there's probably a very good chance he would've wound up stopping him by the end of the 4th round, in my view. It's not dissimilar to the situation with Cain, except Cain is a bigger fighter then Randy, and is indeed a very big man in his own right, just not as big as Brock and Carwin. If the fight does go rounds, the advantage likely goes to Cain.