View Full Version : Quick question

blockburna944
12-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Hey,
I have a match tomorrow afternoon and need to make weight for it a few hours before. Right now im around 160 and need to make 158 for the fight. The problem is i can only eat what our mess hall serves us or junkfood.

So, should i eat big breakfast and lunch and work off the weight, go for small meals, or what? I think tomorrow's breakfast is some powdered egg crap or cereal, and the lunch is like ham or turkey sandwhiches.

I need to have a lot of energy and endurance for my fight. Thanks.

leff
12-03-2004, 08:17 AM
2pounds isent much, eat fruit and carbs, stay of the meat and dont trink anything at from this afternoon to the weigh inn.

spinksjinx
12-03-2004, 11:10 AM
2pounds isent much, eat fruit and carbs, stay of the meat and dont trink anything at from this afternoon to the weigh inn.

Good advice, go high on the veggies as well and try to go to the bathroom a lot.

But the fruit/veggies should do the trick.

abdiel2k3
12-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Hey,
I have a match tomorrow afternoon and need to make weight for it a few hours before. Right now im around 160 and need to make 158 for the fight. The problem is i can only eat what our mess hall serves us or junkfood.

So, should i eat big breakfast and lunch and work off the weight, go for small meals, or what? I think tomorrow's breakfast is some powdered egg crap or cereal, and the lunch is like ham or turkey sandwhiches.

I need to have a lot of energy and endurance for my fight. Thanks.

hmmmm
run down to miccie Ds
grab the whole dolla menu
eat up
kick back
then right b4 your match
go make yourself a huge ass smoothy
down the sucker in one gulp
and you should be fine
the key to fight day is being relaxed

blockburna944
12-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I made weight and have lots of energy. Now i just gotta win the fight.

leff
12-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Good luck.

spinksjinx
12-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Good Luck, Fill us in with an update.

blockburna944
12-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the support. I ended up losing a split-decision (didn't get to see exact scores). It was one of those fights i really felt i won, but i guess thats how it goes. only thing i can think i did wrong was not throw too much in the last round. i gotta look at the tape to see what really happened.

spinksjinx
12-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the support. I ended up losing a split-decision (didn't get to see exact scores). It was one of those fights i really felt i won, but i guess thats how it goes. only thing i can think i did wrong was not throw too much in the last round. i gotta look at the tape to see what really happened.

Keep your head up and straight, Better luck next time around...

paulmmv
12-04-2004, 02:46 AM
eat a big breakfast and lunch and work off the weight and good luck with your match

Atwa_66
12-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Don't sweat it, there will be other fights, keep your head up and go into your next fight pissed off and break somebodys jaw. :)