View Full Version : Just watched the silva fight

Danny Gunz
04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Wtf is wrong with silva man taht fight should have been over by the second round at least. He is such a clown i cant respect a fighter who disses the opponent and the fans like that.

snakey112
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
yeah, he's now more hated than brock lesnar was after UFC 100, and rightly so.

crillz
04-11-2010, 08:06 PM
People don't understand the plan was to humiliate him, to make it seem like it's pitiful for him to even be on his feet, he was ****ing with him the WHOLE time, he knew in his heart of hearts that he could have KO'ed Maia but he said no and instead decided to embarrass him.. he wanted to humiliate Maia for threatening to break his arm at the press conference and so he did, I don't understand the backlash especially when take in account the skills that he showed, he completely DOMINATED him, it was to a point where he had everyone wondering why he wasn't on his back yet, he wanted him to go threw all 5 rounds and piss him off, everyone including Maia knew he could knock him out but instead he chose to taunt him and humiliate him but he did do his job, he won unanimously and still deserves respect for that

Ekscape
04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Silvia is straight stuntin' on these fools because no one is gonna beat him... I love watching it it's straight hilarious, hey if he opponents don't like it then why don't they do something about it? Oh yeah because when they do they get KTFO... GSP will be next to get his ass handled and humiliated

MJ406
04-11-2010, 09:57 PM
watching the fight again (made it past the second round this time)

and honestly my opinion is changing a bit.

at first my stance was

1. eff this, Silva's taunting way too much and should engauge more .. Maia has no stand up, why doesn't Silva just press him

to

2. okay Maia didn't commit to a single punch in the first round, and as the fight wore on Silva got increasingly frustrated at Maia's refusal to engauge

**but what I don't get is whenver Anderson pressed he landed his strikes solid, rather then get all pissy, why not continue to press and finish your opponent off?

TheNegation
04-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Silvia is straight stuntin' on these fools because no one is gonna beat him... I love watching it it's straight hilarious, hey if he opponents don't like it then why don't they do something about it? Oh yeah because when they do they get KTFO... GSP will be next to get his ass handled and humiliated

Please jump off a cliff but make sure to light yourself on fire first so it hurts more on the way down.

Anderson is a clown. He robbed the fans, he spoiled the UFC's first event in the middle east, he acted like a retard, and insulted Maia, and still feels no reason to apologize for his 7 year old behavior which just so happens to match his voice.

A champion doesn't act like that. I can deal with showboating, but he can't even ****ing do it right.

**** Silva and **** Soares.

Ekscape
04-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Please jump off a cliff but make sure to light yourself on fire first so it hurts more on the way down.

Anderson is a clown. He robbed the fans, he spoiled the UFC's first event in the middle east, he acted like a retard, and insulted Maia, and still feels no reason to apologize for his 7 year old behavior which just so happens to match his voice.

A champion doesn't act like that. I can deal with showboating, but he can't even ****ing do it right.

**** Silva and **** Soares.

Okay, why doesn't a fighter in ufc do something about his clowning around then?... Oh wait, oh yeah no one can beat him I forgot lmao

TheNegation
04-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Okay, why doesn't a fighter in ufc do something about his clowning around then?... Oh wait, oh yeah no one can beat him I forgot lmao

Just because nobody can beat him doesn't give him the right to act like a retard and rob people of the money they paid to watch the event.

Like I said, a champion doesn't act like this.

Spray_resistant
04-12-2010, 03:43 AM
Silva didn't make any fans thats for sure and should have tried to be more entertaining for the crowd who makes it possible for him to make the money he makes.

At the same time, its somewhat UFC's fault for not finding him better comp.

He can't clown on opponents if he is struggling and being tested, so he will be forced to fight and the fans get what they want whether Silva dominates or not.

TheNegation
04-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Silva didn't make any fans thats for sure and should have tried to be more entertaining for the crowd who makes it possible for him to make the money he makes.

At the same time, its somewhat UFC's fault for not finding him better comp.

He can't clown on opponents if he is struggling and being tested, so he will be forced to fight and the fans get what they want whether Silva dominates or not.

I don't think there was really anyone else deserving and relevant to challenge Anderson. Vitor was injured, Sonnen was suspended for injuries sustained during his fight with Nate, Okami was already scheduled to fight before 112, Kang is gone, Wanderlei had already fought, Bisping sucks and already fought.

Maia was the only real logical choice for an opponent.

My logic says, if he can toy and clown Maia that easy he should have been able to finish it. But he seems content with being a piece of ****.

Spray_resistant
04-12-2010, 04:03 AM
I don't think there was really anyone else deserving and relevant to challenge Anderson. Vitor was injured, Sonnen was suspended for injuries sustained during his fight with Nate, Okami was already scheduled to fight before 112, Kang is gone, Wanderlei had already fought, Bisping sucks and already fought.

Maia was the only real logical choice for an opponent.

My logic says, if he can toy and clown Maia that easy he should have been able to finish it. But he seems content with being a piece of ****.

Its unprofessional what he did and makes the sport look really bad him being one of its biggest names, especially when it is still a relatively new world wide sport and it does not need is a guy clowning around when he apparently could easily take someone out.

kaps
04-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Why does GSP get a pass and Silva's a "piece of ****?"

the traveler
04-12-2010, 09:20 AM

Seriously, man. The maia fight actually proved just how good he is. Maia is known for his takedowns and bjj and through 5 rounds he did not get a single takedown against Silva. Count 'em --0.

I don't see Silva losing ever in his present state. Only way he loses is if he fights machida or he gets way too old and really loses his skills.

TheNegation
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM

GSP tried to finish the fight and wasn't acting like a moron. He just couldn't do it. Anderson Silva was running around the cage looking like an adolescent idiot. Thats the difference.

TheNegation
04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Maia is known for his takedowns

Is this some kind of joke?

MJ406
04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Just because nobody can beat him doesn't give him the right to act like a retard and rob people of the money they paid to watch the event.

Like I said, a champion doesn't act like this.

yeah I agree with the bold .. everyone on s-dog is giving Silva a pass because he's fighting inferior competition, but if that's the case Silva should up his game and look to take the guy out

if you read my original post, and saw the first 2 rounds Anderson could land at will and Maia had no chance at defending his strikes

sure Silva is known as more of a counter striker, but against someone like Maia, who is clearly a fish out of water in regards to the stand up why not press him more .. rather then taunt excessively?

and I agree, showboating is a part of the sport, but Anderson was a bit over the top with it, and as a Champion he should conduct himself in a better manner.

**post fight interview, says he's never disrespected his opponent in the octagon .. what a load of crap

At the same time, its somewhat UFC's fault for not finding him better comp

^ I think someone went over this but with Belfort his original opponent out with surgery and unable to fight, Sonnen the guy next in line on medical suspension .. who else could have stepped up @ 185?

**and if Anderson is really doing this whole clownery to "send a message" to Dana and the higher powers at UFC to match him with better opposition I don't think this is the best way to go about it as

1. it's pissing off Dana, the fans, and most all other MMA related people.

2. a dominant win, but poor performance hurts the stock of Silva and makes himself look bad. Not discrediting the win, but their is such a term as winning impressively.

well I wouldn't go as far as calling Silva a POS, but St. Pierre gets a pass because to my understanding in his fights, at least from what I've seen of GSP he doesn't disrespect his opponent in the ring.

**when have you seen St. Pierre shout/cuss and all the other showboating theatrics that go with it at his opponent?

the only legit criticism you could hold against GSP is that his last fight was boring. He just took his opponent down over and over again to a UD.

compare that ^ to taunting and disrespecting the opponent, and it's easy to see.

kaps
04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Chuck Liddell said it best. "It's frustrating as a striker when your opponent doesn't engage you." Why Should Silva take a risk when he's winning if his opponent only THREW 11 PUNCHES THE ENTIRE FIGHT!

TheNegation
04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Chuck Liddell said it best. "It's frustrating as a striker when your opponent doesn't engage you." Why Should Silva take a risk when he's winning if his opponent only THREW 11 PUNCHES THE ENTIRE FIGHT!

As a guy who is claimed by many to be the best striker in the sport, I don't see it being much of a risk to engage a grappler.

Do you?

kaps
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
As a guy who is claimed by many to be the best striker in the sport, I don't see it being much of a risk to engage a grappler.

Do you?

Sure, a guy who's been subbed a few time and has problems with people controlling him on the ground yeah, i guess your right, he should go in guns blazing and get caught coming forward and end up on his back against a BJJ world champion. That would be the smart thing to do. I always thought you where pretty objective from reading your posts but it's pretty apparent that you just hate Silva for no other reason than people think he's better than GSP....

TheNegation
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Sure, a guy who's been subbed a few time and has problems with people controlling him on the ground yeah, i guess your right, he should go in guns blazing and get caught coming forward and end up on his back against a BJJ world champion. That would be the smart thing to do. I always thought you where pretty objective from reading your posts but it's pretty apparent that you just hate Silva for no other reason than people think he's better than GSP....

I've always hated Silva since he left Chute Boxe he's been a pompous douchebag. Although I've enjoyed watching him fight, he's made me hate him for that reason now too. It has nothing to with GSP.

Anderson is an intelligent enough striker to be able to avoid Maia's ****ty or non-existent takedowns.

I find it funny how people think Anderson would KO GSP before he could get him down, but engaging Maia who couldn't hold GSP's jockstrap in the wrestling department could.

kaps
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I've always hated Silva since he left Chute Boxe he's been a pompous douchebag. Although I've enjoyed watching him fight, he's made me hate him for that reason now too. It has nothing to with GSP.

Anderson is an intelligent enough striker to be able to avoid Maia's ****ty or non-existent takedowns.

I find it funny how people think Anderson would KO GSP before he could get him down, but engaging Maia who couldn't hold GSP's jockstrap in the wrestling department could.

See, I don't think Anderson could shake a gsp double leg so easily, but you're letting your personal opinion of the dude cloud your judgement of the Maia fight. It's no secret that Anderson Silva is a dick, but Maia did less than Silva did in that ****ing snoozefest of a fight. The only entertaining thing IMO was Silva actin a fool and Mirgliotta making up rules...

badboy125
04-12-2010, 03:19 PM
this fight silva dancing around like a *** get a life a knock the guy out.

F l i c k e r
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
this fight silva dancing around like a *** get a life a knock the guy out.

How can you say this when you got two guys in your sig who did and does the same ****? :dunno:

MJ406
04-12-2010, 10:48 PM

fair enough .. Demien Maia said himself that he didn't throw a single strike in round one.

I can definitely see Silva getting tired of engaging after round 3 .. especially when he already won those 3 rounds .. making a successful submission attempt the only realistic option for Maia Anderson can just run out the clock so to speak

but again Silva could land on the guy at will, im still very puzzled as to why he didn't use more educated pressure and try for the finish.

**because Silva isn't very wreckless in regards to his striking.