View Full Version : Roy Jones Jr Or Alexis Arguello, Who Was Greater?

Southpaw16BF
03-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Who shall be remebered as the greater in your opinion and why?

JAB5239
03-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Who shall be remebered as the greater in your opinion and why?

Roy was more talented, but resume trumps skills. Arguello.

Joey Giardello
03-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Roy was more talented, but resume trumps skills. Arguello.

Roy going from middleweight champion to heavyweight champion is better than anything arguello done, its roy for me

JAB5239
03-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Roy going from middleweight champion to heavyweight champion is better than anything arguello done, its roy for me

Roy was never seen as the middleweight nor heavyweight champion. Just a mere titlist. Arguello's overall resume is better than Roys.

alexisarguello8
03-29-2010, 03:46 AM
arguello is better in my opinion

sonnyboyx2
03-29-2010, 06:56 AM
its difficult to say who was the greater, Roy Jones was far more dominant but a member called`Hellboy` will try to claim Jones was nothing more than a journeyman

cooper5
03-29-2010, 07:07 AM
It is a hard one. Many of the fighters Arguello beat went on to become campions but the same could be said for Roy. Arguello was the more likable(nicer & humble) IMO, but thats not what you are asking huh?

Snopkins
03-29-2010, 07:19 AM
If we were to go that route,then you could argue that Roy Jones never fought alongside an extremist rebel group that commited many great atrocities.

Ziggy Stardust
03-29-2010, 09:45 AM
If we were to go that route, then you could argue that Roy Jones never fought against a brutal Communinst junta that commited many great atrocities.

Fixed it for ya :fing02:

Poet

mickey malone
03-29-2010, 09:48 AM
If we were to go that route,then you could argue that Roy Jones never fought alongside an extremist rebel group that commited many great atrocities.
Well we're not going down that route are we.. And besides, what you doing with green on your avatar?.. I think it's time you had some more red..

I'll go with Alexis, but only by a whisker, as inbetween fighting with a rebel group he still managed to fight in the ring a lot more often than Jones.. He's probably got more KO's in a shorter 14 year career, than what Jones has had fights..

Ziggy Stardust
03-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Well we're not going down that route are we.. And besides, what you doing with green on your avatar?.. I think it's time you had some more red..

I'll go with Alexis, but only by a whisker, as inbetween fighting with a rebel group he still managed to fight in the ring a lot more often than Jones.. He's probably got more KO's in a shorter 14 year career, than what Jones has had fights..

BPP must be asleep at the wheel: Slimeypoophead is about 5 days overdue for his latest ban :D

Poet

Snopkins
03-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Fixed it for ya :fing02:

Poet

The kidnapping,rape,torture and the murder of innocent civilians isn't something to sympathise with.

Castro and his 26th of July Movement fought and overthrew a brutal,corrupt dictator and I don't suppose you would support that cause,would you?

Ziggy Stardust
03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
The kidnapping,rape,torture and the murder of innocent civilians isn't something to sympathise with.

I find it rather ironic that you're sympathising with an ideology no better than that of the Nazis, not to mention being responsible for more kidnapping, rape, torture and MASS murder of innocent civilians than any ideology in the history of mankind.

Castro and his 26th of July Movement fought and overthrew a brutal,corrupt dictator and I don't suppose you would support that cause,would you?

Nope! Because like all Communists he replaced it with a worse brutal, corrupt dictatorship worse than the one that came before :chairshot

Poet

CarlosG815
03-29-2010, 11:00 PM
And besides, what you doing with green on your avatar?.. I think it's time you had some more red..

lmao this had me lol'n. I think he had his boyfriend Hellboy rep him, then they simultaneously red K'd me.

Love it, Mick.`

Ziggy Stardust
03-29-2010, 11:22 PM
lmao this had me lol'n. I think he had his boyfriend Hellboy rep him, then they simultaneously red K'd me.

Love it, Mick.`

Naw, Snopkins has no friends on Boxing Scene. Hellboy seems to be a cut above and I can't see him making common-cause with a gutter-snipe like Snopkins.

Poet

CarlosG815
03-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Naw, Snopkins has no friends on Boxing Scene. Hellboy seems to be a cut above and I can't see him making common-cause with a gutter-snipe like Snopkins.

Poet

Maybe so, but I wouldn't call a guy who thinks Lennox Lewis is greater than The Great Roy Jones Jr "a cut above."

Ziggy Stardust
03-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Maybe so, but I wouldn't call a guy who thinks Lennox Lewis is greater than The Great Roy Jones Jr "a cut above."

I've seen far worse. Hell, go to NSB and I'm sure you'll find someone who'll tell you Wlad Klitschko is greater than Jones and Ali combined. I caught hell from more than a few posters for ranking Jones #15 all-time p4p :dunno:

Poet

CarlosG815
03-30-2010, 12:35 AM
I've seen far worse. Hell, go to NSB and I'm sure you'll find someone who'll tell you Wlad Klitschko is greater than Jones and Ali combined. I caught hell from more than a few posters for ranking Jones #15 all-time p4p :dunno:

Poet

Most of the people on NSB only watch Manny Pacquiao fight. They've never seen anybody else. Go name any fantasy fight with Pacquiao on NSB. Hell you could say Ray Robinson and they'd pick Pac to win KO.

But those people won't take their debate to the extent that Hellboy does.

Just sayin'.

Ziggy Stardust
03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Most of the people on NSB only watch Manny Pacquiao fight. They've never seen anybody else. Go name any fantasy fight with Pacquiao on NSB. Hell you could say Ray Robinson and they'd pick Pac to win KO.

But those people won't take their debate to the extent that Hellboy does.

Just sayin'.

Oh I have: I smack nuthuggers of all stripes. I've gone round and round with *****s who claim Floyd would KO George Foreman and dumb sh1t like that. Not to mention my bi-monthly wars with Klitlickers. I usually shut the *******s up when I tell them he ain't Jesus.

Poet

The Hate Giver
03-30-2010, 01:28 AM
roy was the better fighter but arguello has the better resume.

CarlosG815
03-30-2010, 02:24 AM
bi-monthly wars with Klitlickers. I usually shut the *******s up when I tell them he ain't Jesus.

Poet

In the Phillipines he is

mickey malone
03-30-2010, 03:30 AM

Love it, Mick.`
Good sport with the catapult! lol..
Snotkins redK'd me for my sig, so i was just returning the compliment..
Have some green from me, just to even the score!

Snopkins
03-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Lol at CarlosG815 trying to fit in with the crusty old geezers of this forum.I don't know if he thinks doing so will gain him respect or give him credibility as a student on the history of the sport of boxing,but boxing fan who claims that "Ali beat Foreman with footwork" is a boxing fan not to be taken seriously.

I find it rather ironic that you're sympathising with an ideology no better than that of the Nazis, not to mention being responsible for more kidnapping, rape, torture and MASS murder of innocent civilians than any ideology in the history of mankind.

And where did I sympathise with the Sandinistas? I know that Arguello did at one time and that his brother died fighting for it's cause.

Do you dare deny the crimes that the Contras commited?

Support terrorists do you?

Nope! Because like all Communists he replaced it with a worse brutal, corrupt dictatorship worse than the one that came before :chairshot

Poet

Worse? Lol.The sad thing with yanks of your generation is that you swallowed every last bit of the poison Reagan fed you nasty little cretins.You people genuinely do believe that these Anti-Communist dictators were the good,honest leaders that your hero praised and shared a platform with.

Good sport with the catapult! lol..
Snotkins redK'd me for my sig, so i was just returning the compliment..
Have some green from me, just to even the score!

A middle aged man who stole money from his parents to move to a third world country riddled with poverty and perverts.............and I should take what you say seriously because?

mickey malone
03-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Ouote; Pantie Snoper: A middle aged man who stole money from his parents to move to a third world country riddled with poverty and perverts.............and I should take what you say seriously because?

And a retard who thinks this is a site for discussing Political Oppressions

Snopkins
03-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Note that Malone has never actually denied stealing money from his parents nor did he ever specify why exactly he would move to a third world country that is well known for ladyboys and the trafficking of young children.

mickey malone
03-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Note that Malone has never actually denied stealing money from his parents nor did he ever specify why exactly he would move to a third world country that is well known for ladyboys and the trafficking of young children.
Haha, back to red again.. Another little job well done I see..

Incidently, what old persons home are you in now?.. I'll send over some Thai silk to put on yer lap if you like..

CarlosG815
03-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Lol at CarlosG815 trying to fit in with the crusty old geezers of this forum.

Says the guy who calls the Great Joe Frazier a bum.

You're an idiot and you expected to be taken seriously? You have an avatar with Joe Frazier going down to a guy that he beat twice.

You're an idiot, dude. The worst kind of idiot. The kind that believes he knows things that others do not. What is it about Frazier that you know that others don't?

:fu2:

Southpaw16BF
03-30-2010, 12:56 PM

You're an idiot and you expected to be taken seriously? You have an avatar with Joe Frazier going down to a guy that he beat twice.

You're an idiot, dude. The worst kind of idiot. The kind that believes he knows things that others do not. What is it about Frazier that you know that others don't?

Frazier never beat Foreman..........

CarlosG815
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Frazier never beat Foreman..........

That's in his sig.

His avatar is a pic of Frazier going down against Bonavena in their first fight, in which he went down twice in the 2nd back came back and whipped his ass.

Do you think I'm that stupid dude? I know Frazier never beat Foreman.

Ziggy Stardust
03-30-2010, 02:20 PM
And where did I sympathise with the Sandinistas?

Opposition to one side of an equation implies support of it's opposite. Now I realize classical logic is too taxing for your wee wittle brain but seriously most spastics I've met have higher brain functions than you do.

Do you dare deny the crimes that the Contras commited? Support terrorists do you?

Dare you deny the crimes of the Communists? Support mass-murderers do you?

Worse? Lol.The sad thing with yanks of your generation is that you swallowed every last bit of the poison Reagan fed you nasty little cretins.You people genuinely do believe that these Anti-Communist dictators were the good,honest leaders that your hero praised and shared a platform with.

Classic FAIL. History backs me to the hilt on the mass-murders perpetuated by the Communists. The Soviet archives released after the fall of the USSR proves the Soviet Union's crimes. The sad thing is with Euros of your generation is that you swallowed every last bit of the poison your Marxist intelligencia fed nasty little cretins.....ie. that's why the Marxists themselves refer to people like you as "useful idiots". Try reading "The Black Book Of Communisim" and enlighten yourself dunce.

Poet

DeepSleep
03-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Gee and I thought we would be discussing Roy Jones Jr. and Arguello in this thread...

The Sandinista's and the Contra's were both rather brutal factions, arguing who was worse is rather pointless.

Snopkins
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM

Oh dear.Accusing me of claims that I never made now are we?

The man in my avatar was blatantly robbed of victory against frazier at Madison Square Garden.You wouldn't know this of course as you don't actually watch boxing.

Opposition to one side of an equation implies support of it's opposite. Now I realize classical logic is too taxing for your wee wittle brain but seriously most spastics I've met have higher brain functions than you do.

Classic FAIL. History backs me to the hilt on the mass-murders perpetuated by the Communists. The Soviet archives released after the fall of the USSR proves the Soviet Union's crimes. The sad thing is with Euros of your generation is that you swallowed every last bit of the poison your Marxist intelligencia fed nasty little cretins.....ie. that's why the Marxists themselves refer to people like you as "useful idiots". Try reading "The Black Book Of Communisim" and enlighten yourself dunce.

Poet

There is nothing in my post that implied that I was a supporter of the Sandinistas or communism.I don't support terrorists and extremist groups no matter their ideology,religion,race ect.You on the other hand defended Arguello fighting alongside a terrorist group.Simply due to the fact that their politics opposed that of the regime that attempted to overthrow.

It is your refusal to accept the crimes of the groups that your hero supported that is the issue here.

CarlosG815
03-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Oh dear.Accusing me of claims that I never made now are we?

The man in my avatar was blatantly robbed of victory against frazier at Madison Square Garden.You wouldn't know this of course as you don't actually watch boxing.

There is nothing in my post that implied that I was a supporter of the Sandinistas or communism.I don't support terrorists and extremist groups no matter their ideology,religion,race ect.You on the other hand defended Arguello fighting alongside a terrorist group.Simply due to the fact that their politics opposed that of the regime that attempted to overthrow.

It is your refusal to accept the crimes of the groups that your hero supported that is the issue here.

Nobody cares, troll. :spank: