The Contender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Contender

Anyone else watch this?

Sergio Mora is a good fighter, and i like the "epic" way they portray the fights.

Yes i wacthed this show Sergio is the best "fighter" on the show i think manfredo is a better boxer. The contender is not like real boxing were the boxer get 3 months to train in the contender they only get 4 days to train for a fight this is why i thonk the show was more desinged for a tough fighter like sergio.

Comment

ishe was the best fighter there because i think he beat sergio

Comment

Originally posted by samdadonsdd
        ishe was the best fighter there because i think he beat sergio
        It was close, but i still would have gave it to sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stroundKO
          It was close, but i still would have gave it to sergio.
          u biter. u stole my name

Comment

Honestly, I really liked the show.. For someone who has only ever watched boxing and never actually taken part I thought it was interesting to see the pre fight rituals and how much it means to these guys...

Re the finale (which was crap by the way) for some reason Manfredo just fought a really weird game plan.. Leaning in all the time instead of trying to box Mora..

None of these guys are really 'Contenders' anyway though and some of the boxing on display was pretty poor...

I hope they bring the series back for another year but I hope they make quite a few changes to the format also.. Less family fluff and more fighting/training & analysis...

Comment

Agreed

They are in talk about brining back the conetender was a great show finaly a little flavor to the sceen of boxing from a short round display.
              The Nbc and sly are in consolt about for next season right now they have a poll out about who a remtach should be between fighter alfonso gomez or manfredo jr.
              Also recent replys to the next conetder for upcoming season espn has recently had intrest in sponsering the show! so keep and eye open i think this is just going to get better!

Comment

All the Black and Asian fighters didnt make it!!

Ishe Lost
                Najai - Died
                Reid - Lost
                Ahmed - Lost
                Juan - Pulled out

not causing any tension .. but i reckon its like Rubin Carter case of judging in boxing especially in Contender!!

Comment

and another thing, i think that british fighters would beat any fighter in the Contender, this is becuase we are naturally tougher!! lol lol lol

Comment

next time i hope they bring in top 10 fighters... id like to see part 2

Comment

Working...
                    X