View Full Version : thinking about getting these Grant Campeon Hook&Loop gloves.. comments please

paulsinghnl
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
hey guys,

i was thinkin about getting the Grant Hook and Loop Campeon Gloves 16 oz, i'm a hw but i dont really have big hands, i was thinkin 18 oz, but my trainer says its ok.

http://shop.boxrec.com/boxing-gloves/training-boxing-gloves/grant-campeon-hook-and-loop-gloves.html

i never used laces cuz its too much work, i like it simple unless u guys think thats better..

so anyway, i got confused, are these like the best AFFORDABLE training gloves? let me know. (cuz winning and flores.. i know.. i know)

I3C727
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Really really really bad gloves. Made in china and they are HUGE. the 14oz feel like 18oz. I returned them as soon as I opened the box.

I would definitely go with something else. Get some everlast pro or Grant Pro Training. Those are very very good if you can get the extra cash.

Hi-Dro
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
they suck man

get some heavier gloves with more padding on them

Hi-Dro
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
they suck man

get some heavier gloves with more padding on them

paulsinghnl
03-31-2010, 11:30 PM
thanks guys for saving me from a bad buy, i was really considering it.

http://shop.boxrec.com/boxing-gloves/training-boxing-gloves/everlast-boxing-protex3-training-boxing-gloves-leather.html

what about the everlast protex 3 training gloves then? i will get a 16 or 18 oz, what u guys think? are these the good ones?

shogunn
04-01-2010, 12:28 AM
damn, I was considering htem too.

Can anyone else recommend good sparring gloves, hook and loop?

Red Rocket
04-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Go for the Reyes gloves, they are the business.

Don't compare the Grant Campeon gloves to the Pro range.

You can't expect to get an handmade pair of Mexican gloves for 70-80.

Best

Dave

Shop@BoxRec

rochemback
04-18-2010, 10:58 AM
The Grant Campeon are huge indeed, I have them in 14oz, but I mainly use them for bagwork only, as they are really heavy compared to other gloves. So it really depends on what you want to use them for, but personally, I wouldn't use them as my main training gloves. That said, they offer lot of protection and even great wrist support for hook and loop gloves.

As for the Protex 3, I love those. Very compact, good and hard padding and also decent wrist support. Very good quality for that money, in my opinion.