View Full Version : Why can't i run?

Earl Hickey
06-21-2010, 11:59 PM
I am lean, i am in shape, I can spar for a long time without getting tired, i can go on long, hard bike rides, i can spend an hour going hard on the cross trainer.

If i run for 20 seconds i gas out.

why?

Spartacus Sully
06-22-2010, 01:20 AM
because running is hard.

F l i c k e r
06-22-2010, 02:04 AM
You don't have running endurance. You should focus on running alot more.

I used to be the same way. I could do practically anything but long runs. Then the summer before my senior football season, I just ran my ass off. Miles, bleachers, miles in sand, and more miles. Then I finally got the running endurance.

I just can't open stride for **** though. Even now, I still don't have a long stride. So I have **** times, compared to other people. :nonono:

"Shion"
06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
You don't have running endurance. You should focus on running alot more.

I used to be the same way. I could do practically anything but long runs. Then the summer before my senior football season, I just ran my ass off. Miles, bleachers, miles in sand, and more miles. Then I finally got the running endurance.

I just can't open stride for **** though. Even now, I still don't have a long stride. So I have **** times, compared to other people. :nonono:

For some reason, I can run for a veeeeeery long time...

For me, the trick is to keep breathing really deep and exhaling quickly.

I also keep a damn fast pace for long runs.

For example, last I ran was about ten miles in under an hour and a half.

alza1988
06-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Work on your legs .Im working on pistols just now .Do squats and lunges .

BuddyBud
06-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I am lean, i am in shape, I can spar for a long time without getting tired, i can go on long, hard bike rides, i can spend an hour going hard on the cross trainer.

If i run for 20 seconds i gas out.

why?

coz u didnt take roids.

BirdsIView
06-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah I think you need to build your leg strength up, no other explaining it really. Just keep at it and do some squats or other leg exercises on the side.

lianpeng
06-22-2010, 11:42 PM
very helpful post.. thanks for sharing..

Crazylegs77
06-23-2010, 12:19 AM
pace yourself build up slowly dont try to overdo it.

Red_Kyubi
06-24-2010, 02:23 AM
running is alot different than cycling. works more muscles and you have all the weight that you have to move. Increasing your running endurance is very beneficial overall.

Clegg
06-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Strong legs might help with sprinting but I'm not sure they help with jogging.

pace yourself build up slowly dont try to overdo it.

I think this is the best advice in the thread. I used to tire quickly until I learnt to stop pushing myself too much. Just relax and go at a measured, consistent pace.