View Full Version : I think Sonnen might be able to beat Silva

Spray_resistant
04-12-2010, 03:00 AM
I have watched a few of Sonnen's fights and kind of think of him in terms of a MMA version of Margarito kind of minus the plaster in some sense.

He is a fighter who is not really great in any 1 area other than putting alot of pressure and being a strong wrestler but good in all areas.

He may not be the natural athlete that Silva is but Sonnen from what I have seen is the kind of fighter that just keeps his workrate up and doesn't get discourage by anything the opponent does which would be key against Silva and seems like what happens to alot of Silva's opponents.

Another factor is that Silva has not been tested in along time and has clearly become overconfident.

Maybe Sonnen who from what I have seen has a good solid chin too, could keep the pressure on him like Silva has not seen in awhile make him doubt his ability, shake his confidence, and eventually wear him down mentally and physically for a stoppage if he can get a late round TD followed by G&P.

Either that or Sonnon's aggression could get him ko'd, in any case I don't see Silva being allowed the time and freedom of movement to just **** around like he has been recently in fights.

I hope this one happens down the road soon, any thoughts?

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Sonnen's a lil ***** who can't finish and screams and cries when **** doesn't go his way.

Bullrush
04-12-2010, 01:04 PM
sonnen gets submitted by everybody, if silva uses his BJJ he will submit him as well. sonnen is a good wrestler and silva struggled a little big against dan henderson so who knows. maybe he can grind it out and win via decision, depends on which anderson silva shows up. the clown or the fighter

the traveler
04-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Silva will embarass him and then after the fight people will complain that he's fighting cans and that Sonnen had no place in the ring with him.

wojosh6
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
ok, let's not get carried away just because anderson tends to be a douche bag in the octagon...he's still one of the deadliest fighters in there.