View Full Version : Why do people consider Norton to have a weak Chin but Tyson a good one when..

tommyhearns804
06-04-2005, 07:17 PM
They both were ko'd four times in their careers.but tyson was to lesser punchers than those who stopped norton.Would you rather be stopped by Foreman Shavers Cooney or Douglas Holyfield Williams and well its no real shame to be stopped by Lewis but Lewis couldnt even hurt or knock down a washed up Holyfield when Bowe knocked out a much better one...It may be true that it took douglas 10 round to finally knock out tyson but could douglas punch?who else did he stop worth mentioning?who did holyfield stop besides moorer who was anything special?holyfield punched and punched a old slow weaker foreman with everything he had and couldnt knock down foreman and this holyfield was in his prime that fight.tyson has a average chin.if you could punch at all and you werent afraid of him you could knock him out.hell even the light punching james "quick" tillis was able to hurt tyson and almost beat him.tysons power is hyped up and so is his chin.he never knocked out a top level fighter .he wasnt able to do jack against a fading holyfield.none of his punches hurt evander.foreman was able to bounce holyfield around the ring.hurt him with jabs and grazing punches.which proves even a old foreman had more pop in his punches than a prime tyson.
anybody care to explain this to me

joeboxer
06-04-2005, 07:26 PM
tyson never got Ko'd from a big punch that he couldn't take.

it was after he had been taking a beating for a long time in fights he could no longer win.

tommyhearns804
06-04-2005, 07:57 PM
that is a pretty lame answer.if tyson could punch as hard as people claim then he was never out of a fight,did you see how steward was beating up foreman?did foreman go down?no because he had a great chin.and how many times did norton go down period from light punchers like holyfield and douglas?he was ko'd by the top punchers of all times

svsv
06-05-2005, 12:49 AM
I would not say Tyson had a great chin. I would say he could take a few but certainly not a chin like like Castillo.

TysonDamato86
06-05-2005, 01:29 AM
#1. James quick Tillis never came close to beating Tyson

#2. The Forman/Tyson comparison was piss poor. The reason Foreman was able to move Holy around more was because he was landing more. Not because he was a better fighter than Tyson but style make fights and the was Foreman fought Holyfield was different than the way Tyson fought him. Foreman held his hands high like he normally did, took some monster shots from Holyfield and let Evander tire himself out and then he would throw power shots to Evander, landing a few hard shots that hurt Holyfield. Tyson on the other hand was moving forward at all times and Holyfield beat him by his brilliant conter attack.

buffbodz
06-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Norton was beaten before the bell rang when he fought boxers who had the rep of being able to take your head off with 1 punch. His KO's at the hands of Cooney, Shavers and Forman one could sence the fear in Norton's expressions, like "OK guys let's get it over with quick". I know I'm overdoing it, but the point was he frooze before the fight started. Tyson usually gave it all he had till he was beaten from sheer exaustion. That's because the guys who ko'd Norton were proven one punch ko artists, while Tyson's conquers ko'd a Tyson who couldn't go on any more.

The Troll
06-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Tyson takes a massive beatdown before he goes down. He ate some major leather for 10 rounds against Buster Douglas before he went down. He also ate some major leather from Holyfield and Lewis before going down. Against Williams it just look like he quit.

ricecrispi
06-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Norton didn't have a weak chin, it is because he just froze up against sluggers and got knocked out. It was fear that got to him and why he lost those fights. Fear is a boxers worst enemy.

Cus D'amato said fear never goes away, you learn to work with fear, function with it.
Tyson has a solid chin. He can take a lot of punishment but he's prone to quitting too. His fear was not getting early Ko's because he didn't work hard enough in training and didn't having the boxing skills any longer to go 12 rounds.

tommyhearns804
06-14-2005, 02:21 AM
i dont think you little kids get it.he was still knocked out by light punchers.douglas cant punch i dont care how many punches he landed if tyson even had a decent chin i wouldnt of bothered him.holyfield was a great puncher at cruiserweight but at heavyweight he wasnt and he fought tyson when he was passed his prime and still knocked out a 30 year old tyson .someething he couldnt do to a 42 year old foreman in his prime.foreman fought cooney,morrison,steward,moorer,holyfield,saverase and briggs all when he was past 40 and none could knock him down.alot of them landed tons of power punches and he tooked them like they were nothing.this is a old foreman,when you get older you lose fluid around your brain making it alot harder to take punches without being hurt of knocked down.so what does this say about tyson?
in another post i was reading you said shannon briggs has a glass chin but he was only knocked out 2 times once by a darrell wilson when he was undefeated and the other to lewis.tyson was also knocked out by lewis and lewis could of knocked him out sooner but he was toying with him because he knew tyson couldnt hur thim.briggs did alot better and actually hurt lewis and briggs was hit with alot better punches than tyson since he was pressing the fight and briggs also finished the. fight on his feet and tyson flat on his back
wladamir klitchko is considered to have a weak chin but only sanders knocked him out.brewster didnt hurt wlad at all he just went down from fatigue.you see my point?no heavyweight champion in history was ever stopped five times.you can give tyson all the excuses you want but he still will be a glass chin bum who could only knock out guys who were complete bums or scared of his hype.
tyson is 38 .foreman came back at 38 and had 30 or so fights.foreman was alot slower and easier to hit.he fought bettter opponents after 38 than tyson has recently.and nobody could knock him down.holmes fought until he was 50 fighting better opponents than the people who beat tyson and wasnt knocked down.lewis is older than tyson and was king until he retired at 40 or so.so if tyson has a great chin and could punch like you idiots believe then wouldnt he be more effective than a old foreman ?you all claim foreman couldnt box and he was so slow in his prime so look how much worse he must of been when he got old but he was alot more effective than tyson so what does that say?
wait you people are just fanboys.little kids who want to believe tyson was once great when in reality he was no better than a jeremy williams.only williams never was built up to be great and tyson was.you will never be able to give me a logical answer so forget it

buff_mike10
06-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Buster Douglas's mother died a week before he beat Tyson. He went in there with alot of anger and no fear. If you say Douglas couldn't hit hard go watch the fight again. He managed to roll Tyson's head back over his 20" neck, that takes power, noone else has done that to Tyson

Boxclever
06-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Norton, a weak chin. Is it a joke? :p

tommyhearns804
06-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Buff Mike stay off the drugs ok..If Douglas could punch he would have a higher ko percentage.If Douglas could punch then he would of knocked out some other decent fighters besides Tyson.Again Norton was ko'd by Foreman Shavers and Cooney,look at their combine ko percentage at the time they knocked out Norton and compare that to the people who knocked out Tyson and you will see how glass Tyson's chin is.

kapersky
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
buster hit hard that night.. tyson just didnt had heart and will... he could definitetly take 1 single big punch and not go down.. buster nail him after 1 big uppercut when tyson was open .. and he was still able to go upp.. :eek:

tommyhearns804
06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Do you believe Douglas hit harder than lets say a 30 year old Ali Quarry or Holmes?I think not and Norton walked through their punches with ease.Douglas cant punch period or as i said he would of knocked out more than just Tyson.Wow he hit Tyson with alot of punches and what is your point?Briggs hit Foreman with punches but Foreman wasnt affected and he was 48 at the time.Holyfield hit Foreman with 25 straight punches in the 8th or 9th round of their fight and Foreman didnt go down and this was a 42 year old Foreman fighting a 28 year old prime Holyfield.As you all know Tyson was knocked out by Holyfield.Which again means Tyson had a weak chin.If light punching guys like Douglas and Holyfield could drop him then Why would you even think that punchers like Foreman Bowe Shavers Lyle Frazier Tua Ibeabuchi Peters ect ect ect wouldnt of ko'd him even easier?

marvdave
06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Norton does not have a "glass" chin. From what I've read from his manager/trainer, he would always freeze up against big punchers and not be mentally in the game. It sounds like a lame excuse, but when you consider he gave Ali hell three times and arguably won all three and also stood toe to toe with Holmes for fifteen rounds it makes perfect sense. Look at his record, he beat some good fighters, but people only want to remember the losses.

Norton was a damn good fighter, but just not good enough to be in the upper class. It seems horrible to compare Norton to Tyson becuase Kenny is such a good guy and Tyson is such a loser.

As far as Tysons skills and chin, if he wasn't a mental case, I'm sure his chin should be considered better but his problem is mental. If someone fought back or showed any stamina or fight in them, Mike closed shop. Tyson had a good chin, just not much character to withstand adversity.

tommyhearns804
06-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Norton didnt really freeze up against big punchers.It just happens the guys who knocked him out were the hardest punchers in heavyweight history.Compare that to the people who stopped Tyson.Only Lewis would be considered a puncher but Holyfield stated a old Foreman still still hit alot harder than him and it shows from their fights.Lewis fought a shell of the real Holyfield and could never really hurt him and Foreman hurt a prime Holyfield.
If Tyson couldnt take Douglas Holyfield Williams and Mcbride punches then why would anybody think he could handle Foreman Shavers and Cooney punches

kapersky
06-21-2005, 05:34 AM
nice post marvdave

Norton didnt really freeze up against big punchers.It just happens the guys who knocked him out were the hardest punchers in heavyweight history.Compare that to the people who stopped Tyson.Only Lewis would be considered a puncher but Holyfield stated a old Foreman still still hit alot harder than him and it shows from their fights.Lewis fought a shell of the real Holyfield and could never really hurt him and Foreman hurt a prime Holyfield.
If Tyson couldnt take Douglas Holyfield Williams and Mcbride punches then why would anybody think he could handle Foreman Shavers and Cooney punches

lewis was playing with holyfield..sometimes when he had holyfield on the rope he could just throw 1 big right but he didnt instead he played with holyfield with his left jab..

marvdave
06-21-2005, 08:46 AM

no offense intended, but I'll take Eddie Futch's word on the "freezing up" of Kenny Norton. Although I do agree that Foreman,Shavers and Cooney hit like freaking mules.

tommyhearns804
06-21-2005, 05:29 PM
none taken buddy well at least you see the people who knocked out norton were far superior to the people who knocked out tyson.so if norton has a glass chin then tyson is even worse

LuKahnLi
06-21-2005, 07:48 PM
That is a good point.

The 70s was an extraordinarily talent rich era for the heavyweight division.....in fact, I would argue that it is the best era the division ever had.

phil" the hitman "manny
08-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Tyson was a bully plain and simple anybody that stood up to him beat him.People go crazy over Tyson in his prime but he beat most of his opponents with fear and hype.In regards to Tysons chin,it doesnt really matter if he could take a punch he just didnt have the heart.

Tha Greatest
08-03-2005, 08:50 PM
People act like Holyfield was in peak shape in the 3rd Bowe fight...

Did you ****in forget that he had HEPATITIS A in that fight>?

chopper77
08-04-2005, 01:03 PM
One thing I'd say about Buster is that on that night he fought the "perfect" fight. This is a good post. My opinion is that Tyson never had a chin. Evident when he rose up in the ranks, and fought better fighters.

Dempsey 1919
05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
norton's chin is not better than tyson's. norton was knocked out in 5 rounds or less. it took loads of punishment for tyson to go down.

SABBATH
05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
norton's chin is not better than tyson's. norton was knocked out in 5 rounds or less. it took loads of punishment for tyson to go down.Norton was KO'd by Foreman, Shavers and Cooney 3 guys that hit harder than anyone Tyson ever fought much less stood up to.

Norton took alot of flush punches from a prime Larry Holmes without being floored or noticeably in danger of going down while Tyson was 10 counted by Buster Douglas and stopped by Evander Holyfield, not exactly two guys known for knockout power.

Tyson was the better fighter and harder hitter than Norton, but I wouldn't be quick to say his chin was any better.

Yaman
05-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Tyson had a close to granite chin. Buster Douglass COULD punch. All of you are ****ing morons. You've only seen his fight against Tyson and look at his record and see he didnt ko anyone special. Is that how you ''experts'' work on your knowledge? Who cares who he ko'd. Punching power is not measured on opponents, thats about how good of a fighter you are.

Listen, i've seen about 6 ko's from Douglass and he even ko'd a guy with a left jab! Did you morons know that? :rolleyes: No cause you've only seen him fight against Tyson. Plus, he was in the best shape of his life and weight over 230 pounds. If you think he couldn't punch, you should take all those tripple jabs right hands for 10 rounds.

Norton had a decent chin. He could rake a punch, but not a knockoutpunch. Although, i think he could only be ko'd with a few more punches. So Tyson had a better chin because of his huge neck.

Da Iceman
05-22-2006, 08:43 AM
norton's chin is not better than tyson's. norton was knocked out in 5 rounds or less. it took loads of punishment for tyson to go down.
norton took way way harder punches from guys that threw bombs.

Brassangel
05-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Douglas was a large man in the best shape of his career that night. Had that same Douglas emerged in his subsequent fights, he may have been champion for a good stretch. He was 230+ pounds with good reach and height. Stir in a little anger, determination, and more focus than a microscope and you have a fighter that was hitting hard. Tyson had a huge neck, and absorbed a lot of powerful shots in that fight. The sweat was flying off of him when some of those punches came in. Furthermore, he did still stand a chance because of his power: he knocked Douglas down in the 8th round even after having taken all that punishment, failing to train properly, being hungover, etc. To this day, regardless of how aware Douglas looked, many believe that he was down for the count of ten (I don't think he was, but hey, whatever...). Even so, he got back up, and pummeled Tyson for one and a half more rounds before landing an incredible uppercut that actually caused Tyson's eyes to roll back into his head. No one else in his career actually put Tyson out; especially not a Tyson who was still that good. Mike basically quit in his other defeats.

A chin is more about one's ability to take a punch. Mike Tyson's physique, more so than his heart, gave him the ability to take a thorough beating before succumbing to the inevitable.

SquareCircle
05-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Look at the people who stopped Tyson and look at the people who stopped Norton and tell me who you'd rather be stopped by.

hellfire508
05-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Tyson's chin was better than Nortons, however, Norton's chin is underrated...due to his early stoppages against Shavers and Norton.

Yaman
05-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Look at the people who stopped Tyson and look at the people who stopped Norton and tell me who you'd rather be stopped by.

Another fool who doesnt know anything about boxing. You think its that simple? :rolleyes: Well then listen.

True, that Norton's ko losses where against harder hitters with the exception of Lewis. But it doesnt work that way. If Holyfield got 1093989498 punches to Norton's face while he's not covering up AT ALL, what do you think would happen? Norton would not be able to take 10 rounds of punishment from a prime Douglass either. Its just that WHEN Norton got ko'd, it was against heavy hitters.

You are not supposed to look at the punchers they fought, ****ing morons. You gotta look at the punishment they took in their career. When Norton took more punishment than he could get, he was ktfo. Tyson stood up to a monster puncher like Razor Ruddock and let him test his chin. Look at their first fight when tyson points at his chin and just LETS Ruddock drop his left hook on him, and his head went backwards the whole fight. he barely stumbled most of the time. No way would Norton take that.

Pugnacious_Z
05-24-2006, 08:49 AM
i agree with u yaman, and tommyhearns is by far the dumbest fuk iver ever seen. But ye, Tyson took a beating for 10 rounds after he went down, and holyfield never floored tyson with a head shot, and lewis also beat him for 8 rounds b4 finishing it. Let me see, Norton got Ko'd in first 2 rounds against shavers, coonet and Foreman and he was out of it wen he got knocked. any1 who knocked tyson took them many rounds with the exception of williams which every1 knows he didnt want to get up. Tyson has a near granite chin.

K-DOGG
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
They both were ko'd four times in their careers.but tyson was to lesser punchers than those who stopped norton.Would you rather be stopped by Foreman Shavers Cooney or Douglas Holyfield Williams and well its no real shame to be stopped by Lewis but Lewis couldnt even hurt or knock down a washed up Holyfield when Bowe knocked out a much better one...It may be true that it took douglas 10 round to finally knock out tyson but could douglas punch?who else did he stop worth mentioning?who did holyfield stop besides moorer who was anything special?holyfield punched and punched a old slow weaker foreman with everything he had and couldnt knock down foreman and this holyfield was in his prime that fight.tyson has a average chin.if you could punch at all and you werent afraid of him you could knock him out.hell even the light punching james "quick" tillis was able to hurt tyson and almost beat him.tysons power is hyped up and so is his chin.he never knocked out a top level fighter .he wasnt able to do jack against a fading holyfield.none of his punches hurt evander.foreman was able to bounce holyfield around the ring.hurt him with jabs and grazing punches.which proves even a old foreman had more pop in his punches than a prime tyson.
anybody care to explain this to me

For what it's worth, Norton didn't have a weak chin, IMO. His kayos came to aggressive fighters, who were physically stronger than Norton....with a bigger punch than average: Foreman, Shavers, Cooney. Norton had an aggressive style and couldn't fight going backwards. He was an aggressvie counterpuncher...if such a thing is possible, which is why he looked good against Ali and always gave Muhammad a rough time. That's also why he beat Quarry.

Tyson, did have a better chin than Norton, though, in my estimation. I believe this primarily because of the way Tyson was stopped. Douglas stopped him in 10, Holyfield in 11...and it took the super-punching Lennox Lewis, who was finding Tyson and easy mark, 8 rounds to finish the job....and that was an old, shot Mike.

Mike was never stopped with one punch...Norton was, ergo, Mike's whiskers were stronger; but Norton's chin wasn't china...it was just a grade above.

tommyhearns804
05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Lol no you are just a ***got Z a ***got who wishes he could suck Tysons dick and swallow his nut.Ha give me a ****ing break.Norton was past his prime when he fought Cooney number one and Cooney is considered to be a vicious puncher.Was Douglas a good puncher period?Who the **** else did Douglas knock out besides glass chin ***got rapist Tyson?Both Shavers and Foreman are considerd to be the hardest punchers in boxing history.And against Shavers Norton was again past his prime and Norton said after he was robbed against Ali in their 3rd fight he stop training like he used too.
Holyfield wasnt a big puncher ***got,The man in his prime couldnt even hurt a old slow weaker Foreman.I dont care if he tool 9 billion rounds to knock Tyson out the point is he couldnt punch hard at heavyweight.Lewis could of knocked out in 2 rounds if he wanted too.Lewis toyed with Tyson because he knows Tyson is a piece of ****.He knew Tyson only had the power to knock out bums or guys payed by Don King to take a dive for him.
Williams and Mcbride at both bums.Old George Foreman fought tons of guys when he was over 40 who put both of them to shame and he was hit by tons of their punches and never went down and you know why?Because Foreman doesnt have to be built up because he rapes women,makes stupid statements and does thing to make the black race look stupid.Foreman could take a punch and so could Norton.
Who was the bigger puncher and better boxer Ali or Douglas?Did Ali land punches against Norton?Did Norton get knocked out?What does that say?It says the Norton could take a punch from guy like Ali or a Douglas and get hit by punches and not get knocked out flat on his ass.
You ***got child molesting women beating Tyson fans always crack me up.No matter how many times the man gets knocked out there is always a ****ing excuse.The only excuse you should make is the reason your moms didnt abort you or him.What a bunch of losers you are and now i put another moron on ignore.Soon the whole forum will be ignored so you can type to me like i care when i cant see what you are typing

Dempsey 1919
05-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Lol no you are just a ***got Z a ***got who wishes he could suck Tysons dick and swallow his nut.Ha give me a ****ing break.Norton was past his prime when he fought Cooney number one and Cooney is considered to be a vicious puncher.Was Douglas a good puncher period?Who the **** else did Douglas knock out besides glass chin ***got rapist Tyson?Both Shavers and Foreman are considerd to be the hardest punchers in boxing history.And against Shavers Norton was again past his prime and Norton said after he was robbed against Ali in their 3rd fight he stop training like he used too.
Holyfield wasnt a big puncher ***got,The man in his prime couldnt even hurt a old slow weaker Foreman.I dont care if he tool 9 billion rounds to knock Tyson out the point is he couldnt punch hard at heavyweight.Lewis could of knocked out in 2 rounds if he wanted too.Lewis toyed with Tyson because he knows Tyson is a piece of ****.He knew Tyson only had the power to knock out bums or guys payed by Don King to take a dive for him.
Williams and Mcbride at both bums.Old George Foreman fought tons of guys when he was over 40 who put both of them to shame and he was hit by tons of their punches and never went down and you know why?Because Foreman doesnt have to be built up because he rapes women,makes stupid statements and does thing to make the black race look stupid.Foreman could take a punch and so could Norton.
Who was the bigger puncher and better boxer Ali or Douglas?Did Ali land punches against Norton?Did Norton get knocked out?What does that say?It says the Norton could take a punch from guy like Ali or a Douglas and get hit by punches and not get knocked out flat on his ass.
You ***got child molesting women beating Tyson fans always crack me up.No matter how many times the man gets knocked out there is always a ****ing excuse.The only excuse you should make is the reason your moms didnt abort you or him.What a bunch of losers you are and now i put another moron on ignore.Soon the whole forum will be ignored so you can type to me like i care when i cant see what you are typing

nah, i still say tyson's chin is better. tyson took more punishment than norton did. norton's chin is good, but tyson's is better.

Abe Attell
05-25-2006, 03:51 PM
i dont think you little kids get it.he was still knocked out by light punchers.douglas cant punch i dont care how many punches he landed if tyson even had a decent chin i wouldnt of bothered him.holyfield was a great puncher at cruiserweight but at heavyweight he wasnt and he fought tyson when he was passed his prime and still knocked out a 30 year old tyson .someething he couldnt do to a 42 year old foreman in his prime.foreman fought cooney,morrison,steward,moorer,holyfield,saverase and briggs all when he was past 40 and none could knock him down.alot of them landed tons of power punches and he tooked them like they were nothing.this is a old foreman,when you get older you lose fluid around your brain making it alot harder to take punches without being hurt of knocked down.so what does this say about tyson?
in another post i was reading you said shannon briggs has a glass chin but he was only knocked out 2 times once by a darrell wilson when he was undefeated and the other to lewis.tyson was also knocked out by lewis and lewis could of knocked him out sooner but he was toying with him because he knew tyson couldnt hur thim.briggs did alot better and actually hurt lewis and briggs was hit with alot better punches than tyson since he was pressing the fight and briggs also finished the. fight on his feet and tyson flat on his back
wladamir klitchko is considered to have a weak chin but only sanders knocked him out.brewster didnt hurt wlad at all he just went down from fatigue.you see my point?no heavyweight champion in history was ever stopped five times.you can give tyson all the excuses you want but he still will be a glass chin bum who could only knock out guys who were complete bums or scared of his hype.
tyson is 38 .foreman came back at 38 and had 30 or so fights.foreman was alot slower and easier to hit.he fought bettter opponents after 38 than tyson has recently.and nobody could knock him down.holmes fought until he was 50 fighting better opponents than the people who beat tyson and wasnt knocked down.lewis is older than tyson and was king until he retired at 40 or so.so if tyson has a great chin and could punch like you idiots believe then wouldnt he be more effective than a old foreman ?you all claim foreman couldnt box and he was so slow in his prime so look how much worse he must of been when he got old but he was alot more effective than tyson so what does that say?
wait you people are just fanboys.little kids who want to believe tyson was once great when in reality he was no better than a jeremy williams.only williams never was built up to be great and tyson was.you will never be able to give me a logical answer so forget it

Douglas is a big boy, doubt he doesn't have a punch, especially since he had his share of KO's.

Tyson was also taking flush shots from Douglas, over and over, from round 1-the end; Tyson was also fatigued in the fight which will make you more vulnerable to punches. Most boxers are able to take punches because they roll with the punch or partially block the punch.
If a fighter can land some flush shots right on the chin or on the ear, he will most likely hurt his opponent.

For Foreman and Tyson, I would say that Foreman is just the bigger and stronger man...also, how many Foreman's were there?

You just have to remember there is a lot that goes into a fighter that makes a fighter stay at the top, Tyson lost his long ago.

Abe Attell
05-25-2006, 03:56 PM
One thing I'd say about Buster is that on that night he fought the "perfect" fight. This is a good post. My opinion is that Tyson never had a chin. Evident when he rose up in the ranks, and fought better fighters.

If Tyson never had a chin then it would of been noted from the other top fighters that have fought, plus other guys in the buisness, but it hasn't, I wonder why?

If he didn't have a chin, he would not been able to take punishment and been floored in the first round.

Also, how come Lewis didn't knock him out with the first punch he landed, how come it took so many big shots to take out a Tyson's shell? Maybe Lewis doesn't have power :rolleyes:

Abe Attell
05-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Tyson was a bully plain and simple anybody that stood up to him beat him.People go crazy over Tyson in his prime but he beat most of his opponents with fear and hype.In regards to Tysons chin,it doesnt really matter if he could take a punch he just didnt have the heart.

I would say that anybody that steps into the ring against top 10 heavyweights, wins a World Championship that has meaning, at the age of 20, has some heart.

If he didn't have heart, why didn't he quit after having his ass kicked in for the first few rounds against Douglas?
How come he tried to get up?
How about round 9, where he was hurt bad, but still fought back, then came out for the next round?

Same goes for the Holyfield fight where he was hurt, but came out the next round, where he would get stopped on his feet.

tommyhearns804
05-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Abe how many fighters do you know who were knocked out by one punch in every fight they had?So based on this every fighter has a great chin right?I dont care if Douglas landed 100 punches before he knocked Tyson out Douglas isnt considered to be a great puncher.Do you believe a 23 year old Foreman would of been stopped by Douglas?
How many punches did a prime Holyfield land against Foreman before he stopped Foreman?Wait a 42 year old Foreman could take everything Holyfield offered but a 30 year old Tyson was pushed around the ring and stopped.Tyson never showed one time that he could even get knocked down and get back up and win.Tyson never showed once that he could fight a great fighter who was still in their prime and hurt them.
Tyson didnt have a great chin and Tyson's punching power was only good enough to knock out bums.Norton fought and beat better people.Norton was knocked out by the harder punches there for he has the better chin period.

Frazier's 15th round
05-25-2006, 05:51 PM
The Little Hebrew made some interesting points.

Dempsey 1919
05-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Abe how many fighters do you know who were knocked out by one punch in every fight they had?So based on this every fighter has a great chin right?I dont care if Douglas landed 100 punches before he knocked Tyson out Douglas isnt considered to be a great puncher.Do you believe a 23 year old Foreman would of been stopped by Douglas?
How many punches did a prime Holyfield land against Foreman before he stopped Foreman?Wait a 42 year old Foreman could take everything Holyfield offered but a 30 year old Tyson was pushed around the ring and stopped.Tyson never showed one time that he could even get knocked down and get back up and win.Tyson never showed once that he could fight a great fighter who was still in their prime and hurt them.
Tyson didnt have a great chin and Tyson's punching power was only good enough to knock out bums.Norton fought and beat better people.Norton was knocked out by the harder punches there for he has the better chin period.

why do you have "Tyson is the greatest!" in your title?

Pugnacious_Z
05-26-2006, 02:31 AM
i thik ive figured out who toomyhearns is, desiree washingtons daughter. hey tommy, did tyson rape u or ur mum ***get. she was a slut anyway, AHHAHA, u fuken slut. tyson wud drop u and ur all ur family with a jab ***et, and who are u caliing these fighters bums, u wudnt last 10sec with any of them *****

Dempsey 1919
05-26-2006, 02:54 AM
i thik ive figured out who toomyhearns is, desiree washingtons daughter. hey tommy, did tyson rape u or ur mum ***get. she was a slut anyway, AHHAHA, u fuken slut. tyson wud drop u and ur all ur family with a jab ***et, and who are u caliing these fighters bums, u wudnt last 10sec with any of them *****

haha, lol!

joeytrimble
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
foremans chin had alot to do with his size he was a big guy WITH a great chin thats a 1-2 that makes it mighty hard to drop somebody ...

if you say tysons got a bad chin then you aint lieing to anybody in here your just lieing to yourself ....lennox lewis had to hit tyson with everything outside of elvis presleys gold toilet seat to put tyson down that night and even when tyson went down you could tell he wanted to get up but he just didnt have the energry

**** norton if your compairing nortons chin to tyson you can just go back to watching norton bobick over and over agian because he'll never be what tyson was in any catigory of a fighter not just the chin part

tommyhearns804
05-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Joey little child Foreman was only 6'4 and about 220 to 230 in his prime.Lewis was a little bigger and there are tons of guys alot bigger so Foreman being so called big has nothing to do with his chin.
And Joey i know you love to bang men but you arent Lewis.Are you in his head?Do you know what his thought process is or was?He said he toyed with Tyson.He never jumped on Tyson you retard and tried to take him out.He would land a decent punch and smile and walk back.Simple minded little kids act like Lewis jumped on Tyson like Lewis jumped on Golota and Tyson just walked thru it.
And again you are Tyson how do you know how much energy he had?Did he tell you?Are you one of Tyson's male lovers?Tyson was knocked stupid by a decent not great punch.Did a washed up Holyfield get knocked out by Lewis?How many times was Tua on his azz against Tyson?Was Vitali knocked out by Lewis?Wait i don't think so and you know why?Because none of them were glass chin bums who made a career out of impressing pedophiles and rapist like you.
Lol do you think because you say "F" Norton that will prove something?I guess that makes you some big tough guy now right?A cowardly little boy who worships a man who beats women.I see why so many women go lesbian on us men.It is because of the ones like you who can only get layed by raping them.You are so damn sad i bet you couldn't even pay to get booty.
Norton will always be a superior fighter to Tyson.Norton beat people who were in their primes who were good.Ali 3 times getting robbed twice,Quarry and he beat a prime Holmes and got robbed.When Norton did lose he lost to the hardest punchers in boxing history.Norton would never of gotten his butt kicked by some bum like Douglas.He would never be clowned by Holyfield.He may of lost but no like Tyson did.When you think of Norton you think of a great man who gave everything he had in the ring.When you think of Tyson you think of a black man who disgrace the black race and disgrace boxing.A clown a fool.A man who never beat anybody worth mentioning.A man who fought so many bums in his career that you had to build up some of the bums to make it seem like he was fighting somebody.
How many times did Norton pay a fighter 5 million dollars to avoid him?How many times did a fighter call Norton out and he pissed his pants and avoided them?Foreman,Shavers and Cooney had 120 wins and 110 knock outs at the time they beat Norton and in the Cooney and Shavers fight Norton was washed up.Douglas alone had more people go the distance with him than the guys who knocked out Norton.
I bet you are the same morons who will say Morrison had a poor chin even though he was knocked out 3 times to Tysons 5.I bet you idiots will say this. "Tyson wasn't knocked down by one punch so it must mean he had a better chin than Morrison" Wrong Morrison did alot better against Lewis than Tyson did and when Morrison was knocked down he got back up.It wasnt a one punch knock out.Mercer landed at least 20 punches on Morrison to ice him and Bent knocked Morrison down but Morrison got up all 3 times.
Wlad has a bad chin right?When only Sanders and Peter knocked him down.Both Sanders and Peter are harder punchers than anybody who knocked out Tyson..Well maybe Lewis hits a little harder but anyway when Wlad was knocked down he got back to his feet didnt he?Because he is a warrior a man not some cowardly chicken like Tyson.If a bum like Douglas could out boxing and stop Tyson then why would any sane person think a superior faster fighter who punched alot harder and had a better chin like Sanders would of done it easier?When did Tyson ever fight a guy like Peter who came to knock your block off?Why assume he would take him punch or assume he could hurt him with his power?Tyson never showed he could hurt any other world class fighter and he wouldnt hurt or make it out of 2 or so rounds with Peter.
Let us to go Michael Moorer a another man who people claim can't take a punch.Moorer first of off fought better people than Tyson did.He fought Tua,Holyfield 2 times when he had some gas in his tank and he fought Foreman a guy Tyson avoided like the plague.Foreman knocked Moorer out so big deal.Even at that age Foreman was still the hardest puncher at that time.In the second Holyfield fight Moorer was a different fighter.His ego was shot to hell from losing to Foreman and still he did alot better against Holyfield than Tyson did.Moorers power hurt Holyfield which is the reason he got ****y and opened himself up and was knocked down 5 times and each time got back to his feet.Can Tyson even claim to do this?And Finally Moorer should of never fought Tua.Moorer should of retired for good after the second Holyfield fight.Moorer heart didnt seem to be in it anymore.In any case most people consider a in shape Tua to have one of the best hooks that boxing has seen in a while so again no shame in losing to Tua.
But all 3 of these fighters i named a put down just so you can build up Tyson with your bullcrap.Tyson has no heart.No chin and only has power to knock out C level fighters.Get over it.Being angry about it wont make him as good as the Norton's Foreman's Frazier's Holyfield's Bowe's ect ect ect so just drop it.

Abe Attell
05-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Ali, not known as a "Puncher", Knocked out big George...given, George was tired, but still got dropped by a good punch right on the button; with of course the help of Foreman's fatigue...Tyson was fatigued many rounds before being knocked out, and took way to many punches...Douglas isn't a devastating puncher, but you act like he is feather fisted. Didn't you see the massive uppercut that landed flush on the chin?

For Tyson never showing he could get back up to win: true, but it was because Tyson wasn't easy to knock down because he was able to take so much punishment, and by the time he was finally put down, the wall was toppled. When Tyson is stunned, he tries to stay up, instead like some fighters that just go down; Pride is a *****. Remember when he was stunned by Razor Ruddock in the first fight, what did he do? he fought back, even waiving his hand as a gesture to "bring it on."

For Tyson not being able to take Holyfields power:
Holyfield can punch, just not a "big puncher"...One thing Holyfield said of why he knew he could beat Tyson was, "The one thing I noticed about Tyson was that he wasn't taking any punches since coming out of prison"...what was the meaning?
Years of rotting away in Prison can take away that ability to take those punches that you once were so used to...your body adapts to its full potential when being trained on taking a punch. If you notice when Tyson was hurt the first time by Evander it was from both of them throwing at the same time, except Evander was able to land his first; with the momentum of Mike's body going into the punch, it made it that much more devastating.

For Tyson's punching Power: I don't think he hits as hard as the nuthuggers think he did, like the Mike Tyson from "Mike Tyson's Punchout", but no doubt the guy could crack; his speed, accuracy,leverage and strength were the key to his power; unlike Foreman who was just brute Force and didn't need what Tyson needed. You do realize he was the only guy to Knockout Larry Holmes...even at Larry's age, he would later go on to fight some good fights against top fighters and not get knocked out.
Tyson is also a guy that is only 5'10-5'11, beating up taller and sometimes bigger guys.

Dempsey 1919
05-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Ali, not known as a "Puncher", Knocked out big George...given, George was tired, but still got dropped by a good punch right on the button; with of course the help of Foreman's fatigue...Tyson was fatigued many rounds before being knocked out, and took way to many punches...Douglas isn't a devastating puncher, but you act like he is feather fisted. Didn't you see the massive uppercut that landed flush on the chin?

For Tyson never showing he could get back up to win: true, but it was because Tyson wasn't easy to knock down because he was able to take so much punishment, and by the time he was finally put down, the wall was toppled. When Tyson is stunned, he tries to stay up, instead like some fighters that just go down; Pride is a *****. Remember when he was stunned by Razor Ruddock in the first fight, what did he do? he fought back, even waiving his hand as a gesture to "bring it on."

For Tyson not being able to take Holyfields power:
Holyfield can punch, just not a "big puncher"...One thing Holyfield said of why he knew he could beat Tyson was, "The one thing I noticed about Tyson was that he wasn't taking any punches since coming out of prison"...what was the meaning?
Years of rotting away in Prison can take away that ability to take those punches that you once were so used to...your body adapts to its full potential when being trained on taking a punch. If you notice when Tyson was hurt the first time by Evander it was from both of them throwing at the same time, except Evander was able to land his first; with the momentum of Mike's body going into the punch, it made it that much more devastating.

For Tyson's punching Power: I don't think he hits as hard as the nuthuggers think he did, like the Mike Tyson from "Mike Tyson's Punchout", but no doubt the guy could crack; his speed, accuracy,leverage and strength were the key to his power; unlike Foreman who was just brute Force and didn't need what Tyson needed. You do realize he was the only guy to Knockout Larry Holmes...even at Larry's age, he would later go on to fight some good fights against top fighters and not get knocked out.
Tyson is also a guy that is only 5'10-5'11, beating up taller and sometimes bigger guys.

good points.

joeytrimble
05-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Joey little child Foreman was only 6'4 and about 220 to 230 in his prime.Lewis was a little bigger and there are tons of guys alot bigger so Foreman being so called big has nothing to do with his chin.
And Joey i know you love to bang men but you arent Lewis.Are you in his head?Do you know what his thought process is or was?He said he toyed with Tyson.He never jumped on Tyson you retard and tried to take him out.He would land a decent punch and smile and walk back.Simple minded little kids act like Lewis jumped on Tyson like Lewis jumped on Golota and Tyson just walked thru it.
And again you are Tyson how do you know how much energy he had?Did he tell you?Are you one of Tyson's male lovers?Tyson was knocked stupid by a decent not great punch.Did a washed up Holyfield get knocked out by Lewis?How many times was Tua on his azz against Tyson?Was Vitali knocked out by Lewis?Wait i don't think so and you know why?Because none of them were glass chin bums who made a career out of impressing pedophiles and rapist like you.
Lol do you think because you say "F" Norton that will prove something?I guess that makes you some big tough guy now right?A cowardly little boy who worships a man who beats women.I see why so many women go lesbian on us men.It is because of the ones like you who can only get layed by raping them.You are so damn sad i bet you couldn't even pay to get booty.
Norton will always be a superior fighter to Tyson.Norton beat people who were in their primes who were good.Ali 3 times getting robbed twice,Quarry and he beat a prime Holmes and got robbed.When Norton did lose he lost to the hardest punchers in boxing history.Norton would never of gotten his butt kicked by some bum like Douglas.He would never be clowned by Holyfield.He may of lost but no like Tyson did.When you think of Norton you think of a great man who gave everything he had in the ring.When you think of Tyson you think of a black man who disgrace the black race and disgrace boxing.A clown a fool.A man who never beat anybody worth mentioning.A man who fought so many bums in his career that you had to build up some of the bums to make it seem like he was fighting somebody.
How many times did Norton pay a fighter 5 million dollars to avoid him?How many times did a fighter call Norton out and he pissed his pants and avoided them?Foreman,Shavers and Cooney had 120 wins and 110 knock outs at the time they beat Norton and in the Cooney and Shavers fight Norton was washed up.Douglas alone had more people go the distance with him than the guys who knocked out Norton.
I bet you are the same morons who will say Morrison had a poor chin even though he was knocked out 3 times to Tysons 5.I bet you idiots will say this. "Tyson wasn't knocked down by one punch so it must mean he had a better chin than Morrison" Wrong Morrison did alot better against Lewis than Tyson did and when Morrison was knocked down he got back up.It wasnt a one punch knock out.Mercer landed at least 20 punches on Morrison to ice him and Bent knocked Morrison down but Morrison got up all 3 times.
Wlad has a bad chin right?When only Sanders and Peter knocked him down.Both Sanders and Peter are harder punchers than anybody who knocked out Tyson..Well maybe Lewis hits a little harder but anyway when Wlad was knocked down he got back to his feet didnt he?Because he is a warrior a man not some cowardly chicken like Tyson.If a bum like Douglas could out boxing and stop Tyson then why would any sane person think a superior faster fighter who punched alot harder and had a better chin like Sanders would of done it easier?When did Tyson ever fight a guy like Peter who came to knock your block off?Why assume he would take him punch or assume he could hurt him with his power?Tyson never showed he could hurt any other world class fighter and he wouldnt hurt or make it out of 2 or so rounds with Peter.
Let us to go Michael Moorer a another man who people claim can't take a punch.Moorer first of off fought better people than Tyson did.He fought Tua,Holyfield 2 times when he had some gas in his tank and he fought Foreman a guy Tyson avoided like the plague.Foreman knocked Moorer out so big deal.Even at that age Foreman was still the hardest puncher at that time.In the second Holyfield fight Moorer was a different fighter.His ego was shot to hell from losing to Foreman and still he did alot better against Holyfield than Tyson did.Moorers power hurt Holyfield which is the reason he got ****y and opened himself up and was knocked down 5 times and each time got back to his feet.Can Tyson even claim to do this?And Finally Moorer should of never fought Tua.Moorer should of retired for good after the second Holyfield fight.Moorer heart didnt seem to be in it anymore.In any case most people consider a in shape Tua to have one of the best hooks that boxing has seen in a while so again no shame in losing to Tua.
But all 3 of these fighters i named a put down just so you can build up Tyson with your bullcrap.Tyson has no heart.No chin and only has power to knock out C level fighters.Get over it.Being angry about it wont make him as good as the Norton's Foreman's Frazier's Holyfield's Bowe's ect ect ect so just drop it.

did i bone your mom in my sleep or something? jesus christ i just said tysons got a better chin then norton and was a greater fighter

im right in my points you've got yours but come on does that require so much homoerotic exploits? if you got bounced off your dads **** like a basketball take it to the doctores man dont repeatedly call someone a gay rapist lmao chill bro ! its only boxing i aint getting caught in traffic with your ass

Dempsey 1919
05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
did i bone your mom in my sleep or something? jesus christ i just said tysons got a better chin then norton and was a greater fighter

im right in my points you've got yours but come on does that require so much homoerotic exploits? if you got bounced off your dads **** like a basketball take it to the doctores man dont repeatedly call someone a gay rapist lmao chill bro ! its only boxing i aint getting caught in traffic with your ass

don't mind him. if someone disagrees with this guy even a little bit, he jumps all over them calling them homo's and other names. he should realize that this is a boxing forum, and people will give their opinions, and not everyone thinks the same, so people will have different opinions, and everyone doesn't have to think the exact same things he does.

joeytrimble
05-26-2006, 09:11 PM
don't mind him. if someone disagrees with this guy even a little bit, he jumps all over them calling them homo's and other names. he should realize that this is a boxing forum, and people will give their opinions, and not everyone thinks the same, so people will have different opinions, and everyone doesn't have to think the exact same things he does.

this is the kinda guy who gets outta the shower to take a leak!

kinda prick that pays for nail clippers with a check !

kinda ******* you can take a picture of his ass...i mean face to a funeral for comic relief! OH! forget about it

LondonRingRules
05-27-2006, 05:02 PM
that is a pretty lame answer.if tyson could punch as hard as people claim then he was never out of a fight,did you see how steward was beating up foreman?did foreman go down?no because he had a great chin.and how many times did norton go down period from light punchers like holyfield and douglas?he was ko'd by the top punchers of all times
** Typically you're clueless with inane questions. Norton was knocked cold several times. Tyson was never knocked cold, and was only stopped after he had stopped training and became a recreational boxer. Norton only faced a few big punchers and failed the chin test most every time. Tyson met several big punchers and usually won. Study up.

SquareCircle
05-27-2006, 08:39 PM
tyson was scared ****less of foreman when tyson was 22 or 23

he punked king when king asked him about fighting foreman

tommyhearns804
05-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Lol child Douglas,Holyfield and Lewis had Tyson out cold.What ****ing Ken Norton are you talking about?Norton was on his feet when the fight was stopped against Foreman and Shavers.And when the **** did Holyfield or Douglas become punchers?Ali was a much better puncher than Douglas or Holyfield (Ali could actually knocked a prime Foreman down when Holyfield couldnt knock down a old one) .
Tyson was knocked out 5 times to Nortons 4 and i believe 5 is more than 4 so you study up child until then you are just another moron i had to put on my ignore list.bye bye

Dempsey 1919
05-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Lol child Douglas,Holyfield and Lewis had Tyson out cold.What ****ing Ken Norton are you talking about?Norton was on his feet when the fight was stopped against Foreman and Shavers.And when the **** did Holyfield or Douglas become punchers?Ali was a much better puncher than Douglas or Holyfield (Ali could actually knocked a prime Foreman down when Holyfield couldnt knock down a old one) .
Tyson was knocked out 5 times to Nortons 4 and i believe 5 is more than 4 so you study up child until then you are just another moron i had to put on my ignore list.bye bye

actually, foreman knocked norton out, i saw the fight.

Abe Attell
05-28-2006, 03:48 AM

Tyson wasn't "out cold": he was knocked out, but not out cold...Out Cold refers to somebody that is laying on the floor with no movement, lifeless, ex: Rocky knocked Walcott "out cold", this is the correct use.

Tyson was "out on his feet" for Holyfield is the correct way of putting it for that fight; it was ruled a TKO victory for Holyfield.

Tyson was hurt, and "Dazed and Confused" {had to throw that in there since I liked the movie :D } against Douglas and Lewis, though Douglas knock-down appeared to be worse...both times he tried to get up, and you can't do this when you are "Out Cold"

For being knocked out more times than another fighter really proves little unless you use who the fighter was knocked out by, how many punches it took to knock him out, when in his career as he knocked out and how many times in his prime, including what type of shape the fighter was in, and how many fights the fighter fought.

LondonRingRules
05-28-2006, 09:28 AM
you are just another moron i had to put on my ignore list.bye bye
** Thank goodness. You're too stupid to know when I make fun of you anyways!

Pugnacious_Z
05-28-2006, 09:36 AM
i dont know why the oufter tommyhearns posts on here anymore and he puts ppl on ignore coz hes an infantile retard. i can tell 4 sure that hes never stepped foot in a boxing ring