View Full Version : Cleto Reyes training gloves

Cuauhtémoc1520
06-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Reyes gloves fit my hands so good. I have wider hands and they seem to be tailor made for me.

I need new sparring gloves and I was looking to get the Cleto Reyes training gloves from Ringside, 18oz for sparring.

http://www.ringside.com/Cleto-Reyes-Training-Gloves/productinfo/RETR/

Do any of you guys have experience with these gloves because I have Reyes but they are the Mexican market ones and are about 10 years old and I need new ones.

If you don't like these, please recommend me a good pair of sparring gloves. (except winning, I'm not paying $400 for a pair of boxing gloves)

Thanks.

fdotorres
06-08-2010, 05:24 PM
IMF are pretty good for sparring. the EV pro training gloves are GREAT for sparring too. the protex are even better, i love them

lol there's no winning glove retailing for $400. only the custom made ones

Bullrush
06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Reyes gloves fit my hands so good. I have wider hands and they seem to be tailor made for me.

I need new sparring gloves and I was looking to get the Cleto Reyes training gloves from Ringside, 18oz for sparring.

http://www.ringside.com/Cleto-Reyes-Training-Gloves/productinfo/RETR/

Do any of you guys have experience with these gloves because I have Reyes but they are the Mexican market ones and are about 10 years old and I need new ones.

If you don't like these, please recommend me a good pair of sparring gloves. (except winning, I'm not paying $400 for a pair of boxing gloves)

Thanks.

havent tried those yet i only wear the mexican reyes. and if the reyes you got lasted 10 years or whatever you should invest again in the same gloves. get them from mexico theyre much cheaper there, and they are legit reyes not the "fake" US version. if you add in the shipping you might still pay less than what you would pay for the US version reyes gloves

after reyes id only consider grant maybe but thats about it

BirdsIView
06-09-2010, 01:12 AM
I suggest you get them from this guy on ebay, heres the link to the gloves:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLETO-REYES-TRAINING-PRO-BOXING-GLOVES-LACE-/280458307337?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Boxing_Gloves&hash=item414c9e2709#ht_500wt_947

I hear ringside's version is lower quality and this seller gets them straight from mexico. I got a pair myself and they're great.

GymRat
06-09-2010, 03:34 AM
The Ringside.com Cleto Reyes aren't legitimate Mexican gloves, but the "Americanized" version, which are lesser to an extent. I suggest you buy from MexicanFightGear@Gmail.com - He's a man known for getting quality Cleto Reyes gloves directly from Mexico. The real deal. He's pretty negotiable too, to a realistic degree. He's got his eBay listings and he can get pretty much anything you want if you email him and place a special order. Whatever you choose, good luck.

Cuauhtémoc1520
06-09-2010, 12:33 PM
The Ringside.com Cleto Reyes aren't legitimate Mexican gloves, but the "Americanized" version, which are lesser to an extent. I suggest you buy from MexicanFightGear@Gmail.com - He's a man known for getting quality Cleto Reyes gloves directly from Mexico. The real deal. He's pretty negotiable too, to a realistic degree. He's got his eBay listings and he can get pretty much anything you want if you email him and place a special order. Whatever you choose, good luck.

I just contacted him and he told me he had some in black. Thanks I will see how it works out.

jayrock
04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
BoundBoxing dot com has original Cleto Reyes gloves.

Body_Shot
04-16-2011, 06:51 PM
i paid £130 for my reyes gloves and dont even like them i would rather wear grant

CiganoBoxer
04-18-2011, 01:52 PM
i paid £130 for my reyes gloves and dont even like them i would rather wear grant
i agreed mate the grants seem a better glove ...the reyes gloves in the uk are just to hard to spar with ,I bought some and sent them back...a mate of mine has some 16oz grants and they feel so nice on ...awesome glove if you can get them that is :grumble:

DJ QUIK JR.
04-19-2011, 07:26 AM
ive heard everyone say how comfotable and great reyes are but everyone whos said that said dont waste your money buy pr t mex for like 100 dollars cheaper its the exact same glove but cheaper :lol: thats exactly what im gonna do

nicknj
04-19-2011, 11:12 PM
pro mex are absolute trash....go to ratethisgear's you tube page...he gives a horrible review of pro mex...its not worth skimping on the money....get regular titles or ringside if you can afford reyes but do not get pro mex its garbage