View Full Version : Whats next for Roy Big Country Nelson?Struve?

Dice
03-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Possibly Junior Dos Santos, websites are reporting that Cain Velasquez is getting the next title shot after Carwin and that Dos Santos has to fight at least one more time.

Dana White, in the reports the sites are posting, says Cain wont fight Cigano but will wait for the Carwin Lesnar winner, and that Dos Santos is fighting agian during that time and his opponent was reporting to being either Frank Mir or the Nelson-Struve winner.

I think Dos Santos will ko Nelson but u cant count out Nelson.

I think Struve needs some build up fights before he gets some serious contenders and a fight with a Ben Rothwell, Chris Tuchsner wud be good for him

StillUnknown
03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Nelson vs. JDS makes alot of sense

Dice
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Nelson vs. JDS makes alot of sense

Cain vs JDS makes more sense to me, Cain needs to fight someone with Carwin like power and JDS needs to fight someone with Brock like wrestling.

Roy is obviously a beast tho so you might as well give him the top comp

kaps
04-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Nelson vs Mir maybe? He already beat him in a sub wrestling match. Let's see them fight...

StillUnknown
04-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Cain vs JDS makes more sense to me, Cain needs to fight someone with Carwin like power and JDS needs to fight someone with Brock like wrestling.

Roy is obviously a beast tho so you might as well give him the top comp

i agree that Cain/JDS is the better fight, but they've already said Cain is sitting out until he faces the winner of Lesnar/Carwin

Clegg
04-01-2010, 12:33 AM
I really hate Nelson, so yeah hopefully he does get put in with someone like Cain as I think he'd get destroyed in the first round.

After seeing what an annoying cunt he was on TUF, I went and watched his fight with Arlovski several times and laughed.

snakey112
04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I really hate Nelson, so yeah hopefully he does get put in with someone like Cain as I think he'd get destroyed in the first round.

After seeing what an annoying cunt he was on TUF, I went and watched his fight with Arlovski several times and laughed.

wtf?

nelson is hilarious, how can you hate him? he wasn't annoying at all and he would have beaten arlovski if it wasn't for that bull**** standup

M Deezy
04-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Nelson vs Toney lol i would actually wanna see it. Hey he called out toney in the post fight interview. And i dont see anyone else they can put up against toney

StillUnknown
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Nelson vs Toney lol i would actually wanna see it. Hey he called out toney in the post fight interview. And i dont see anyone else they can put up against toney

Randy Couture wants to fight him

KESSLER
04-01-2010, 01:14 PM
A diet :D. lol, I would like to see him fight James Toney.. Battle of the bellies!

StillUnknown
04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7206/bctrain1.jpg

roy nelson's training paid off lol

kaps
04-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Randy Couture wants to fight him

Word is Randy is fighting Franklin...

A diet :D. lol, I would like to see him fight James Toney.. Battle of the bellies!

The Battle of the Cattle!

LMAO @ that pic. Roy is a funny mother****er....

Eric Holder
04-01-2010, 01:22 PM

I think I saw a video of Jeff Monson training like that also, :rofl:

Dorian
04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Frank Mir would be a good fight, JDS also. He has options..

sebspeed
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I didn't like Roy that much, but he impressed me last night. It was one of the best Ko's I've ever seen live in the MMA. A highlight reel punch right on the button. I think it goes right after the Henderson-Bisping Ko for the best Ko I've seen live on TV.

PS: I only watched about 5-6 UFC cards live lol

murmagic
04-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Nelson Vs Mir needs to happen!

hateinyaeyes32
04-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Possibly Junior Dos Santos, websites are reporting that Cain Velasquez is getting the next title shot after Carwin and that Dos Santos has to fight at least one more time.

Dana White, in the reports the sites are posting, says Cain wont fight Cigano but will wait for the Carwin Lesnar winner, and that Dos Santos is fighting agian during that time and his opponent was reporting to being either Frank Mir or the Nelson-Struve winner.

I think Dos Santos will ko Nelson but u cant count out Nelson.

I think Struve needs some build up fights before he gets some serious contenders and a fight with a Ben Rothwell, Chris Tuchsner wud be good for him
I dont think they should be tossing Nelson in there with the likes of Junior Dos Santos just yet... As much as I want him to succeed and move faster, it's just not smart, he needs a few more fights against lesser known guys, and he needs to step up in competition gradually. He's older so he wants to get a title shot quicker of course, but I dont think he deserves it either just yet. And I give credit to Cain Velasquez because he beat my favorite MMA fighter of all time Nogueira, and am happy he's going to get the next title shot after the Lesnar-Carwin fight, but I dont think he should get it just yet either. I think that Junior Dos Santos and Cain need to fight, theyve both been on a collision course since joining the UFC, and all paths for me up to this point have had these two guys meeting up to find out who the number one contender for the next title fight is... Sure Cain beat Nogueira, a legend and a top contender as well, but I still think he needs one more fight, and it only makes sense that the fight would be against Junior Dos Santos.. Why give Dos Santos a fight with Frank Mir? Mir just lost, he needs another win imo before he gets to fight Dos Santos, who has been dominant and been on a roll getting wins ever since he came to the UFC. How they dont have Cain-Junior fight is beyond me, and both guys could have plenty of time off to rest and train to fight in July at the UFC 116 when Lesnar fights Carwin, on the undercard, and that would be beneficial to both winners as theyd have the exact same amount of time between fights to get ready for their championship fight.... Dana White kinda ****ed up with that one, Cain-Junior needs to happen...

As for Nelson though, he needs to fight a few lesser known guys like I said, and if he can put together a string of 2 or 3 wins, stepping up the competition level of his opponents with each fight, and still keep winning, then give him a big fight like Dos Santos... Usually Dana White likes to "protect" his Ultimate Fighter winners and keep them with padded records and build them up for a longer period of time than other fighters get to have to become a contender, but it dont seem this way with Roy if he's going to get put in with Dos Santos already.. Maybe it's because Dana dont like Roy, or maybe it's that he respects him too much that he's more a veteran of the fight game than his other ultimate fighter winners, or maybe it's just that, he's more experienced so maybe he'll be able to handle a big fight better than the rest of those cats... We will see

StillUnknown
04-02-2010, 11:25 AM
^^^^Roy isn't some rookie though, he's been fighting for a long time now, and against good competition (he fought Arlovski before doing the show)

he isn't the "typical" fighter that wins TUF and needs to be pushed slowly. Roy probably will never be champ, but he's too good to waste time fighting the lower tier HW's the UFC can throw at him

hateinyaeyes32
04-02-2010, 02:29 PM
^^^^Roy isn't some rookie though, he's been fighting for a long time now, and against good competition (he fought Arlovski before doing the show)

he isn't the "typical" fighter that wins TUF and needs to be pushed slowly. Roy probably will never be champ, but he's too good to waste time fighting the lower tier HW's the UFC can throw at him
You make a good point, but I would absolutely love to see Big Country as the UFC Heavyweight Champion.

Dice
04-03-2010, 02:34 AM
You make a good point, but I would absolutely love to see Big Country as the UFC Heavyweight Champion.

You never know, it could happen, he's got the jui jitsu to be dangerous on the ground and hes upping his striking.

Dos Santos isnt fighting Cain because the UFC doesnt want to eliminate all the contenders already nor do they wanna use up all the good fights.

Cain vs JDS is good now but what if Cain beats the carwin/brock winner and Dos Santos ko's his next opponent and these two meet for the title?

phallus
04-03-2010, 07:34 PM
i'd like to see nelson vs. frank mir, the BJJ would be awesome. if roy can beat frank, even dana will be impressed

Kakutogi-Gumi
04-03-2010, 10:43 PM
i'd like to see nelson vs. frank mir, the BJJ would be awesome. if roy can beat frank, even dana will be impressed

He has beaten Frank.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dj5xMeXybs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dj5xMeXybs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

F l i c k e r
04-05-2010, 02:28 AM
I liked Big Country since IFL. I really hope he gets his body in shape. It looked like he finally started trading the fat for muscle. He can get away with his fat-body when fighting the journeymen, even Kongo and Kimbo but once he has to step up to Cain, Carwin, and Brock. I think the size and strength will neutralize his skill and experience.

kaps
04-05-2010, 03:33 AM
He has beaten Frank.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dj5xMeXybs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dj5xMeXybs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

@ Grapplers quest. Let's see them fight....