View Full Version : F**k Takedowns

-Swizzy-
04-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Moussasi vs King Mo is prime example of bull**** MMA rules. Moussasi landed 130 more strikes and had more submission attempts, yet King Mo wins the decision because he spammed Moussasi with takedowns. That is pure ****.

kaps
04-17-2010, 09:55 PM
4-1 Mo, and I really wanted Mousasi to win....

kaps
04-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Mo is Mark Coleman 4.0...

kaps
04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Oh and LOfugginL @ Mo wanting to fight Rampage. That would end badly for him...

F l i c k e r
04-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Mo could fight Rampage. For some reason Rampage forgot how to wrestle since comming to the UFC.

As for the topic..... gotta score points. lol

Left2theliver
04-17-2010, 11:02 PM
4 rounds to 1 for Mo. The first two fights were competitive but the last 3 rounds were easy scores for Mo. I gave Mousasi round 2 because Mo basically did shot form the top, Mousasi landed good blows form the bottom, landed nice combos when they stood up, and took Mo's back.

kaps
04-17-2010, 11:03 PM
4 rounds to 1 for Mo. The first two fights were competitive but the last 3 rounds were easy scores for Mo. I gave Mousasi round 2 because Mo basically did shot form the top, Mousasi landed good blows form the bottom, landed nice combos when they stood up, and took Mo's back.

Same.....

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 12:00 AM
4-1 Mo, and I really wanted Mousasi to win....

well obviously under the MMA judging system King Mo won but it was a BS win.

The way its looking right now, takedown spamming is the future of MMA. If MMA continues to degrade at this pace, I don't think I'll be watching it any more in about 4-5 years.

kaps
04-18-2010, 12:04 AM
well obviously under the MMA judging system King Mo won but it was a BS win.

The way its looking right now, takedown spamming is the future of MMA. If MMA continues to degrade at this pace, I don't think I'll be watching it any more in about 4-5 years.

That's why I think they should allow knees and kicks to a downed opponents head. It helps neutralize wrestling....

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 12:16 AM
That's why I think they should allow knees and kicks to a downed opponents head. It helps neutralize wrestling....

thats what I was thinking. and I find it really retarded that if both fighters are on the ground, they can't kick or knee each other in the head. I understand maybe if 1 fighter is down, but the fact that both fighters are down and it isn't allowed is ridiculous. Moussasi would have had a much better chance of finishing if that ridiculous rule didn't exist.

TBEC2
04-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Moussasi did it to himself. The whole goal of the guard is to either work a submission, improve your position or force a ref standing not to throw shots from a weak position that do little more than annoy your opponent.

Moussasi seemed to be complacent to just lay on his back and hope he landed another lucky up kick instead of trying to improve position or force a ref stand up.

kaps
04-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Moussasi did it to himself. The whole goal of the guard is to either work a submission, improve your position or force a ref standing not to throw shots from a weak position that do little more than annoy your opponent.

Moussasi seemed to be complacent to just lay on his back and hope he landed another lucky up kick instead of trying to improve position or force a ref stand up.

At first I thought he was just doing that to let Mo gas and then win, but after the 4th round I was like WTF?

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 01:19 AM
At first I thought he was just doing that to let Mo gas and then win, but after the 4th round I was like WTF?

well King Mo's wrestling and strength were causing Moussasi problems. nothing he could really do but defend. Double leg takedowns are very difficult to defend, and once someone gets that takedown with good wrestling strength, its hard to really do anything. Moussasi actually did a great job of defending the GnP IMO.

kaps
04-18-2010, 01:26 AM
well King Mo's wrestling and strength were causing Moussasi problems. nothing he could really do but defend. Double leg takedowns are very difficult to defend, and once someone gets that takedown with good wrestling strength, its hard to really do anything. Moussasi actually did a great job of defending the GnP IMO.

I agree but it looked like early on Gergard could do what he wanted when he wanted but just chose not too...

snakerattle79
04-18-2010, 01:48 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zlz5r5UYsBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zlz5r5UYsBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 01:55 AM
^^^ lol

and King Mo won the fight. thats why I don't like the MMA judging system as it is right now..

kaps
04-18-2010, 01:59 AM
^^^ lol

and King Mo won the fight. thats why I don't like the MMA judging system as it is right now..

Fighters face does not always mean he lost. That's some bull****....

F l i c k e r
04-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Got damn. Mo's eye swelled up horrible. :nonono:

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Fighters face does not always mean he lost. That's some bull****....

but in this case, King Mo should have lost if the MMA had real rules.

$Natedatpkid$
04-18-2010, 02:44 AM
You keep saying the rules and the judging system. Which one is it?

The judging system was just fine. Mo won round 1 IMO, Gegard won round 2. But Mo won the last 3 because gegard was a like a fan and chose to watch the fight go by then actually do something. Gegard wasn't robbed of any decision.

I can agree on the rules thing though. They possibly could have changed the outcome maybe if Gegard had more offensive options. But i doubt it since the last 3 rounds he looked lost.

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 02:57 AM
You keep saying the rules and the judging system. Which one is it?

The judging system was just fine. Mo won round 1 IMO, Gegard won round 2. But Mo won the last 3 because gegard was a like a fan and chose to watch the fight go by then actually do something. Gegard wasn't robbed of any decision.

I can agree on the rules thing though. They possibly could have changed the outcome maybe if Gegard had more offensive options. But i doubt it since the last 3 rounds he looked lost.

I mean to say judging system, sorry. I've got a few beers in me.

the way the fights are judged should change. judges should not give points for takedowns. if a fighter doesn't do much after a takedown, it shouldn't be counted as anything.

kaps
04-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Octogon control. Controlling the pace and dictating where the fight takes place...

$Natedatpkid$
04-18-2010, 03:11 AM
I mean to say judging system, sorry. I've got a few beers in me.

the way the fights are judged should change. judges should not give points for takedowns. if a fighter doesn't do much after a takedown, it shouldn't be counted as anything.

Well it depends. I don't think Gegard was robbed by any means since after round 2 he's didn't do too much off his back to ignore those amazing takedowns. But it depends. They do score guys rounds off their backs sometimes. Bas Rutten won the Heavyweight title off his back the WHOLE fight against Randleman. My main problems is some rounds that don't get scored that way. Round 3 of Forrest/Tito 1 cost Forrest the fight as he out struck tito and then tito got that last second takedown but Forrest was still beating him up off his back which should have won him the round and the fight. Chuck won the fight IMO, but he shouldn't have won the 1st round of the Wandy fight just because of that BS takedown with 2 seconds left. Also Frankie Edgar shouldn't have won the 2nd round against BJ because of that 2 second takedown.

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Octogon control. Controlling the pace and dictating where the fight takes place...

who is this post directed at?

if its for me, I'll assume you think King Mo's takedown spamming is "dictating where the fight should go"... trying to make it sound better than it really was. what it really is, is an easy way to win a fight. its the new Greg Jackson Loop Hole Strategy, or GJLHS as I like to call it. The worst thing to ever get discovered in MMA. Its gonna kill the sport IMO. just wait and see.

kaps
04-18-2010, 03:15 AM
who is this post directed at?

if its for me, I'll assume you think King Mo's takedown spamming is "dictating where the fight should go"... trying to make it sound better than it really was. what it really is, is an easy way to win a fight. its the new Greg Jackson Loop Hole Strategy, or GJLHS as I like to call it. The worst thing to ever get discovered in MMA. Its gonna kill the sport IMO. just wait and see.

Or it'll make everyone else step there wrestling game up....

-Swizzy-
04-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Well it depends. I don't think Gegard was robbed by any means since after round 2 he's didn't do too much off his back to ignore those amazing takedowns. But it depends. They do score guys rounds off their backs sometimes. Bas Rutten won the Heavyweight title off his back the WHOLE fight against Randleman. My main problems is some rounds that don't get scored that way. Round 3 of Forrest/Tito 1 cost Forrest the fight as he out struck tito and then tito got that last second takedown but Forrest was still beating him up off his back which should have won him the round and the fight. Chuck won the fight IMO, but he shouldn't have won the 1st round of the Wandy fight just because of that BS takedown with 2 seconds left. Also Frankie Edgar shouldn't have won the 2nd round against BJ because of that 2 second takedown.

exactly. takedowns should not get scored PERIOD. unless fighters actually do something after the takedown. I think Moussasi did more in the first 3 rounds but didn't get credit for it because Mo got the takedown and had the top position. its really BS.

Blair_Wells#32
04-18-2010, 06:23 AM
everyone called me a UFC hugger but explain to me how Mousasi or King Mo would do Against the Likes of Rashad or Rampage either would be Ko'd Quickly, Deny me that Claim.
Mousasi and Mo are just hyped just like the Dream WW Champ who was supposed to beat GSP but was put to Shame by Nick Diaz.
strikeforce is just a joke trying to hang up to reletivity with failiures of fighters who they don't care about like Shileds who dominated Hendo but never promoted him and i'd be happy to see Shields come to the UFC just to rub it in Strikeforce's face for doubting him.

Young Herschel
04-18-2010, 02:26 PM
"King Mo" took Mousassi down with authority even in the final round. Then he maintained top postion over the former champion and took every striking opportunity he was afforded; which wasn't many. IMHO he should have used his wrestling to force a boxing match but "King Mo"'s corner had him sufficently prepared with submission defense.

He definitely won that fight; it was as clear-cut as such an inexperienced underdog could hope for on national TV.