View Full Version : how to quickly and safely lose 50 pounds??

infamous larryx
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
currently at 210 need to drop to 160..what foods should i eat??and other than running and skipping rope whats a good routine..just rejoined a boxing gym and need to get down to 160 before i turn pro

ScottDBA
06-15-2010, 04:04 PM
LOL.

Oh man.

Sam Donald
06-15-2010, 04:07 PM
your not serious are you? not the 50pounds thing but turn pro remark? well anyway

you dont need no magic potion or anything, just hard work. running, eat sensible, u obviously no pizzas are bad for u etc

get ur self to a boxing gym and im sure if uve boxed before u would know what a good routine looks like... period

Squirrel
06-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Get ready for a lot of hard work and a long time to do this in.

No magic forumla or anything.

dreaded_FIST
06-15-2010, 04:20 PM
currently at 210 need to drop to 160..what foods should i eat??and other than running and skipping rope whats a good routine..just rejoined a boxing gym and need to get down to 160 before i turn pro

lol...whats your amateur record look like and how old are you? and no i aint hating on you..keep doing you. It'll be hard...but nothing is impossible

Squirrel
06-15-2010, 04:30 PM
He's 28 with 3 kids.

amateur record of like 28 wins or sth a few years ago.

dreaded_FIST
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
He's 28 with 3 kids.

amateur record of like 28 wins or sth a few years ago.

More power to him then... as for losing 50 pounds, cut out all junk food, frizzy drinks, sugar etcetc. Drink only water, 5-6 small meals a day, basically eat as clean as you can. work on your cardio blahblah..this should all be common sense stuff that you should already know. But 50 pounds is a lot.. so don't expect to lose it over night.

and all I got to say is.... don't be disappointed if things don't go your way.

edit: do a search on this forum...pretty sure you'll find threads just like this.

infamous larryx
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
thanks..i know its some pros here so i was just asking for advice since ive never had to lose this much weight before,,im just out of shape right now

dreaded_FIST
06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
thanks..i know its some pros here so i was just asking for advice since ive never had to lose this much weight before,,im just out of shape right now

I think most of the ppl posting in this section are amateurs but I dont know if there are any pros.. look into HIIT for cardio..

Double Jab
06-15-2010, 05:36 PM
LOL.

Oh man.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

But yes, hard work, and more hard work.

mushahadeen
06-15-2010, 06:59 PM

50 Cent is still alive. I would do what he did.

alb829
06-16-2010, 03:51 PM
50 Cent is still alive. I would do what he did.

50 went an all liquid diet to lose his weight. He said it was hard as hell too.

Larry if you want a quick fix look into Medifast or Nutrisystem. People on Medifast lose 2 to 5 lbs a week. There are lots of vids from users of each on Youtube.

Either way Good luck with both your weight loss and turning pro. Ignore the Haters and stay focused and disciplined and you can do it.

Danny Gunz
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Honestly dude losing 50 pounds in a short period time then just turning pro is a bad idea. You might be able to get 25-30 pounds off with hard work but those last 20 pounds will be brutal.

You should looking into gradually losing the weight until you are down to 160.

BrooklynBomber
06-16-2010, 09:51 PM
T-nation.com You are not gonna learn much useful stuff here on diet and nutrition.

g0tcha
06-16-2010, 11:00 PM

the most weight to lose safely and quickly would be around 5lbs a week max. depending on your body you may lose more or less. Losing weight fast can cause serious complications especially if you do it the wrong way. eat small frequent meals. 5-7 meals a day no more then 3 hours apart. protein good fats and good carbs like sweet potatoes, old fashion oatmeal, brown rice and whol grain bread and pasta but within reason. lots of veggies and lots of water. get on a weight lifting routine and do your daily cardio along with 2-4x a week of conditioning(HIIT,HIT) and if you want to add some plyo you could do that 2-4x a week as well. if you are determined you could reach that goal in around 3 months with losing around 5 lbs a week. this is no easy task the most important thing is that you do it correctly.

a friends friend ended up in the hospital because he lost something like 25-30lbs in less then a month and caused some real bad damage. he started blacking out every now and then and by the time he decided to get checked out they found that fluid had built up in his brain and that his eating habits, lack of sleep ontop of working out and his rapid weight lost contributed to it. had to get surgery to have the liquid drained and now he has to live with the consequences.

goodluck man work hard, do it right and youll definitely reach your goals

shogunn
06-17-2010, 12:31 AM
gonna take at least 3-5 months at an accelerated rate, and it probably wont be safe. probably easy to gain back too

MonsieurGeorges
06-17-2010, 02:24 AM
start shooting dope

ScottDBA
06-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Cut off one of your legs?

Squirrel
06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
the most weight to lose safely and quickly would be around 5lbs a week max.

No, 2lbs a week is max.

Danny Gunz
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
To lose 30-50 pounds healthy and in a way it wont effect your performance would probably be to lose the weight over about a year.

T.Horton
06-17-2010, 01:50 PM
currently at 210 need to drop to 160..what foods should i eat??and other than running and skipping rope whats a good routine..just rejoined a boxing gym and need to get down to 160 before i turn proBro, that's too much weight in my opinion. You're a grown man and you're not fat based on the photos you posted.

T.Horton
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry, point was that you are not going to have anywhere near the power that you have now. I think your goal should be around 175 and use the HIIT system that these guys are talking about.

Also routine is extremely important. Get up same time everyday, do your run, eat your healthy breakfast. Oatmeal, toast, unsweetened or mildly sweetened tea, fruit.

You get the point.

Also, for a little boost you can use an NO product and low calorie protein after workouts. Using the aforementioned I was able to stretch my workouts from one a day to three a days when I needed to.

Oh yeah, live in the boxing gym. Hell, even work the mitts for people because they do give your shoulders and biceps a pretty exceptional workout. Burning calories like a torch.

The Missing Lin
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Swimming is a great way to lose weight, try that... helps build strength in your arms aswell.

Cycling (indoor bike) is another way to lose weight quickly if you use it alot and balance it out a with a healthy diet... plus you can use the bike and watch TV or have your music on.... it passes time quicker.. in no time you've done 10-20km.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your weight loss program, let us know how it goes.

Doctor_Tenma
06-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Why are a bunch of you ****s putting him down? Who gives a **** about how early or how late he started.

Right2TheTemple
06-20-2010, 10:20 PM

whats your height ?? 5'4 ???:chairshot

Danny Gunz
06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
And you arent going to lose 50 pounds by working out more, you are gonna need a strict as hell diet.

T.Horton
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
whats your height ?? 5'4 ???:chairshotAre you Bobby Lee?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_N5W01_2wXSk/SczgxhPG_tI/AAAAAAAAA6Y/qTVAuAEUGUQ/s400/BobbyLee3.jpg

Motofan
06-26-2010, 05:14 AM
Drink TONS of water. Nothing besides that unless its something like V8. As far as food, no junk at all. None. Eat grilled chicken, and lots of greens, and bananas everyday. Protien powder is also good to build lean muscle while you are cutting weight, and it makes you less hungry. Also, up the balls out of whatever cardio you are currently doing. Here is what I do, and I struggle to keep any weight on.

-Run 5 miles monday followed by one hour of speed bag work.
-Tuesday is 500 situp's (variety not just normal crunches) followed by weight lifting for an hour.
-Wednesday Run 5 miles followed by one hour on the heavybag.
-Thursday 500 situps (variety) followed by weight lifting for an hour.
-Friday is running 5 miles followed by an hour of work on the speedbag, then an hour on the heavybag.

I went from 190 to about 175 over about two months and I have single digit body fat.

joe strong
06-26-2010, 05:48 AM

good luck & I hope you can drop the weight.I'm 35 & it gets tougher.I work outside in winter.it gets down to -30below here so I always put on weight for winter.my job requires me to climb around.I can't dress to bulky because you can't move.my tool belt weighs 20lbs.my sledgehammer I carry with me weighs 8lbs alone.I usually go from 210-215 to about 250-255 in winter.it's alot harder to drop it every now so eating right & drinking water don't seen to be enough to get the weight off so I'm actually going to go to the gym on my days off now.I'm actually going to try & get down to 200 for the first time in a decade.keep us posted on your progress.it's good motivation to hear successful results.hope the boxing career takes off for you.

Rockin'
06-26-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm not trying to detour you ambitions but 50lbs in a short time is just crazy. That Danny Gunz guy is giving you some good advice. Alot of fighters think, well if I'm going to fight I want to fight in a lighter weight class thinking that it will be easier fighting a smaller guy. But when you have to kill/weaken yourself to do it it is just not good and you will see your efforts only being counter productive.

Just bust ass in the gym and watch your intake. Fight where you know that you will be strong, not just where you think that you should be. Dont worry about the ego thing of being stronger than your opponent because you will never always be naturally the strongest guy. With your body in good shape you can use your mind and skills to win fights rather than brute strength.

And if none of that works then go with what the other guy said, cut off a leg........................Rockin':boxing:

them_apples
06-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I think most of the ppl posting in this section are amateurs but I dont know if there are any pros.. look into HIIT for cardio..

look into long running and sprinting intervals too..you don't want suckage stamina like MMA fighters who skip this.

PinoyZoi
06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
How tall are you anyways?

Sam Donald
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Well.. hows it going, Larry?

infamous larryx
08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Well.. hows it going, Larry?

down to 200 even..still along way to go

Sam Donald
08-24-2010, 12:57 PM
down to 200 even..still along way to go

oo well done, bro

edit: when are u turning pro?

mushahadeen
08-24-2010, 03:44 PM

When you're talking about 50 lbs. forget the types of food. Just focus on your Daily Caloric Maintenance level and make sure to eat AT LEAST 500 calories less than that.

When you get closer to your goal, and having energy for your training becomes an issue-- then you can worry about eating the right proportions of protein, carbs, etc.

But at this point just focus on shedding fat. That's my advice anyway.

mushahadeen
08-24-2010, 03:46 PM
look into long running and sprinting intervals too..you don't want suckage stamina like MMA fighters who skip this.

That's all true man but the guy is fat. He should just focus on getting into some modicum of shape before intense training.

The intense training will probably just make him hungry and he'll end up pigging out afterwards.