View Full Version : MMA Heavyweights > Boxing Heavyweights.

Still Burner
07-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Damn!!! What a fight!!!!

Wlad take notes. Thats how you bring it. Carwin and Lesnar brought it.

futureofboxing
07-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Neither of those guys are anywhere near Klitschko's level.

THE NAMELESS
07-04-2010, 12:24 AM

not even haye's level i think.

BBFM
I have never seen a big dude like that put his head down and run away like a little kid rofl.!!!

Agent Stahl
MMA=Michigan Martial Arts

victorythagr8
07-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I agree.

MMA heavy weight division is better than boxing and they both brought it.

While at the same time Wlad rather outbox a fighter for 10 round and then decides to knock them out at the end especially when everybody knows that wlad could've knocked them out in the first 3 rounds.

The Comedian
07-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I have never seen a big dude like that put his head down and run away like a little kid rofl.!!!

haha he was running like a punkass at first

Still Burner
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Crowd was going nuts. Great fight.

Still Burner
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree.

MMA heavy weight division is better than boxing and they both brought it.

While at the same time Wlad rather outbox a fighter for 10 round and then decides to knock them out at the end especially when everybody knows that wlad could've knocked them out in the first 3 rounds.

Exactly..... Wlad could stop dudes in one round if he had the fire to do so.

Still Burner
07-04-2010, 12:27 AM

**** running I'd sprint away from Carwin. Dude hits like a freight train.

Alex_Hayden

I don't even like the Klits all that much, but I agree completely. Their over all physical conditioning and skill level is beyond that garbage.

But all this hype and all we got were two steroid freaks who were dead weight after 3 minutes.

That **** was a joke :rofl:

Andre Wardttke
I tried to enjoy that. I couldn't.

Valero 27-0
07-04-2010, 12:29 AM
I find a great stream for the last two fights which I enjoyed. I was rooting for that Japanese guy.

flem1
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
The fight was boring.. Two unskilled fighters who get tired really quick.. I'd say the boxing HWs are light years ahead of the MMA no-talents..

Toney Loc
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
MMA=Michigan Martial Arts

Is that better than Nichigan Nartial Arts? :grill:

game20ver
07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
I actually think that Brock is way more entertaining than any of the heavyweight's in boxing.

py2o3434
07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
The fight was boring.. Two unskilled fighters who get tired really quick.. I'd say the boxing HWs are light years ahead of the MMA no-talents..

of course, boxing as been along so much longer plus more talent goes towards boxing where the money is

$Natedatpkid$
07-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Every day of the week...word.

letsgobrady
07-04-2010, 12:42 AM
vitali would beat the **** out of every heavyweight mma fighter

KILLA RIGHT
07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Exactly..... Wlad could stop dudes in one round if he had the fire to do so.

Just cause 2 bums are equally match don't make them better.as much as ihate the Klits they are far more skilled then them bums.that's why Kurt angle beat the shut out of Brock in wrestling

Jack3d
07-04-2010, 01:00 AM
MMA > Boxing in terms of excitement and entertainment

MMA < Boxing in terms of skill.

Still Burner
07-04-2010, 01:01 AM
People: Reminder.

Im not talking about skills. RE-read the opening post. Im talking about EXCITEMENT and ACTION.

I didnt tune into Carwin-Lesnar to see a jab fest.

DiLLiNGER
07-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Damn!!! What a fight!!!!

To be honest I didn't think there was much fight going on..except the minute or two where carwin was on top of brock.

pugilistfan
07-04-2010, 01:30 AM
You mean the HW's that gassed after the 1st round and where Lesnar got hit with one punch and was back pedalling for 30 seconds while Carwin threw punches like a neandertal?

Those HWs?

Dirt
07-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Crowd was going nuts. Great fight.

definitey a great fight, but DAMN THEIR CARDIO SUCKS. Carwin's at least.

the biggest fight of your life and you hardly do any cardio? that deserves a "come on son!"

Rico1965
07-04-2010, 01:33 AM

Im not talking about skills. RE-read the opening post. Im talking about EXCITEMENT and ACTION.

X100 Very entertaing to watch

JoHnNyBoXeR
07-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Damn!!! What a fight!!!!

no doubt about it.. that was pure fireworks.. i just caught the fight on youtube.. what a war!!!!! thats as good as it gets right there baby

PopoFreitas
07-04-2010, 01:49 AM

in what? fighting? both would kill the Klitschko's in a fight.

If you're talking about their boxing skills then: no **** captain obvious...

Fony
07-04-2010, 07:47 AM
two roid heads who run out of breath in less than a minute ,OK if you say so.

Blair_Wells#32
07-04-2010, 08:01 AM
this must have come out of NSB, Hello boxing fans :wave:

Pecs
07-04-2010, 08:14 AM
MMA > Boxing in terms of excitement and entertainment

MMA < Boxing in terms of skill.

I agree.... the 6 mins of carwin-lensar is MUCH MUCH MUCH more exciting and entertaining than 80% of heavyweight boxing matches (in the 2000s)

The ufc heavyweights give it their all!!! even previous fights by crocop and company

TheHolyCross
07-04-2010, 08:19 AM
what a load of **** this thread is

dr.x
07-04-2010, 08:21 AM

skill and excitement cannot be seperated , watching skills=excitement .

i find boxing exciting because i'm watching skills , the opposite is true about MMA .
klitschkos fights are boring because HW division sucks,there's lack of competition .imagine K brothers fought each other , don't you think it'll be entertaining ?

gratz_the_king
07-04-2010, 09:40 AM

i agree and im always a boxing first kinda guy..but lesnar would **** kiltsckos **** up...kiltschko is a midget by his standards and is probably extremely weak compared to him

lesnar benches 600 lbs and is one of the best wrestlers around with a record of 106-5 in wrestling. combine that with his size and strength and the fact that he moves like a welter weight and thats a scary mother****er. lesnar will grab a hold of either klitscko and suplex the **** out of them

lesnar is the baddest man alive

renren40
07-04-2010, 10:38 AM

haha kinda like how Mayweather runs hahaha

bmoffitt18
07-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Damn!!! What a fight!!!!

I thought it was another awful fight. Shane carwin proved he is just another mid level athlete in the UFC. That fool was still gassed when they interviewed him after brock.

bmoffitt18
07-04-2010, 11:07 AM
I agree.... the 6 mins of carwin-lensar is MUCH MUCH MUCH more exciting and entertaining than 80% of heavyweight boxing matches (in the 2000s)

The ufc heavyweights give it their all!!! even previous fights by crocop and company

And what is so exciting about an out of shape dude, and an ex WWE star? Brock got hit with the most poorly thrown uppercut and went down. Then carwin laid on top of him and continued to throw the weakest most poorly thrown punches. I think 3 or 4 landed along with one elbow. Then in the next round we got to see an out of shape carwin just get dominated rolling around on the ground.

rocky_balboa23
07-04-2010, 11:11 AM
i agree and im always a boxing first kinda guy..but lesnar would **** kiltsckos **** up...kiltschko is a midget by his standards and is probably extremely weak compared to him

lesnar benches 600 lbs and is one of the best wrestlers around with a record of 106-5 in wrestling. combine that with his size and strength and the fact that he moves like a welter weight and thats a scary mother****er. lesnar will grab a hold of either klitscko and suplex the **** out of them

lesnar is the baddest man alive

before i thought lesnar would beat both klitschkos. but after seeing his fight with carwin, id say both klits **** him up. lesnar reminded me of one of my classmates in grade school. he was throwing punches while closing his eyes. lesnar looks so terrified to get hit

GoogleMe
07-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Carwins nothing but a blown up heavyweight. Seriously that's the worst cardio I've ever seen. Thank god Brock owned him in round two.

Clint650
07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
well ofcourse the state of heavyweights in the MMA is more exciting than boxing right now. you have these two behemoths (Lesnar and Carwin) and you have Cain, also Fedor, Werdum, and Overeem to make for some good match ups. BUT you cannot take fighters from either sport and compare them. there is no way in hell any MMA fighter can last more than 2 rounds against Wlad or Vitali. David Haye and Adamek would tee off on these guys. all they would have to do is wait until they gas out and the fight would be over. MMA needs the octagon (especially Brock, because they need the ground game). just because Dana WHite and Joe Rogan claim the winner to be the baddest man on the planet just means no one in their sport can touch the winner. James Toney would most likely get choked out too, if he does not succeed in knocking out Couture. thats just the way it is.

Clint650
07-04-2010, 01:39 PM
we need to serioulsy stop comparing the two. IF there is ever a time when a former MMA fighter becomes a top ten contender in boxing then we can talk. anyone who seriously thinks either of those two oxygen tanks last night would be competitive in professional boxing is hanging out with Joe Rogan.

PopoFreitas
07-04-2010, 05:12 PM
we need to serioulsy stop comparing the two. IF there is ever a time when a former MMA fighter becomes a top ten contender in boxing then we can talk. anyone who seriously thinks either of those two oxygen tanks last night would be competitive in professional boxing is hanging out with Joe Rogan.

exactly...

anyone else that think any hw boxer could stop a take down from a guy like lesnar should be shot too.

different skills sets.

when two wrestlers fight against each other it end up being, at least for a period, a striking match -actually wrestlers can't kick due to the way they're build - so it end up being a low-level boxing match.

It happens all the time in MMA.

It doesn't mean that Lesnar would try to box with a boxer just to set up his take down or that a boxer would be able to defend a jujigatami from him...

PopoFreitas
07-04-2010, 05:16 PM
IF there is ever a time when a former MMA fighter becomes a top ten contender in boxing then we can talk.

Btw, was Matt Skelton a top contender in boxing? I remember him fighting for a title some time ago but boxing have so many titles that it's hard for me to say that it was a legit belt.

0-1 MMA fighter.

Junito-Rulez
07-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Fedor is better than both but i agree. Great fight.

Clint650
07-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Btw, was Matt Skelton a top contender in boxing? I remember him fighting for a title some time ago but boxing have so many titles that it's hard for me to say that it was a legit belt.

0-1 MMA fighter.

Skelton fought one MMA fight and lost. he was a former kickboxing champion. I don't really consider him much of a crossover success. my boxing trainer was a top 10 contender in the featherweight division, injured his eye in sparring, and ended up losing bouts to Morales and Barrera. this was around the time prince Naseem was just making headlines in the states. After boxing, he still went on to capture a title in kickboxing.

DeepSleep
07-06-2010, 02:18 AM
The lack of conditioning of Carwin and Lesnar was appalling.

The fight before the main event between Akiyama and Leben was far better yet for some reason people are still hyping up the Lesnar/Carwin match as a good fight.

PopoFreitas
07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Skelton fought one MMA fight and lost. he was a former kickboxing champion. I don't really consider him much of a crossover success. my boxing trainer was a top 10 contender in the featherweight division, injured his eye in sparring, and ended up losing bouts to Morales and Barrera. this was around the time prince Naseem was just making headlines in the states. After boxing, he still went on to capture a title in kickboxing.

Ok. But was he really a legit contender in boxing?