View Full Version : Dana White Talks Fedor's Loss

snakerattle79
06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
http://latestmmanewsnow.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/dana-white-fedor-just-got-beat-by-a-guy-who-couldnt-cut-it-in-the-ufc/

UFC president Dana White was one of many who watched as Fedor suffered his first defeat in ten years to the heavily decorated Brazillian Jiu-Jistu practitioner Fabricio Werdum. White who has been very vocal on his thoughts of the Russian heavyweight claimed he felt vindicated while on tour for UFC 116.

“I’ve been saying it for years, Fedor is not a top 10 heavyweight. He just got beat by a guy who couldn’t cut it in the UFC in the first round. There’s at least 10 fighters in the UFC right now who would beat Fedor even worse.”

Despite the harsh criticism White stated he would still be willing to offer the former WAMMA champion a new contract if he wishes to sign on with the UFC.

“Tell you what, if he wants to sign with the UFC now, the previous contract where I offered him an insane amount of money is off the table. I’ll give him a new contract, 20K to show and 20K to win. If he doesn’t accept it, too bad.”

Spartacus Sully
06-29-2010, 05:18 PM
http://latestmmanewsnow.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/dana-white-fedor-just-got-beat-by-a-guy-who-couldnt-cut-it-in-the-ufc/

UFC president Dana White was one of many who watched as Fedor suffered his first defeat in ten years to the heavily decorated Brazillian Jiu-Jistu practitioner Fabricio Werdum. White who has been very vocal on his thoughts of the Russian heavyweight claimed he felt vindicated while on tour for UFC 116.

“I’ve been saying it for years, Fedor is not a top 10 heavyweight. He just got beat by a guy who couldn’t cut it in the UFC in the first round. There’s at least 10 fighters in the UFC right now who would beat Fedor even worse.”

Despite the harsh criticism White stated he would still be willing to offer the former WAMMA champion a new contract if he wishes to sign on with the UFC.

“Tell you what, if he wants to sign with the UFC now, the previous contract where I offered him an insane amount of money is off the table. I’ll give him a new contract, 20K to show and 20K to win. If he doesn’t accept it, too bad.”

soooooo the insane amount of money wassss what 40k to show 40k to win?

Gojira
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
id fight anyone in the ufc for 20k. the question is, would they fight me for only 20k?

F l i c k e r
06-29-2010, 05:39 PM
soooooo the insane amount of money wassss what 40k to show 40k to win?

No. Fedor would have ended up the highest paid MMA fighter ever with the last deal. Now he would just get average UFC fighter money.

Can't blame Dana for that though. Now maybe Fedor will come to the UFC.

Earl Hickey
06-29-2010, 05:41 PM
20K is he having a laugh?

photomane
06-29-2010, 05:47 PM

If Dana said this, If I was Fedor I wouldn't go from being the highest paid MMA star to 20k. "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense." -Floyd Mayweather:boxing:

F l i c k e r
06-29-2010, 05:50 PM
20K is he having a laugh?

http://i50.tinypic.com/af94zm.gif

Gorilla Dogs
06-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Lol ppl beleive Dana sayin he offered Fedor $1,000,000 +

Dana was lying tryin to make Fedor look bad as if he is duckin the best competition, Dana was disrespecting Fedor the whole time in negotiations Im glad he didnt be a B!TCH and fall for his demands

Clegg
06-29-2010, 07:04 PM
I've never really understood why Dana thinks that acting like a complete dick all the time about every single issue is a good thing for the company.

Maybe he doesn't think that. Maybe he knows it turns people off but his ego is too big to behave differently.

Whether people accept it or not, it matters. I am tired of this clown, and the fact that he inserts himself into as many UFC shows as possible makes me less inclined to watch them.

mushahadeen
06-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Fedor threw the fight because he is ducking James Toney.

snakey112
06-30-2010, 01:05 AM
dana is a dick

Virgil Caine
06-30-2010, 01:18 AM
No. Fedor would have ended up the highest paid MMA fighter ever with the last deal. Now he would just get average UFC fighter money.

If you actually believe that crap than I truly don't know what to tell you.

Virgil Caine
06-30-2010, 01:22 AM
If we follow Dana's logic, Gonzoga and Vera lost to Werdum, a guy who "can't cut it in the UFC," so apparently those guys can't cut it either. For that matter, Vera beat Mir, so I guess Mir can't cut it. Mir beat Lesnar, so he can't cut it in the UFC either.

I don't know why I'm even wasting my time reading and responding to this nonsense actually.

futureofboxing
06-30-2010, 01:37 AM
MMA fighters must be broke as a joke

$BloodyNate$
06-30-2010, 01:48 AM
Werdum couldn't cut it in the UFC? That was the most bull**** release in UFC history. He was pretty much the #1 contender until he got KO'd by Junior Dos Santos who is the hottest Heavyweight in MMA right now.

ƒallenloki
06-30-2010, 02:28 AM
If we follow Dana's logic, Gonzoga and Vera lost to Werdum, a guy who "can't cut it in the UFC," so apparently those guys can't cut it either. For that matter, Vera beat Mir, so I guess Mir can't cut it. Mir beat Lesnar, so he can't cut it in the UFC either.

I don't know why I'm even wasting my time reading and responding to this nonsense actually.

Exactly...

Actually, regarding Dana's top 10 comment... I don't think I can name 10 HW's in the UFC.

Dana must have forgotten that Fedor beat one of his current HW's into retardation and partial blindness, and embarrassed several of his champions.

Shinx32
06-30-2010, 02:30 AM
^That

Edit: Actually, this is for the post above the post before mine, but it works either way.

I wouldn't be at all sad if Dana White died in a car accident.

BlueberryMuffin
06-30-2010, 07:36 AM
That article is fake, It's a Troll website... which is usually the case with most wordpress blogs. But expect him to put his foot in his mouth as usual in the near future...

monaroCountry
06-30-2010, 07:50 AM

Fedor is already the highest paid MMA fighter.

UFC DEAL
The UFC offerd him $400,000 previously and PPV.

STRIKEFORCE/M1 DEAL
Strikeforce matched this with $400,000 + over a million in consulting fee (that goes to M1 then M1 pays Fedor (lower taxes and lower rates if taxes are paid in Russia)) + a 20% cut of M1's broadcast deals to show the fight around the world goes to Fedor.

monaroCountry
06-30-2010, 07:52 AM
MMA fighters must be broke as a joke

Shane Carwin, undefeated, top UFC fighter, and current UFC champion rakes in millions and millions into the UFC coffers, yet he admitted that he only gets $40,000 to fight and another $40,000 to win..................NOTHING ELSE FROM THE UFC.

Spartacus Sully
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
and what really blows is its a f**king contract which means what ever you joined at dana ****s you up the ass with untill the contract runs out regardless of how popular you become.

res
06-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Fedor threw the fight because he is ducking James Toney.

That's what i think.

Check_hooks
06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
20k to the greatest MMA fighter of all time? This is why MMA will never be bigger than boxing.

M Deezy
06-30-2010, 05:56 PM
idk correct me if im wrong but i thought fedor was already the highest paid mma fighter when he was in affliction. though trump was givin him 6million in one fight

Junito-Rulez
06-30-2010, 10:41 PM
White should STFU coz Werdum is better at submissions than any of his UFC clowns and coz Lesnar tapped like a f@g when Mir submitted him.

Fedor made a mistake and got caught ( not like Liddell who gets KTFO when he gets caught), it doesn't mean anything, Fedor deserves a rematch then we'll see if Werdum is really the better man. I don't believe Fedor will get beaten again. In the UFC he'd have an easy time with most fighters.

Junito-Rulez
06-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Even Tyson and Ali lost fights, undefeated records don't mean ****. There is no undefeated fighter in the top 10 ATG.

monaroCountry
07-02-2010, 10:20 AM
idk correct me if im wrong but i thought fedor was already the highest paid mma fighter when he was in affliction. though trump was givin him 6million in one fight

HE IS THE HIGHEST PAID FIGHTER IN THE WORLD (MMA)!!!!!!!.

Basically when a copromotion happens, Fedor gets paid three times. The Strikeforce pay gets taxed in America (higher tax bracket), and the two M1 pay gets taxed at a lower Russian tax bracket.

-Strikeforce pays fedor a sum (in this case $400,000)
-Strikeforce pays M1 for its consulting fee (in Afflictions case over a million)
-That a very large portion of that consulting fee then goes to Fedor (as fighter for M1)
-M1 sets up deals with broadcasters to retransmit the fights overseas
-Avertisers pay broadcasters to show their products
-Broadcasters gives some of that profit to M1
-M1 again pays Fedor, this time as a 20% owner of the company.

Cuauhtémoc1520
07-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I believe Dana did offer Fedor 1 million because he went on record to say he offered Fedor's people the largest payday he has ever offered in MMA.

From what I understand, it was Fedor's people, not him that were being unreasonable and even wanted Dana to build some sort of stadium in Russia.

I can understand completely why Dana would be pissed off and bad mouthing Fedor because he wanted to set up a super fight with Fedor and Lesnar, now that's out the window because Fedor lost and it lost a lot of it's glamor.

monaroCountry
07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I believe Dana did offer Fedor 1 million because he went on record to say he offered Fedor's people the largest payday he has ever offered in MMA.

From what I understand, it was Fedor's people, not him that were being unreasonable and even wanted Dana to build some sort of stadium in Russia.

I can understand completely why Dana would be pissed off and bad mouthing Fedor because he wanted to set up a super fight with Fedor and Lesnar, now that's out the window because Fedor lost and it lost a lot of it's glamor.

The UFC only offered $400,000 guaranteed money!!!!!!!

Dana White says many things, close to all of it false. Why would Dana pay the largest amount to Fedor if he never thought Fedor was any good?

Fedor has always been an honest and upstanding guy, this is what he had to say.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ohdJ2KvczZ0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ohdJ2KvczZ0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wlcK6pTcuYo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wlcK6pTcuYo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ggyug6w9s1U&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ggyug6w9s1U&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcJnbEwqU48&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcJnbEwqU48&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>