View Full Version : Silva is a god

the traveler
04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm just watching this fight. Almost done with the second. I can totally see how Dana would be mad about this. Anderson is acting like a thug in the ring. It's the whole white man/black man thing. Trying to control your actions.

I love what anderson is doing. This fight only shows how great he is. To be able to do the stuff he is doing against a bjj master and good fighter like demian only proves that he's the greatest.

the traveler
04-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Obviously, Silva believes that when you are fighting a champion that you have to come after the champion, not vice versa. I think that explains his jesturing to maia to bring the fight. After the second round I think he just got bored and decided to let time run out.

He's got other motives other than knocking maia out. Obviously, he's trying to prove a point.

kaps
04-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I though the first 3 rounds where entertaining, I was laughing during the second. I don't know why Maia gets so much respect for his butt flopping when these people tore Leites apart for the same thing....

Bullrush
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
maia's standup is ****in terrible. bob arum could outbox him

the traveler
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
I mean, I can completely understand some of the backlash and dana being mad, though. But, if anything, Silva destroyed Maia mentally and psychologically more so than physically. How can anyone take Maia seriously again after seeing Silva making a mockery of him.

Archangel22
04-10-2010, 10:21 PM
I disagree, Silva is acting like a damn fool not a mma legend. Yeah he has mad skills and it showed in the first 2mins that he is levels above Damien but common now you punish them you dont toy with them. Watching the fight is really pissing me off I hope Dana gives him a spray full. People dont pay to watch a sparring session because thats what it looked like. If anything Silva shouldve put him out of misery and just attacked throughout the fight and finished it early. I dont understand what is wrong with Spider its really not good watching him do that. yeah he can do that against an opponent is is landing some kicks and punches to him to make it interresting but when your opponent is sitting there and everything is missing and off target dont do it, just knock him out and thats it.

the traveler
04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I disagree, Silva is acting like a damn fool not a mma legend. Yeah he has mad skills and it showed in the first 2mins that he is levels above Damien but common now you punish them you dont toy with them. Watching the fight is really pissing me off I hope Dana gives him a spray full. People dont pay to watch a sparring session because thats what it looked like. If anything Silva shouldve put him out of misery and just attacked throughout the fight and finished it early. I dont understand what is wrong with Spider its really not good watching him do that. yeah he can do that against an opponent is is landing some kicks and punches to him to make it interresting but when your opponent is sitting there and everything is missing and off target dont do it, just knock him out and thats it.

Like I said, maybe he's trying to prove something else. Maybe he's trying to say, "look, I'm about at the end of my career and this is who you're sending me to fight? You know what, **** it, I'm not even going to bother with it. I'll make a mockery out of this whole ****ing event."

I think that's what he is going for. He is completely right. Why expend the energy to knock him out when your heart isn't into it. Dana is the one that should be getting the criticism not Anderson.

Gojira
04-10-2010, 10:37 PM
in other news, rachelle leah looks incredible in a farmers garb

andre the giant
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
**** off with that greatest bull**** .

F l i c k e r
04-10-2010, 10:50 PM
I just started watching it. On round 4 right now. I love the capoeira Anderson employed. I wonder which style did he learn.

Maia just doesn't belong in there with him. I can't blame Silva for this fight, Maia just did absolutely nothing. Silva stands there with his hands down, not moving and Maia is just bouncing around in front of him not doing anything. It takes two to tango, ya feel?

I want to know Maia's output for this fight. 0/6? For 25 minutes? Doesn't he train anything besides ADCC competition ****? :dunno:

yessuh
04-10-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm just watching this fight. Almost done with the second. I can totally see how Dana would be mad about this. Anderson is acting like a thug in the ring. It's the whole white man/black man thing. Trying to control your actions.

I love what anderson is doing. This fight only shows how great he is. To be able to do the stuff he is doing against a bjj master and good fighter like demian only proves that he's the greatest.

You're a moron.

Maia is garbage. Mardquart annihilated him in 20 seconds. Silva couldn't even stop the bum.

Silva is an overrated clown. He has 4 embarrassing losses (never avenged any of them) and 3 awful performances against C level fighters (Maia, Leites, Cote)

Silva can't hold Fedor's jockstrap. And he can't hold GSP's jockstrap.

Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest of all time and #1 p4p in the world. Georges St. Pierre is the #2 p4p fighter in the world.

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm on sherdog right now and the amount of hate that Silva is getting is stunning. I don't want to pull the race card, but, man. People pulling for Sonnen to "kill" Silva. wow.

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:03 PM
You're a moron.

Maia is garbage. Mardquart annihilated him in 20 seconds. Silva couldn't even stop the bum.

Silva is an overrated clown. He has 4 embarrassing losses (never avenged any of them) and 3 awful performances against C level fighters (Maia, Leites, Cote)

Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest of all time and #1 p4p in the world. Georges St. Pierre is the #2 p4p fighter in the world.

I disagree with the first half, and agree with the second half. Maia aint a bum by any means, he's just not on Andersons Level, I also don't believe Silva is overrated, he's just not going to look amazing when fighting fighters who don't come at him. Chuck has the same problem, only difference is Chuck gets koed when he has to go to someone and Silva still makes people look bad. I believe Fedor is #1 and GSP is #2, but Silva is pretty close to GSP still, only because of victories in other weight classes...

F l i c k e r
04-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm on sherdog right now and the amount of hate that Silva is getting is stunning. I don't want to pull the race card, but, man. People pulling for Sonnen to "kill" Silva. wow.

And when Anderson destroys someone, they will all hop on his dick again. If you though boxing was fickle, mma has the most fickle fans I have ever seen.

Sonnen will definately bring a fight, unlike Cote, Leitas, and Maia. Those three guys just never belonged in there with him in the first place. Sonnen from what I have watched on him, at least will fight. He will get destroyed though, so it don't even matter.

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:06 PM
And when Anderson destroys someone, they will all hop on his dick again. If you though boxing was fickle, mma has the most fickle fans I have ever seen.

Sonnen will definately bring a fight, unlike Cote, Leitas, and Maia. Those three guys just never belonged in there with him in the first place. Sonnen from what I have watched on him, at least will fight. He will get destroyed though, so it don't even matter.

Have you seen Sonnen vs Filho 2?

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:07 PM
You're a moron.

And so freakin what? Sokoudjo also had flash kos of arona and lil nog.

You fail to look at things in context. One of those losses was a DQ, a fight in which he was winning. He actually knocked the guy out with the illegal blow.

The other 3 losses were over 5 years ago. One was nearly 7 years ago. One was nearly 10 years ago. It was his first fight, a split decision.

How are any of those fights even relevant to the fighter that Silva is today? He had lackluster performances against those guys, true, but he was just toying with them and was trying to make a mockery of the event. If you know anything about Silva, you'd know that he's stated numerous times that he only wants big fights. If you were nearly at the end of your career, would you be happy fighting guys that you believe are well below you? He's bored as hell and it shows. Heck, he's so bored that he doesn't even have the desire to ko his opponent. He rather toy with them.

Also, he took close to NO punishment in those 3 wins.

Silva is #1.

yessuh
04-10-2010, 11:09 PM
And so freakin what? Sokoudjo also had flash kos of arona and lil nog.

You fail to look at things in context. One of those losses was a DQ, a fight in which he was winning. He actually knocked the guy out with the illegal blow.

The other 3 losses were over 5 years ago. One was nearly 7 years ago. One was nearly 10 years ago. It was his first fight, a split decision.

How are any of those fights even relevant to the fighter that Silva is today? He had lackluster performances against those guys, true, but he was just toying with them and was trying to make a mockery of the event. If you know anything about Silva, you'd know that he's stated numerous times that he only wants big fights. If you were nearly at the end of your career, would you be happy fighting guys that you believe are well below you? He's bored as hell and it shows. Heck, he's so bored that he doesn't even have the desire to ko his opponent. He rather toy with them.

Also, he took close to NO punishment in those 3 wins.

Silva is #1.

Are you black?

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Maia is far from garbage. Anderson is just so light years ahead of the mma curve that he makes a b level fighter like maia look like crap.

F l i c k e r
04-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Have you seen Sonnen vs Filho 2?

Honestly, I can't even say. I don't think so though. I haven't watched much of Sonnen. After he kicked Okami's ass, that's when I started back tracking with him but I haven't watched all his stuff because I'm not really a fan. :dunno:

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Are you black?

What the hell does my potential race have to do with anything that I just said. You asking that proves how much of a douch that you are.

andre the giant
04-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Ryo Chonan >>>>> Anderson

Archangel22
04-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Wow someone said this is Danas fault for not giving him opponents and Silva is giving up almost as if to say stick it to the UFC? Did I just read that right. Is this really the mma board? Silva gets payed millions to fight, fans pay for ppvs and seats at the arenas and they get ripped off like this and its Danas fault? Hell no its all Silvas fault. Yeah he is good but what can Dana do, he has to give him opponents with what he has. If Silva is that good he should destroy them and keep the opponents coming, take it like a champion. The fighters he is fighting are good solid mma guys its just that Silva is that much better its not funny. GSP will not even come close to give him a run, Silva needs Machida or a heavyweight, someone needs to school silva.

Those who said its Damiens fault no way, what could he do, his face was busted he couldnt get close without getting punished, he went for takedowns he couldnt get a hold of him. At least Maia fought like an mma fighter and didnt disrespect his opponent by refusing to fight and acting like a sparring session. Watch how Damien actually attacked here and there, besides maybe he wanted Silva to attack him more so he can counter him, bring him to the ground, submit him etc.

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Ryo Chonan >>>>> Anderson

Yeah, cause a freak submission win on December 31, 2004 totally means that Ryo Chonan of april 10th 2010 is better than Anderson Silva on april 10th, 2010.

This *** is asking me if I'm black when in actuality I should be asking you guys the questions: Are you mentally retarded, were you dropped on your head as a child, are you part of some local hate group,can you count to 10?

yessuh
04-10-2010, 11:16 PM
What the hell does my potential race have to do with anything that I just said. You asking that proves how much of a douch that you are.

Answer the question.

andre the giant
04-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Good post the replies will be : WAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH leave Anderson alone :bottle::bottle::bottle: .

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Answer the question.

I refuse to answer a question as insulting and ignorant as that. You are a complete waste of air and will get blocked and ignored from this point forward.

andre the giant
04-10-2010, 11:20 PM
We are retarded because we arent on Silva's balls ? :bs2:

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Those who said its Damiens fault no way, what could he do, his face was busted he couldnt get close without getting punished, he went for takedowns he couldnt get a hold of him. At least Maia fought like an mma fighter and didnt disrespect his opponent by refusing to fight and acting like a sparring session. Watch how Damien actually attacked here and there, besides maybe he wanted Silva to attack him more so he can counter him, bring him to the ground, submit him etc.

Man, do you know how much goes into each fight? The training, the preparing, its grueling. Imagine the letdown that can occur when after going through all that preparing you are unsatisfied because of the opponent.

Damien did not do **** for the first 4 rounds. I think there are several rounds in the fight were he didn't throw a punch.

the traveler
04-10-2010, 11:24 PM
We are retarded because we arent on Silva's balls ? :bs2:

Actually, I was going to tell you why you are retarded, but you just further proved your ineptitude in reasoning by failing to see why I called you a retard in the first place.

Remember... Chonan>Silva.

Come on, wake up you dumb****.

kaps
04-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Good post the replies will be : WAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH leave Anderson alone :bottle::bottle::bottle: .

Are you really 39?

yessuh
04-10-2010, 11:35 PM
I refuse to answer a question as insulting and ignorant as that. You are a complete waste of air and will get blocked and ignored from this point forward.

:bottle: :bottle: :bottle: :bottle:

Stop being a crybaby and answer the question.

andre the giant
04-11-2010, 12:24 AM
lol at Anderson fans :bottle: . And yeah chonan>silva unless they rematch its still 1-0 . Listen Silva is great but the pure bias you have for him is sickening steel he is not beyond every mma fighter .

the traveler
04-11-2010, 12:27 AM
That's retarded and I hope you know it. One fight does not always accurately determine if somone is better than someone else. Also, the fight was ages ago and Silva has gone on to break records in the ufc and has won 14 out of his last 16 fights. Chonan has done nothing to compare.

Don't lol at Silva fans. Dude, lol at your brain. It clearly does not work very well.

the traveler
04-11-2010, 12:39 AM
lol at Anderson fans :bottle: . And yeah chonan>silva unless they rematch its still 1-0 . Listen Silva is great but the pure bias you have for him is sickening steel he is not beyond every mma fighter .

I just seen you changed your post. He isn't beyond every fighter....maybe, but he is damn close. Even you got to admit he's elite status.

When you can toy with professionals and still win, that's saying something.

andre the giant
04-11-2010, 11:30 AM
He is elite but he isnt above Gsp and Fedor he is up there with them but not above them .

Archangel22
04-12-2010, 03:04 AM
I cant discredit Silvas skills. I actually think he is better than Fedor and GSP but I hateeeeee it how he acts like a fool, I just want to see him fight. Its true what he does is ripping off fans who pay to watch it and I feel that is slack. Hes payed to fight and thats all he should be doing. Hopefully this is a wake up call and he goes on a tear like we know he can.