View Full Version : sex myth

Spartan Chino
05-26-2010, 10:39 PM
is it true that sex is bad for the legs because i tried out this theory today at sparring and my legs felt really heavy and weak what do you guys think?

TheNegation
05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
It's never affected me. In fact the release of endorphins actually relieves a lot of stress and tension.

jonesy
05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
LOL - Thats what i think.

F l i c k e r
05-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Mike Tyson-Buster Douglas

enough said...

Spartan Chino
05-27-2010, 01:50 AM
u guys ever did it before sparring or a fight?

bernardotelo
05-27-2010, 06:59 AM

enough said...

WORD.:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

Manawatu Moss
05-27-2010, 12:07 PM
It probably affects different people differently. Never hurt me, although I will say that sex after winning a fight is awesome, and that I wouldn't want to risk missing out on that by having sex the night before if it decreased my chances of winning the fight.

So I guess you shouldn't violate the instant gratification principle, or you will pay!! ;)

TriGaFinGa
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
it's no myth, it's different for alot of people
i for one would prefer abstaining from sex before a fight, i just feel stronger/better

it's all mental

Spartan Chino
05-27-2010, 01:13 PM
thanx guys that really helped out

Banderivets
05-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Physically it helps to have sex a night before a fight.

Psychologically I guess it differs from person to person.

If you have sex you are more relaxed, you have one thing your always after out of your away.

But at the same time if you didnt have any, you might be more edgy and angry that might help you in a fight.

#1Assassin
06-03-2010, 11:07 AM
like alot of ppl said already it differs from person to person. if u have a tendency to get tense in the ring sex the night before a fight could be a good idea. if u dont have that problem going without sex will increase your testosterone levels which will make u more aggressive.

mentally its the same thing, some ppl feel more level headed after a good unloading while others feel more motivated having sacrificed sex to get the win.

its good not to have sex during the roughest weeks of training though, u will get more energy and need less sleep in addition to ofcourse being able to focus much more on training. when i decide im not gonna have sex and get women temporarily out of my head its like unlocking 3/4 of my brain capacity. i tend to get more things done in and out of the gym lol.

Talon
06-11-2010, 02:49 AM
its not a myth ive done a lot of research and experiments

Thread Stealer
06-11-2010, 04:20 AM
I was actually talking about this to my trainer today, I asked if he abstained during his career. He said he didn't think it's a case of "weakening legs", but a case where you want to be mentally ready for a fight and meaner and you take out all your frustrations on the opponent.

Muhammad Ali screwed a ton of women before he fought Joe Bugner, but then again Ali was uber-talented.

oaklandstephen
06-11-2010, 05:46 AM
its fine as long as its not the day of.

supRa
06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
i precummed yestuday lol and i fight 2marrow ill let u guys know later :lol1:

i do 2 weeks period with out it....didnt really nut but still... it worries my ass hahaa

ralph22
06-11-2010, 08:40 PM

enough said...

Julio cesar chavez from 1993 and on started going out with some fine ass mexican artists and models like salma hayek and carmen campusano fine *****es and you could tell by 1993 chavez's legs and foot movment that he had from 1984-1990 were GONE.

ProblemChild211
06-13-2010, 09:16 PM

enough said...

on the contrary Mike Tyson vs. Trevor Berbick

the buster fight was a result of Tyson barely training. His sparring partner even dropped him. IMO tyson shoulda won that fight anyway with that long ass count, in addition to that, buster was up at 10. Usually if the guy aint up by 8 fight is over. In this fight tyson was up at 8/9, but this is for a different thread...

-Huey-
06-13-2010, 09:31 PM
I sparred a couple of hours after having sex, and let me tell you...it was horrible! I had no stamina my legs were weak and I felt like quitting in the middle of the 3rd round, good thing the guy I was sparring was a buddy of mine who knew what was going on.

I really don't know about fighting a day after you've had sex, I wouldn't do it because of that experience I had.

supRa
06-14-2010, 02:37 AM
faught saturday and whooped ass.... my legs were alright... did 3 rounds 2 min... all good