View Full Version : Mayhem Miller's Formal Apology

snakerattle79
04-19-2010, 04:27 AM
http://www.mayhemmiller.com/

My Apology to MMA

Written by Mayhem
Monday, 19 April 2010 06:28

I would like to formally apologize to CBS, Strikeforce, and all fans of mixed martial arts for my role in the events following the Strikeforce: Nashville event. In retrospect, my timing could not have been worse to ask for my rematch with Jake Sheilds, and I take full responsibility for entering the cage and setting off a chain of events that cast a dark shadow on the sport. I've been a fighter and a fan of MMA for over 12 years, and would never do anything to intentionally tarnish the sport I've given my life to. In the excitement of the moment I let my emotions run high and made a bad choice that resulted in a debacle, for that, I sincerely apologize.

Jason Mayhem Miller

hateinyaeyes32
04-19-2010, 05:58 AM
http://www.mayhemmiller.com/
This guy's a class act, in my opinion he needed no apology.

Pecs
04-19-2010, 06:27 AM
A class act, but he wasn't the one who started the brawl. He might have appeared at the wrong time, but he wasn't to blame for the brawl.

hateinyaeyes32
04-19-2010, 06:40 AM
A class act, but he wasn't the one who started the brawl. He might have appeared at the wrong time, but he wasn't to blame for the brawl.
that's exactly what im sayin

Archangel22
04-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Why is he saying sorry? He had every right to go in there and talk it up demanding a re-match. Most fighters get in the ring also and talk things up he was playing any way. No way did he start that brawl. Its just funny how the host of Bully Beatdown got beatdown lol. I did feel sorry for him and I felt like other fighters shouldve jumped in and helped him from the back.

Anyway typical Strikeforce they wont make the match happen, if anything theres more hype and promotion to get them in the ring than they could ever have. I would make him take on Diaz and if he wins give him the match he wants. They can make money off both those matches but nope, they wont do it because they are stupid and want to punish someone.

$ LegenD $
04-19-2010, 09:52 AM
i dont know about that at least give shields the time to bask in the glory of beating one of the greats in the sport....and they way he popped out was like almost headbutting shields i think he got wat he deserved....at the post-fight conference yeah sure ask for the rematch but not right after the freakin fight...to me that was a great great win for shields i never imagined it going like that....

kaps
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
He should've waited till Shields was done, like any respectable fighter would've done. I'm not condoning the actions of anybody that night but him interupting was the spark that lit the fire IMO...

TheNegation
04-19-2010, 01:25 PM

Not really. Melendez starting the fight by shoving Miller out of the way and that in a nutshell started the brawl.

Miller was a dick for interrupting the interview, but he didn't start the fight.