"Best striking in the history of UFC."

"This guy is just a monster."

:nonono:

Grapes
07-02-2010, 01:52 PM
dana white always starting his sentences with ''listen....''

ƒallenloki
07-02-2010, 02:20 PM
The stupid gladiator intro to every UFC ppv.

Cuauhtémoc1520
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
It's called selling a PPV. Imagine if you heard:

"This will probably be the most mediocre fight you will ever see!"

"These two fighters are of avg skill and not very big, plus one still lives at home with his mother"

"This is the probably the time you want to get up and get a beer, because this is about as boring as a fight can possibly get"

ƒallenloki
07-02-2010, 02:42 PM

"These two fighters are of avg skill and not very big, plus one still lives at home with his mother"

"This is the probably the time you want to get up and get a beer, because this is about as boring as a fight can possibly get"

Its called the English language. There are multiple ways to say the same thing.

Cuauhtémoc1520
07-02-2010, 02:43 PM

I wouldn't be looking towards proper or diverse uses of the English language in MMA.

MindBat
07-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it's like the "New and Improved" old stuff they try to sell you over the TV or "The best ever" this or that. It seems to work on the naive ones.

Jack3d
07-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Every fight the UFC puts on is the most anticipated fight, the biggest fight or my personal favorite "This is the fight the fans have been waiting for"

They have to sell the PPV yes, but they could be a little less redundant when they do it.

MindBat
07-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Dana White: "The guys suck balls so hard, in fact you shouldn't even bother to buy and watch this crap. I'm ashamed of myself."

'Sugar' Freddi
07-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Exactly my point.

I know it's to sell the PPV but there are a thousand ways to say it in a different way with the same meaning.