View Full Version : [LMAO!] One thing I love about Anderson-Maia.

F l i c k e r
04-14-2010, 12:06 AM
It reveals all the fake fans and removes them from the bandwagon. That is the thing I love about that fight. All the phony mofos will no longer ride the bandwagon. Because the guy who finished 10 of his last 12 fights is "boring".

It honestly brings a smile to my face. I would make a Sherdog account just to say this ****. War Anderson Silva!

http://i39.tinypic.com/206zxci.gif

tocayito1
04-14-2010, 12:08 AM
It reveals all the fake fans and removes them from the bandwagon. That is the thing I love about that fight. All the phony mofos will no longer ride the bandwagon. Because the guy who finished 10 of his last 12 fights is "boring".

It honestly brings a smile to my face. I would make a Sherdog account just to say this ****. War Anderson Silva!

http://i39.tinypic.com/206zxci.gif

**** yea but now all them gona jump on gsp bandwagon

F l i c k e r
04-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, thats true.

But I don't see the fickle fans staying on GSP's bandwagon for longer than 2 fights, if they thought Anderson was boring.

Bullrush
04-14-2010, 12:57 AM
he avoided the ground and still couldnt finish that maia clown on his feet. in the last round maia actually connected 4-5 haymakers right on the button, too bad there was no power behind those shots.

not sure what was up with silva but he is way better than that. he could have easily KOd maia in the first two rounds. it doesnt help that he says he did all he could and maia was just that good, thats horse ****

F l i c k e r
04-14-2010, 01:53 AM
he avoided the ground and still couldnt finish that maia clown on his feet. in the last round maia actually connected 4-5 haymakers right on the button, too bad there was no power behind those shots.

not sure what was up with silva but he is way better than that. he could have easily KOd maia in the first two rounds. it doesnt help that he says he did all he could and maia was just that good, thats horse ****

When you look for the kayo, it won't come. If you watch closely, Silva really did try to finish him but Maia literally ran away from the punches. Silva wasn't gonna go chase him, that's a bar fight not professional fighting. This isn't UFC 1.

He did do all he could, he wasn't going to go to the ground. Maia was running scared for his life. By the 5th round, Silva just said **** it. If Maia wasn't going to try to fight, he was through fighting him.

Maia should be condemned from MMA for his performance. What part of fighting did Maia do? Maia didn't even try taking the fight to his world, his specialty.

BG_Knocc_Out
04-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Why are people complaining about Silva? He was actually doing something, Maia wasn't. Maia was only making it difficult for Silva to finish him because all Maia did the entire fight was avoid fighting and keeping enough distance to where Silva couldn't do anything. They shouldn't be complaining about Silva, instead, it should be Maia.

Spartacus Sully
04-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Very painful fight to watch. I couldnt get past the first 3 rounds.

its like every 5 seconds your screaming at maia to actually do something and all you get is some wiggle in his lead arm before he backs away.

silva on the other hand does a wonderful job of shutting down and avoiding any kind of take down attempt while accurately picking apart maia brick by brick.

kaps
04-14-2010, 02:32 AM
I wasn't even a Silva fan before this fight. I always respected his ability though, even more so no...

smash973
04-14-2010, 03:16 AM
I agree completely T.S

Clegg
04-14-2010, 06:26 AM
It's not surprising to see.

I remember a while back people were calling Machida the best fighter in the world and some were picking him to beat Brock and Fedor. One bad performance and all of that was quickly forgotten.

Fight fans have short memories I guess, 'you're only as good as your last fight' as they say.

the traveler
04-14-2010, 07:42 AM
War Silva. His fight against Maia made me even more of a fan of his.

You're right about bandwagon fans, though. Before his first loss, people were swearing up and down that Maia would be the next mw champion. They thought if he ever faced Silva that he would take him down for sure and submit him. After 13 failed takedowns, we now know that's not the case. Hell, Wanderlei Silva himself at one point thought that Maia would be the next mw champ. One loss later, after getting kod by nate, the talk of Maia quickly died down.

Crazy how fickle some people are, huh?

Boss Don
04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Man Silva acted like a dumbass he taunts and tells a ground fighter to stand and fight him then when the guy hits him he runs around the cage for the rest of the fight I take nothing away from Anderson he is a great fighter but he showed his flaws he got hit clean a couple times with some good shots but Maia don't have no power if Vitor Belfort were to hit Anderson like that he will knock him out and that's what I think will happen if Silva vs Belfort ever happen Anderson is getting knocked out

F l i c k e r
04-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Man Silva acted like a dumbass he taunts and tells a ground fighter to stand and fight him then when the guy hits him he runs around the cage for the rest of the fight I take nothing away from Anderson he is a great fighter but he showed his flaws he got hit clean a couple times with some good shots but Maia don't have no power if Vitor Belfort were to hit Anderson like that he will knock him out and that's what I think will happen if Silva vs Belfort ever happen Anderson is getting knocked out

Vitor is way too damn aggressive. He will get put on ice quick. Anderson would put him out like he did Chris Leben.

It would be an entertaining fight though.

kaps
04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Vitor has handspeed that Anderson hasn't dealt with before though. Vitor is one of my favorite all time fighters, if he shows up in the right state of mind he could do some damage...

F l i c k e r
04-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Vitor has handspeed that Anderson hasn't dealt with before though. Vitor is one of my favorite all time fighters, if he shows up in the right state of mind he could do some damage...

If he is in the right state of mind, then I agree with you. But if he comes out swinging like King22 tried to imply. Then I don't see Vitor lasting very long.

Vitor is a smart guy though, so I don't expect him to fight Anderson like he did Wandy. :lol1: