View Full Version : Who is more boring Shields or Mayweather Jr ?

1 on 1
04-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Everytime the two have fights, the commentators always mention their technical prowess in their particular specialty, but, they're to me, the most boring world-class fighters I've seen.

But, back to the thread question, who bores you more ?

Soda Popinski
04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Shields.

At least PBF has a personality, Shields is a robot AND he's boring. And at least Mayweather tries to hurt you when he hits you. I've been hit harder by 10yo girls than what Shields was throwing at Hendo last night.

1 on 1
04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Shields.

At least PBF has a personality, Shields is a robot AND he's boring. And at least Mayweather tries to hurt you when he hits you. I've been hit harder by 10yo girls than what Shields was throwing at Hendo last night. I know, man, lmao

TheNegation
04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I don't find either of them that boring. You need to learn to appreciate every style.

Jake Shields' fights aren't always boring. I actually was rather entertained by his fight with Hendo. His fight with Miller was pretty bad, I'll give you that, but Miller's has a very, very good defensive guard and sub defense, so it was a styles make fights kinda match.

Mayweather as well. He may not be the most exciting fight out there, but his defense is impeccable and he makes good boxers look really, really bad and he does it with ease.

Combats Sports isn't a toughman competition, and not every fight is going to be a knock em down drag em out brawl.

I guess everyone has their prefereces, but as true fight fans you can't get mad when fighters employ actualy strategy instead of throwing caution to the wind.

$ LegenD $
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
i actually found the hendo-shields fight entertaining.....to be able to take down and mount a legend like hendo was awesome to watch.....and pretty boy's last couple of fights havent been quite boring as he tko'd hatton and boxed circles around marquez....the fight with oscar was also pretty good....

doomrider7
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
I gotta go with Mayweather. With MMA having so many ways to win, with Shields there's always a chance to see get his ass beat(If he fights GSP it'll just go down the same way as the Fitch fight).

Junito-Rulez
04-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Jake Shields VS Dan Henderson was a good fight. What's wrong?
Jake Shields and Floyd are both good fighters but Mayweather is much more entertaining. Shields isn't boring, his personnality is.

crillz
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
you're being unfair, neither Jake Shields nor Floyd Mayweather Jr are boring, the problem is you don't appreciate skillful fighting. what Shields did against Hendo impressed me because he kept himself together, he showed how to survive when in such a bad position, he held himself together which is something I bet Cung Le wished he knew how to do against Scott Smith in that 3rd round..

Hendo did his thing, he put on a show in that 1st round and had people believing the percieved thought that he was gonna win but Jake Shields did what champions do and he tamed the lion in front of him and it was far from boring, VERY strategical and I just don't understand how you can be a fan of MMA and not respect what Shields did on Saturday..

as for Floyd Mayweather Jr, don't even speak the man's name because what he is all about goes against everything you look for in a fight, Mayweather hits to not get hit and you obviously wanna see a back and fourth fight, hitting and getting hit and that is simply not Floyd Mayweathers style..

Shields and Mayweather are 2 of my favorite active fighters in each respective sport due to their strategical ways, I'm not fluent enough to know every single term or name for each move so I wouldn't be able to do color commentary but I understand MMA and I understand that what Jake Shields did was excellent and in Boxing I hold Floyd in the same regard..

Living Legend
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Everytime the two have fights, the commentators always mention their technical prowess in their particular specialty, but, they're to me, the most boring world-class fighters I've seen.

But, back to the thread question, who bores you more ?

You fight both of them personally and find out... Jake Shields name shouldn't even be mentioned on the same day as Mayweather jr... Jake shields is boring because people come to see a fight not a wrestling match... And how is Floyd anymore boring than, Clottey, Calzaghe, Hopkins, Cotto...Pacquiao one of the stand out exciting fighters right now, because he is beating up big dudes with ease...other than that fight sports can be very boring at times, that' s why everyone loves a knockout...