View Full Version : Why do you people think Tyson has a better chin than Frazier?

tommyhearns804
06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Frazier was knocked down 10 times.8 by Foreman the hardest punching heavyweight ever and 2 times by Bonevena who hit harder than Holyfield Douglas Williams or Mcbride.Frazier was only really stopped by Foreman.There is no shame in that.Tyson was stun by guys like James Tillis who couldnt punch at all.Could anybody explain this to me?

Imira
06-30-2005, 08:07 PM
The only people who think Tyson has a better chin than Frazier are Tyson fans who don't know anything about any boxer before 1985.

Foreman
07-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Ditto what Imira said. Frazier only ever lost to 2 people. Ali and Foreman. 2 bona fide all time greats. Christ, Joe wanted to come out for the 15th round in Manila and little mikey quits on his stool in the 6th against Mcbride in a fight that he is WINNING. That's the difference between an all time great and a *****.

Palma
07-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Hard to say who has or had the best chin in boxing. I've seen tyson take some lethal clean blows to the head and walk it off like nothing. What i can say is that I have never seen Frazier or Tyson get rocked and put on their ass while they were fresh (not exhausted)by a single punch. However, I did see Rahman atke out a fresh Lewis with one punch. My way of measuring it would be if Rahman were to have thrown that same punch at a fresh Tyson or Fraier would the outcome have been similiar to Lewis's?
I do not know and I am not one to speculate.

JUYJUY
07-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Razor Ruddock punched harder than George Foreman.

JUYJUY

Ceratogyrus
07-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Razor Ruddock punched harder than George Foreman

Thats just crazy. Knocking out an aging Michael Dokes is not the same as destroying Joe Frazier and George Chuvalo, two incredibly tough guys.

Fraziers' chin was better. I know he was sometimes vulnerable in the early rounds but once he warmed up he was almost unstoppable.

tommyhearns804
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
You know who thinks Razor Ruddock was a good fighter?Tyson fan boys.Child molestors rapist ect ect ect.Ruddock was a bum.And the fact that he did well against Tyson showed that Tyson was a bum.Both Lewis and Morrison stopped Ruddock alot quicker than Tyson did.Which tells you alot about this so called power Tyson had.
When did Tyson get hit with hard punches and walk right through them?Neither Holyfield Douglas Williams or Mcbride are really hard punchers and they all handed Tyson his ass.A prime Holyfield couldnt knock down or out a old Foreman which shows you how much tougher Foreman was than Tyson.
Tyson=Cowardly woman beating queer.That is it.

Imira
07-02-2005, 07:48 PM
I can guarantee that Ali, Quarry, Ramos and Bonavena hit harder than the guys who KOd Tyson and Frazier took their best punches and wasn't KOd and of all those fighters, only Bonavena could knock him down. Plus, don't forget, Foreman knocked Frazier down 6 times...Frazier got up 6 times. He wasn't even close to being counted out. Anyone who says that Frazier's chin isn't as good as Tyson's is just ignorant of Frazier's opponents or a "Tyson fan".

Razor Ruddock punched harder than George Foreman

:thinking: I'm trying to figure out if this is some kind of sick joke...

XionComrade
07-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Joe would stomp Tyson's rapist ass in a round or two, Tyson is WAY overrated, Seriously!

Joe's chin has to be one of the best in boxing history, Lewis' chin kinda sucked but it didn't really matter becuase you couldn't really get close to him...Prime Lewis would Pwn a Prime Tyson...PERIOD!

tommyhearns804
07-04-2005, 02:02 AM
I agree with your 100 percent XionComrade.Tysons fans love to say well if he was in his prime he wouldnt lose to anybody but Douglas was older than Tyson and beat Tyson in his prime.Holyfield is older than Tyson and owned him.Lewis is older than Tyson and toyed with him and then knocked him out.
Tyson is highly overrated.He never beat a world class fighter.Infact he never even fought a world class fighter when they were in their primes besides Michael Spinks who was a light heavyweight

Pugnacious_Z
07-04-2005, 07:47 AM
fuk youse are dumb, sayin dat sum1 had harder punches by lookin at who they beat and how quik. there cud be sum1 who has the hardest punch and has no boxing skills, hell get bashed, and no1 will know about his power. lewis doesnt have dat good of power and he knocked ruddock in 2 and tyson did it in 7th and points. doesnt mean lewis hits harder, just more skill and his skill was better compared to ruddock, styles make fights. and CHIN, just coz sum1 gets knocked, doesnt meean they have no chin, u cud get a boxer with the hardest chin in the world with low boxing skills and hell get knocked by a light hitter becoz of the amount of punches. u gota have skills. dats it

hellfire508
07-06-2005, 11:45 PM
The chin Frazier showed against Ali in all fights was second to none. Because he was slaughtered by Foreman people look down on him. He had a better chin than Tyson no doubt IMHO.

anwaryussuf81
07-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Tyson does not have a better chin than Frazier. Frazier took foremans best shots and still got up from all of the knockdowns. If Foreman hit Tyson he would of been out on the first knockdown. Just look at Tyson's history of getting knocked down in a fight. Douglas knocked him down and he never got up, Holyfield knocked him down and never got up, williamson knocked him down and never got up, mcbride knocked him down and then he quit in his corner.

stepmonster
07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
theres no way he did, that is crazy look how many times he got up form a knock down

tommyhearns804
08-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Watch and see people if Muchmoore checks out this post i bet he comes in and tell you that Tyson has the best chin in boxing history and how nobody had more heart than Tyson.You may think i am kidding but i swear when he was a memember of the Larry Holmes forum that is what he said.This fool couldnt grasp that Foreman has a better chin than Tyson.Foreman walked through a prime Holyfields punches and Tyson got knocked out by a washed up Holyfield.It is one thing to be a fan but when you get stupid like Muchmoore does somebody needs to cap your azz.I bet you after you see this idiot make a few post you will want him banned.He will never make any logical points.He will tell you Tyson has a better jab than Lewis Ali Holmes and Foreman combined,He will tell you that Tyson has a better right hand than Lewis,He will tell you that Douglas is one of the hardest punchers in boxing history just to say that is was ok for Tyson to be knocked out by him(Infact he did say Douglas hit harder than any of the fights Foreman or Ali fought and Douglas could beat Foreman and any other great from the 70)
So again i am warning you..dont respond to Muchmoore.Dont look at his post just try to ignore him.Maybe he will go away.

angelo_dundee
08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Earnie Shavers hit harder then anyone. Joe had a great chin,and whether its better then Mike, who knows, but his heart was bigger. That makes all the difference.

kapersky
08-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Watch and see people if Muchmoore checks out this post i bet he comes in and tell you that Tyson has the best chin in boxing history and how nobody had more heart than Tyson.You may think i am kidding but i swear when he was a memember of the Larry Holmes forum that is what he said.This fool couldnt grasp that Foreman has a better chin than Tyson.Foreman walked through a prime Holyfields punches and Tyson got knocked out by a washed up Holyfield.It is one thing to be a fan but when you get stupid like Muchmoore does somebody needs to cap your azz.I bet you after you see this idiot make a few post you will want him banned.He will never make any logical points.He will tell you Tyson has a better jab than Lewis Ali Holmes and Foreman combined,He will tell you that Tyson has a better right hand than Lewis,He will tell you that Douglas is one of the hardest punchers in boxing history just to say that is was ok for Tyson to be knocked out by him(Infact he did say Douglas hit harder than any of the fights Foreman or Ali fought and Douglas could beat Foreman and any other great from the 70)
So again i am warning you..dont respond to Muchmoore.Dont look at his post just try to ignore him.Maybe he will go away.

stupid ass, f*ck*ng newbie :mad:

angelo_dundee
08-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Tyson was great, but he's the "it man" for ppl who dont like boxing.

tommyhearns804
08-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Tyson was great at laying flat on his back but so is your mom angelo_dundee.You know who is great?Ali,Foreman,Frazier you know guys like that.Guys who fought other legends.Guys who never quit to fighters like Mcbride then have excuses made for them.

tommyhearns804
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Again to show you how stupid this retarded little child Muchmoore is.He made a post called who would win Tunney or Foreman and the idiot has Tunney knocking out Foreman.Which would be cool if Foreman had a class chin like Tyson.But Foreman has one of the best chins in boxing history.Tunney wasnt a heavyweight but a 180 pound fighter who beat a 190 pound fighter in Dempsey.Dempsey had a weak chin compared to Foreman(Dempsey was knocked out in one round by "Firemen" Jim Flynn) and Tunney couldnt even knock him out.But in Muchmoore's little world Tunney could knock out Foreman.But in Muchmoores world is its cool to praise a man like Mike Tyson for beating and raping women too though so you know the man has problems.

=Junior=
08-10-2005, 04:49 AM
Tyson does not have a better chin than Frazier. Frazier took foremans best shots and still got up from all of the knockdowns. If Foreman hit Tyson he would of been out on the first knockdown. Just look at Tyson's history of getting knocked down in a fight. Douglas knocked him down and he never got up, Holyfield knocked him down and never got up, williamson knocked him down and never got up, mcbride knocked him down and then he quit in his corner.
well said man

angelo_dundee
08-10-2005, 05:36 AM
Tyson was great at laying flat on his back but so is your mom angelo_dundee.You know who is great?Ali,Foreman,Frazier you know guys like that.Guys who fought other legends.Guys who never quit to fighters like Mcbride then have excuses made for them.

Pole smoker, I was saying that Mikey is not as great as made out to be by those who know little of Boxing. Sounds like you, eh?

Skydog
08-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Put Tyson in the ring for the last 2 rounds at Manilla at '75 and tell me if he wouldn't quit, hell he wouldnt even be standing.

Joe Frazier was taking a beating so bad he couldn't even see. But what happened: he stayed on his feet the entire time, and was going to go for another round, but his trainer stopped him.

It's as simple as that. Tyson could never stand up from those bombs Foreman was throwing at Frazier that night. But Frazier shot up everytime.

No way does Tyson's chin come close to comparing to the chin of Smokin' Joe.

Metallica
08-10-2005, 09:44 PM
SkyDog, if Tyson was in the Manilla fight he would be out in the 2nd round. He absolutely does nto have a better chin than Frzier. Frazier fought better people and WON. Tyson never beat anyone that was very good, like Frazier did. I dont think Tyson would have been champion in the Frazier era at all...

tommyhearns804
08-11-2005, 11:56 AM
lol angelo you and your mom smokes big poles lol i am making tyson out to be more than he is?haha i am the one who made this post because i know Frazier has a better chin than Tyson and everybody who responded knows so too.But anyway it is good to see so many intelligent boxing fans responded to my post.People like you make this the best boxing forum there is so keep up the good work :)

whatdahieu
08-12-2005, 01:22 AM
well i don't honestly think tyson had a bad chin i think he neglected heart... in his fights with douglas, holyfield,lewis,etc. he could've gotten up and beat the count but he just didn't cause he didn't want too. he was taking a beating and says to himself "hey i'm gettin messed up, if i jump up at like 9 or 10 then they won't say i'm a quitter" so he gets up a lil too late so anyone won't say its a no mas fight.. but unlike duran who was just frustrated tyson would lose his heart when he couldn't intimidate or felt it was too much... so like al bernstein said after frietas vs. corrales "if he felt he was taking too much punishment he should've just sat down" this is what tyson does to avoid being called a coward but now he is labeled a coward for the mcbride fight cause he wouldnt' come out.. but i guess you can say the same for the williams fight considering he was knocked down or let himself get knocked down by a punch to the glove... oh by the way tommyhearns you need to calm down a little jesus christ you got too much anger in you

tommyhearns804
08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Whatdahieu Angelo called me a pole smoker so i said something back to him.I have no anger problems just like you have no boxing knowledge.Tyson got to his feet after Douglas knocked him out and he was out of it.He wasnt clear headed and you know why?Because Dougals a average punching fighter knocked him out.Holyfield had Tyson out on his feet ,Lewis just knocked him out so bad he couldnt get up.If Tyson just quit because he couldnt knock is opponents out then he would of quit in other fights because you know he didnt knock every fighter he fought out.
Tyson only quit in the Mcbride fight.The 4 other times he lost was because he couldnt take his mans punch.If these people were world class punchers it would be no big deal but they werent.Well Lewis is but Holyfield was a good puncher when he was a cruiserweight.Douglas wasnt much of a puncher.Danny Williams and McBride had nice records but besides knocking out Tyson who else did they know out or even beat?
So you know what that means?Tyson had a poor chin.Not the worse in heavyweight history but far frome being the best.

RAESAAD
08-12-2005, 02:41 PM
well said man
Very good and don't forget Lennox knocked him out too.

RAESAAD
08-12-2005, 02:42 PM
oops ! Imeant this one!

XionComrade
08-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Lennox didn't just knock him out, he KNOCKED HIM THE **** OUT!!!
Lewis is the only man to ever KD Tyson with one punch, and the only one to KO him that way to...Lewis was just plain battering Tyson, it was really brutal, how many times was Tyson hurt visibly in that fight? Several....Bad chin, but I say the worst champs chin is Lennox's, but he more than compensates for it and even exploits it...

You think Holyfield had heart(Which he did, hes int he top 10 for sure for most heart!) just look at Joe, getting beat to death by Foreman and would rather be killed than take the loss...Ali had a above average punch and look at those fights, both Ali and Frazier had tones of heart, and both would hand Tyson his!

Incase you all get bored, heres a match up for you...
"RustedIron" Mike Tyson Vs. Sonny Liston...both prime I guess, and Liston hit extremely hard, Tyson can't take that...IMO

Oh and Both have little heart, the edge going to Liston I guess...still no heart on eather one...

tommyhearns804
08-12-2005, 09:43 PM
One thing people dont get about the Lewis fight and that is Lewis could of knocked Tyson out any time he wanted.He toyed with Tyson for making threats about eating kids he does not have.Frazier does have way more heart than Holyfield.As you said XionComrade Foreman beat the living crap out of Frazier he kept getting up.Few fighters would of kept getting up when they know they could not win.Frazier had a better chin than Tyson and more heart and Frazier fought the better people.

XionComrade
08-12-2005, 09:58 PM
To just say just "More Heart" is a insult Hearns, lol!

Yes I beleive if that was a streetfight with boxing rules, so the corner and ref cant stop it, that Joe would have very well been killed, or if ithad gone to round 6-15 he would have died from a hemorage. George has terrible power, the kind that words and comparisons can't begin to describe, the only way to even get a understanding of that power is to experience it first hand...Anyone want to go for it and tell us about it?

So if George was that strong, just immagine Shavers! Its a miracle that Tyson didn't kill anyone his career, even more so for George and Earnie...

Ya know Ive never heard Shavers talk, was he as personable as Frazier, Norton, and Foreman outside of the ring? I also heard that Foreman was a real oddball in his prime before the Ali fight, he would go through entire Press Conferences without saying a word, I think he did that in the Ali one to...and the fight also!

tommyhearns804
08-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Tysons power was just as hyped up as he was.Tyson never showed world class power.As i said before when you can knock out world class hall of famers with your power then you have true power.Tyson never showed that.Foreman did.Shavers did.

Skydog
08-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Did Tyson beat anyone worth mentioning? No. (I won't count Holmes seeing that it was nearly 10 years after his prime.)

Frazier was the first man to beat Muhammad Ali. Not only that, he knocked the **** out of him at the end of the match. The only 2 people Frazier lost to where Ali and Foreman; the Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time and a ****ing wrecking machine that could have dropped anyone in his prime.

Pugnacious_Z
10-01-2005, 08:23 AM
i been listenin to u ppl who have no boxing knowledge at all. holyfields didnt knock out tyson, it was TKO. wen douglas dropped tyson, tyson tried to get up but cudnt. he didnt get knocked by mcbride, he quit. wen he got knocked my williams and lewis, he cudve got up, u can tell, but he didnt want to coz he knew he wud loser bad. and youse keep sayin dat tyson got beat by ppl with normal punches, let me say dis again, if a person lands dat many clean punches, ur bound to get knocked. and hearns, lewis cudnt finish tyson anytime he wanted, did u even watch the fight? emanuel steward was screaming at lewis to beat tyson quik, lewis cudnt do it, and he even admited dat tyson had a very hard chin.

M26
10-01-2005, 11:14 AM
i been listenin to u ppl who have no boxing knowledge at all. holyfields didnt knock out tyson, it was TKO. wen douglas dropped tyson, tyson tried to get up but cudnt. he didnt get knocked by mcbride, he quit. wen he got knocked my williams and lewis, he cudve got up, u can tell, but he didnt want to coz he knew he wud loser bad. and youse keep sayin dat tyson got beat by ppl with normal punches, let me say dis again, if a person lands dat many clean punches, ur bound to get knocked. and hearns, lewis cudnt finish tyson anytime he wanted, did u even watch the fight? emanuel steward was screaming at lewis to beat tyson quik, lewis cudnt do it, and he even admited dat tyson had a very hard chin.

Yes, Mike Tyson definitely had a solid chin. The beating he took from Lewis and Douglas proved that beyond any doubt. It was Tysons heart that was lacking, not his chin.

Dempsey 1919
11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
tyson definetely does not have a stronger chin than frazier.