View Full Version : 2 Mental Reasons Why Fedor Lost!!!!

Unknown Champ
06-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Based on my opinion and findings(sounds crazy too so bare with me), there

were 2 mental reasons why Fedor

potentially lost the fight with Werdum. Just my thoughts on what i thought

was strange, correct me if im not accurate. It was 2 mental mistakes. 1St:

Fedor said he fought for himself, country and GOD. He then came into the

ring wearing a cross pendant on his necklace. I never seen him wear no

pendant with a cross, did religion take away his killer instinct or soften him

up mentally? 2nd: He always has a calm killer look at all times, while

entering the with his mouth piece in he was making grinning looks that

struck me as like what the **** that's unusual. Did he not have the focus

he always had? I admit he got caught slippin with the triangle but hey

fighting is highly a mental game. Whats your thought?

Gorilla Dogs
06-27-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm a huge ****** please rape my face

-Swizzy-
06-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Fedor has been religious for as long as I can remember. Nothing was different about Fedor himself. Actually, that combo of punches that he threw looked great and would have been devastating had they landed clean.

The reason why he lost is because Werdum is THE best HW BJJ fighter on the planet. And yes, he is MUCH better than Nog IMO. But having said that, Fedor put himself in Werdum's triangle 3 times. He escaped twice, but then put himself back in it and I think that is due to his arrogance of thinking he is capable of being in any position and still surviving.

This is where Fedor makes a minor mental adjustment to his game and he'll be back as good as ever.

murmagic
06-27-2010, 02:12 PM
fedor lost because he went for the KO simple as

MindBat
06-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Probably a combination of overconfidence with a false sense of security and underestimation of Werdum's BJJ ground skills.

Fedor could've avoided the choke by simply pausing his ground and pound and letting Werdum stand up to resume the toe to toe battle. Instead, he offered up his arm as bait.

To Werdums credit, he withstood the chin shots pretty well and was smart and strong enough to lock on the tri-choke as soon as he saw the opening.
He capitalized on a careless mistake.

So I feel Fedor committed two careless mistakes:

Underestimating Werdum's chin and BJJ skills and relying too much on the ground and pound KO.

If they ever re-match, I see a different conclusion. I think Fedor was very humbled by that outcome and will come back stronger.

Brick Top
06-27-2010, 04:02 PM
fedor sucked thats why he lost

Thats why he lost :tool:

Sweet Jesus
06-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Fedor's needs to lose that belly and love handles.

-Swizzy-
06-27-2010, 06:03 PM

if that happens, he'll be a middleweight.

but thats not why he lost.

F l i c k e r
06-27-2010, 06:07 PM
He lost because Werdum > Fedor with submissions.

MindBat
06-27-2010, 06:30 PM
He needs more work on the triangle choke escape if there is such a thing.

MARKBNLV
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Fedor will ko him in a rematch,he went in far to ****y and caught plain and simple.

yeks
06-28-2010, 08:00 AM
all my points on the rematch...

fedor was not knocked out senseless.. he clearly made a mistake and paid for it..

kinda reminds me of the lesnar-mir I.

Left Hook Tua
06-28-2010, 08:04 AM

why?

fedor has never shown a lack of conditioning.

he's in great shape usually even with the gut and love handles.

how many guys with six packs and bulging muscles have you seen gas within the 1st round?

- v e t -
06-28-2010, 08:49 AM
all my points on the rematch...

fedor was not knocked out senseless.. he clearly made a mistake and paid for it..

kinda reminds me of the lesnar-mir I.

why?

how many guys with six packs and bulging muscles have you seen gas within the 1st round?

:fing02: :fing02: :fing02:

- v e t -
06-28-2010, 08:50 AM
fedor lost because he went for the KO simple as

yeah, he got careless.... should have went for the KO but more cautiously... not 'KO at any cost'

fightaddicted
06-28-2010, 11:45 AM
i think maybe fedor mightve looked past werdum and looked for the ko too early and got careless......but werdum is a damn good fighter...he beat overeem in japan..and now he has beaten both fedor and his brother....ive read some posts/threads where people call werdum a "bum" and that makes me think that there are alot of people in the mma section that dont know ****.

THE REED™
06-28-2010, 11:48 AM
He simply got caught by a good submission artist... can happen to anyone. He's human...

Virgil Caine
06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
i think maybe fedor mightve looked past werdum and looked for the ko too early and got careless......but werdum is a damn good fighter...he beat overeem in japan..and now he has beaten both fedor and his brother....ive read some posts/threads where people call werdum a "bum" and that makes me think that there are alot of people in the mma section that dont know ****.

No doubt, Werdum is very underrated. While I fully expected Fedor to get the victory and equally fully expect him to win a potential rematch, I said on here repeatedly that Werdum is a very dangerous opponent and that he has the tools to get the win. Particularly in light of this recent performance (although also with it notwithstanding), to me Werdum is clearly the best submission fighter at heavyweight, and easily one of the best submission fighter in the sport period. Though it's not often mentioned, he is a black belt in judo, in addition to being a blackbelt in jiu jitsu, 2x world champ/2x Abu Dhabi champ, etc.

I guess it's worth footnoting that he also holds two KO wins over Gonzaga and a KO win over Brandon Vera.

phallus
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM

why?

No doubt, Werdum is very underrated. While I fully expected Fedor to get the victory and equally fully expect him to win a potential rematch, I said on here repeatedly that Werdum is a very dangerous opponent and that he has the tools to get the win. Particularly in light of this recent performance (although also with it notwithstanding), to me Werdum is clearly the best submission fighter at heavyweight, and easily one of the best submission fighter in the sport period. Though it's not often mentioned, he is a black belt in judo, in addition to being a blackbelt in jiu jitsu, 2x world champ/2x Abu Dhabi champ, etc.

I guess it's worth footnoting that he also holds two KO wins over Gonzaga and a KO win over Brandon Vera.

it wasn't long ago when werdum was ranked no. 6 in the world as a HW, but he gets no respect. even dana white has no love for the guy, he lost once in the UFC - a KO by JDS and gets cut

1g5a22
06-29-2010, 09:58 AM
The reason why he lost is because Werdum is THE best HW BJJ fighter on the planet. And yes, he is MUCH better than Nog IMO. .huh?

did'nt nog totally outclass werdum back in 2006? that loss was sandwiched between the A. emelianenko and overeem wins!!

CONGO CASH
06-29-2010, 10:22 AM
and all this time i thought it was because of the triangle armbar

Left Hook Tua
07-01-2010, 02:53 AM
it wasn't long ago when werdum was ranked no. 6 in the world as a HW, but he gets no respect. even dana white has no love for the guy, he lost once in the UFC - a KO by JDS and gets cut

werdum is very good.

dana just doesn't like his style.