View Full Version : Highlights of Amir Kahn's last Fight

n14061981
12-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Here are the highlights of Amir Kahn's last fight VS Michael Evans.

mms://wm.bbc.net.uk/news/media/sport_web/video/40598000/bb/40598993_bb_16x9.wmv

Best to download it with a program like nettransport.

Cletus Funk
12-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Thanks for that mate. I'd almost forgotten just how quick he is. That poor fella got well & truly schooled....by a boy!!

barryboy
12-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah apparently Evans who is 29 years old was saying beforehand "How can a 17yr old kid hurt me or put me down" :D
Khan is just so quick that it's hard to get out of the way of the punches.

Cletus Funk
12-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Yeah apparently Evans who is 29 years old was saying beforehand "How can a 17yr old kid hurt me or put me down" :D
Khan is just so quick that it's hard to get out of the way of the punches.

Yeah, can't wait 'til he turns pro.

n14061981
12-05-2004, 10:11 AM
It was a very impressive perfomance.
Evans is no bum.

Cletus Funk
12-05-2004, 10:26 AM
It was a very impressive perfomance.
Evans is no bum.

I'd read that he was supposed to be quite useful so it was impressive.

Raekwon
12-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Yeah, can't wait 'til he turns pro.

he is signing another deal to stay amateur still, 70k a year for amateur boxing still a nice pay day for the lad lol, his 18th birthday soon so he coulda turned pro if he wanted, you guys think he shoulda gone pro now or is he doing the right thing staying amateur?

Fat Shamz
12-05-2004, 12:11 PM
he is signing another deal to stay amateur still, 70k a year for amateur boxing still a nice pay day for the lad lol, his 18th birthday soon so he coulda turned pro if he wanted, you guys think he shoulda gone pro now or is he doing the right thing staying amateur?

I think if he stays amateur for now it is a good thing. At least this way he can perfect his stance and punches, as u could see the guy would not bring his arm back from a heavy right or left even if it did not land. If he did that in pro, he would easily get knocked out cos while his punch is being thrown, he is off balance, and pros are quick off the bat to get heavy shots in while they can. He should stay amateur until he has refined his ability. With the right training this kid can go a long way.

rsl
12-05-2004, 12:28 PM
I have never seen Amir Khan fight, everybody seems to talk about this kid's lightning fast reflexes. How would his athletic ability compare to Roy Jones Jr., Hamed, Mayweather Jr., and Bojado? I think Khan should stay in the amateurs and maximize his time there, ' cause it's gonna payoff in the long run.

Fat Shamz
12-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I have never seen Amir Khan fight, everybody seems to talk about this kid's lightning fast reflexes. How would his athletic ability compare to Roy Jones Jr., Hamed, Mayweather Jr., and Bojado? I think Khan should stay in the amateurs and maximize his time there, ' cause it's gonna payoff in the long run.

exactly what i tried to say. the kids gonna get damaged goin pro right now. he made a wise choice.

elveiel
12-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I dont really like to talk a young kid up but Kahn has perfected a very simple in and out style, he has very good hand and as long as he stays in the gym and moves his career at a sensible pace i can see doing very good things.

I'd like to see Kahn turn pro but it could be a good idea to stay am! he should run his career the same way Cotto has, which is do your learning and losing in the ams(Cotto's am record is 95 wins 24 defeats), that way you can make quick progress in the pro's and everyone will think your great!!

Hatton made the mistake of turning pro at 18, he's now had 37 fights and it looks like his career is slow burning even though he fought and lost a lot less fights(am & pro) than Cotto!! FYI Hattons am record is 80 wins and 4 defeats.

It makes sense to stay am until you come of age!

drag0n_
12-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Hmmmm i dunno... In order for him to progress he would have to turn pro imo. The amateurs wont teach him anything he probably doesn't already know (after all he lost a narrow fight to the best p4p amateur at 17!)And just whooped America's best amateur (27 years old) and toyed with him!

I'd like to see him turn pro at 19-20 (he'll be stronger and used to his body etc) and ready to take on the big guns.

I think Kahn is ridiculously talented for his age and has a very bright future ahead of him...

I believe we have a world champ in the making!

Cletus Funk
12-05-2004, 03:07 PM
He's got plenty of time on his side and an Olympic gold is always nice!! He's probably doing the right thing.

nezahualcoyotl
12-05-2004, 03:30 PM
who is this guy? never heard of him.

bchynn
12-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Pretty fast.

Cletus Funk
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
who is this guy? never heard of him.

He won silver at the last olympics, losing to Kindelan of Cuba in the final. He's only 17 too.

Hunna
12-08-2004, 03:54 AM
Khan is an exciting youn prospect, as long as hes in the right hands, he will be a world class pro.

Hunna
12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
How often does a full amatuer bout get air time apart from the olympics? never. Amir Khan is bringing more hype, publicity and attention to amateur boxing. good on him!!!

n14061981
12-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah he got an amazing welcome by the public

Hunna
12-10-2004, 01:59 AM
the longer he stays amateur the more attention he will bring to the roots of boxing. Boxing can always use some strong publicity and resources to develop the roots of the sport.

MlLkMan
12-13-2004, 09:57 PM
link is dead.

adeelr
01-17-2005, 07:22 PM
where can i get more of Amir khan's bouts, especially his olympics fights.

julDilla
01-17-2005, 07:38 PM
link is dead.

i just saw it it aint dead...the referee was a f_ckin joke, he kept harrasing the american, while amir kept throwing him to the ground from grabing him behind the hand, and calling the last knockdown which th american was obviously thrown down, amir doesnt look the immpressive to be honest, if you see the replays u can see his flaws

onikami
01-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Good to see the fight again. The boy will go far. Good prospect for Britain.

ShotgunSeanK
01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
yeah it did seem the ref was having a go at the american, but you cant deny amir's talent. a great boxer.

Lefthookhappy19
01-19-2005, 03:12 PM
i just saw it it aint dead...the referee was a f_ckin joke, he kept harrasing the american, while amir kept throwing him to the ground from grabing him behind the hand, and calling the last knockdown which th american was obviously thrown down, amir doesnt look the immpressive to be honest, if you see the replays u can see his flaws

Whatever mate. Believe what you want to believe. Thats how they ref amatuer boxing and Amir did get a warning for wrestling about. Laughable attempt to discredit him. Yes, please point out all these flaws that the 17 year old Olympic silver medalist has? You are aware that people rarely even get knocked down in the amatuers at that level? Great handspeed, VERY good power for an amatuer,footspeed, aggression and totally level headed. Must be some flaw you spotted. Yes, Amir will fail because of this mystery flaw despite all his other gifts. Talk about focusing on the negatives.

PS. Rafael Marquez is not the real champion, Sahaprom is. Marquez is padding his record and trying to fool everyone into the believing he's the real champ.

ophqui
01-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Kahn is undeniably very talented, and i respect him for not going pro the second he came out of the olympics. He's got great handspeed, good footwork & technique and will probably go on to do great things as a pro.

smokeyjackson
05-15-2005, 06:22 AM
Amir is the best amatuer in the world and now he has beaten kindelen and not just beat him, he made him look stupid maybe he will get the credit he deserves

EXIGE
05-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Amir is the best amatuer in the world and now he has beaten kindelen and not just beat him, he made him look stupid maybe he will get the credit he deserves

ah ur from bolton, so have u ever seen amir around like on the streets etc. he seems like a funny guy from the documentary about him just before the fight last night. and also as ur in bolton did u go to the fight or have u been to his gym. im curious.

KillerEye
06-20-2005, 05:05 AM
Wow
That kid really put it on that guy great hand speed he is fast would like to see him in pros.
What fight was this for if you could send me a massage telling me.Thank