View Full Version : Chael Sonnen Takes Shots at Anderson Silva, Nogueira Brothers, Ed Soares

Dorian
06-17-2010, 05:33 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwRT_Fhd6_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwRT_Fhd6_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ƒallenloki
06-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Have people forgotten that Chael Sonnen sucks?

Literally a year ago he was known as "that guy who screams every time he gets submitted"

His mouth and his mouth only have gotten him the title shot

Dorian
06-19-2010, 08:53 PM
:lol1:

“I’ve got two national championship plaques on my wall that says I can take him down. I’ve got a silver medal from the world championships in 2001 that says he can’t stop me from taking him down"

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20100204040106_IMG_8123.JPG

Dorian
06-19-2010, 08:54 PM

Literally a year ago he was known as "that guy who screams every time he gets submitted"

He did beat Nate to earn his number 1 contender place..

venom1
06-20-2010, 11:52 AM
:lol1:

“I’ve got two national championship plaques on my wall that says I can take him down. I’ve got a silver medal from the world championships in 2001 that says he can’t stop me from taking him down"

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20100204040106_IMG_8123.JPG

Well i have got a fight of his vs Demian Maia which says that he would get KO before he can even take him down.

I also got a fight of Demian Maia vs Spider which says, he would get toyed around with before he even gets within takedown distance of Spider.

ƒallenloki
06-20-2010, 06:51 PM
He did beat Nate to earn his number 1 contender place..

Nate Marquardt is weird to me.

He can starch guys like Kampman and Gouveia, but the dude couldn't do anything against Thales Leites (if you remember who that is), or Sonnen. Seems like the dude just doesn't know what to do against a decent grappler.

Go back and watch Sonnen's last 10-15 fights. He's a solid gate-keeper, but the guy can be broken, KO'd, and submitted.

This guy is today's Travis Lutter.

Jack3d
06-21-2010, 02:13 AM

Whoa now. Chael isn't gassing after 2 minutes

BIg Smoke
06-21-2010, 02:32 AM
Who hasn't Sonnen taken a shot at?

ƒallenloki
06-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Whoa now. Chael isn't gassing after 2 minutes

I was referring to the hype.

Jack3d
06-21-2010, 04:22 AM
I was referring to the hype.

Travis Lutter had hype?

ƒallenloki
06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Travis Lutter had hype?

Don't you remember Mike Goldberg calling him the "Michael Jordan of BJJ"

:rofl:

venom1
06-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Mike Goldberg knows less than a 60 yr old granny about MMA lmao every time he gets corected by Joe Rogan who himself is biased as ****. They call Chris Leben title worthy as much as i love the guy lol that is taking the piss, They think Forrest Griffin is great all of a sudden after 1 good performance vs Rampage. hahahaa great point.

phallus
06-21-2010, 09:59 PM

Nate Marquardt is weird to me.

He can starch guys like Kampman and Gouveia, but the dude couldn't do anything against Thales Leites (if you remember who that is), or Sonnen. Seems like the dude just doesn't know what to do against a decent grappler.

Go back and watch Sonnen's last 10-15 fights. He's a solid gate-keeper, but the guy can be broken, KO'd, and submitted.

Mike Goldberg knows less than a 60 yr old granny about MMA lmao every time he gets corected by Joe Rogan who himself is biased as ****. They call Chris Leben title worthy as much as i love the guy lol that is taking the piss, They think Forrest Griffin is great all of a sudden after 1 good performance vs Rampage. hahahaa great point.

sonnen is a good salesman, he knows it's his job to hype up what would otherwise be a boring fight. i watched sonnen's fight before he was in the UFC, he's a boring, one dimensional, lay and pray wrestler, most likely the spider f*cks him up, but he's talking so much smack everybody will pay to see it. if you're a borng guy like sonnen your best bet is to talk alot of trash beofe the fight, otherwise nobody knows or cares who you are. rogan and goldberg are pretty much the same, they're there to sell mediocre fighters, alot of the guys in UFC are guys like bis-ping with padded records who are there for marketing and stuff. forrest griffin is hard working guy with great cardio but even he knows he won the lottery when he kicked rampage and won the belt, it had nothing to do with skill

nodogoshi
06-22-2010, 12:54 AM
sonnen is a good salesman, he knows it's his job to hype up what would otherwise be a boring fight. i watched sonnen's fight before he was in the UFC, he's a boring, one dimensional, lay and pray wrestler, most likely the spider f*cks him up, but he's talking so much smack everybody will pay to see it. if you're a borng guy like sonnen your best bet is to talk alot of trash beofe the fight, otherwise nobody knows or cares who you are. rogan and goldberg are pretty much the same, they're there to sell mediocre fighters, alot of the guys in UFC are guys like bis-ping with padded records who are there for marketing and stuff. forrest griffin is hard working guy with great cardio but even he knows he won the lottery when he kicked rampage and won the belt, it had nothing to do with skill

I agree in full, between the rampage fight and beating Shogun when he had a blown ACL, Griffin is easily the biggest overachiever in the history of MMA, it would seem. He does of course deserve credit for his hard work and conditioning, which enabled him to seize those opportunities.

F l i c k e r
06-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Nah, I don't like the Griffin talk. I agree with Forrest's skill and cardio talk but not the lottery thing with Rampage. That was purely Rampage's fault, no lottery, just Rampage not being Rampage. It wasn't like a fluke either, because right after he had problems with Jardine and 2 fights after that, Rashad. So, I don't really agree with hitting the lottery with Rampage. Rampage simply fell off, cover-roll-left hook, thats all he does now.

Also, I think the biggest overachiever is Diego Sanchez. Even BJ said it. But then again, I just don't like Diego Sanchez for ****, so my opinion on him may be a bit biased. Him and Joe Stevenson, can't stand those two guys.

On Topic: I got to admitt, I don't like Sonnen either but I love **** talking. All I can hope for is Sonnen willing to go out on his shield instead of butt flopping like Maia and Leites or tko'ing himself like Cote did.

TBEC2
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Defiantly tell Sonnen is a politician, he can work that microphone and sell this product when an actuality its probably not going to be a very exciting fight.

Either Silva is going to blast him on the feet or Sonnen is gonna lay n pray.

Dorian
06-22-2010, 03:56 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pd_oBefEmH4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pd_oBefEmH4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>