Rocky Lockridge vs Gomez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Lockridge vs Gomez

Who did you have winning that fight?

Lockridge had a good chin and might had extended Gomez into the later rounds. Possible Rocky by late stoppage. But Rocky always lost his biggest matches, but not by much

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      Lockridge had a good chin and might had extended Gomez into the later rounds. Possible Rocky by late stoppage. But Rocky always lost his biggest matches, but not by much
      They fought in the 80's and Gomez got the decision.

I found it hard to score but I was under the impression that Rocky was winning the fight when it ended.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        Huh? Whachoo talkin' 'bout?

They did fight and Lockridge absolutely spanked him but was seriously screwed out of it. I really felt for him in that fight. He ****ing won ten of the fifteen rounds.

Bad decision with the usual politics and corrupt rubbish coming into play. They all wanted Gomez to win his third title in his third division and so they robbed Lockridge of his great win, cause there is no way he lost that fight at all.

Comment

Lockridge should have won. He made a mistake by letting Gomez stay in there even though Wilfredo was on his last legs and could easily have been stopped. Gomez showed heart but he had very little left by 1985 at 130 lbs. It was proven in his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Huh? Whachoo talkin' 'bout?

They did fight and Lockridge absolutely spanked him but was seriously screwed out of it. I really felt for him in that fight. He ****ing won ten of the fifteen rounds.

Bad decision with the usual politics and corrupt rubbish coming into play. They all wanted Gomez to win his third title in his third division and so they robbed Lockridge of his great win, cause there is no way he lost that fight at all.
            That was my impression. It was a major brawl and Gomez got his shots in but I had Lockridge winning pretty convincingly.

I wonder if it had to do with being in PR and 2 Panamanian judges.

Rocky looked like he just got out of the shower after the fight and Gomez looked like he just smoked 10 cigarettes while in a sauna for an hour on a treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

I found it hard to score but I was under the impression that Rocky was winning the fight when it ended.
              Thought you meant a second fight my apologies, I always thought that Rocky was in the end of bad decisions. Even though he had the Duvas backing him up it didn't seem to help
              Last edited by TOBYLEE1; 04-23-2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

gomez deserved 2 win the fight cos he carried on wi a broken voice box which has caused him 2 find talking very difficult even 2dai wo i right war tho very good fight

Comment

Lockridge! It ws a bad decision in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

I was about 6 years old when that fight happened but my Dad has it on VHS and I've watched it.. Lockridge won the fight clearly to me. Gomez was so exhausted they had to carry him to his stool the lasy 5 rounds or so. But that wasn't the best Gomez. He was past his prime at that point. Either way, Gomez lost that fight and would not have gotten the decison outside of Puerto Rico.

Comment

Working...
                    X