View Full Version : Silva fires back at Dana

kaps
04-13-2010, 12:02 PM
From ATAMA's reporter Rudamire Moreno:

"I did what I needed to do, I'm not here to make excuses for anything. I did what I needed to do, my job was completed. First off, this is my job. The critics can say what they want. I'll keep training to get better, I don't having much more to say than that.

You all want to see a knockout in every fight, but it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't. It might seem easy to people who are watching, but the people who train every day know better.

I believe I did my job well... no, I don't just believe, I'm certain I did it well. I have a lot of good adversaries in this weight class, except that he was a Jiu-Jitsu opponent who didn't come to trade strikes. He only came looking to take me down. There came a point where he realized he couldn't do what he wanted to do. The fight finished and I maintained my strategy of hitting him and moving. Everybody who enters the cage respects each other and I take that very seriously. Demian came hear to do his job and so did I. We're all here to promote the event, but everything has to be planned out carefully, especially fights between Brazilians. When it comes to fighting an opponent of Demian's caliber, who is very dangerous on the ground, then you have to be very careful in your strategy."

"Maia disrespected me and I punished him for it. I don't owe the fans anything. I am the worlds champion and I know what it takes to stay on top. Some people that don't fight think that I owe Dana something. He owes me for the fights I have put on for him. He owes me a lot. Dana would not have had a show or turnout without me"

-Anderson Silva

More on the disrespect Maia showed him...
"I don't know what school he comes from, but in the school I came from I learned to have respect for all my opponents. I didn't arrive here disrespecting anybody. Any time an adversary disrespects me as a black belt, I will do to them like I did to Maia. Some people will like to see such a show and some won't, but he paid for the nonsense he was speaking before the fight."

Looks like Maia was talking **** about his Black belt from the Nogueras so he wanted to teach him a lesson. Maia has a broken orbital bone and a broken nose....

PackosCotto
04-13-2010, 12:23 PM
lol i love seing dana white pissed off ahahahha

Mozza
04-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Bollocks. I don't mind confidence, ****iness even, but Silva merely comes over as a conceited, arrogant cunt.

kbpoetree
04-13-2010, 01:02 PM
i like the fact that Dana wants gr8 fights all the time..but i also understand Silva and where he comen from..course in MMA u can lose a fight and still b respected unlike in boxing where u lose once and your considered a shot nobody lol

Living Legend
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Bollocks. I don't mind confidence, ****iness even, but Silva merely comes over as a conceited, arrogant cunt.

Have you ever fought somebody that challenged you, and once in the fight you quickly recognized your skill was superior to his? I have and that's what you do to him when he has talked the talk, you beat his a$$ and give him the business at the same time... Once maia realized it was an MMA Mixed Martial Arts fight and not a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu match why did he just staright up scrap like a man, and take his knockout like everyone else...?

Mozza
04-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Have you ever fought somebody that challenged you, and once in the fight you quickly recognized your skill was superior to his? I have and that's what you do to him when he has talked the talk, you beat his a$$ and give him the business at the same time... Once maia realized it was an MMA Mixed Martial Arts fight and not a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu match why did he just staright up scrap like a man, and take his knockout like everyone else...?

Why didn't Silva? For two rounds he done literally nothing and for me Maia clearly won the last round. The bottom line here is that Silva let himself, and everyone who watched that fight, down badly.

PackosCotto
04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Why didn't Silva? For two rounds he done literally nothing and for me Maia clearly won the last round. The bottom line here is that Silva let himself, and everyone who watched that fight, down badly.

are u kiddin me"? that maia did **** the hole fight, silva is a counter puncher, if u see the forrest griffin u see what silva like to do, maia would not take any chances, i saw the fight, he did absolutly nothing the hole fight except for a few takes downs, he threw no kicks, no punchs, why is everyone blaming silva? blame the challenger as hes suppose to go after the champ, silva is doing what a champ is suppose to do, sit back and enjoy the ride cause it ends fast at the top.

kaps
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM
In the fifth round, Maia threw 4 punches, Anderson threw 11...

Mozza
04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
In the fifth round, Maia threw 4 punches, Anderson threw 11...

I don't accept those figures but irrespective of that only one man deserved to win the round and it wasn't Silva.

Mozza
04-13-2010, 05:04 PM
are u kiddin me"? that maia did **** the hole fight, silva is a counter puncher, if u see the forrest griffin u see what silva like to do, maia would not take any chances, i saw the fight, he did absolutly nothing the hole fight except for a few takes downs, he threw no kicks, no punchs, why is everyone blaming silva? blame the challenger as hes suppose to go after the champ, silva is doing what a champ is suppose to do, sit back and enjoy the ride cause it ends fast at the top.

Listen I think Silva is a wonderful fighter but his behaviour varied between weird and disinterested which is unacceptable and I your defense of him is cringeworthy.

Junito-Rulez
04-13-2010, 06:14 PM
That's the reason why i think the cage is too damn big. If u refuse to engage, you can run around the whole night without getting hit. It should be as small as the PRIDE ring, so fighters can't run around alll night long.
I think it's one of the reason you had more entertaining fights in PRIDE.

It's funny that Silva thinks he doesn't owe anything to the fans. I mean he doesn't owe me anything, i don't pay to watch his fights. But ****k this guy owes a lot to the guys who pay 50 dollars to see the "best pound 4 pound fighter" and end up watching a guy figure skating the whole night.

Sn1
04-13-2010, 06:41 PM
round two, silva was htting maia at will and clowning at same time.
after that he just clowned and only won the rounds because maia wouldnt
commit to any punches until last round. and **** off, 4 punches...he LANDED
more than 4 and at least two flush on silvas chin.

yes maia didnt fight like a true challenger till round 5, but silva should of carried
on beating him up. if maias offensive was so pitiful, why didnt he do the same
**** he did in round 2, debunking anyones argument that silva can only counter.

u fans can buy his ****, we wont.

the traveler
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't accept those figures but irrespective of that only one man deserved to win the round and it wasn't Silva.

So you wont accept truth and facts but will go with opinions with no facts behind them? Maia landed one punch vs ten that silva had in the 4th round. In the 5th round he threw swung wildy and most of it didn't land. He also landed less punches than Silva that entire round.

Maia lost every single round in that fight.

the traveler
04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
round two, silva was htting maia at will and clowning at same time.
after that he just clowned and only won the rounds because maia wouldnt
commit to any punches until last round. and **** off, 4 punches...he LANDED
more than 4 and at least two flush on silvas chin.

yes maia didnt fight like a true challenger till round 5, but silva should of carried
on beating him up. if maias offensive was so pitiful, why didnt he do the same
**** he did in round 2, debunking anyones argument that silva can only counter.

u fans can buy his ****, we wont.

Both fight metric and the other site that tabulates mma fights both said that Silva landed more power shots and punches than Maia the entire fight. Nothing that Maia threw at Silva landed flush.

F l i c k e r
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I got love for Anderson either way. You guys hating the guy for an opponent who didn't want to fight, you guys are fools.

Maia didn't do jack ****. Literally, NOTHING. I don't want to disrespect the guy but really. If you don't want to fight, then dont do MMA. Go back to the ADCC stuff, continue winning there and doing your thing. Because MMA isn't just lay on your back and grapple.

His takedown attempts were half assed, not even looking at what he was shooting for. I swear, it was like he was shooting for Anderson's ankles the whole time. Even in BJJ you don't shoot in like that. Maia did maybe 2 at the most, legit takedowns that were stuffed. Then he started that flopping ****. He had Silva in a clinch against the cage and then flopped back. What the **** is that?

Mofos just blindly hatin. :nonono:

Tuggers1986
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM

Mate you cant be pissed off over that and then have Mayweather in your avatar.

Sn1
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Both fight metric and the other site that tabulates mma fights both said that Silva landed more power shots and punches than Maia the entire fight. Nothing that Maia threw at Silva landed flush.fightmetric is a pile of garbage. its not a computer, its a group of biased ****in douchebags.

goto sherdog.com and back up any argument with fightmetric, u will be trolled for a week.

i watched the fight..i never said maia won a round, i never said he outlanded anderson. but i did say he THREW more than 4 punches in round 5. he did.
and he definately landed 1 or 2 on the chin. completely flush. no doubt.

the traveler
04-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Anything saying something other than what you are saying is bull****, of course. Why not listen to you and ignore a reputable source such as fightmetric.

Fightmetric is infact not bull**** and the stats it showed about the fight have led many on sherdog to think that the penn fight was a lot closer than it was. I watched the 4th round myself. Maia threw barely any punches and it did not land flush at all.

In the 5th round he threw wild, messy punches that also did not land with significant force.

Sn1
04-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Anything saying something other than what you are saying is bull****, of course. Why not listen to you and ignore a reputable source such as fightmetric.

Fightmetric is infact not bull**** and the stats it showed about the fight have led many on sherdog to think that the penn fight was a lot closer than it was. I watched the 4th round myself. Maia threw barely any punches and it did not land flush at all.

In the 5th round he threw wild, messy punches that also did not land with significant force.Lol i read over 20+ pages of the fightmetric topic about penn. its mainly jokes aimed at the other penn fights fightmetric completely bull****ted on.

Maia threw barely any punches and it did not land flush at all.
Can u make up your mind?
maia has no power so a flush shot would land with insignificant force.
but do you agree some landed or not ? cause thats all im saying.

the traveler
04-13-2010, 07:42 PM
some punches landed, sure. I mean, Silva is not God. Maia landed 1, maybe 2 punches in the 4th round. Two different fight analysis websites stated the similar numbers. In the 5th round he threw crap. Swinging widly from his knees. He was also outstruck in that round.

People can say what they want, but the fact is that the numbers say that Maia never outstruck Silva a single round in that fight.

F l i c k e r
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
some punches landed, sure. I mean, Silva is not God. Maia landed 1, maybe 2 punches in the 4th round. Two different fight analysis websites stated the similar numbers. In the 5th round he threw crap. Swinging widly from his knees. He was also outstruck in that round.

People can say what they want, but the fact is that the numbers say that Maia never outstruck Silva a single round in that fight.

I could have sworn Maia threw like 6 punches the entire night. :dunno:

DR.ORGYY
04-13-2010, 08:05 PM
ill be back to read this later..........

kaps
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
I could have sworn Maia threw like 6 punches the entire night. :dunno:

Eleven......

Blair_Wells#32
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
i said awhile back that Anderson Silva was getting to ****y for his own good, he's pretty much turned into a mma diva :lol1: trying to tell dana white an joe silva who deserves a shot an who doesn't, mocking his opponents in the cage i've also become sick of and he needs to be humbled..unfortunately his next 2 contenders won't be able to do it Sonnen has some great take downs but for some reason i always see him getting tapped, Belfort has some fast hands but i think Silva has the better stand up an see Vitor going to sleep.
i've thought of 3 people that can take his Ego down a rung or two, the first ones pretty obvious GSP has the explosive takedowns to put Silva on his back and the BJJ BlackBelt to keep himself out of any subs Anderson can throw up at him, GSP regularly out wrestles bigger guys at the Jackson camp such as Marquardt and Rashad so i don't see Anderson Silva's size being a factor in their fight, an on a side note its no secret either that GSP has put on 6-8 pounds of muscle and plans on adding more so i'd pick GSP by Sub or UD if their fight were to happen.
The 2nd fighter is also at a different weight class an thats Rampage, he has the one punch KO power in either hand and one hell of a chin silva would stand an throw some combos at rampage all night but all rampage would need is that one shot to put him out,he also has the wrestling to put Silva on his ass an keep him there with some Ground an Pound and the Strength to power out of anything Silva can throw up at him submission wise.
the third is not as obvious or a big a star as the other two an i know i'll get laughed at for even saying he can beat Silva but i trully believe he can do it an is already in Silva's head, Patrick Cote already proved he can take Silva's best shots an keep moving forward, Silva hit Cote with Combo's, HeadKicks, Flying Knees and Knees from the Clinch and Cote kept coming for him i trully believe that got into Silva's head after all that and was glad Cote blew his knee out. and like Rampage i think Cote just needs that one Shot to put Silva down an then he'd rush in with a flurry to put Silva out and he has 5 rounds to get it.Cote is back training with GSP and apparently has a fight with Belcher next which i think he can win and he wants Bisping after that another fight i think he can win and maybe one more after that and Anderson Silva can't deny him a title shot after that.
if either of these guys get a fight with Silva i'd gladly put money down on them to beat Silva.

F l i c k e r
04-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Eleven......

And landed like what? 2 out of those 11?

That is really sad.

BlueberryMuffin
04-14-2010, 12:47 AM
I thought this story was fake, isn't the name of the magazine TATAME?

Anyways... good for Silva if this is true, stick it to the man.