View Full Version : flavored water?

roXy graziano
12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
hey I have a question I've been wondering. I'm a big fan of flavored water, not to rehydrate or anything, but just for somethin to take along when I'm at work or if I get a sweet tooth because it's got a strawberry pop kind of taste

you know what I'm talkin about? I get it at dollar general and there's no calories or fat or anythin, just water that has somethin in it to make it taste frizzy like pop with a strawberry taste

anyway are these bad to drink? Is there some ingredient that's in it that is bad?

Someone fill me in because I like drinkin these things and as far as I knew they weren't bad for me.

boxer2k5
12-06-2004, 09:06 PM
read the nutrition facts

as long as it doesnt have too much sugar you should be fine

boxer2k5
12-06-2004, 09:07 PM
like spinks said the best thing to get is crystal light
its good
and its has nothing in it

jsut cost alot

i drink diet pepsi whenever i dont want water

Atwa_66
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
hey I have a question I've been wondering. I'm a big fan of flavored water, not to rehydrate or anything, but just for somethin to take along when I'm at work or if I get a sweet tooth because it's got a strawberry pop kind of taste

you know what I'm talkin about? I get it at dollar general and there's no calories or fat or anythin, just water that has somethin in it to make it taste frizzy like pop with a strawberry taste

anyway are these bad to drink? Is there some ingredient that's in it that is bad?

Someone fill me in because I like drinkin these things and as far as I knew they weren't bad for me.
I don't think they are too bad for you, I love them too :)

Raekwon
12-06-2004, 09:14 PM
read the nutrition facts

as long as it doesnt have too much sugar you should be fine

most of them are spring water with carbon dioxide put into it (carbonated spring water i guess), ususally containing sweetner or sugar and flavorings, depending on which brand etc, as boxer2k5 says check the nutrition on the bottle, they are low fat and u can get sugar free ones too

blockburna944
12-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Pure water is probably the best way to go for replinishing your system the quickest (nothing to filter out first), but that doesn't sound that bad for you. It definitely beats soda, but if it is carbonated, you will feel filled up before you actually are.

Hunna
12-10-2004, 12:05 PM
gatorade isn't too bad for ya. Too much can be bad for your teeth. Also, carry around some water, water is essential.

suetombo
12-16-2004, 07:38 PM
i just drink chilled bottled filtered water from home...no sugar, metals, impurities etc nothing beats it

Benny Pistol
06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
if your into gatorade and powerade and the like heres some advice

to much of it could be bad. it replaces fluids and what not that youve lost.
so if you havent lost any then your just gettin more so yer.

j.razor
06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
jus make sure it doesn't have any fluoride in it...it causes cancer...plus...do the research!

ExecutiveOutlaw
06-30-2008, 02:39 PM
lol @ flouride causing cancer

very low amounts of flouride like that in tap water is good for your teeth and wont give you cancer

to answer the question flavored water usually uses a sugar substitue which is low in calories. it should be harmless unless we one day discover something harmful about the sweeteners

James78
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
don't know if you guys have it US but in Uk they do Volvic Touch of Fruit, they pretty good. What the **** is Jean Claude doin in that sig, so so gay

fraidycat
06-30-2008, 06:14 PM
One thing I do like is to take a drop of peppermint oil and put it in a liter of water. It seems to soothe my stomach when I work out (lactic acid buildup makes me :puke: ) It also makes cold water taste ice-cold without the brain-freeze. You can get peppermint oil at any health-food store.

If flavored water has no ingredients other than the flavoring -- no sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or artificial sweeteners -- then you're good to go. Drink as much as you want, IMO.