View Full Version : Michael Jai White showing Kimbo how to punch.

boxingsmash69
06-12-2010, 04:55 AM
http://www.break.com/index/kimbo-slice-gets-punching-lesson.html

#1Assassin
06-12-2010, 05:10 AM
that movie has some sweet fight scenes. like the first one when michael jai white shanks the **** out of kimbo.

boxingsmash69
06-12-2010, 05:21 AM
that movie has some sweet fight scenes. like the first one when michael jai white shanks the **** out of kimbo.

Yeah that was Undisputed 3. All 3 movies are pretty good imo.

#1Assassin
06-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Yeah that was Undisputed 3. All 3 movies are pretty good imo.

no man its from blood and bone. michael jai white was in undisputed 2, not three. and kimbo hasnt been in any of em.

here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GAdHVfT560&feature=related

gatagata
06-12-2010, 05:54 AM
Man that was cool. I like Michael Jai's movies.

boxingsmash69
06-12-2010, 06:21 AM
no man its from blood and bone. michael jai white was in undisputed 2, not three. and kimbo hasnt been in any of em.

here it is

OH yes that's what I meant, Blood and Bone. I got confused because I saw both Blood and Bone, and Undisputed 3, on the same day, lol.

Talon
06-14-2010, 10:05 AM
if you ask me he's a little too ****y and hit kimbos hand too hard, id like to see kimbo knock him out

CarlosG815
06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Reminds me of Naseem Hamed and why he was so dangerous. He threw his punches and they were very hard to see coming.

Domey
06-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Punching like this works very well for a setup punch, like a jab, or even a quick right to pivot off of. After that, you would set up a powerful shot like a straight right or a hook using your shoulder. However, as a power punch, or the 'knockout blow' as he refers to it, it would not be very powerful, or with much knockout connected. Why?

Because you are not putting your shoulder into it. I dont care if you use your legs, turn with your waist, come in with your body. If you use all that force, and leave the connecting shoulder out of the equasion, it will just be a quick arm punch, with a ton of added and wasted momentum.

ELPacman
06-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Michael Jai White is badass. He's got a small cult following. It's nice to know he actually knows his **** and doesn't just pretend to know. But the end story that he was showing is, DON'T TELEGRAPH YOUR PUNCHES. I can't remember how many times I heard that in the gym...

Domey
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Michael Jai White is badass. He's got a small cult following. It's nice to know he actually knows his **** and doesn't just pretend to know. But the end story that he was showing is, DON'T TELEGRAPH YOUR PUNCHES. I can't remember how many times I heard that in the gym...

MJW is awesome, no doubt about that, and he is definitely not a pretender like a good majority of the silver screen 'fighters'.

Most people do not know or realize they are telegraphing their punches. I mean hell you minas well just wiggle your fist before you throw it.

There are pro's and con's to everything, and there are situations when to punch x way or y way. The trick of the game is learning when and how.

Punches like this usually come from the chest or lower, which is why most fighters who punch like this usually carry their jab hand low, with their power hand in a normal position covering their face. Stick them with a quick jab and follow through with a powerful straight, nothing better.

Edit: To make this post more apparent, my original post was in no way discrediting or anything of the sort to MJW. Just saying punching this way is not for EVERY punch, as I am sure tons of fan boys around here will start using this for everything.

-The Glove-
06-15-2010, 02:57 AM

here it is

Blood and Bone was a surprisingly good movie.