View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] Talk to me about Fedor Vs Lesnar

Earl Hickey
06-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't know much about MMA, but i was reading a magazine article recently and the impression I got is that Fedor is a bit like MMA's Floyd Mayweather, he's considered the best but he never seems to take big challenges, the article talked about him and Lesnar and seemed to think that Brock now would be too much for Fedor, it seemed like Brock has had to earn respect in MMA, but now he has it and is considered the top heavyweight.

So, what do you guys think, who would win?

I dont know enough to predict it really, but from what I do know id hazzard a guess that Lesnar would win.

American_Ninja
06-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Will never happen. OLD Subject.

G A M E
06-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Fedor would be more like Roy jones... a beast back in his prime that has nothing left to prove now?

allenloki
06-23-2010, 03:43 AM
I don't know much about MMA, but i was reading a magazine article recently and the impression I got is that Fedor is a bit like MMA's Floyd Mayweather, he's considered the best but he never seems to take big challenges, the article talked about him and Lesnar and seemed to think that Brock now would be too much for Fedor, it seemed like Brock has had to earn respect in MMA, but now he has it and is considered the top heavyweight.

So, what do you guys think, who would win?

I dont know enough to predict it really, but from what I do know id hazzard a guess that Lesnar would win.

That's the worst impression you could possibly get.

The dude beat all the top guys in their absolute prime and is now left in a rather empty heavyweight division. Retirement after one or two more fights is the best option. The guy literally has nothing left to prove. Just go back and re-watch all of his fights and look at the stage of his opponents careers at that point in time.

Clegg
06-23-2010, 04:05 AM
A lot of people who favour Brock seem to do so because he's talented and very big. His record though isn't overly impressive. I don't think he has any great wins yet.

Shane Carwin is an opponent who should tell us a lot more about Brock. I'm a bit undecided on Carwin as well, but he'll be the best fighter that Lesnar has faced.

At this stage I don't think Lesnar should beranked ahead of Fedor. There's a pretty huge gulf in resume there.

Gorilla Dogs
06-23-2010, 10:24 AM
A lot of people who favour Brock seem to do so because he's talented and very big. His record though isn't overly impressive. I don't think he has any great wins yet.

Shane Carwin is an opponent who should tell us a lot more about Brock. I'm a bit undecided on Carwin as well, but he'll be the best fighter that Lesnar has faced.

At this stage I don't think Lesnar should beranked ahead of Fedor. There's a pretty huge gulf in resume there.

So records are what makes a fighter?

So then is Tyrone Brunson better than Ricardo Mayorga? I mean Brunson has a better record

Clegg
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
So records are what makes a fighter?

So then is Tyrone Brunson better than Ricardo Mayorga? I mean Brunson has a better record

By 'record' I mean the people he has beaten and the manner in which he has beaten them, not the number of wins and losses he has (though his inexperience is a factor in my opinion as well).

F l i c k e r
06-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Fedor isn't an MMA Floyd Mayweather jr. That's a horrible comparison. A roy jones comparison is just as bad, no offense but it is

Lets keep it real. Fedor is the MMA version of Rocky Marciano. Almost lose then gets a stunning victory. That is Fedor and that is Marciano.

As for Fedor and Brock. I think it would be the highest quality of opponent both would have faced in their career. In all honesty, even in Fedor's extensive career, no one on his resume compares to Brock. The only possible comparison is Randallman because he is big and athletic but Randallman isn't even that close to Brock.

And alot of people just hopped on the Fedor-wagon when he got on Affliction, they'll downplay it but its true. Because he is blown way out of proportion now compared to when he was in Pride.

andre the giant
06-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I hate idiots who say Fedor got lucky ( And Marciano for that matter ) . Thats ****ing bull**** and it makes you look like a retarded moronic idiot . Its a downright troll statement . Lesnar has the tools to give Fedor a whole lot of trouble but i think Fedor would hurt him right away in the standup and if he gets taken down i think he could get a submission on Brock ( Although he would have to take some damage before he could do it . ) .

DeltaSigChi4
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Fedor has beaten everyone who has been front of him, and would beat everyone put in front of him. Period. There is no one better. Ever.

E

BlueberryMuffin
06-25-2010, 06:39 AM
The reason why so many people have that impression is because Dana White has made it his own personal vendetta to damage Fedor's reputation any way that he can. His whole argument is that Fedor hasn't faced any top competition since his PRIDE days, which is ridiculous because if you really take a look at it (Outside of a few cans) he has faced nothing but top 10 opponents, Arlovski was coming of a 5 fight winning streak and was ranked #2 at the time, Sylvia was ranked #4 at the time, an undefeated Rogers was ranked #9 and his next opponent in Fabricio Werdum makes many peoples top 10 lists (Mostly at either #9 or #10). Plus there are still plenty of TOP heavyweights waiting for him to take on (Barnett, Bigfoot Silva, Alistair Overeem just to name a few).

And to answer your question... I think Brock is a very dangerous guy and definitely has the tools to beat anyone, but i think Fedor would be too much for him.

Blair_Wells#32
06-25-2010, 07:03 PM
we've beaten this subject to death over the past few years so i'll keep it short for ya...
can Fedor Stop Brocks Takedown? No, can Fedor escape the position Brock put Mir in their last fight? No, will the Ref stop the fight after Fedors a Bloody unconcious mess against the cage? Yes.

Brock by Murder.

andre the giant
06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
^ lol at the rickson gracie troll .

one-Punch
06-25-2010, 11:26 PM
we've beaten this subject to death over the past few years so i'll keep it short for ya...
can Fedor Stop Brocks Takedown? Yes, can Fedor escape the position Brock put Mir in their last fight? Yes, will the Ref stop the fight after Lesnar is a Bloody unconcious mess against the cage? Yes.

Fedor by Murder.

Fixed that up for you.

If Carwin beats Lesnar, Lesnar Vs. Fedor debate will offically be over.

F l i c k e r
06-25-2010, 11:50 PM
If Carwin beats Lesnar, Lesnar Vs. Fedor debate will offically be over.

You got that right. But if Carwin gets destroyed by Lesnar. Then it's unanimous who would win out of Fedor and Lesnar.

Blair_Wells#32
06-25-2010, 11:59 PM
:haha: it wasn't too long ago i was considered one of the more knowledgeable posters on this forum but since i spoke up on how fedor would get beat im labled a troll :nonono:
:cool2: but i can live with that, Fedor fans are some of the most immature out there along with penn fans.
it will be a quick fight next week an someones getting Ko'd but my moneys on Brock getting the takedown and tko in the first or 2nd round.
and Andre Rickson is 50 now but he is still probably the best jiu jitsu practitioner out there yet so yes he still is the man :headbang:

TBEC2
06-26-2010, 12:30 AM
The big difference between the two is that during Fedor's time he beat everyone that posed a threat and proved himself repeatedly.

In my opinion Fedor has nothing really to prove he was the best fighter of his era.

Lesnar is on his way towards building his own legacy but there's still alot of talent out there for him to work his way through.

I would view a fight between Lesnar and Fedor not so much a best from here vs a best from there but more of a past vs present.

As great as Fedor is i view him the best of an era that is past (pride era) and is ridding out the rest of his career. The man already paid his dues and with out a doubt proved himself.

nodogoshi
06-26-2010, 12:33 AM
:haha: it wasn't too long ago i was considered one of the more knowledgeable posters on this forum but since i spoke up on how fedor would get beat im labled a troll :nonono:
:cool2: but i can live with that, Fedor fans are some of the most immature out there along with penn fans.
it will be a quick fight next week an someones getting Ko'd but my moneys on Brock getting the takedown and tko in the first or 2nd round.
and Andre Rickson is 50 now but he is still probably the best jiu jitsu practitioner out there yet so yes he still is the man :headbang:

Blair the most knowledgeable poster in his own little world.

nodogoshi
06-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Fixed that up for you.

When Carwin beats Lesnar, Lesnar Vs. Fedor debate will offically be over.

And I for you.

nodogoshi
06-26-2010, 12:38 AM
As for the topic, once he gets hit Brock is going to fold. He won't standup to punishment and I doubt he has the balls and heart to fight through adversity. I just hope that when Carwin does beat Brock he does it in annihilating fashion so that his delusional fanboy base doesn't have grounds to make excuses.

monaroCountry
06-26-2010, 01:48 AM
can Fedor Stop Brocks Takedown? No, can Fedor escape the position Brock put Mir in their last fight? No, will the Ref stop the fight after Fedors a Bloody unconcious mess against the cage? Yes.

Brock by Murder.

Can Fedor stop Brocks takedown? YES HE MOST DEFINATELY CAN.
Fedor will either reverse this very easily or knee Brock's head into dreamland. The thing is that Brock has never gone up against anyone with K1 level kickboxing like Fedor and Overeem. Look at 0:30 and imagine Fedor's knee connecting with Brock's head instead of the Body Shield.
FEDOR
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GtMRk4e8to&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GtMRk4e8to&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Can Fedor escape the position Brock put Mir in their last fight? YES HE MOST DEFINATELY WILL.
Mir simply gives up, he did this with Brock and he did it with Carwin. A smaller, less experienced and lesser fighter to Fedor (Randy Couture) was able to get up many times after being smothered by Brock. A stronger, more skilled and overall better fighter like Fedor would tool Brock on the ground.

Blair_Wells#32
06-26-2010, 04:11 AM
so your telling me that a no talent bum of a fighter like rogers can put fedor down break his nose an avoid fedors armbar attempts would do better then a D-1 beast of a wrestler and athlete like Lesnar won't be able...right that makes loads of sense.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCZhDGQCGgk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SCZhDGQCGgk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rogers reversed an got back to his feet quite easy an pressed Fedor against the cage but because he pretty much sucks he didn't do nothing with it if that were Brock your guaranteed to be taken down and hit, and notice how much room rogers gave Fedor when he was in his guard and how much room Brock gave Mir...Mir had no breathing room and got beat down.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIDmNMisXQc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIDmNMisXQc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
notice zero room to shift the hips an try for a submission when brock gets you on the ground its a one sided beating...how will fedor escape that?

monaroCountry
06-26-2010, 04:28 AM
If Brock has trouble keeping down a 220lbs wrestler that couldnt even get into the Olympics (Randy Couture), then how would he keep Fedor down, they guy that reversed and tooled a ~220lbs olympic silver medalist?

D1 is small frys its basically just another college level athlete, not international level (like Fedor and his Judo and Sambo). Submissions wise Fedor is the best, esp in Judo and Sambo. Take judo for example he isnt just another black belt, Fedor is a Russia representative. his last Judo tournament saw him beat the British, Australian and Netherland's judo champions.

That guy in the instructional video isnt going to be how Fedor reacts, Fedor isnt about to just let himself get controlled like that / not do anything.

Fedor has many more examples, and has shown many more escapes in his fights.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDtNaNE0XmQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDtNaNE0XmQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PsO_uFWoDYM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PsO_uFWoDYM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blair_Wells#32
06-26-2010, 04:30 AM
now go back to the same Scenario with Rogers pusing Fedor against the Cage but this time use Carwin as an Example, it would be a much different story.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lm1kCawmD0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lm1kCawmD0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ugh they picked horrible music for that knockout.

monaroCountry
06-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Oh it seems that Shane Carwin has jumped on the Fedor wagon and now sporting Fedor as his tweeter profile pic. Dana would be furious.

http://twitter.com/ShaneCarwin

@jake_16 I am representing Team Fedor over the weekend. Best HWT in the World

I bet Dana hates that one of his best are claiming Fedor to be better than him.

monaroCountry
06-26-2010, 04:38 AM
now go back to the same Scenario with Rogers pusing Fedor against the Cage but this time use Carwin as an Example, it would be a much different story.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lm1kCawmD0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lm1kCawmD0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ugh they picked horrible music for that knockout.

Shane has already stated that he isnt good enough to beat Fedor at this stage........lol at least he is honest.

Blair_Wells#32
06-26-2010, 04:40 AM
:nonono: your trying to bring in a bloated middleweight as a comparison to Lesnar that just doesn't fly on so many levels.
Fedor was reversed put up against a cage and reversed again and recieved some ground and pound from an out of shape bret rogers. what do you think would happen to him if he fought someone who trains fulltime on wrestling, sub defense and G 'n P? and if for some reason Fedor got up do you honestly think it would stay there? i don't, i think he'd be taken down again and beat up on.

Edit: :lol1: shane carwin is a constant suck up, he's the kind of guy who wants to say what the fans want to hear.

DeltaSigChi4
06-26-2010, 06:21 PM
You don't possess much knowledge in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts, Blair32.

And your avatar is ridiculous.

E

Blair_Wells#32
06-26-2010, 10:17 PM
yup i think Fedor can be beat and i don't know anything; anyone who dares say such a thing dont' know anything about mma. all Fedor fans are the same. they have the same mentallity on Sherdog ya'll should think of merging...its sad this used to be such a good place to post too :thinking:

American_Ninja
06-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Will never happen. OLD Subject.

Like I said, it will never happen.....................

nodogoshi
06-27-2010, 01:56 AM
No **** it will never happen. This isn't some piece of novel information. Any idiot knows this.

Blair_Wells#32
06-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Omfg fedor got beat the world is gonna end lmao i still got my cheshire cat smile :) fedor ain't god!!!