View Full Version : Shields vs Hendo

wojosh6
04-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Does Shields give two ****s about this match? Dana already said that Strikeforce is going to have to pay him $$$ to match what he's prepared to offer him...so what is Shield's motivation for taking Hendo seriously? He's not fighting for another championship fight within Strikeforce. Also, I'm not a conspiracy person at all...but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to have Strikeforce throw Shields a little $$ to lose so that he doesn't take off for the UFC as the champion & give Dana even more ammunition to talk **** on Strikeforce (i.e. we stole your Middleweight champion).

Who the **** know's. I'm only saying this now cause I'm half drunk & I was looking at the betting lines & can't put money on Shield's w/ all the **** bout him leaving for UFC floating around.

kaps
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
This is why I hate Dana White. He'd rather have Sheilds than Hendo...

Clegg
04-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Strikeforce have let Overeem make a mockery of their heavyweight title, so I don't think they'd actually pay Shields off to protect the integrity of the MW belt.

I don't follow the rumours and contract talks, but is it possible that UFC are offering Shields more than he's worth just so that Strikeforce will pay over the odds to keep him?

Dice
04-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Strikeforce have let Overeem make a mockery of their heavyweight title, so I don't think they'd actually pay Shields off to protect the integrity of the MW belt.

I don't follow the rumours and contract talks, but is it possible that UFC are offering Shields more than he's worth just so that Strikeforce will pay over the odds to keep him?

As far as motivation goes, if he beats a legend like Hendo whatever hes gonna get paid doubles for both parties if he beats Hendo, and him beating Hendo would warrent, in my opinion, an immediate shot at GSP because I think Hendo would crush GSP in a fight due to his takedown defense, his chin against GSP's chin, His wrestling vs GSPs wrestling , and his one punch power vs gsp's one punch power as well as Hendos immaculate submission defense.

trust and believe Shields thinks he has a shot and trust and believe hes motivated. But with Hendo recently stating he expects to be on his back, trust and believe hendos ready for Jake

MARKBNLV
04-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Hendo will ko him.

hateinyaeyes32
04-10-2010, 03:22 AM
This is why I hate Dana White. He'd rather have Sheilds than Hendo...
In with the new, out with the old kid... Thats how Dana sees it, and not only is it smart business wise because he'll be able to pay Jake Shields less than Hendo wanted from Dana, but also its a great move for the middleweight division, which has become somewhat of a joke... Anderson Silva destroys all that come his way, and its probably going to be that way again tomorrow night vs Demian Maia.... So why not bring the champion of the second best MMA promotion, sign him to UFC, give him a few fights, and with wins, a crack at Silva to find out who is the TRUE champion at 185... Dan Henderson is used goods, and already been destroyed by Anderson, although he did better than anyone else did against him, props for that, but Jake Shields imo will beat Hendo's ass.

phallus
04-10-2010, 05:01 PM
hendo will rape shields, lawler isn't as good as hendo and he nearly finished sheilds. the human mattress jason miller made him look bad, hendo hits alot harder than lawler and has better wrestling than jake.

Young Herschel
04-11-2010, 03:44 PM

Jake Sheilds has all the motivation in the world for his first Strikeforce Middleweight title defense IMHO:

1. He looked average in his last CBS televised appearance enroute to winning the title.

2. As a general rule a champion has to make at least one title defense before he can be really regarded and remembered as a champion.

3. MMA is bigger than ever before (ESPN anyone). Jake Sheilds has a chance to become a very big sports star if can impressively defend the Middleweight title against the legendary Dan Henderson on CBS.

4. At 40 years old, Dan Henderson is argueably on the downside of his professional MMA career, with each passing week Dan is probably getting slower and less explosive. Without question Jake Sheilds is NINE years younger than Henderson, but also very experienced in MMA as well.

5. Dan Henderson only has ONE submission victory in his entire, lengthy MMA career yet SEVERAL submission defeats. Say what you want about Jake Sheilds, but DO NOT question his jiu-jitsu expertise.

6. When was the last time that Sheilds got knocked out again? Could his long-time freindship with Chuck Lidell have anything to do with that?:boxing:

Young Herschel
04-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Jake Sheilds has all the motivation in the world for his first Strikeforce Middleweight title defense IMHO:

1. He looked average in his last CBS televised appearance enroute to winning the title.

2. As a general rule a champion has to make at least one title defense before he can be really regarded and remembered as a champion.

3. MMA is bigger than ever before (ESPN anyone). Jake Sheilds has a chance to become a very big sports star if can impressively defend the Middleweight title against the legendary Dan Henderson on CBS.

4. At 40 years old, Dan Henderson is argueably on the downside of his professional MMA career, with each passing week Dan is probably getting slower and less explosive. Without question Jake Sheilds is NINE years younger than Henderson, but also very experienced in MMA as well.

5. Dan Henderson only has ONE submission victory in his entire, lengthy MMA career yet SEVERAL submission defeats. Say what you want about Jake Sheilds, but DO NOT question his jiu-jitsu expertise.

6. When was the last time that Sheilds got knocked out again? Could his long-time freindship with Chuck Lidell have anything to do with that?:boxing:

I should have believed in my post (DAMN!) I could have made some serious $$$$ last night. That was a career defining victory for Jake Sheilds IMHO. I knew after the 3rd round that Hendo was finished. It is a challenge in and of itself just to make 185lbs when you are about 6ft tall and 40 years old. Once they got to the championship rounds I was hoping for a submission victory from the Cesar Gracie Black Belt, but he clearly had his hands full just maintaining top control over Hendo. Bravo Sheilds!!! Bravo!!

Now get that last Strikeforce fight over with ASAP so you can go to the UFC my freind . . . don't let Scott Coker tie you up in litigation over the transferability of a personal services K lol :boxing:

IMHO two wins in the UFC and straight to St. Pierre: (1) Paulo Thiago then (2) Koscheck if he beats Daley :boxing: