View Full Version : Dana White is a moron...

kaps
04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
"If he ever fights like that again I'll cut him, regardless."

So Dana wants to influence the outcomes of fights? What a pathetic little ******. Get rid of a p4p great because you don't like the way he fights? What a douche bag. So much for wanting the best fighters in the UFC, he only cares about exciting fights and ratings. He showed that when he let Hendo go and got Kimbo to sign. I will be watching all UFC's thru a webstream now. He will never see another cent of my money...

kaps
04-14-2010, 08:11 PM
He said that on the Jim Rome show by the way...

kaps
04-14-2010, 08:21 PM
If I where Anderson, I'd fight the next fight exactly the same, during the post fight interview give a big **** you to Dana White, go to strikeforce, fight Musasi or Mayhem or Diaz or any one of the great middleweights over there that will actually fight with him...

Nick Fury
04-14-2010, 08:21 PM
LOOL what a ****ing idiot. I was the first to disagree with Silva's antics, but I hope he does it again. And I disagreed with his antics not because he was "boring" but because how low and disrespectful he was in the ring. I'm still a fan of the Spider, but c'mon champ! Show at least some class.

Left2theliver
04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Dana's all talk, he doesn't have the bals to drop silva.

Brandish
04-14-2010, 08:49 PM
the spider is the only fighter worth watching in that pathetic org..i only watch anderson silva fioghts the rest are garbage..

kaps
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Video of moron...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/834KZjEQZWo&border=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/834KZjEQZWo&border=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

the traveler
04-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Kaps, I agree with you, man. Him dictating how fighters should fight makes for unreal fights. I want to see real fighting, whether it is a fighter ducking his opponent and peppering him from time to time or whether it's a guy coming straight forward. I want fighters to fight with real strategies not just some **** they feel they need to do for entertainment purposes.

Wanderlei Silva must be Dana White's favorite fighter, because he has been known for fighting for fans and for avoiding doing certain things(taking the fight to the ground and using his jj skills) in favor of swining wildly for the fans.

I'm about to start following other organizations and just saying the hell with hte ufc. Dana white is a ******.

the traveler
04-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Running and not actually engaging? What the ****, man. If a guy is winning, he should have the right to avoid contact with his opponent if that is what he chooses to do. Instead, gay Dana wants guys to continue moving forward even if that means making a mistake in a fight you are winning and getting ko'd or subbed.

-Swizzy-
04-15-2010, 02:15 AM
So Dana wants to influence the outcomes of fights? What a pathetic little ******. Get rid of a p4p great because you don't like the way he fights? What a douche bag. So much for wanting the best fighters in the UFC, he only cares about exciting fights and ratings. He showed that when he let Hendo go and got Kimbo to sign. I will be watching all UFC's thru a webstream now. He will never see another cent of my money...

whats the difference between that and what Pride&Dream do by taking purse money away for fighters that don't engage?

Its the reason Pride and Dream have much better fights because they push the entertainment whereas UFC allows fighters more freedom and the cause of that has been fighters exploiting loop holes to win fights in a very boring fashion.

The way Dana is doing it is making it look bad. the UFC should start handing out penalties for boring fights IMO.

Virgil Caine
04-15-2010, 02:42 AM
whats the difference between that and what Pride&Dream do by taking purse money away for fighters that don't engage?

Its the reason Pride and Dream have much better fights because they push the entertainment whereas UFC allows fighters more freedom and the cause of that has been fighters exploiting loop holes to win fights in a very boring fashion.

The way Dana is doing it is making it look bad. the UFC should start handing out penalties for boring fights IMO.

On the flip side though, that is not so different really than the UFC offering the fight of the night/sub of the night/KO bonuses, except that in the UFC's case it is the carrot and in the Pride/Dream example it's the stick.

-Swizzy-
04-15-2010, 03:12 AM
On the flip side though, that is not so different really than the UFC offering the fight of the night/sub of the night/KO bonuses, except that in the UFC's case it is the carrot and in the Pride/Dream example it's the stick.

yeah true, but fighters in the UFC aren't afraid of losing money, especially the main event fighters. they would rather win by any means because it works out better for them in the long term. But when it comes down to each fight, fighters don't have much incentive to put on a good show because a safe win is more of a guaranteed win than a fighter trying to go for a spectacular win.

LOLORSKATES
04-15-2010, 03:35 AM
I understand the aspect of putting on a show for the fans but I'm all for fighters/athletes playing the game in their own way to win it.

Even if it is boring.

White should get step in the octagon if he wants to put on a show for the fans. He comes off as if he wants to responsible for every fighters cauliflower ears & other detriments to their health as a fighter.

Mozza
04-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Dana is 100% correct on this one. If every fight was like Silva v Maia nobody would watch.

kaps
04-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Dana is 100% correct on this one. If every fight was like Silva v Maia nobody would watch.

So when does it stop being a skilled fight and become a toughman show?

Mozza
04-15-2010, 10:44 AM

It all descends into chaos when the most skilled of them all turns a skilled fight into a farce.

the traveler
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM

It's similar to all the hate that the San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons used to get. They won games and where better than everyone but sometimes it wasn't exciting. Should they have been asked to play less defense and start doing and 1 stuff just because fans want to see it?

I want to see a real fight not a ****ing show.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-15-2010, 01:22 PM

kaps, your probably the most informed mma guy on this site but I have to disagree with you on this one. You have to understand things from Dana White's perspective.

He's the promoter, his job is to generate interest and keep the integrity of mma intact. Remember, while you and me consider mma a great SPORT, there are still main stream people out there that think of it as a **** fight.

He understands that to get some main stream coverage on a major network like CBS, NBC or ABC he needs to keep the sport clean and lagit. I know he's had his opportunity to do that and said the money wasn't right but he also wants to make sure his shows are on the level.

What Silva did was ignorant and stupid, yes it was funny to watch but it was boring and stupid after a while. If you are Silva, you are a champ, arguably the best fighter in the world and you are acting like Macho Camacho or Prince Nazim.

I also don't doubt he will cut Silvs if he ever does that again, no one man is bigger than the sport. On this one, I have to understand where Silva is coming from and understand his position.

kaps
04-15-2010, 01:38 PM
kaps, your probably the most informed mma guy on this site but I have to disagree with you on this one. You have to understand things from Dana White's perspective.

He's the promoter, his job is to generate interest and keep the integrity of mma intact. Remember, while you and me consider mma a great SPORT, there are still main stream people out there that think of it as a **** fight.

He understands that to get some main stream coverage on a major network like CBS, NBC or ABC he needs to keep the sport clean and lagit. I know he's had his opportunity to do that and said the money wasn't right but he also wants to make sure his shows are on the level.

What Silva did was ignorant and stupid, yes it was funny to watch but it was boring and stupid after a while. If you are Silva, you are a champ, arguably the best fighter in the world and you are acting like Macho Camacho or Prince Nazim.

I also don't doubt he will cut Silvs if he ever does that again, no one man is bigger than the sport. On this one, I have to understand where Silva is coming from and understand his position.

IMO I believe Silva got frustrated midway thru the third round at Maia's lack of interest in the fight, so in the 4th and 5th when it looked like Maia actually wanted to fight, Silva repaid the favor. If you want to continue to watch Kimbo fight bums or see Bonnar vs Griffin 8 that's fine. I'd prefer to see skilled fighters doing battle....

TheNegation
04-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Anderson Silva probably wants Dana to cut him so he can fight Roy Jones.

kaps
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Anderson Silva probably wants Dana to cut him so he can fight Roy Jones.

Could also be the case. Roy may be shot but in a boxing ring he'll more than likely smash on Anderson. I could see Strikeforce setting up a fight on CBS though. Epic beyond imagining....

-Swizzy-
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM

you can't compare this to toughman, c'mon. No matter what the rules are, there are gonna be 2 very skilled fighters engaging in the octagon.

Every sport has its rules which force participants to play under certain conditions, and this won't be any different. The best fighter that can fight an entertaining style wins. It takes more skill to win fighting with an entertaining style IMO.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
IMO I believe Silva got frustrated midway thru the third round at Maia's lack of interest in the fight, so in the 4th and 5th when it looked like Maia actually wanted to fight, Silva repaid the favor. If you want to continue to watch Kimbo fight bums or see Bonnar vs Griffin 8 that's fine. I'd prefer to see skilled fighters doing battle....

Frustrated or not, it was a display that really hurt the fight. Because instead of the fans getting a KO or quick ending, they got some stupid dance from Silva for 5 rounds.

Look, I'm not really pro or against Dana White but I do admire the guy for being the promoter he is and how honest he is when asked things from the media.

I guess it's because I'm so used to the corruptness of boxing that it's refreshing to hear a guy like Dana talk about making a fight better instead of hearing Don King or Bob Arum look you dead in the face and lie like it's as easy as breathing.

Dana wants the best fighters in the UFC and wants the best product out there. In this I have no doubt, I think he just gets frustrated when guys like Tito make excuses as to why not fight Chuck and Silva acting like a clown and many other instances of BS that has happened.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Could also be the case. Roy may be shot but in a boxing ring he'll more than likely smash on Anderson. I could see Strikeforce setting up a fight on CBS though. Epic beyond imagining....

At this point, I don't see Roy Jones Jr, beating anyone, including Silva. Jones is worse than done, he has no business in a boxing ring ever again.

Danny Gunz
04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Why is he a moron? Its the same thing as Terrell Owens acting like a prick on the eagles and 49ers so they get rid of him.

kaps
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Why is he a moron? Its the same thing as Terrell Owens acting like a prick on the eagles and 49ers so they get rid of him.

Anderson is undefeated in the UFC, holds the record for most consecutive wins, and has finished 10 out of his last 12 fights. Dana is acting like a ***** because he thinks he should control how a fighter fights when he should be thanking god he has one of the best p4p dudes in his company...

-Swizzy-
04-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Anderson is undefeated in the UFC, holds the record for most consecutive wins, and has finished 10 out of his last 12 fights. Dana is acting like a ***** because he thinks he should control how a fighter fights when he should be thanking god he has one of the best p4p dudes in his company...

you're starting to sound like a Silva nuthugger and Dana hater. you selectively answer to easy posts with the same tired dribble and ignore real intellectual conversation and posts.

as a mod, you are encouraging low standards for this forum.:nonono:

kaps
04-15-2010, 04:54 PM
you're starting to sound like a Silva nuthugger and Dana hater. you selectively answer to easy posts with the same tired dribble and ignore real intellectual conversation and posts.

as a mod, you are encouraging low standards for this forum.:nonono:

Not that big of a Silva fan but I've been a Dana hater for years. Not every fight is going to be the greatest fight ever. Why is it that only I am seeing the same problem in the only 2 fights Anderson didn't finish?

-Swizzy-
04-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Not that big of a Silva fan but I've been a Dana hater for years. Not every fight is going to be the greatest fight ever. Why is it that only I am seeing the same problem in the only 2 fights Anderson didn't finish?

I guess its a matter of perspective on this one. although you can't ignore the fact that Silva could have finished Maia. What gave it away for me was when silva was gesturing to Maia to go at him, and when Maia stepped forward, Silva stepped back. I don't know if anyone has a gif of that, but Silva's contradicting style was probably what annoyed most especially me.

his next fight with Sonnen should be a good one though. as much as Sonnen might be an ass, he is a gamer. he'll take the fight to silva. If that fight turns out to be boring, it will be because of Silva.

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-15-2010, 05:10 PM

Sorry man but I think you are just hating on Silva more than thinking this through.

One thing is to have a boring fight because of style match ups. Another thing is for someone to clown the whole time.

I can totally understand White's point of view.

Silva CHOSE to make the fight that way, White wasn't complain because it was a boring fight, rather that Silva did it on purpose.

kaps
04-15-2010, 05:11 PM
I guess its a matter of perspective on this one. although you can't ignore the fact that Silva could have finished Maia. What gave it away for me was when silva was gesturing to Maia to go at him, and when Maia stepped forward, Silva stepped back. I don't know if anyone has a gif of that, but Silva's contradicting style was probably what annoyed most especially me.

his next fight with Sonnen should be a good one though. as much as Sonnen might be an ass, he is a gamer. he'll take the fight to silva. If that fight turns out to be boring, it will be because of Silva.

I don't know about that, have you seen Sonnen vs. Filho?

-Swizzy-
04-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't know about that, have you seen Sonnen vs. Filho?

he doesn't fight like that anymore. I would think he is gonna try and do to Silva what he did to Marquardt. constant takedown pressure and try to gnp Silva to death.

kaps
04-15-2010, 08:13 PM
he doesn't fight like that anymore. I would think he is gonna try and do to Silva what he did to Marquardt. constant takedown pressure and try to gnp Silva to death.

To beat Silva that's all you can do IMO. Maintain a good top position and land shots when you can. I wouldn't play in his guard to much though...

Danny Gunz
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM

That whole card may have been wasted by silva's performance. Dana held the card in the Middle East to expand his market, but do you think another card over there will be popular after the last one?

Silva is detrimental to the whole business when he does things like that.

Mozza
04-17-2010, 03:56 PM
That whole card may have been wasted by silva's performance. Dana held the card in the Middle East to expand his market, but do you think another card over there will be popular after the last one?

Silva is detrimental to the whole business when he does things like that.

To be fair, there were other **** fights on the card which contributed to the underwhelming feeling which characterised the card, at least one of which was totally avoidable.