View Full Version : [LMAO!] Chhhoooo Chhhoooo. All aboard the camp Penn excuse train.

Counter Punch
04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Excuse: Sinus infection.

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=3652

http://www.5thround.com/31812/bj-penn-had-sinus-infection-and-on-antibiotics-in-loss-to-frankie-edgar/

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_4902.shtml

Why can't this guy just lose? It's always something. I think people need to realize that Penn is not as elite as people think. He's 6-4 in his last 10 fights. That's a 60% win ratio.

Just for comparison to the pound for pound kings:

Georges St Pierre is 9-1

Fedor Emelianenko is 10-0

Anderson Silva is 10-0

Lyoto Machida is 10-0

Counter Punch
04-14-2010, 10:25 AM
This train is never late

kaps
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Yes BJ makes excuses, but 6-4 thing really isn't fair concidering he's only lost to 1 lightweight. While I don't agree with the decision I won't complain about it other than the fact one judge scored the bout 50-45, a score that Stevie Wonder could see is incorrect...

-Swizzy-
04-14-2010, 12:39 PM
it was a very close fight. I scored the fight for Edgar but I think the fight could have gone either way.

Penn deserves an immediate rematch.

Eric Holder
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Penn can be a sore loser but at least he actually challenges himself by going up in weight and taking risks

F l i c k e r
04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Penn can be a sore loser but at least he actually challenges himself by going up in weight and taking risks

This........

But Penn is a big sore loser though.

MetalVomit
04-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes BJ makes excuses, but 6-4 thing really isn't fair concidering he's only lost to 1 lightweight. While I don't agree with the decision I won't complain about it other than the fact one judge scored the bout 50-45, a score that Stevie Wonder could see is incorrect...

yeah, i thought it was a tossup, no robbery either way, but 50-45? some judges in mma need to stop taking notes from boxing judges.

TheNegation
04-15-2010, 01:00 PM

The risks he takes hardly ever bring reward.

The fact that Penn takes these risks is why he loses fights so much.

BJ is the victim of his own ballsy-ness. If he was more of a thinker and a strategist and took things more seriously from the get go, He may have beat GSP and Hughes in their rematch or at least they would have been more competitive affairs.

A smarter fighter would have pulled out against Edgar if he indeed did have a sinus infection, but BJ being ballsy and likely overconfident in his ability, lost him the fight, and dropped him from possibly #4 on P4P to #10 and he has nobody to blame but himself for that.

kaps
04-15-2010, 01:05 PM
The thing that cracks me up about BJ is that whenever he talks **** he gets beat.
"I'll never quit, I'll fight to the death." - Quits between rounds after getting mauled by GSP
"Real champions finish fights." - Loses a decision....

Cuauhtémoc1520
04-15-2010, 03:01 PM
How old is BJ? time catches up to everyone, he's just not the same fighter he once was and the fighters are always the last to know.

1 on 1
04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
How old is BJ? time catches up to everyone, he's just not the same fighter he once was and the fighters are always the last to know. Penn is in his early 30's. Am still shocked though(i didn't see the fight), even though I respect Edgar's game, just thought the bigger, more experienced guy, and in certain areas much stronger would be enough.

$BloodyNate$
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow this is just ridiculous. Anybody who actually follows BJ and watches all of his fights would know BJ did not look the same that night so it doesn't surprise me he had a sickness. Not to mention THAT WAS NOT ****ING BJ PENN WHO SAID THAT, IT WAS HIS TRAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!

6-4 in his last 2? Get the f out of here. 2 of them were too one of the top 3 pound for pound fighters in the world GSP, how the f are you going to hold that against him? Not to mention he was out of shape against Hughes and GSP(the 1st time) and was whooping both their asses in the 1st 2 rounds of those fights but gassed.

I also scored the fight for BJ I thought he took the 1st 3 rounds. All edgar did really was that 2 second takedown on BJ which should really count for nothing since BJ got right back up. Bj landed cleaner, end of story. watch the fight and count each round how many BJ lands clean and then Edgar lands. Its a classic case of who lands the more effective strikes vs the more active fighter. Like Calzaghe-Hopkins. Except its not like Edgar threw that much more then Bj like Calzaghe did to hopkins.

Counter Punch
04-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Wow this is just ridiculous. Anybody who actually follows BJ and watches all of his fights would know BJ did not look the same that night so it doesn't surprise me he had a sickness.

More excuses.

Not to mention THAT WAS NOT ****ING BJ PENN WHO SAID THAT, IT WAS HIS TRAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why I said camp Penn

6-4 in his last 2?

Get the f out of here. 2 of them were too one of the top 3 pound for pound fighters in the world GSP, how the f are you going to hold that against him?

Because I can. He did fine in the first Hughes and GSP fights.

Not to mention he was out of shape against Hughes and GSP(the 1st time)

More excuses

and was whooping both their asses in the 1st 2 rounds of those fights but gassed.

The rematches count more.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IAPsYFC5liU/SYiaNK_bpMI/AAAAAAAAAb8/cfqKzEclefs/s400/bj+penn+georges+st+pierre.bmp

I also scored the fight for BJ I thought he took the 1st 3 rounds. All edgar did really was that 2 second takedown on BJ which should really count for nothing since BJ got right back up. Bj landed cleaner, end of story. watch the fight and count each round how many BJ lands clean and then Edgar lands. Its a classic case of who lands the more effective strikes vs the more active fighter. Like Calzaghe-Hopkins. Except its not like Edgar threw that much more then Bj like Calzaghe did to hopkins.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/01/Ept_sports_mma_experts-544525536-1270928667.jpg/225px-Ept_sports_mma_experts-544525536-1270928667.jpg

$BloodyNate$
04-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Because you can? Thats definitely just a hater then.

And their not excuses, it's fact. You can't tell me somebody wouldn't do better in a fight if they weren't in better shape. Nobody's taking anything away from GSP or Hughes. They beat him fair and square. But to say he was at his best is ridiculous too. And you don't make any sense. The BJ was whoopin Hughes ass in the 1st 2 rounds in the REMATCH. And your going to bring up the 1st GSP fight as a loss in one of those last 10 but then say it doesn't mean that match? Contradicting much?

Counter Punch
04-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Because you can? Thats definitely just a hater then.

No. You're just delusional

And their not excuses, it's fact. You can't tell me somebody wouldn't do better in a fight if they weren't in better shape.

Part of being an elite fighter is being in shape. BJ is a pudgy slob.

Nobody's taking anything away from GSP or Hughes. They beat him fair and square.

Agreed

But to say he was at his best is ridiculous too. And you don't make any sense.

Like I said, being in shape is part of being great which BJ is not.

The BJ was whoopin Hughes ass in the 1st 2 rounds in the REMATCH. And your going to bring up the 1st GSP fight as a loss in one of those last 10 but then say it doesn't mean that match? Contradicting much?

No, I didn't contradict myself. They're both losses. I never said it doesn't mean much. I said the rematch meant more. BJ was just as much as a slob in the first fight as he was the second fight. The difference is GSP became better while BJ didn't.