View Full Version : Lesnar looked a bit intimidated at weigh in

Gorilla Dogs
07-02-2010, 10:14 PM
At the stare down I think Carwin got the best of him as Lesnar seemed insecure, gonna be a great fight! :boxing:

mathed
07-02-2010, 10:15 PM
How long has Lesnar been away from UFC and why was he away? I heard he was sick or something

M Deezy
07-02-2010, 11:50 PM
think its been a year now.
Yea he was sick, well thats what was said. was hospitalized too

chosen0309
07-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't think he showed anything during the stare-down. He seemed to be bothered when the crowd booed him when joe rogan was interviewing him though.

F l i c k e r
07-03-2010, 12:06 AM
More anxious than intimidated.

I don't think the booing effected him either. This is a man who made a living by being the heel. He got booed day in and day out for a long time by a much larger crowd. Nothing new to him at all.

ƒallenloki
07-03-2010, 12:07 AM
think its been a year now.
Yea he was sick, well thats what was said. was hospitalized too

The dude's career was in jeopardy. He had diverticulitis and had some of his intestine cut out. People on the inside also rumored that he was having problems with his heart.

Gorilla Dogs
07-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Lesnar was the 1st to look away when the stare down was over and he didnt seem as intimidating as Carwin was....

Check_hooks
07-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Carwins gonna with this fight easy, First Machida goes down, then Liddell, then Fedor, now Brock....this is the summer of the upsets

Virgil Caine
07-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Carwins gonna with this fight easy, First Machida goes down, then Liddell, then Fedor, now Brock....this is the summer of the upsets

Personally, Fedor is the only case I consider an upset. The Liddell fight had question marks written all over it. I get your drift though, in terms of the bookies each is an upset, although the odds for Carwin-Brock seem to have tightened up if I'm not mistake, although with Lesnar still the favorite.

murmagic
07-03-2010, 05:46 AM

rich was fav to beat liddel

Gorilla Dogs
07-03-2010, 11:51 AM

Any fight fan with an ounce of common sense knew Rich Franklin would win

Boss Don
07-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Staredown don't mean **** but Brock is going to get knocked out Carwin is a beast and Brock lol well Brock is a wwf superstar I have to give props to dana white for being able to turn this guy into the heavyweight champ after 4 fights lol two of them against the same guy and lost one of them but stll they make him heavyweight champ and people really beleave this guy is unstoppable

Gorilla Dogs
07-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Staredown don't mean **** but Brock is going to get knocked out Carwin is a beast and Brock lol well Brock is a wwf superstar I have to give props to dana white for being able to turn this guy into the heavyweight champ after 4 fights lol two of them against the same guy and lost one of them but stll they make him heavyweight champ and people really beleave this guy is unstoppable

ok Red K boy

Brock Lesnar is a physical specimen and champion NCAA wrestler...you fail

Clegg
07-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I remember a bunch of people saying that Margarito was intimidated by Cotto at the weigh-in, and we saw how that went. Same with Froch-Pascal.

Maybe a young prospect could be overawed in such a situation, but at the highest level I don't think weigh-in staredowns mean anything at all.

Boss Don
07-03-2010, 12:27 PM
See you believe the hype mma is more than wrestling there has been plenty of big guys that don't make it in mma todd duffe just got his ass knocked out its more than just size and wrestling have you seen Brocks stand up? It sucks Carwin is gonna knock his ass out Brock has 4 fights against heath hearing randy coture who is half Brock size and still gave him a good fight and frank mir who beat him that's not impressive to me I'm sorry

Virgil Caine
07-03-2010, 12:45 PM
ok Red K boy

Lol, you proved his point.

I can't wait till after tomorrow so that everyone can finally shut the **** up about Brock, the "physical specimen" and "tremendous athlete." **** is worn out. Brock is definitely well overhyped.

Gorilla Dogs
07-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I remember a bunch of people saying that Margarito was intimidated by Cotto at the weigh-in, and we saw how that went. Same with Froch-Pascal.

Maybe a young prospect could be overawed in such a situation, but at the highest level I don't think weigh-in staredowns mean anything at all.

Does that look like intimidation?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/07/26/alg_cotto-margarito.jpg

http://tinchystryder.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/miguel-cotto-margarito21.jpg

Clegg
07-03-2010, 01:12 PM
As with 100% of your other posts, you are missing the point.

#1Assassin
07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
ok Red K boy

the physical specimen thing is so excagerated its not even funny, not to mention the guy has no standup at all. they just had him fight guys who eighter had no standup eighter or who he could take down easily. all his fights have been very carefully picked, carwin is the real deal. he foguht his way to the top and is well rounded in all areas.

carwin by KO.

phallus
07-03-2010, 04:11 PM
when i looked in big shane carwin's eyes when he was getting interviewed on the pre fight show i was intimidated, something about carwin's stare tells me he really enjoys kicking ass. big shane will knock the vanilla gorilla out tonight

CiganoBoxer
07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Lol, you proved his point.

I can't wait till after tomorrow so that everyone can finally shut the **** up about Brock, the "physical specimen" and "tremendous athlete." **** is worn out. Brock is definitely well overhyped.I am tending to agree with you ... Ronnie Mann is mate of mine and an mma fighter here in the uk has been telling everyone at our gym just how over hyped /rated brock is ....i hope hes right as hes gonna be eating some humble pie for how hes gone on about it :haha:...hes picking Carwin by ko !

No1
07-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I dont see the hype of Brock. Sure he's a lump. But whats this so called athlete we keep hearing about? He basically takes people down with his size and mearly uses his weight for ground people down. He has ZERO stand up and no sub skills. Added to the fact that he's fought quite small fighters his whole career he may be in trouble. Carwin has faced the better comp by far and has dismantled each with ease. He has the size to match brock and better wrestling than mir. Also we dont know how well brock takes a punch?
I can really see carwin ktfo outta brock early doors.

venom1
07-03-2010, 05:21 PM
yh i thought he looked scared also

Golden Boi 360
07-03-2010, 07:59 PM
i have a feeling brock is getting humbled tonight.

Mersey
07-03-2010, 08:08 PM
All I can say, when I play UFC online, I play as Carwin, Brock get's KTFO all the time.