View Full Version : If John Ruiz Beats Haye, Will He Be Inducted In The IBHOF?

Southpaw16BF
04-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Say if Ruiz is to beat Haye tommorow. He will then be a 3 time HW champion. Will he be inducted in the IBHOF?

Joey Giardello
04-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Say if Ruiz is to beat Haye tommorow. He will then be a 3 time HW champion. Will he be inducted in the IBHOF?

Yes i think if ruiz was to become a 3 time wba heavyweight champion he would book his place in the ibhf, he is a better fight than jess wilard was, and his win over evander is better than wilard's win over an untrained past his best johnson who was schooling wilard until he tired

fight_professor
04-02-2010, 04:43 PM
He'd force his way in.

JAB5239
04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Yes i think if ruiz was to become a 3 time wba heavyweight champion he would book his place in the ibhf, he is a better fight than jess wilard was, and his win over evander is better than wilard's win over an untrained past his best johnson who was schooling wilard until he tired

Very good point Joey.

Jim Jeffries
04-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Considering that he fought a past prime Evander, Fres Oquendo (or was it Rahman, that interim garbage confuses me) and now a Haye that hasn't yet proven himself at HW, for those three titles, I'd say no.

I still consider this particular WBA a paper title since Chagaev was rather quickly stripped of it, and Valuev needed a gift over a hundred year old Holyfield to "win" it back.

Great accomplishment yes, but HOFer? Not yet.

Southpaw16BF
04-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Considering that he fought a past prime Evander, Fres Oquendo (or was it Rahman, that interim garbage confuses me) and now a Haye that hasn't yet proven himself at HW, for those three titles, I'd say no.

I still consider this particular WBA a paper title since Chagaev was rather quickly stripped of it, and Valuev needed a gift over a hundred year old Holyfield to "win" it back.

Great accomplishment yes, but HOFer? Not yet.

But Barry McGuigan and Jess Willard are?

Jim Jeffries
04-02-2010, 07:17 PM
But Barry McGuigan and Jess Willard are?

Back when there was only one title, quite a few of the HW champs made it to the HOF, especially if they had wins over greats like Joe Louis or Jack Johnson.

Southpaw16BF
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Back when there was only one title, quite a few of the HW champs made it to the HOF, especially if they had wins over greats like Joe Louis or Jack Johnson.

But Johnson was completey washed up at the time. And Willard was still beaten up for most of the fight, before Johnson tired.

Willard then took the title hostage and never defended it for years, and hated the sport of boxing.

Jim Jeffries
04-02-2010, 07:46 PM
But Johnson was completey washed up at the time. And Willard was still beaten up for most of the fight, before Johnson tired.

Willard then took the title hostage and never defended it for years, and hated the sport of boxing.

Hey you don't need to convince me, I don't think Willard deserves to be there either. I was just offering reasons why he was.

But I still don't think Ruiz will have done enough, even if he gets past Haye (the weakest of the current HW titlists.) Luckily for you, my vote won't count.

Southpaw16BF
04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey you don't need to convince me, I don't think Willard deserves to be there either. I was just offering reasons why he was.

But I still don't think Ruiz will have done enough, even if he gets past Haye (the weakest of the current HW titlists.) Luckily for you, my vote won't count.

Fair enough.

TBear
04-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Perhaps it might depend on how is up for induction that year but he has a good chance.