View Full Version : Best Comeback In History.

Mr. Violence
12-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Theres been a few dramatic comebacks in boxing history. In my humble opinion Ali's comeback is probably the most dramatic. Your thoughts, list some of your best comebacks in boxing history.

Muhammad Ali beats Foreman for Heavyweight Championship of the World- this was after the title was wrongfully stripped from Ali seven years earlier. In 1967 he wasnt allowed to fight for 3 years. So when he came back in 1970 or 71 he had to get the title back from Frazier-he lost-after that he had to fight his way back up to contension losing for a second time to Norton and winning some on the way up. So finally in 1974 a 32 year old Ali finally gets a shot at the title against an undefeated young wrecking machine that was 42-0 by the name of George Foreman. The ring had not seen such a fearsome villian as Foreman since Liston and many gave Ali little chance to win he was a huge underdog going into the fight. This is the famous fight where Ali rope a doped Foreman till Foreman was tired and knocking him out in round 8.

here are a few others that I have seen in my life that are very dramatic also.

-Foreman wins heavyweight title at the age of 45 and becomes oldest man to ever win heavywieght title after being retired for ten years. Foreman changed during his ten year retirement from boxing, from being a villian when he was young to the big lovable giant we know him as now.

-Duran beats Iran Barkley for the Super Middleweight title after many wrote Duran off into has been status.

-Sugar Ray coming back to win the Middleweight Title against Hagler after retirement from damaged retina

I'm sure theres more so fill me in.....

Yogi
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
How about the greatest bantamweight of all-time, Eder Jofre, at the age of 37 (which is ancient for a fighter of that size), coming back after a three year layoff and winning the featherweight championship from Jose Legra...and then going undefeated for the rest of his boxing career?

There's others, but that's the first one that came to mind besides the ones you've mentioned.

P.S. Good post, Johnny! :)

Mr. Violence
12-06-2004, 02:58 PM
How about the greatest bantamweight of all-time, Eder Jofre, at the age of 37 (which is ancient for a fighter of that size), coming back after a three year layoff and winning the featherweight championship from Jose Legra...and then going undefeated for the rest of his boxing career?

There's others, but that's the first one that came to mind besides the ones you've mentioned.

thanks, you are right that is amazing that a 37 year old bantamweight can do that. considering that boxing is a young mans sport the lighter in weight you go.

cple
12-06-2004, 03:08 PM

I concur whole heartedly. Eder Jofre's comeback at the age of 37 is probably the most impressive; and to do so against a fighter like Legra, then defend it against Vicente Saldivar is simply mind boggling. Jofre was truly a special fighter.

Mr. Violence
12-06-2004, 03:13 PM
I concur whole heartedly. Eder Jofre's comeback at the age of 37 is probably the most impressive; and to do so against a fighter like Legra, then defend it against Vicente Saldivar is simply mind boggling. Jofre was truly a special fighter.

in what decade did this happen?

cple
12-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Jofre first retired after losing to fellow hall of famer, Fighting Harada, in 1966. He cameback three years later and won the featherweight title in 1973.

So, not only did he win a title at 37, he won it in a division above his best weightclass (featherweight).

Farmboxer
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Foreman gets my nod. Look at how many other heavyweights have tried to do what Foreman has done at his age and fail miserably.

Mr. Violence
12-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Foreman gets my nod. Look at how many other heavyweights have tried to do what Foreman has done at his age and fail miserably.

I saw that one live....it was incredible.

Great
12-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Foreman. No doubt.

Colonel Jones
12-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Yes Forman ranks right up towards the top.
Also i'll give props to Evander Holyfield, after the Doctors diagnosed him with heart problems, he was written off by most experts. Ring magazine had predicted that the Tyson-Holyfield fight would be "fast and explosive-Tyson in One'. As we all know Holyfield dominated. And had a decent defense against Michael Moorer afterwards as well as superfights with Lewis.
Also Roberto Duran, thought to be shot, an underdog against the younger Davey Moore,(davey Moore had actually left During one of Durans fights (i believe it was on the Arguello Pryor undercard) because he looked so bad and the crowd was booing him. Few fights later Duran had battered Davey into a gruesome 8th round knockout. Sports Illustrated Headlines read: "Duran, One Mas Time, He that was lost has been found"

Mr. Violence
12-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Yes Forman ranks right up towards the top.
Also i'll give props to Evander Holyfield, after the Doctors diagnosed him with heart problems, he was written off by most experts. Ring magazine had predicted that the Tyson-Holyfield fight would be "fast and explosive-Tyson in One'. As we all know Holyfield dominated. And had a decent defense against Michael Moorer afterwards as well as superfights with Lewis.
Also Roberto Duran, thought to be shot, an underdog against the younger Davey Moore,(davey Moore had actually left During one of Durans fights (i believe it was on the Arguello Pryor undercard) because he looked so bad and the crowd was booing him. Few fights later Duran had battered Davey into a gruesome 8th round knockout. Sports Illustrated Headlines read: "Duran, One Mas Time, He that was lost has been found"

oh yeah I forgot about those. especially the holyfield one. i remember everyone thought holyfield was dead meat because he looked terrible one fight before against bobby chez(sp?). but he surprised everyone.

roXy graziano
12-06-2004, 11:22 PM
I'd like to say SRLeonard (he's one of my favorite fighters) but I've gotta give it to Foreman hands down.

Nick1998
12-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Dont forget about Willie Pep. He broke his back in an airplane accident and doctors said he would never walk again. He would not only win the title again but end up as one of the best feathers ever.

Mr. Violence
12-07-2004, 04:49 AM
Dont forget about Willie Pep. He broke his back in an airplane accident and doctors said he would never walk again. He would not only win the title again but end up as one of the best feathers ever.

yeah that is pretty impressive.

Yogi
12-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Here's another one that I'm suprised hasn't been mentioned yet, as it's probably the most 'accomplished' comeback in boxing history...Sugar Ray Robinson, first retired after losing to Joey Maxim in an attempt to win the light heavyweight championship, and then came back two and a half years later to win the middleweight championship another three times.

realtim
12-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Holyfield was a good one.
Roberto Duran
SRL
Ali after 3 year exile.
Foremans tops the lot for me.

foremanfan
12-07-2004, 10:58 AM
George Foreman. He didn't give up after Holyfield and he didn't retire after the painful fight against Stewart.I haven't seen a fighter in recent years that would continue in such a bruised up state let alone a fighter 16 years or more past his prime. Many years ago after having just beat Ron Lyle Foreman said something like ' I'll never give up i'll never stop trying till the day that I die, in my next fight I'm going to have heart of a lion written on my shorts ', he should have heart of a lion written on his shorts because no fighter has stuck to their word so well. George is the man.

roXy graziano
12-07-2004, 12:46 PM
They did a beyond the Glory about George and apparently he named all his kids George or Georgetta :D I thought that was funny as hell

I love George too he's a really inspiring guy, he shows you can really go against the odds

Mr. Violence
12-07-2004, 01:43 PM
George Foreman. He didn't give up after Holyfield and he didn't retire after the painful fight against Stewart.I haven't seen a fighter in recent years that would continue in such a bruised up state let alone a fighter 16 years or more past his prime. Many years ago after having just beat Ron Lyle Foreman said something like ' I'll never give up i'll never stop trying till the day that I die, in my next fight I'm going to have heart of a lion written on my shorts ', he should have heart of a lion written on his shorts because no fighter has stuck to their word so well. George is the man.

In my humble opinion the foreman comeback comes very very close to the ali comeback. in some ways it beats the ali comeback. one thing where it beats it for me is because i followed foreman second carreer and everyone laughed at him thought he was a crazy old man.then to see it LIVE him ko-ing moorer was incredible. one of the biggest sports moments of all time.

foremanfan
12-07-2004, 02:52 PM
What impresses me most about George is his will to win that he demonstrated in his comeback. In the Holyfield fight he took a lot of clean shots the 3,7 and 9 rounds specifically but he kept on coming and kept on trying. At that point in time I considered Holyfield to be at his heavyweight peak yet the 42 year old guy was able to rumble for the full 12. That's something that the younger Tyson was unable to do against the Holyfield that had looked awful against Moorer and pretty bad before being ko'd by Bowe. As far as I'm concerned Holy was on the slide by the time he fought Tyson yet he still had more than enough to force a stoppage. Foreman all though I thought earned the points against Stewart via his second round knockdowns took such a lot of clean punches and was horribly marked up and swollen yet rallied so well in the eighth round. His face was dented but his will to win was still as strong as ever. For those people that have seen the HBO showing of the Moorer bout and not the BBC showing you can really hear Moorer's shots thudding into George and Moorer was a big puncher for sure but George inspite of his physical limitations in terms of speed and reactions continued plodding forwards round after round just looking for that straight right that would put Moorer down. At no point does he look like he want's to stop and at no point does he look like he justs wants to survive the twelve rounds. This is something of a fantasy but imagine how the 42 year old Foreman would have dealt with the 40 year old Holyfield or the 38 year old Tyson.

Mr. Violence
12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
What impresses me most about George is his will to win that he demonstrated in his comeback. In the Holyfield fight he took a lot of clean shots the 3,7 and 9 rounds specifically but he kept on coming and kept on trying. At that point in time I considered Holyfield to be at his heavyweight peak yet the 42 year old guy was able to rumble for the full 12. That's something that the younger Tyson was unable to do against the Holyfield that had looked awful against Moorer and pretty bad before being ko'd by Bowe. As far as I'm concerned Holy was on the slide by the time he fought Tyson yet he still had more than enough to force a stoppage. Foreman all though I thought earned the points against Stewart via his second round knockdowns took such a lot of clean punches and was horribly marked up and swollen yet rallied so well in the eighth round. His face was dented but his will to win was still as strong as ever. For those people that have seen the HBO showing of the Moorer bout and not the BBC showing you can really hear Moorer's shots thudding into George and Moorer was a big puncher for sure but George inspite of his physical limitations in terms of speed and reactions continued plodding forwards round after round just looking for that straight right that would put Moorer down. At no point does he look like he want's to stop and at no point does he look like he justs wants to survive the twelve rounds. This is something of a fantasy but imagine how the 42 year old Foreman would have dealt with the 40 year old Holyfield or the 38 year old Tyson.

A 42 year old foreman would destroy both a 40 year old holy and a 38 year old Tyson. Hell i even thought Foreman could have beaten Tyson when foreman came back in his second carreer, and was very bummed out that Tyson and Foreman never fought. Foreman had a rough time with fighters who he had to run after, Tyson would be running to him so it would have been easier. I pictured Tyson running right into one of Foremans crushing uppercuts. Foreman was calling out Tyson back in 91 or 92, I truly believe Foreman would have beat him back then if they fought.

foremanfan
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
A 42 year old foreman would destroy both a 40 year old holy and a 38 year old Tyson. Hell i even thought Foreman could have beaten Tyson when foreman came back in his second carreer, and was very bummed out that Tyson and Foreman never fought. Foreman had a rough time with fighters who he had to run after, Tyson would be running to him so it would have been easier. I pictured Tyson running right into one of Foremans crushing uppercuts. Foreman was calling out Tyson back in 91 or 92, I truly believe Foreman would have beat him back then if they fought.
I pretty much agree with that I'm forever arguing on ************* who avoided who because it seemed to me that Foreman worked pretty hard to get Tyson to fight him. At the end of a Foreman fight you could be sure to hear him talking up a Tyson fight but I never once heard Mike mention George until this year when he said I couldn't fight george Foreman I love the guy. I emailed Foreman to see if he would clear the matter up and assuming that it was him that replied as he says he will personally on his website he said that he had tried very hard to make the fight happen when Tyson was champion.

Mr. Violence
12-07-2004, 03:33 PM
I pretty much agree with that I'm forever arguing on ************* who avoided who because it seemed to me that Foreman worked pretty hard to get Tyson to fight him. At the end of a Foreman fight you could be sure to hear him talking up a Tyson fight but I never once heard Mike mention George until this year when he said I couldn't fight george Foreman I love the guy. I emailed Foreman to see if he would clear the matter up and assuming that it was him that replied as he says he will personally on his website he said that he had tried very hard to make the fight happen when Tyson was champion.

Since day one of his second career back in '88 Foreman was calling out Tyson. After Foreman would finish beating on an opponent in the ring- right into the cameras he would be saying "I want Mike Tyson" it was funny as hell. I watched his second career including the fights on USA network and Espn fight night. I remember one fight against a guy by the name of Bob Jamison I beleive, when Foreman landed his patented uppercut on this guy, this guy just stalled in his tracks staring off into oblivion for like 5 seconds it was the weirdest thing, he's lucky forman didnt hit him again. One of those uppercuts would have done the same to Tyson and Foreman would have hit HIM again like he did Cooney. Tyson says now that he couldnt fight foreman cause he loved him too much, but I truly believe that tyson was scared of Foreman. Tyson is a boxing historian and he understood that the 70's heavyweights were a different breed and they do not play.

foremanfan
12-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Since day one of his second career back in '88 Foreman was calling out Tyson. After Foreman would finish beating on an opponent in the ring- right into the cameras he would be saying "I want Mike Tyson" it was funny as hell. I watched his second career including the fights on USA network and Espn fight night. I remember one fight against a guy by the name of Bob Jamison I beleive, when Foreman landed his patented uppercut on this guy, this guy just stalled in his tracks staring off into oblivion for like 5 seconds it was the weirdest thing, he's lucky forman didnt hit him again. One of those uppercuts would have done the same to Tyson and Foreman would have hit HIM again like he did Cooney. Tyson says now that he couldnt fight foreman cause he loved him too much, but I truly believe that tyson was scared of Foreman. Tyson is a boxing historian and he understood that the 70's heavyweights were a different breed and they do not play.
I think the guy your thinking of is Mike Jameson. I know Foreman belts with the uppercut and Jamesons mouth piece comes flying out. I quite liked the way George dropped Coetzer for the first time. It's so casual yet devastating.

Mr. Violence
12-07-2004, 04:21 PM
I think the guy your thinking of is Mike Jameson. I know Foreman belts with the uppercut and Jamesons mouth piece comes flying out. I quite liked the way George dropped Coetzer for the first time. It's so casual yet devastating.

Yeah thats the one, Mike Jameson...LOL. Foreman uppercut him then his mouthpiece went flying and Jamison was stalled in his tracks somewhere in Never Never Land. The funny thing is Foreman would just hit these guys and it would look casual like he wasnt putting his full force into it. But in slow motion you can see the pure power he had in those hands by the way his punches distorted their face. That's why Foreman has the highest KO ratio in Heavyweight History. His punching power is a freak of nature. Michael Moorer had to get stitches on the inside of his mouth to repair the damage after taking that Foreman shot. In slow motion you can see the pure velocity of that Foreman punch on Moorers chin. There was no way in hell he was getting up.

foremanfan
12-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah thats the one, Mike Jameson...LOL. Foreman uppercut him then his mouthpiece went flying and Jamison was stalled in his tracks somewhere in Never Never Land. The funny thing is Foreman would just hit these guys and it would look casual like he wasnt putting his full force into it. But in slow motion you can see the pure power he had in those hands by the way his punches distorted their face. That's why Foreman has the highest KO ratio in Heavyweight History. His punching power is a freak of nature. Michael Moorer had to get stitches on the inside of his mouth to repair the damage after taking that Foreman shot. In slow motion you can see the pure velocity of that Foreman punch on Moorers chin. There was no way in hell he was getting up.
Foreman said before the fight in reference to the fact that Moorer has been down but keeps getting up to win that he wont get up when I hit him on the chops. Before round ten starts Angelo says to George ' Your behind baby, you gotta put this guy down ' George looks back and nods and just says ' Alright Alright ' you can see instantly that George is putting more into the shots and is picking up the pace. Personally I don't see the ko as lucky as George had been looking fior that straight right all night and had been getting it there at times without to much on it. I agree to some extent that he tricked Moorer in as much as Moorer felt as though he had tasted all of George's power. Fact is if anyman get's all of George's power connect on their chin it's curtains.

Mr. Violence
12-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Foreman said before the fight in reference to the fact that Moorer has been down but keeps getting up to win that he wont get up when I hit him on the chops. Before round ten starts Angelo says to George ' Your behind baby, you gotta put this guy down ' George looks back and nods and just says ' Alright Alright ' you can see instantly that George is putting more into the shots and is picking up the pace. Personally I don't see the ko as lucky as George had been looking fior that straight right all night and had been getting it there at times without to much on it. I agree to some extent that he tricked Moorer in as much as Moorer felt as though he had tasted all of George's power. Fact is if anyman get's all of George's power connect on their chin it's curtains.

Oh yeah, I didnt see that win as a lucky punch. Before that fight Lampley said about Moorer to Foreman " this guy was moving on Holyfield all night, what makes you think youre gonna catch him". Foreman responded that later in the fight Moorer would no longer be moving and thats when he would catch him. Big George knew what he was doing, he was setting up Moorer for the big bomb and knew sooner or later he would catch him with it.

foremanfan
12-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Oh yeah, I didnt see that win as a lucky punch. Before that fight Lampley said about Moorer to Foreman " this guy was moving on Holyfield all night, what makes you think youre gonna catch him". Foreman responded that later in the fight Moorer would no longer be moving and thats when he would catch him. Big George knew what he was doing, he was setting up Moorer for the big bomb and knew sooner or later he would catch him with it.
That's very true. Thing is if you listen to Foreman you know that in his second time around he viewed fighting as something like chopping down a big oak you dont have to go wild with the axe in the first nine minutes ( as he used to in his first career )just keep chopping at a easy pace and it will fall.

Mr. Violence
12-08-2004, 03:31 AM
That's very true. Thing is if you listen to Foreman you know that in his second time around he viewed fighting as something like chopping down a big oak you dont have to go wild with the axe in the first nine minutes ( as he used to in his first career )just keep chopping at a easy pace and it will fall.

yes, the second time around he was a more patient cerebral fighter. both his carreers were great. i actually think the loss to ali was good for him, because it set him on the right path and helped make him the man he is today. the young foreman was a brooding angry young man almost like tyson but not deranged like tyson but definitely just as surly.

Hunna
12-08-2004, 04:30 AM
Watch the Holyf v. Bowe fight, that was a ripper.

Yarmez
12-08-2004, 05:32 AM
Foreman's comeback is way up there, what a beauty, moorer didn't know what hit him when foreman landed that straight one 2 on him.

but all the **** ali had gone through in his career, it's hard to go past him, arguably his best years were the three he missed out on

Mr. Violence
12-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Foreman's comeback is way up there, what a beauty, moorer didn't know what hit him when foreman landed that straight one 2 on him.

but all the **** ali had gone through in his career, it's hard to go past him, arguably his best years were the three he missed out on

Yes Ali went through hell and back and had the title wrongfully stripped from him. Not only that, he wasnt allowed to fight and was facing a possible prison sentence.

Mr. Violence
12-10-2004, 02:44 AM
when ali came back you can clearly see that he lost some foot speed

cms
12-11-2004, 01:56 PM
i liked ali's comeback and george foremans the best

Mr. Violence
12-11-2004, 02:09 PM
i liked ali's comeback and george foremans the best

me too man, those are my top ones

sssse
12-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Foreman!!!

joho
01-30-2005, 01:13 PM
foreman returning when he was old

jayrichardse
01-30-2005, 07:37 PM
yea i wish

lmnorw
03-08-2005, 10:00 PM
foreman wasnt 42 and 0 when he fought ali he was only 40 and 0..and i would say foreman coming back to ko'moorer and when the title was something special.and if you are just talking about a guy who was loosing a fight came back to win it would have to be foreman again..have you ever watched the ron lyle foreman fight?the first time i saw it i thought foreman was going to get ko'd he was being rocked and stagged around the ring and then out of no where he landed a jab right hand and pretty much turned the fight around and ko'd lyle

kapersky
03-10-2005, 02:09 AM
foreman or ali, but considering foreman when he was old, i have to say foreman :cool:

chazz2
03-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I will have o say the best come back in history is going to be Trindad! Although he only lost one fight, but he also came back off retirement. Soon we shall see!

hodgepodge
03-24-2005, 08:39 PM
foreman comeback has been the best so far... all trinadad did was take a long lay-off i do not think what he did was retirement

chase
03-30-2005, 12:11 PM
roberto duran v davey moore and the blade, that man at the age of 50 could of given the world champs then a run for there money, he was mr come back....
greatest fighter who ever put a glove on :)

J !
03-31-2005, 06:58 AM
ok differnet angle best comeback in fight for me ....

carl thompson vs Seb rothman.
carl thompson v david haye.

in both fights the cat was getitng a shoeing then blammo...the equalizer arrives and despatches his foe to the canvass.

the rothmann fight in particular, that was lights out baby....

guardian
03-31-2005, 07:12 AM
foreman comeback has been the best so far... all trinadad did was take a long lay-off i do not think what he did was retirement
I agree to that

BReal72
04-30-2005, 08:14 AM
Although Evander Holyfield never retired from boxing,his victory over Tyson was an excellent comeback considering that everyone feared for his safety against who was supposed to be a reborn prime Tyson at the time.

kapersky
04-30-2005, 08:59 AM
foreman,holyfield and ali.
i dont think foreman could beat tyson back then

Dempsey 1919
04-04-2006, 03:16 PM
either ali or foreman. holyfield deserves a mention as well.

RockyMarcianofan00
04-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Foreman had probably the best comeback in history cause he was laid off for 10 years and came back to win the heavyweight belt (or one of them cause there was three at the time)

Ali had the most impressive though because even though he was off for three years his stamina had gone alittle and he was more flatfooted so it was like he started over and he came back to beat some heavyweights that are some of the best ever
- i feel though that this was a blessing in a sense becasue changing his style probably helped him beat hw like Foreman

- bet then again we don't know how good ali would have been in his skills prime and his physical prime
:(

K-DOGG
04-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Theres been a few dramatic comebacks in boxing history. In my humble opinion Ali's comeback is probably the most dramatic. Your thoughts, list some of your best comebacks in boxing history.

Muhammad Ali beats Foreman for Heavyweight Championship of the World- this was after the title was wrongfully stripped from Ali seven years earlier. In 1967 he wasnt allowed to fight for 3 years. So when he came back in 1970 or 71 he had to get the title back from Frazier-he lost-after that he had to fight his way back up to contension losing for a second time to Norton and winning some on the way up. So finally in 1974 a 32 year old Ali finally gets a shot at the title against an undefeated young wrecking machine that was 42-0 by the name of George Foreman. The ring had not seen such a fearsome villian as Foreman since Liston and many gave Ali little chance to win he was a huge underdog going into the fight. This is the famous fight where Ali rope a doped Foreman till Foreman was tired and knocking him out in round 8.

here are a few others that I have seen in my life that are very dramatic also.

-Foreman wins heavyweight title at the age of 45 and becomes oldest man to ever win heavywieght title after being retired for ten years. Foreman changed during his ten year retirement from boxing, from being a villian when he was young to the big lovable giant we know him as now.

-Duran beats Iran Barkley for the Super Middleweight title after many wrote Duran off into has been status.

-Sugar Ray coming back to win the Middleweight Title against Hagler after retirement from damaged retina

I'm sure theres more so fill me in.....

Completely agree with your list with the exception of Duran over Barkley being placed above Leonard-Hagler. Leonard was off 3 years and Hagler was the best 160Lber in the division at the time and Ray took him on without one tune-up. That, to me, makes for a greater comeback...though Duran over Barkely is one of my favorite moments.

Also, Eder Jofre's comeback is worthy of note.

K.E. Lee
05-12-2006, 11:24 AM
I think you have to approach this from two viewpoints. The first being a comeback based on a boxers career. In this case I would have to agree that Big George is at the top of the list.
The other aspect that has to be looked as is the comeback during a fight. That would have to go to Chico Corrales.

Brockton Lip
05-12-2006, 01:37 PM
James Braddock also had a good comeback.

Dempsey 1919
05-12-2006, 01:45 PM
like is said it's either ali or foreman. but it's hard to choose one over the other.

JDizzle79
05-12-2006, 01:47 PM
like is said it's either ali or foreman. but it's hard to choose one over the other.

other than bxing, I would say the Suns coming back from 3 games to 1 versus the Lakers, 2006, eh Butterfly1964

Dempsey 1919
05-12-2006, 01:50 PM
other than bxing, I would say the Suns coming back from 3 games to 1 versus the Lakers, 2006, eh Butterfly1964

shut up. :mad:

JDizzle79
05-12-2006, 01:51 PM
shut up. :mad:

BWHAHAHAHA...JDizzle strikes once again...sooooo easy

RockyMarcianofan00
05-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Foreman had a good comeback
but Ali also had a good comeback

exiled for three years and comes back to beat everyone except Joe Frazier the first time and Norton the second (I'm not counting Spinks,holmes,and Berbick because he was already on a decline) but thats not to bad as far as comebacks go

K-DOGG
05-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Foreman winning the world title for the second time after being out of the game for 10 Years, coming back at 38, winning the belt 20 years after he lost it at age 45. I got to go with George.

Ali's comeback would be next, followed by Leonard's performance against Hagler, and then Eder Jofre.

Hell, Jofre might deserve to be second, actually. I forgot how old he was....Thanks Yogi.

K-DOGG
05-16-2006, 06:09 PM
James Braddock also had a good comeback.

Oo, good one.

Heckler
05-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Ali coming back after being **** on by the govt, aged, declining and taking out Foreman. But George has to take the cake on this one, a decade of inactivity and he wins the championship... amazing. Jofre aswell, didn't realise how impressive his comeback was until Yogi pointed it out. Did a bit of research and i now concur completely.

Piggu
05-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Yeah but Davey Moore had only had 12 fights so that wasn't very impressive.

Abe Attell
05-20-2006, 03:43 AM
In my humble opinion the foreman comeback comes very very close to the ali comeback. in some ways it beats the ali comeback. one thing where it beats it for me is because i followed foreman second carreer and everyone laughed at him thought he was a crazy old man.then to see it LIVE him ko-ing moorer was incredible. one of the biggest sports moments of all time.

not sure if anybody added to the story of George, but If I am not mistaken, he was coming back because he spent a lot of money on his youth center, which helped young kids out, that says something.