View Full Version : Who Will Be Barrera's Next Opponent?

INFAMOUZ
12-04-2004, 01:31 AM
We would love to see Barrera fight Pacquiao again, if its true that Barrera wasn't in his self when he fought the Fearless. Its his time to prove it, dont you think?

MexicanBoxer
12-04-2004, 01:43 AM
first off pac man has 2 get past JMM, THEN THE FIGHT CAN HAPPEN.

psychopath
12-04-2004, 11:54 AM
:D Pac/MAB II is not happening soon. MAB might chose to take an easy fight or a mansatory defense maybe . . . before he plunge against PAC.

drag0n_
12-04-2004, 01:48 PM
IMO i dont think MAB will be looking for easy fights. I believe he is just looking for the mega fights, and to finish a great illustrious career, and as a true mexican legend.

RobbieD
12-04-2004, 10:47 PM
I think it's Pac Man next.

THRILLAinmanila
12-04-2004, 10:53 PM
It would be great to have Pac-MAB 2 now, but Pac has to prove he can beat JMM. The 1st fight was inconclusive for both of them. The road to greatness is to beat JMM first, then go after MAB at superfeather. Then again, Pac HAS already beaten MAB. The main reason a Pac-MAB fight is good for Pac is that he is gonna earn gazillion pesos for himself in that fight. Plus a possible Superfeaterweigt belt.

I say Pac-JMM 2 is the logical way to go right now. Two feather belts to
establish his legacy in the division, not to mention good bucks too, then go after MAB at superfeather.

psychopath
12-05-2004, 02:11 AM
IMO i dont think MAB will be looking for easy fights. I believe he is just looking for the mega fights, and to finish a great illustrious career, and as a true mexican legend.

Well he said he is not fighting Pac next . . . so I would assume he'll depend his belts . . . and any mandatory defense should be an easy fight (the way I see it).

Epie2
12-06-2004, 03:26 AM
MAB's next opponent will be anybody but the Pac-Man. MAB's handlers offered excuses for his devastating loss, they will come up with another set of excuses why the rematch should not happen. They say Pac has to hurdle first JMM and the Larios. They are reversing the roles. Pac does not have to pursue the rematch to prove his first win over MAB was a fluke. It is MAB who should move mountains to be able to face Pac again if only to prove his excuses carry even a little weight of validity. As they say in a court of law battle, "he who alleges proves".

kadyo
12-06-2004, 04:04 AM
MAB will always wonder whether he is telling the truth or lying that he had an off night las nov 15, 2003. No matter what the result of PAC-JMM 2, MAB will fight with pac again less he wants to be known as one of the best fighters who had an offnight but never bothered to prove that it was true.

Raekwon
12-06-2004, 09:45 AM

i agree with this, but im not sure he will take pac on straight away, maybe in time i would hope we would see them fight again but i do not think it will be so soon

tri4ben2
12-06-2004, 05:26 PM
It is also weird that Pac is the Ring magazine champ and he does not have to have mis-mandatories.

In the world of boxing, especially mexico, MAB is still the bigger name, and MAB still has the negotiating power.

By the way Kaydo, your sig is disturbing me.

SacTown1
12-08-2004, 03:59 PM
You guys are very wishful thinkers, but Barrera's next fight is already in the bag, it'll be in May vs. WBO champ Mike Anchondo on PPV.

lapulapu
12-08-2004, 10:38 PM
You guys are very wishful thinkers, but Barrera's next fight is already in the bag, it'll be in May vs. WBO champ Mike Anchondo on PPV.

No way MAB will fight PACMAN again. MAB has already learned his lesson in previous fights. MAB will choose his fights but PACMAN and MARQUEZ are not in the list.

cms
12-08-2004, 10:49 PM
It would be cool if cotto dropped down to his weight class

LittleBigMan
01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Barrera should fight Marquez, and the winner has to face Morales-Pacquiao winner. SOMEONE in that damn weight class needs to prove they are better than the others. All we know at this time is that Marquez is the worst of the four.

psychopath
01-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Barrera should fight Marquez, and the winner has to face Morales-Pacquiao winner. SOMEONE in that damn weight class needs to prove they are better than the others. All we know at this time is that Marquez is the worst of the four.

I guess you are right . . . JMM has the skills alright . . . but he doesn't have the balls to act as a real CHAMP . . . A TWO BELTED champion. Style wise . . . he is effective but very boring.

Check his last fight against Salido :D these two guys mixed it up for only 3 rounds out of the total 12 . . . the rest are all wasted rounds. What a sleeper. :p

morancito
01-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh, JMM showed plenty of balls when he got up three times in that first round vs. Manny, only to take PacMan to school the following 11 rounds.

My fearless forecast is that Morales will beat PacMan, who then will fight -and lose to, JMM. Look for Morales - Barrera IV for 2006!

jpboxer3
01-18-2005, 08:04 PM
If MABs gonna campaign at 130,then he should first fight one of the Gatekeepers at 130 in Jesus Chavez and Carlos Hernandez.

mr. bojangles
01-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Yodsanan 3K Battery Nanthachai is the avoided one @130. The Thai Tyson is a worthy opponent and will beat Barrera's ass. MAB avoided his unification challenge and has opted for the much safer fight against Anchondo instead.

MlLkMan
01-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I heard Barrera will fight Scott Harrison

LittleBigMan
01-18-2005, 10:06 PM
It would be great to have Pac-MAB 2 now, but Pac has to prove he can beat JMM. The 1st fight was inconclusive for both of them. The road to greatness is to beat JMM first, then go after MAB at superfeather. Then again, Pac HAS already beaten MAB. The main reason a Pac-MAB fight is good for Pac is that he is gonna earn gazillion pesos for himself in that fight. Plus a possible Superfeaterweigt belt.

I say Pac-JMM 2 is the logical way to go right now. Two feather belts to
establish his legacy in the division, not to mention good bucks too, then go after MAB at superfeather.

they both looked horrible in the 1st fight

AIR_KENG
01-18-2005, 10:33 PM
i would love to see pac-jmm 2 but IMO i would rather see pac-mab first and foremost. let manny show barrera that he can do it again, and this time MAB should not have any excuses or he will just add insult to injury. pac-jmm 2 would be a nice closing match for manny, if and when he beats morales and barrera. marquez is the toughest opponent for manny within the three m's so it only fits for him to fight jmm last...

E.T.
01-18-2005, 10:51 PM
they both looked horrible in the 1st fight

I beg to disagree. I think they put up one hell of a fight there ...

AIR_KENG
01-19-2005, 01:19 AM
barrera is going to wait a little longer to find a mega buck fight. the most probabale is a MAB-MP rematch but that will come after erik and jmm. i hope barrera starts fighting jmm so we can see who's better among the four. so far pacman is the only fighter that has schduled a fight with all three featherweight sensations.

Kimmy
01-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Barerra has arranged with Golden Boy Promotions on May 7th. He will probably fight Mzonke Fana, the WBC mandatory on this date and hope to secure a fight later in the fall with a big name!

mr. bojangles
01-19-2005, 05:24 AM
^^^

If MAB, for some strange reasons, won't be able to secure a fight with a named opponent after this mandatory defense...I hope he'll fight the next mandatory challenger...

...Randy Suico.:)

JOM'S
01-19-2005, 06:52 AM
^^^

If MAB, for some strange reasons, won't be able to secure a fight with a named opponent after this mandatory defense...I hope he'll fight the next mandatory challenger...

...Randy Suico.:)

thats wishfull thinking, buddy, but I am also wishing that to happen ...

enegue
01-19-2005, 08:31 AM
first off pac man has 2 get past JMM, THEN THE FIGHT CAN HAPPEN.

I don't think Pac has to get past JMM inorder to fight Marco. Remember he was beaten very badly by the Pacman so if he really wants to get even, he has to fight Pac. I think that fight can happen anytime if Marco really believes he can beat Pac. :p :p :p

Kimmy
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
I agree enegue. The strengh of his empathic victory the first time will easily secure a rematch with Barrera. I hope it happens. I have a sneaky feeling Barrera will do it. Pac Man took him by surprise it seems with his speed etc. I think Barrera will fight much better. He might still lose, but i think he will make adjustments to make this fight closer!

m00ks
01-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Barrera is one of the smartest fighters out there and he can think of a plan to last 12 against Pac. As for him winning, unless he pulls a EM-MAB 2 and get the decision, I don't think the outcome would be any different.

adeelr
01-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I think barrera should take pacqiao right away if pacqiao wins against moralles. the first fight was not a reflection of barrera's talent. he has more chances of defeating pacqiao than moralles.

JaNnO
01-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I think barrera should take pacqiao right away if pacqiao wins against moralles. the first fight was not a reflection of barrera's talent. he has more chances of defeating pacqiao than moralles.

I heard that frank Frank Maloney has been hounding the WBC super-featherweight king's Golden Boy promotions team with a barrage of telephone calls to get Barrera to fight his fighter, Scott Harisson.

Maloney believes that the Mexican superstar is running scared of his man, which is why he is exploring the idea of resorting to a 'Plan B' and using unconventional tactics.

He has already spoken to Harrison's trainer and father Peter about using insults to provoke Barrera, and now he is waiting for the green light from the fighter to put it into action.

"We know Barrera is looking for an opponent on May 5,"' explained Maloney. "I have spoken to Peter about a way of trying to embarrass Barrera into the fight because I know he is a very macho man and does not take too kindly to being upstaged or insulted."

ispayder
01-19-2005, 11:19 PM

Good thinking, unfortunately, MAB is thinking of something else.

PacME
01-20-2005, 02:33 AM
I Think He Should Wait Till Manny Pacquiao Is Done With Morales And Juan Manuel Marquez,He Needs That Much Time To Train For Him To Even Fight Manny Pacquiao :D

psychopath
01-20-2005, 03:24 AM

Oh yes definitely . . . Pac will not say NO to that but I feel that MAB wants to prolong his hold on his new found stature so it's most likely that he won't go for that.

PacLand
01-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Barrera vs. JMM is a good billing while waiting for Manny....

psychopath
01-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Barrera vs. JMM is a good billing while waiting for Manny....

That's right . . . ****i'n Beristain wants big money for his CHICKEN CHAMP :D so JMM might as well fight MAB . . . but I really don't think so . . . as JMM has shown over and over again . . . he only picks easy fights. :D

Verbl_Kint
01-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Marquez would be able to bounce back from his promotions debacle by securing a fight with Barrera perhaps in mid-june.

psychopath
01-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Marquez would be able to bounce back from his promotions debacle by securing a fight with Barrera perhaps in mid-june.

I would love to see that. That's the best that could happen next . . . fans can see who's who. ;)

PacME
01-20-2005, 08:14 PM
i think he should fight nobody cause he nobody..............heheheheheheheheheh :D