View Full Version : [LMAO!] Shane Carwin to recieve $40,000 for Lesnar fight

RlCKY
07-03-2010, 09:10 PM
How is this possible? This fight will probably do close to a million buys which translates to 40-50 mil in PPV revenue alone and the fighters in the Main event will make less than 500k combined.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-116-Salaries-Lesnar-Making-10-Times-More-Than-Carwin-25456

futureofboxing
07-03-2010, 09:12 PM
UFC does **** numbers do not believe the numbers you hear the biggest event ever was UFC 100 and I know an inside source who is a PPV distributor told me it did about 925,000 to 930,000. He said they only average about 250,000 to 300,000 PPV buys a month.

RlCKY
07-03-2010, 09:16 PM
still man, even with the numbers you mentioned, you would think he would make at least 500K

-Mustang-
07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
for as long as i've heard .... Dana White has always paid his fighters peanuts .... it's not like boxing, Dana is like Everyones promoter and only offers them low money like 40k ... and promises them, "hey if you win, you'll get a lot more money to headline the next ppv" .... and they pretty much have no choice, take it, or fight in the undercard for 15k :nonono:

DiLLiNGER
07-03-2010, 09:47 PM
what about brocky? how much is he gettin?

MARKBNLV
07-03-2010, 09:48 PM
40k thats fnf main event money,**** on the otherhand i would fight lesnar for 40 k.

-Mustang-
07-03-2010, 09:49 PM

he's making like 400k from what i heard .....

blaze778
07-03-2010, 09:52 PM

I believe Brock has been six figures. I am not surprised Dana low balls his fighters, but Carwin? He is the interim champ and fighting Brock in the main event. $40,000 is an insult. Carwin is a working engineer, so I am sure he's doing well, but what about other fighters who only fight for a living. Some contenders only get only $10,000-$15,000!

Valero 27-0
07-03-2010, 09:58 PM
40K, my god that is awful.

Chadmack
07-03-2010, 10:08 PM
wow, that sucks! i guess it's the way UFC works with contracts, unlike boxing's main event where they bargain for it. hope the contract runs out and Shane would get what he deserves.

DiLLiNGER
07-03-2010, 10:09 PM
he's making like 400k from what i heard .....

that's not fair at all.

Boss Don
07-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Dana is robbing his fighters

qwerty07
07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
If UFC gets bigger, and more stars appear, the business model is going to change. No way main event fighters are going to take 40K for much longer.

SkillspayBills
07-03-2010, 11:20 PM
If UFC gets bigger, and more stars appear, the business model is going to change. No way main event fighters are going to take 40K for much longer.

The UFC has been getting bigger for damn near a 5 years. Dana is shortchanging his fighters plain and simple, I refuse to believe it costs more to make a UFC event than a boxing event, the main event fighters for ****ing versus make more money than that.

PopoFreitas
07-04-2010, 12:04 AM
That's not what he makes. UFC does everything possible to keep all the info about their business model under closed doors.

The fighters make way more than that.

The proof? When Randy Couture tried to leave the UFC he said one of the reasons was that he was getting screwed by being underpaid, making peanuts, etc, then Dana held a press conference and showed the contracts that couture signed and proved randy made around 2 millions for a fight that year.

If you google you still might find UFC ppv's pay structure.

Found a link when Zuffa sued Randy:

I can't lost links so you'll need to delete the spaces...

http :// articles . latimes . com /2007/oct/31/sports/sp-ufc31

monaroCountry
07-04-2010, 02:02 AM
That's not what he makes. UFC does everything possible to keep all the info about their business model under closed doors.

Who should I believe, you or Shane Carwin?

That $40k and $40k figure came from Carwin. Heck Dana was saying that he wouldnt pay $20k for Fedor.

The truth is that the UFC lowballs its fighters, even their supposed best figure they gave to Fedor was smaller than what Affliction paid for Fedor (according to M1 reps).

kenso
07-04-2010, 02:13 AM

The fighters make way more than that.

The proof? When Randy Couture tried to leave the UFC he said one of the reasons was that he was getting screwed by being underpaid, making peanuts, etc, then Dana held a press conference and showed the contracts that couture signed and proved randy made around 2 millions for a fight that year.

If you google you still might find UFC ppv's pay structure.

Found a link when Zuffa sued Randy:

I can't lost links so you'll need to delete the spaces...

http :// articles . latimes . com /2007/oct/31/sports/sp-ufc31

this.

if carwin only made 40 grand, no one would go into MMA. UFC definitely keeps this **** quiet. the fighters are paid much more than this. maybe some of the fighters just entering the UFC don't make ****, but you can bet your ass carwin got a nice pay day.

-Mustang-
07-04-2010, 02:19 AM
this.

if carwin only made 40 grand, no one would go into MMA. UFC definitely keeps this **** quiet. the fighters are paid much more than this. maybe some of the fighters just entering the UFC don't make ****, but you can bet your ass carwin got a nice pay day.

it's not "keeping it quiet if they release fake numbers" .... if almost every fighter comes out and says he gets screwed and underpaid when in the UFC .... you're saying that they're all lying .... look at TITO Ortiz, Dan Henderson, Cotoure, Cro Cop, Fedor's low ball offer, etc. etc. etc. ..... it's not a conspiracy ..... Dana just screws his fighters .... Espn FNF boxers make more