View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] GSP vs Anderson Silva

Rabbit ♠
04-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Going off the other thread that solidified GSP as a better wrestler than Hendo (I agree btw..always thought so). Do you think GSP can beat Ando given that Hendo was able to give Silva problems in the first round of their fight with his wrestling? Or does GSP simply lack the size to compete with Silva?

kaps
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
GSP is great at what Anderson is worst at. It's a compelling matchup that if GSP won you couldn't argue that he's p4p best. Now will he step up is the real question...

Rabbit ♠
04-19-2010, 12:24 PM
GSP is great at what Anderson is worst at. It's a compelling matchup that if GSP won you couldn't argue that he's p4p best. Now will he step up is the real question...

TBH I don't think he will. He'll fight him if Ando comes down to WW (He'll have no choice) but I doubt he moves up to MW. Ando was talking about coming down but I really don't think it's a good idea at his age to drop so much weight.

TheNegation
04-19-2010, 12:24 PM
GSP wins a UD. Takedown, pass guard, control, GnP, repeat for 5.

S.H.A.O
04-22-2010, 11:35 AM
cmon anderson dominates his enemies. i mean gsp is a great fighter, but anderson is a god.

F l i c k e r
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
cmon anderson dominates his enemies. i mean gsp is a great fighter, but anderson is a god.

Exactly. I see it going 1 of 2 ways.

Anderson obliterates GSP.

or

Anderson toys around with him like he did to Maia, Cote, and Leitas.

ABOSWORTH
04-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I think Anderson would be able to keep the fight standing and out strike the **** out of Georges. I think if Georges goes for a take down, he's gonna eat a knee or an uppercut and get KTFO.

$Natedatpkid$
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Exactly. I see it going 1 of 2 ways.

Anderson obliterates GSP.

or

Anderson toys around with him like he did to Maia, Cote, and Leitas.

3rd that. Anderson won't mess around with GSP. He took Forrest seriously and look what happened to him. GSP will get KTFO. Dont let Silva fool you. He's the best fighter in MMA for a reason.

Nick Fury
04-23-2010, 12:19 AM
GSP wins a UD. Takedown, pass guard, control, GnP, repeat for 5.

Anderson isn't Dan Hardy.

S.H.A.O
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
yep if anderson want ko you he will ko you