View Full Version : Jon Fitch

Dorian
03-28-2010, 03:48 AM
Deserves a rematch with GSP. I don't think he can beat GSP but I think he deserves another shot at GSP.

What do you guys think? He has racked up some dominant victories since their first fight.

MexicanMauler
03-28-2010, 04:52 AM
**** that. jon fish is GSP lite.
doesn't strike because he CAN'T! Gsp doesn't strike because he WONT.

snakey112
03-28-2010, 05:24 AM
I honestly just want gsp to move up to middleweight permanently, there's no one left in the ww division who can beat him

MexicanMauler
03-28-2010, 11:19 AM
I honestly just want gsp to move up to middleweight permanently, there's no one left in the ww division who can beat him

Josh Koscheck smiles at this post.

Dorian
03-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Boring or not, Fitch deserves a shot if GSP sticks around.

TheNegation
03-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Fitch needs another 2 solid wins before another shot. There just isn't a market out there that wants to see fight fight period, let alone for a title.

Fitch barely made it out of his fight with Mike Pierce.

- v e t -
03-28-2010, 02:29 PM

:fing02::fing02::fing02:

Dorian
03-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Fitch needs another 2 solid wins before another shot. There just isn't a market out there that wants to see fight fight period, let alone for a title.

Fitch barely made it out of his fight with Mike Pierce.

He would have beaten Thiago Alves if he wern't to pull out then he would have really deserved another shot at GSP but since the fight didn't happen, Fitch didn't get a big marketable win last night but it's not his fault.

All I'm saying is, If GSP stays at 170, I don't see anyone else who deserves a shot at the belt more than Fitch. He is 12-1 in the ufc.

Dorian
03-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Everybody is really high on Paulo Thiago and who's the first man to beat/dominate him?

StillUnknown
03-28-2010, 02:53 PM
i dont think Dana likes him much, he'll probably have to beat every contender in the UFC before he gets another shot

When asked if Fitch might be awarded a rematch next with St. Pierre, White described the wrestler as ***8220;in the mix.***8221; White then suggested a bout between Fitch and his AKA teammate Josh Koscheck to determine a clearer No. 1 contender. Fitch declined the offer, to which White responded that the fighter must not want a title shot bad enough.

***8220;If that fight happened, it would happen in our gym with the doors closed,***8221; said Fitch.

***8220;That would make a lot money,***8221; deadpanned White.

White said a May bout between Koscheck and rising contender Paul Daley would figure into the company***8217;s next welterweight moves. Thiago Alves, who was sidelined on Thursday for an irregular brain scan in his pre-fight exams and pulled from the card, is expected to make a speedier return than first anticipated as well. White did not rule out re-scheduling the Fitch-Alves rematch again.

i dont care much for Dana, but that line was funny as hell

Dice
03-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Its ok, Dana can keep feeding Fitch the entire WW division and everyone can ***** about the boring fights and fitch would have a 150-1 record in the UFC. Unless your GSP and maybe Jake Shields, who has the bjj to stifle all that wrestling, ur gonna see Jon Fitch getting his shoulder broke from having his hand raised in the cage so much

TheNegation
03-28-2010, 03:26 PM
He would have beaten Thiago Alves if he wern't to pull out

No he wouldn't have. Alves would have shrugged off the TD's and beat the crap out of Fitch for a UD win.

Sadly that was the most compelling fight on the card, too bad it didn't happen.

Like I said before, there is no market for a Jon Fitch rematch with GSP. Matter of fact there is no market at all for a guy GSP has already fought, to fight him again.

Paul Daley if he gets past Kos, or Jake Shields when his SF contract is up will be next for GSP.

Dice
03-28-2010, 03:45 PM
No he wouldn't have. Alves would have shrugged off the TD's and beat the crap out of Fitch for a UD win.

Sadly that was the most compelling fight on the card, too bad it didn't happen.

Like I said before, there is no market for a Jon Fitch rematch with GSP. Matter of fact there is no market at all for a guy GSP has already fought, to fight him again.

Paul Daley if he gets past Kos, or Jake Shields when his SF contract is up will be next for GSP.

Thiago Alves aint shruggin ***** off, Fitch would have taken him down repeatedly too, and Fitch can take a punch.

jakkups
03-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Thiago Alves aint shruggin ***** off, Fitch would have taken him down repeatedly too, and Fitch can take a punch.

Agreed. A rematch would play out just like the first fight did IMO.

TheNegation
03-28-2010, 03:55 PM

Alves shrugged off every Koscheck takedown attempt and speaking on credentials, Kos is a better wrestler than Fitch.

And don't even try to use the GSP fight as an indicator that Alves wouldn't have been able to shrug of Fitch. Fitch isn't even in the same league in terms of MMA wrestling compared to St. Pierre.

I know Fitch can take a punch that's why I said Thiago would win by UD. Dhurrr

Dorian
03-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Alves shrugged off every Koscheck takedown attempt and speaking on credentials, Kos is a better wrestler than Fitch.

And don't even try to use the GSP fight as an indicator that Alves wouldn't have been able to shrug of Fitch. Fitch isn't even in the same league in terms of MMA wrestling compared to St. Pierre.

I know Fitch can take a punch that's why I said Thiago would win by UD. Dhurrr

Fitch's ground game > Josh's ground game.

Alves would have had success on the feet against Fitch but Fitch would have taken him down and grind out a UD win.

Jon Fitch is underrated. He is clearly the 2nd best WW in the UFC and even thought it's a large margin between #2 and #1, he deserves another shot at GSP if he stays at 170.

jakkups
03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Fitch's ground game > Josh's ground game.

Alves would have had success on the feet against Fitch but Fitch would have taken him down and grind out a UD win.

Jon Fitch is underrated. He is clearly the 2nd best WW in the UFC and even thought it's a large margin between #2 and #1, he deserves another shot at GSP if he stays at 170.

Also to add to this, Kos and Fitch are different fighters altogether. The only thing they have in common is their training camp and that they're both wrestler's.

Fitch's whole game is built on wearing out guys through his grappling, the pace he sets and contant activity. He looks to sap a guys energy and will to implement his own offense/gameplan. Fighting Fitch is a constant struggle because that's his strongpoint whereas most guys outside of GSP can't hack that sort of fight because they lack the tools or mental toughness for it.

Kos has only ever used his wrestling to either prevent him from being taken down or to control an opponent without really doing anything by way of offense, much like he did in the Sanchez fight, and every other fight he had on TUF. Now he trys for the finish constantly which leaves him open to being finished himself. So stylistically this suits Alves far more because it allows him more opportunities to get his own offense off.

Snopkins
03-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Jon fitch doesn't deserve anything.When he starts fighting top opposition then fair enough,but the likes of Saunders,Gono and Pierce aren't top welterweights.fitch is incredibly dull and average and has nothing more than his wrestling and the fact that he is one of the biggest fighters in the division.He'd fail to take Alves down once and even if he did Alves would hop right back up and slap him around.

TheNegation
03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
He'd fail to take Alves down once and even if he did Alves would hop right back up and slap him around.

I think this is the only time I've agreed on something with you

Dorian
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Who deserves a shot more?
Paulo Thiago? Josh Koscheck? Paul Daley? None of these guys have a prayer against GSP.

F l i c k e r
03-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Who deserves a shot more?
Paulo Thiago? Josh Koscheck? Paul Daley? None of these guys have a prayer against GSP.

Fitch only got a title shot the first time because he went 8-0. Lack-luster boring victories at that. He don't deserve a title shot, not until he submitts a guy or knocks someone out. He is toooooo boring to get a title shot.

Koscheck deserves a shot more, he is the only guy who loss to GSP who had a decent win streak and never got a rematch. He can wrestle too so it wont be a total rape-fest.

Paulo Thiago is the most likely to get it though. Doesn't matter because if he can't wrestle, he will get raped by GSP.

Dorian
03-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Fitch only got a title shot the first time because he went 8-0. Lack-luster boring victories at that. He don't deserve a title shot, not until he submitts a guy or knocks someone out. He is toooooo boring to get a title shot.

Koscheck deserves a shot more, he is the only guy who loss to GSP who had a decent win streak and never got a rematch. He can wrestle too so it wont be a total rape-fest.

Paulo Thiago is the most likely to get it though. Doesn't matter because if he can't wrestle, he will get raped by GSP.

Koscheck has been so-so ever since the GSP fight, lost to Alves and lost to Paulo Thiago.

Boring or not, Fitch beat Paulo Thiago, he dominated Paulo Thiago.

It doesn't matter how you win, winning is winning. Look at GSP, I'm a big fan but last night was one of the most boring fight I have ever seen(against Hardy) and yet people praise him and say "he really is controling this fight!" while Fitch did the same thing with Saunders except that he threw punches in bunches and they say he's boring and he sucks. I don't understand his hate, he does the same thing GSP does. GSP stops his opponents once in awhile I know but still.

jakkups
03-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Koscheck has been so-so ever since the GSP fight, lost to Alves and lost to Paulo Thiago.

Boring or not, Fitch beat Paulo Thiago, he dominated Paulo Thiago.

It doesn't matter how you win, winning is winning. Look at GSP, I'm a big fan but last night was one of the most boring fight I have ever seen(against Hardy) and yet people praise him and say "he really is controling this fight!" while Fitch did the same thing with Saunders except that he threw punches in bunches and they say he's boring and he sucks. I don't understand his hate, he does the same thing GSP does. GSP stops his opponents once in awhile I know but still.

It's because GSP has something Fitch doesn't. . . Riddum! :lol1:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5nKx27QrgO0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5nKx27QrgO0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dorian
03-28-2010, 09:06 PM
It's because GSP has something Fitch doesn't. . . Riddum! :lol1:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5nKx27QrgO0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5nKx27QrgO0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

haha, nice vid!

GSP=Gotta Score Points :lol1:

Dorian
03-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Honestly, Fitch does the same thing GSP does, take his opponents down and at times is even more active and yet they hate on him and praise GSP.

It's unfair hate.

kaps
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM
GSP is way more active than Fitch...

F l i c k e r
03-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Honestly, Fitch does the same thing GSP does, take his opponents down and at times is even more active and yet they hate on him and praise GSP.

It's unfair hate.

I know they do the same thing and GSP gets **** from me too for humping people instead of fighting.

But GSP is a champion and Fitch is ugly, so you know how that goes when it comes to popularity.

Gotta score points was a good one though. :lol1:

TheNegation
03-28-2010, 11:31 PM

It's unfair hate.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

That's the biggest load of crap ever.

GSP passes. Fitch doesn't
GSP goes for subs and finishes. Fitch doesn't
GSP has displayed more stand-up skills. Fitch hasn't
GSP has finshed 3 out of his last 7. Fitch has finished 0 of his last 7
GSP is good looking. Fitch isn't

I rest my case

Dorian
03-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

That's the biggest load of crap ever.

GSP passes. Fitch doesn't
GSP goes for subs and finishes. Fitch doesn't
GSP has displayed more stand-up skills. Fitch hasn't
GSP has finshed 3 out of his last 7. Fitch has finished 0 of his last 7
GSP is good looking. Fitch isn't

I rest my case

Fitch passes.
Fitch has had a few submission wins.

Last night GSP didn't stand at all, he looked more hesitant standing with Hardy than he did with Thiago Alves. Fitch stood more with Saunders..

Fitch wears them down and grinds them out, he beat solid guys.

Not good looking? man come on, the beard is savage :lol1:
http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/fitch.jpg

Fact is, If Fitch fought Hardy last night and did the exact things GSP did to Hardy, he would have been boo'd and Dana would have made him apologize for his performance..

I rest my case..

-Swizzy-
03-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Deserves a rematch with GSP. I don't think he can beat GSP but I think he deserves another shot at GSP.

What do you guys think? He has racked up some dominant victories since their first fight.
no he doesn't. if GSP is gonna fight again in the WW division, it should be against Paulo Thiago. but I prefer GSP to vacate that division and move to MW.

kaps
03-29-2010, 12:43 AM
no he doesn't. if GSP is gonna fight again in the WW division, it should be against Paulo Thiago. but I prefer GSP to vacate that division and move to MW.

He didn't seem too down with that when Rogan was questioning him before the fights. What's a better legacy? Completely shut down your entire division or move around weights and maybe lose?

-Swizzy-
03-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Fitch passes.

Last night GSP didn't stand at all, he looked more hesitant standing with Hardy than he did with Thiago Alves. Fitch stood more with Saunders..

Fact is, If Fitch fought Hardy last night and did the exact things GSP did to Hardy, he would have been boo'd and Dana would have made him apologize for his performance..

I rest my case..

really? when was the last time a fighter fought like GSP and had to apologize? GSP was actually active the whole fight. The only times Dana was disappointed with fights was when fighters were almost literally doing nothing but staring at each other and moving in circles around the ring. What GSP does might look boring, but he is, AT ALL TIMES, trying to finish the fight.

Dorian
03-29-2010, 12:46 AM

Paulo Thiago? The guy that got dominated by Fitch for his 1st loss?

;)

-Swizzy-
03-29-2010, 12:47 AM
He didn't seem too down with that when Rogan was questioning him before the fights. What's a better legacy? Completely shut down your entire division or move around weights and maybe lose?

I don't think GSP's legacy would take a hit if he moves up. he would at the least beat 8 of the top 10 fighters at the MW level. I think GSP's legacy would improve just by stepping in the ring with A-Silva even if he losses. GSP is my favorite fighter, and I wouldn't mind him moving up even if I think he would lose at least 1 fight in that division.

btw, I think GSP stands a good chance against Silva. I don't think GSP would finish Silva, but I do think it would be a VERY close fight regardless of who wins.

-Swizzy-
03-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Paulo Thiago? The guy that got dominated by Fitch for his 1st loss?

;)

like I said, IF he fights again in the WW division, I myself would most want to see him against Thiago because he already fought and beat Fitch and I can't see the rematch being any different.

but MW to me is the only move for him. no way anyone would care for GSP fighting another WW.

Dorian
03-29-2010, 12:52 AM
like I said, IF he fights again in the WW division, I myself would most want to see him against Thiago because he already fought and beat Fitch and I can't see the rematch being any different.

but MW to me is the only move for him. no way anyone would care for GSP fighting another WW.

I do agree that he needs to move up, don't get me wrong here, I am one of the biggest GSP fan out there but he gets praised a bit too much for wrestling and when others wrestle they get bashed.

If he stays at 170. Fight Fitch for a 2nd time, but please move up to the MW division.

If he were to move up, they could make Fitch vs Alves 2 for the vacant belt if Alves can(hopefully) fight again.

-Swizzy-
03-29-2010, 01:02 AM
I do agree that he needs to move up, don't get me wrong here, I am one of the biggest GSP fan out there but he gets praised a bit too much for wrestling and when others wrestle they get bashed.

If he stays at 170. Fight Fitch for a 2nd time, but please move up to the MW division.

If he were to move up, they could make Fitch vs Alves 2 for the vacant belt if Alves can(hopefully) fight again.

the best move IMO would be for GSP to move up to MW and Penn to move up to WW and fight Fitch for the vacant WW title. That would be the refresher that the UFC really needs ATM.

Penn vs Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Koscheck <--- all very juicy fights.

Dorian
03-29-2010, 01:19 AM
the best move IMO would be for GSP to move up to MW and Penn to move up to WW and fight Fitch for the vacant WW title. That would be the refresher that the UFC really needs ATM.

Penn vs Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Koscheck <--- all very juicy fights.

Not a bad idea either. :D

we finally agree lol

TheNegation
03-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Fitch passes.

He didn't pass **** last night. GSP finishes way more than Fitch and has finished a fight more recently than Fitch.

That's because Hardy puts his punches together better than Alves. Plus the most significant shots landed during the Hardy fight were by GSP. But Dan was able to eat them.

He barely beat Mike Pierce, brah. GSP beats way more top opposition.

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/fitch.jpg

Frye's Stache > Fitch's Beard

I rest my case..

That's because Fitch hasn't finished a fight in 4 years. Of course he would have been booed. Nobody expected Dan to make it out of the fight with GSP, if it was Fitch fighting Hardy it's a guaranteed UD. I even knew Fitch was going to win a UD last night. So I went to Firewaters for a few White Russians.

-Swizzy-
03-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Not a bad idea either. :D

we finally agree lol

wouldn't that be sweet though? just thinking about all the matchups at MW for GSP and all the matchups at WW for Penn. UFC really needs to get on this.

Savino
03-29-2010, 08:16 AM
I dunno if i could sit through another GSP vs Fitch fight, or any Fitch fight for that matter.

murmagic
03-29-2010, 08:42 AM
josh desvers a shot and nate diaz when he gets more wins will get a shot too i think