View Full Version : [Official] Record what you eat on the daily here.

Doctor_Tenma
06-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Thought it would be interesting for me to make this thread. I'm gonna try to drop down to 160 lbs. For the past 4 days I've been eating once/ twice a day (Mostly once).

Right now I heated up some spinach in the microwave, toasted 4 slices of wheat bread in the oven and added a little butter on top :)

ScottDBA
06-21-2010, 08:42 PM
You should really search some of the diet/weight loss threads on this site....

Doctor_Tenma
06-21-2010, 08:43 PM
You should really search some of the diet/weight loss threads on this site....

That was quick.

I hardly ever come here, I wouldn't know O.o

ScottDBA
06-21-2010, 09:44 PM
You're not going to have any energy if you're only eating two meals and one of them is spinach and toast.

I'm losing weight right now and today I had.

Banana before run.

Breakfast after run:
Omelette (1 egg and a bunch of egg whites) with baby spinach, kidney beans, and some salsa. Piece of rye toast.

Lunch:
1cup bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and some honey

Snack:
Apple

Pre training meal:
Half a small steak steak, a baked sweet potato, broccoli, piece of rye bread

After training: Protein shake and some berries. I might have a bit of low fat yogurt before I go to bed becuase I'm getting hungry.

Plus lots of water all day
-----------------------------
Two little meals probably isn't even enough food for a regular person who is sitting on their ass all day. If you're going to be doing any training, you will have no energy.

You need complex carbs for a steady energy release, and protein to help rebuild your muscles. Enough food to give you the energy to get through your training, but make it clean food that isn't loaded with excess calories in sugars and fats.

Dirt
06-21-2010, 10:01 PM
SOY,

you should go to forum.bodybuilding.com and look for the "losing fat" and "nutrition" section.

there, you'll be able to find what you need to know about how to properly lose the weight you want. before you say "oh thats a bodybuilding site" there are tons of info from professionals who coach, do scientific research etc.

what i CAN tell you is that eating once/day isn't optimal. if you want to lose weight properly you want to find your basal metabolic rate, multiply that by your activity level, and subtract between 500-800 cals. you don't want to be losing more than 2 or 3 lbs per week.

Danny Gunz
06-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Thought it would be interesting for me to make this thread. I'm gonna try to drop down to 160 lbs. For the past 4 days I've been eating once/ twice a day (Mostly once).

Right now I heated up some spinach in the microwave, toasted 4 slices of wheat bread in the oven and added a little butter on top :)

Eating once a day is a horrible way at losing weight. What will happen is your body will start eating away at muscle rather then fat.

There are plenty other ways to lose weight while maintaining your muscle.

Domey
06-21-2010, 10:57 PM
I've posted about this many times. Fasting is for professionals who are in the last days of making weight, and have a full 24 hours to replenish. Forget this for the amateurs.

When you are working out, you should not restrict your meals that much. Like clock work, I eat the same thing every damn day, but it works.

Breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs, and a can of tuna(Filled with water, not oil). I do not even use salt, as adding anything of the sort would start to add dehydration intead an already depleted diet. If I ever ate a lunch, it was the same thing as breakfast.

After this I do not eat until I work out. About an hour before, I cook a "big" meal. This would consist of either baked chicken with some toast, or chicken rice and gravy(0% fat gravy, pretty much flavored water). I drown this down with a cup of orange juice.

The main thing to be focused on, is what you are doing in between meals. Do not snack, at all. No power bars or anything. Power bars add protein, and on such a low diet and working out, you will build muscle instead of losing weight. Carbs are great as they are a slow release of energy, and easily digested.

The only thing you should be drinking is water, other then that orange juice. Energy drinks are terrible, and Gatorade type drinks are actually loaded in sodium. Stay away from them, stick to water as it is best for you!

The day of my fight I eat nothing until I weigh in(Duh), then I normally eat some spaghetti and chicken, bread, chuck a orange juice, and sip on a Powerade.

Anyhow, what is a big factor here is, what is your current weight? And are you losing this for a fight, or just for whatever? If for a fight, or a target goal, how long do you have?

P.S: Keep in mind, I fight at 126 lbs. This may not be enough food for someone weighing 160+

oaklandstephen
06-22-2010, 12:10 AM
boston chocolate bannana milkshake. so goooooodddd. num num num num

Spartacus Sully
06-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Today ill probly have egg salad sandwhich on wheat, applesauce, yogurt, bagel, 2 packs of ramen noodles with 1/4 cup parm butter salt an pepper on each, 1 belgin waffel, pack of tastey cakes, jimmy dean microwaveable b-fast sandwhich, a couple glasses of oj and milk, cup of green tea, water mellon, vanilla ice cream cone with chocolate jimmies, and a few slices of swiss cheese.

Doctor_Tenma
06-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Just that lately I've been watching alot of movies. Doesn't cross my mind to eat, so I don't think too much into it; since it actually helps I guess?. I also don't eat anything in the morning, in fact I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast. I'm hardly ever in the mood for that either.

Just that I would like to eat alot healthier. My mom's side of the family as a history of diabetes, and I'm sad to say that in a period of one month I saw my eye sight take a hit :(

So I'm trying to eat less, stay off the sugar and eat more vegetables.

discodave
06-22-2010, 07:36 AM
So far today I have had:

7.15am - glass of water before going a road run

7.55am - bowl of Special K cereal with semi-skimmed milk

10am - apple

11am - 2 pieces of wholemeal toast

In about 40 minutes I will be having some spicey chicken and 4 pieces of wholemeal toast for my lunch.

Before boxing tonight I will have a banana and maybe a small bowl of cereal. After training I will have either wholemeal pasta or an omelette.

Just before bed I will have a cup of tea.

Also making sure I am drinking plenty water throughout the day.

shine11
06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
I usually have a granola bar or two in the morning and at noon I have a medium sized bowl of rice I train around 5:30 so I dont eat anything till im done training. Around 8:30 I have a plate of rice and some cabbage stew. This works for me very well

bernardotelo
06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
the only thing I eat is macdonald's, burguer king and kfc

Bronsky
06-22-2010, 09:45 AM
^^either that's because you're joking or because according to your sig your 15 and ur metabolism is a mu'fvcka speed demon right now. Either way, haha

Doctor_Tenma
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Just ate oatmeal right now, I usually never eat this early.

-Hyperion-
06-22-2010, 11:52 AM
had a bowl of cereal(the one with the tiger) like an hour ago

Doctor_Tenma
06-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Just ate moro de habichuelas (Mixture of rice and brown beans) 2 scoops, a friend platano, and a piece of chicken. That's it for today :)

Manboyeatme
06-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Breakfast 8am : 2 egg veggie omelet, some "good" fat like a spoon of almond butter or slice of avocado, and 1 cup of oatmeal(no sugar added) with a fruit.

Midmorning snack 10am : protein bar yogert(plain lowfat) with granola and a fruit

Lunch 12pm : albacore tuna wrap or chicken with brown rice or whole grain toast. With a salad full of veggies.

Mid-afternoon snack 2pm : protein shake (whey and water) protein bar, or fruit and almonds.

Pre-Workout snack 4pm: I either have a protien shake/bar or some fruit with almonds depending what i had for my mid afternoon snack. (work out an hour later)

Dinner 8pm : broiled fish or chicken brown rice or a sweet potato vegetables and salad. Very similar to what i have for lunch.

Evening Snack 10pm : protein shake

I try not to take in to much sugar after working out. I drink mostly water because jucies have to much sugar. The fruits during the day take care of that. Make sure you have lots of veggies in your meals.

Spartacus Sully
06-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Lunch 12pm : albacore tuna wrap or chicken with brown rice or whole grain toast. With a salad full of veggies.

skipjack tuna is better for you.

it has a much shorter life then albacore as the older a fish is the more mercury it absorbs from the sea skipjacks have as little as half the mercury thats in the same serving of albacore, yellow fin, or bluefin tunas.

One more round
06-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Right now I'm not losing weight, just eating mostly healthy and sitting at around 130lbs.

I'm fighting a tournament in August, where I'll fight at 125.

When I'm losing weight, I eat a small bowl of porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast with a little honey. A tub of low fat yoghurt and either green tea or water also.

Then for a snack I'll have a muesli bar

Then lunch is salad with no dressing, maybe skinless chicken or a little ham added too.

then before training I eat a small bowl of cereal like special K, with a couple slices of toasted brown bread with vegemite.

then after training when I'm home, it's either a protein shake, or tub of low fat yoghurt.

Making 110 last year I stuck to this diet, then the day/ days before the weigh in I cut down my water intake, and eventually the day before the weigh in i just had a sandwich, coffee and a cereal bar. Made it fine.

Doctor_Tenma
06-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Just ate chicken noodle soup, also had rice on the side. Soup had celery, potatoes, chicken (Obviously) and pumpkin. MMMMMMMMmmmm :)

Later I'll probbaly eat an apple. Then that'll be it for the day.

dannnnn
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Just ate chicken noodle soup, also had rice on the side. Soup had celery, potatoes, chicken (Obviously) and pumpkin. MMMMMMMMmmmm :)

Later I'll probbaly eat an apple. Then that'll be it for the day.

Eating as little as that in a day will do you no good, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Your body will go into 'starvation mode' and your metabolism will slow right down.

Doctor_Tenma
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Eating as little as that in a day will do you no good, especially if you're trying to lose weight. Your body will go into 'starvation mode' and your metabolism will slow right down.

I know I should mix in breakfast, but I'm never in the mood.

G A M E
06-24-2010, 05:29 AM
6am run/workout

7.30am - bowl of berry museli and 1 bananna

10.30am - protein shake and 1 row of rice crackers

1.30pm - big lunch (well not that big, last nights dinner)

4.30pm pre-workout 1 bananna and a piece of fruit

7.30 after workout protein shake and small can of tuna

9pm - hot choclate... i can have that...i gotta have that... im a heavyweight so i can get away with it. lol

G A M E
06-24-2010, 05:31 AM
I know I should mix in breakfast, but I'm never in the mood.

6 small meals a day 3hrs in between... your metabolism will shoot through the roof

discodave
06-24-2010, 07:53 AM
I've been eating loads of wholemeal bread recently. Can't get enough of the stuff!

I'm looking to cut weight in a steady, reasonable manner. Probably about 1.5lbs per week would be fine.

Domey
06-24-2010, 01:13 PM
6 small meals a day 3hrs in between... your metabolism will shoot through the roof

im a heavyweight so i can get away with it.

This is terrible advice.

Jack3d
06-24-2010, 01:31 PM
So far today I've eaten

1.5 Scoops of Whey Protein in Water with Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries

12 Eggs (11 Whites 1 Whole)
1/2 Cup Oatmeal with Milk and Blueberries and Cinnamon
2 Cups of Orange Juice

2 Wegmans Spicy Shrimp Brown Rice Roll Sushi Packages (totaling 16 Rolls) with a glass of Water

10oz Grilled Chicken Breast
1 Cup Brown Rice
Broccolli
3 Glasses of Water

Doctor_Tenma
06-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Just ate an apple right now :)

I have a friend who does this, and he's actually gotten much bigger. He went from 144 to 168-170 lbs. Maybe he's doing it wrong I don't know, then I again he lifts alot of weight.

Jack3d
06-24-2010, 01:38 PM
I have a friend who does this, and he's actually gotten much bigger. He went from 144 to 168-170 lbs. Maybe he's doing it wrong I don't know, then I again he lifts alot of weight.

He's not doing it wrong. 6-8 meals a day can be done for weight loss or weight gain. You just have to tweak your calories accordingly.

TheHolyCross
06-24-2010, 01:40 PM
i eat chicken on a daily basis

and im having chicken right now as we speak

and some fruit juice

southpaw2884
06-24-2010, 01:43 PM
this what works for me

breakfast( after workout)
one whole egg and egg white scrambled with skim milk in a wheat burrito

snack
yogurt or cottage cheese( skim milk or 2%)

lunch
can of tuna(low sodium)or turkey sandwich on wheat with swiss cheese no mayo or anything.

pre workout snack
oatmeal with banana and peanut butter or with strawberries

dinner
something with fish or chicken carbs and veggies

TheHolyCross
06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
you have egg everyday? i dont think that's healthy man

southpaw2884
06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
well i am on the fence bout that egg coment. cause i have heard two sides of that debate. but good point to bring up. would you say only egg whites? but all the good **** is in the yolk?

Jack3d
06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
you have egg everyday? i dont think that's healthy man

Why? Eggs are one of the most complete and quality proteins you can find.

Whites are where all the protein is. The yolks are what is unhealthy.

southpaw2884
06-24-2010, 01:56 PM
aight maybe i will change that. i use to do protein shakes but i dont recommend that as a meal replacement. nothing should replace a meal. they are only good if you use them like after a workout. but even still real food reigns surpreme

TheHolyCross
06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
i dont know to be honest, all i hear is that eggs should be eaten in moderation due to the cholesterole

but i've never read into it

Aperion
06-24-2010, 02:24 PM
i dont know to be honest, all i hear is that eggs should be eaten in moderation due to the cholesterole

but i've never read into it

I eat eggs pretty much every single day of my life, anytime I've had my cholesterol checked, it comes back totally fine, not high at all. I usually cook my eggs in olive oil and always put cut up tomatoes or jalepeno peppers in with them and grated pepper. I also eat tons of whole grains and veggies and other healthy food in general which is likely how I keep my cholesterol down.

Doctor_Tenma
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Just had a big bowl of yesterday's soup. That's probably it for today.

southpaw2884
06-24-2010, 05:59 PM
you fry the eggs in olive oil? i like to use habenaro hott sauce on mine

bernardotelo
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
^^either that's because you're joking or because according to your sig your 15 and ur metabolism is a mu'fvcka speed demon right now. Either way, haha

lol I was joking but I really don't have a good eating habbit untill this year the only thing i drank was coke and the only thing I ate was junk food now i only drink water and i'm changing my eating habbits and i've gained 6 pounds :boxing:

Doctor_Tenma
06-28-2010, 01:22 AM
This morning I ate 2 apples, and about an hour ago I ate 2 egg sandwiches. Used wheat bread :)

That's it for the day, not much.

Domey
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
This morning I ate 2 apples, and about an hour ago I ate 2 egg sandwiches. Used wheat bread :)

That's it for the day, not much.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish other then depriving your body. If you haven't already, you will hit a threshold where you will not be able to lose weight.

I use to eat one meal a day, and continue my normal training regime. I did nothing but hurt myself, and starve for no reason. I came down to 125 from 140 during the golden gloves, and at 130 I started seeing no gains until I actually started eating. If you are eating hardly anything, you will have hardly any energy to burn off even that one meal. Now if you eat breakfast lunch and dinner, your body will have a ton of energy, be able to burn off everything you ate and then some.

Secondly, I doubt you are a professional fighter. I mean hell, not even pro's deprive their body's like this anymore. They watch their portions, watch what they eat, and do not stray from their diet. The last 24-48 hours they fast, weigh in, and have 24 hours to replenish their body before a fight.

SirTomJones
06-28-2010, 05:40 PM
I had oats and milk for breakfast.

Chicken and lettuce for lunch.

Reggae Reggae Chicken and Lettuce for dinner.

That is it.

Plenty of water.

Did have an apple juice too.

Domey
06-28-2010, 06:51 PM
I had oats and milk for breakfast.

Chicken and lettuce for lunch.

Reggae Reggae Chicken and Lettuce for dinner.

That is it.

Plenty of water.

Did have an apple juice too.

Not sure what Raggae Raggae chicken consist of, or how you prepped your chicken for lunch, but I would suggest baking it. Other then that, that is a good days meal. Apple juice I would of stayed away from and just stick to water. I guess the apple juice could work as a sort of laxative, but I'd still stick to pure water.

SirTomJones
06-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Not sure what Raggae Raggae chicken consist of, or how you prepped your chicken for lunch, but I would suggest baking it. Other then that, that is a good days meal. Apple juice I would of stayed away from and just stick to water. I guess the apple juice could work as a sort of laxative, but I'd still stick to pure water.

Jamaican jerk spice chicken it is.

I had the apple juice today but will stick to just water tomorrow.

Doctor_Tenma
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish other then depriving your body. If you haven't already, you will hit a threshold where you will not be able to lose weight.

I use to eat one meal a day, and continue my normal training regime. I did nothing but hurt myself, and starve for no reason. I came down to 125 from 140 during the golden gloves, and at 130 I started seeing no gains until I actually started eating. If you are eating hardly anything, you will have hardly any energy to burn off even that one meal. Now if you eat breakfast lunch and dinner, your body will have a ton of energy, be able to burn off everything you ate and then some.

Secondly, I doubt you are a professional fighter. I mean hell, not even pro's deprive their body's like this anymore. They watch their portions, watch what they eat, and do not stray from their diet. The last 24-48 hours they fast, weigh in, and have 24 hours to replenish their body before a fight.

No, it's that I ate popeyes on Satuday so I wanted to cut back a little (Forgot to add that on here).

Today I ate, rice, brown beans and chicken. That's all I've eaten today O.o

P4PKING_2010
06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
How is this official?

Sam Donald
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM
breakfast - cereal, 2 eggs beans on top with toast

lunch - chicken donor and chips with coke

few hours later - family size pizza - around 15slices

dinner - chicken and chips with aload of coke

HyperUppercut
06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I eat nails and drink pennsoil.

Doctor_Tenma
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Just ate 2 slices of wheat bread :dance:

F l i c k e r
06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
lol, dedicated to this thread huh Soy?

Well, I ate some fruit. Thats about it. Probably eat some rice after my evening workout, which I should be leaving for right about now but I am lazy and don't feel like being broken. :lol1: