View Full Version : The Anderson Silva double standard....

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:14 PM
The fights between Silva/Maia and Silva/Leites where practically identical with the exception that Silva punked Maia in their bout. What I don't understand is why everyone jumped all over Leites' ****, blamed him, and he got kicked out of the UFC for there fight, and nobody is blaming Maia for basically doing the same thing?

http://i42.tinypic.com/33xj3oo.gif

Also there is a double standard with some of GSP's fans, they will ***** about Silva's not wanting to go to the ground but praise GSP's ground control of Hardy all day. I'm a bigger fan of GSP but come on now....

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I also believe that he fights down to the level of his opposition. If you put someone in there with him that's afraid, and passive (Cote, Leites, Maia) this will keep on happening. But if you put aggresive fighters in there that will challenge him (Hendo,Forrest, Franklin, etc) he will OBLITERATE them....

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Maybe cause it happened the second time and they are tired of seeing it from Silva and so are now attacking him.

It's fair to say that he gets bored easily. Even before the whole Cotes, Leites, Maia fights, he's been known to dance around in the ring and showboat. He feeds off of guys that can challenge him.

I'm pretty damn good at scrabble. I know when I play a really low ranking opponent that I really don't try that hard. I mean, why would I need to? I tend to have several close games against people I should be blowing out because I underestimate them and play uninspired against them.

The one bad thing about doing that and doing what silva is doing is that one day you may get caugh with a douglas/tyson type deal.

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:31 PM
by the way, mad props of the gif. What was that, monkey style? lol Silva's great hahaha

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Here is a picture of what Silva's dancing does to people...

http://i40.tinypic.com/n6t4x.png

-Swizzy-
04-10-2010, 11:36 PM
The fights between Silva/Maia and Silva/Leites where practically identical with the exception that Silva punked Maia in their bout. What I don't understand is why everyone jumped all over Leites' ****, blamed him, and he got kicked out of the UFC for there fight, and nobody is blaming Maia for basically doing the same thing?

Also there is a double standard with some of GSP's fans, they will ***** about Silva's not wanting to go to the ground but praise GSP's ground control of Hardy all day. I'm a bigger fan of GSP but come on now....

are you failing to see the pattern here? Cote, Leites, Maia... all almost identically boring fights. are silva's opponents to blame in all 3 situations? c'mon.

GSP might be boring, but there are 3 big differences between GSP and Silva:
1. GSP presses the fight 100% of the time. He is ALWAYS trying some kind of offensive maneuver. His fights are never in limbo.

2. he doesn't taunt or embarrass his opponents

3. He admits when he is boring. He doesn't arrogantly declare his victory as perfect or completely satisfactory like silva does.

this comparison between Silva and GSP is nonsense.

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:40 PM
are you failing to see the pattern here? Cote, Leites, Maia... all almost identically boring fights. are silva's opponents to blame in all 3 situations? c'mon.

GSP might be boring, but there are 3 big differences between GSP and Silva: 1. GSP presses the fight 100% of the time. He is ALWAYS trying some kind of offensive maneuver. His fights are never in limbo.

3. He admits when he is boring. He doesn't arrogantly declare his victory as perfect or completely satisfactory like silva does.

1. I'd rather watch Silva dance than GSP Transition 100 times without throwing a strike. Both = Boring IMO.

2. This is why I like GSP more than Silva, but if Hardy wasn't embarrassed with his performance he should've been.

3. He caters to the crowd, he lets the meat heads get to him, Silva just don't give a ****....

All that being said I really hope they fight, I still pick GSP to win, Silva won't be able to shrug off GSP's takedowns like that...

yessuh
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM

GSP might be boring, but there are 3 big differences between GSP and Silva: 1. GSP presses the fight 100% of the time. He is ALWAYS trying some kind of offensive maneuver. His fights are never in limbo.

Good post.

Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Here's the TRUE Top 3 p4p rankings:

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Silva

F l i c k e r
04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Its a rediculous double standard at that.

Silva is doing everything to get the opponent to fight him and they just don't fight. How can anyone legitimately defend a person who ****ing flops on the ground for no ****ing reason as if Silva is going to follow him there. Leitas and Maia both flopped on the ground doing dumbass ****. Cote on the other hand stood up but he didn't want to engage, the ****er feinted and tore his own ****, how sad do you have to be to beat yourself without throwing a punch?

I don't see how people can blame, hate, or diss Silva for his performances when the man has his hands down and just stands there like a statue and the other guy doesn't do a damn thing.

I also don't get how people are calling him a dirtbag or like Swizzy said, arrogant. When before this fight, everyone and their grandma would say Silva is one of the most humble guys in MMA. Just makes ZERO sense.

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Good post.

Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Here's the TRUE Top 3 p4p rankings:

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Silva

I'd still like to see GSP move weights and have success like Silva does....

-Swizzy-
04-10-2010, 11:52 PM
1. I'd rather watch Silva dance than GSP Transition 100 times without throwing a strike. Both = Boring IMO.

2. This is why I like GSP more than Silva, but if Hardy wasn't embarrassed with his performance he should've been.

3. He caters to the crowd, he lets the meat heads get to him, Silva just don't give a ****....

All that being said I really hope they fight, I still pick GSP to win, Silva won't be able to shrug off GSP's takedowns like that...

so you'd rather watch Dancing with the Stars than an MMA fight?:alucard:

Silva has 1 plan, and if that plan isn't working, he starts crying. if this just happened once maybe it could be ignored, but this isn't the first time. Thats why Dana is now mad at Anderson. If this was the first incident, I'm sure Dana and everyone else would be pissed at Maia but considering that the common denominator in the 3 most boring fights in MMA history, is Anderson Silva, than he is the OBVIOUS culprit.

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
so you'd rather watch Dancing with the Stars than an MMA fight?

Silva has 1 plan, and if that plan isn't working, he starts crying. if this just happened once maybe it could be ignored, but this isn't the first time. Thats why Dana is now mad at Anderson. If this was the first incident, I'm sure Dana and everyone else would be pissed at Maia but considering that the common denominator in the 3 most boring fights in MMA history, is Anderson Silva, than he is the OBVIOUS culprit.

Look at what dancing with the stars did the Maia's face. I think Hardy had some mat burn from his fight with GSP. If you think those are the 3 most boring fights in MMA history you've obviously barely started watching MMA. I seen a complete dominant victory tonight. Silva was just as Dominate in this fight as GSP was in the Hardy fight, and Maia is just as responsible for the fight being boring as Hardy was in the GSP fight...

the traveler
04-11-2010, 12:04 AM
don't take anything that kswizzy says about anderson silva seriously. You have to question to ability of someone to remain objective when they have said that they hate the very thing they are making judgements on. kswizzy, like bute, is an idiot.

the traveler
04-11-2010, 12:07 AM
thats funny cuz my friend and I were saying the same thing during the fight. Silva is the biggest *******/*****. The fight was boring because of him, not Maia, but Silva was trying to make Maia look like the ass. **** Silva. I hate him. I'll be rooting against him in every fight from now on.

Like I said, don't take anything that kswizzy says about Silva seriously. He's a ***** just like everyone in his ancestory. He thinks like a jealous female.

kaps
04-11-2010, 12:09 AM
No need for name calling bro..

the traveler
04-11-2010, 12:12 AM
STFU you retarded asian midget. You *******s make me sick. Yall don't know jack **** about boxing.

and bute is most likely a racist. The *** had the nerve to ask me if I'm black because I was defending Silva.

Hey, a *** is a ***, man. I could call him by his real name, but then again, when it is synonymous with ******, why bother?

-Swizzy-
04-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Look at what dancing with the stars did the Maia's face. I think Hardy had some mat burn from his fight with GSP. If you think those are the 3 most boring fights in MMA history you've obviously barely started watching MMA. I seen a complete dominant victory tonight. Silva was just as Dominate in this fight as GSP was in the Hardy fight, and Maia is just as responsible for the fight being boring as Hardy was in the GSP fight...

Silva is at fault. You can't blame his opponents anymore. when this kind of thing happens 3 times, you gotta put blame on Silva. He has to find another game plan besides counter-punching.

the traveler
04-11-2010, 12:30 AM
^^^ lol let's listen to the douchebag..oh, I'm sorry, listen listen to the kswizzy or is it douchebag? I'm confused, that has already stated that he hates silva to make rational judgements.

Dude, you are a tool. i've told you this many of times. I have owned you over and over again. Stop posting, man.

kaps
04-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Silva is at fault. You can't blame his opponents anymore. when this kind of thing happens 3 times, you gotta put blame on Silva. He has to find another game plan besides counter-punching.

Chuck tried another gameplan besides counter punching. How did that work out for him?

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/rashad-evans-knocks-out-chuck-liddell.jpg

http://www.portfolioweekly.com/Media/PublicationsArticle/liddell.jpg

http://www.tatame.com/imagensup/5159/1240247607.g.jpg

The difference is Silva don't let the boo birds get to him, if you're going to beat Silva you have to bring it to him and score. Otherwise you're getting koed or its gonna be like the Maia, Leites, Cote fights...

-Swizzy-
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Chuck tried another gameplan besides counter punching. How did that work out for him?

The difference is Silva don't let the boo birds get to him, if you're going to beat Silva you have to bring it to him and score. Otherwise you're getting koed or its gonna be like the Maia, Leites, Cote fights...

so Maia and Leites have KO power?

Even mayweather gets **** for being boring, but if mayweather's opponent starts to run, mayweather will bring the fight to him. this is the basic rule of strike combat, counter the aggresive fighter, and be aggressive with a defensive fighter. Silva wasn't being aggressive when maia was being defensive. a lot of times, Maia wasn't even in the position to take Silva down and Silva would still just run around like a clown.

kaps
04-11-2010, 12:42 AM
so Maia and Leites have KO power?

Even mayweather gets **** for being boring, but if mayweather's opponent starts to run, mayweather will bring the fight to him. this is the basic rule of strike combat, counter the aggresive fighter, and be aggressive with a defensive fighter. Silva wasn't being aggressive when maia was being defensive. a lot of times, Maia wasn't even in the position to take Silva down and Silva would still just run around like a clown.

So what damaged Maia's face then? You're judging the fight off of 2 rounds.....

-Swizzy-
04-11-2010, 12:50 AM
So what damaged Maia's face then? You're judging the fight off of 2 rounds.....

I only saw the first 3 round and like a couple seconds of the 4th round. coincidentally, Dana stormed out in the 4th round as well. Me it was mostly cuz I wanted to play some ball and got frustrated that I waited to see the Silva fight and there was a good 5on5 full court game going at the park across my street.

and any one of Silva's pot shots could have damaged his face. that doesn't mean it wasn't a boring fight and that Silva couldn't finish it.

kaps
04-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Not taking chances is why he and GSP are still champs IMO.....

-Swizzy-
04-11-2010, 12:57 AM

every top fighter should have Fedor's mentality.

he has all the tools and puts his own ass on the line to put on a great show. Thats why Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter IMO.

kaps
04-11-2010, 01:07 AM
every top fighter should have Fedor's mentality.

he has all the tools and puts his own ass on the line to put on a great show. Thats why Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter IMO.

I can agree with this. I just think the Anderson bashing is a little heavy and can't actually believe that people didn't expect this fight to turn out this way....

-Swizzy-
04-11-2010, 01:18 AM
I can agree with this. I just think the Anderson bashing is a little heavy and can't actually believe that people didn't expect this fight to turn out this way....

I expected the fight to sort of be like this, but not as bad as this. I knew about Silva's past and how he fights sometimes but I thought maybe he would change that knowing how unwatchable some of his fights were... but he didn't.

I think ppl have every right to be hard on him because he is in a position of responsibility, and he isn't being responsible. He is not only making his opponents and himself look silly, he is making the fans look silly by ignoring their pleas for more.

I hope Dana finds a solution to all this.

MJ406
04-11-2010, 02:18 AM

yeah a lot of truth to this.

but having seen the other Silva fights that were criticized as boring (Cote, Leites) this was I feel Anderson taunted a whole lot more in.

yes Silva landed some good leg kicks and even a good knee in the one of the early rounds, but all the taunting made it very embarrassing to watch .. if a fighter was taunting and easily losing the fight wouldn't he look like a tool?

and shouldn't the same apply if the fighter is winning easily?

**Silva really needs to cut down on the taunting ...as he makes himself look like a gigantic tool.

here's how one article saw the fight.

"The highlights for Silva, though, lessened as the fight wore on and he spent more time mocking Maia and making a jackass of himself."

sL0
04-11-2010, 04:20 AM
He was basically emulating Roy Jones. Roy would do this to other fighters who weren't on his level. He would carry the fight to a decision. At any time, he could've pressed the issue and ended a fight. Same thing with Silva....he's making a mockery of the middleweight division so to speak. The way he "toys" with fighters is crazy. He was playing in there and still busted his opponent up, unreal. It's time to get him in the octagon with someone who will push him.

Stalaggh
04-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Its embarrassing really, why the clowning around, the disrespect, thats bull**** really. Yeah he busted his face up, but really, why run away from a fighter that has almost zero striking ability and is one big blow away from KO. Leites got the bashing because he was pulling guard every single time and didn't want to fight really. Maia atleast tried shooting in countless times, he knows he isn't fast enough or skillful enough on the feet to do something so shooting in was his only option. How can you expect Maia to do more on the feet if he knows he isn't fast enough or skillful to catch Silva by rushing in to hit him, there is no excuse for Silva for doing this.

Boxin'
04-11-2010, 04:58 AM

Why change his style when he wins fights?

MetalVomit
04-11-2010, 10:05 AM
maybe I'm not as "schooled" in the sport, but to me, Anderson was DARING Maia to do something, with no reprucussions. He knew the only chance he had to lose was being on the ground , he stayed on his feet, and Maia did NOTHING about it. Was it kind of a dick move to posture so much? yes, but, if your opponent is not going to make you pay for it, can't really blame him. Plus it was funny.

BannedBooksRule
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Since when did the goal become to entertain?

Hes trying to win a fight.

He should fight any way he sees fit.

-Rab
04-11-2010, 05:04 PM

Aren't you the one always *****ing about how boring Floyd is and his style?

BannedBooksRule
04-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Aren't you the one always *****ing about how boring Floyd is and his style?

No, I rarely, if ever mention anything about his style or how boring he is.

I can't make complaints about what works for anyone in regards to how they choose to fight.

I critique his selection of opponents though.

-Rab
04-11-2010, 05:33 PM
No, I rarely, if ever mention anything about his style or how boring he is.

I can't make complaints about what works for anyone in regards to how they choose to fight.

I critique his selection of opponents though.

Oh allright, Understood.

P4PGOAT
04-12-2010, 05:59 AM

agreed. everyone wants to see exciting fights, but it seems that many fans are more interested in show business than sports and should probably stick to pro wrestling.