View Full Version : How GSP & Hardy Will Be Played Out

Unbreakable
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
i see this as another takedown tactics by GSP. since GSP has been luckily hit by Serra he's been really laying low on toe to toe. thiago alvez i believe is a far hard hitting mofo than Hardy and GSP took him in deep waters on the ground. GSP might go toe to toe for a little bit just to feel how Hardy would do in that area then as soon as Hardy gets comfy trading shots GSP will be taking him down again. might be dominating decision for GSP or it might end up Hardy getting pounded on the ground.

No1
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I hope gsp proves me wrong. I just think he'll take down hardy and win a boring 5 round decision. I want him to stand and give the fans a good fight but since the serra fight he's just wrestled every single opponent since.

ƒallenloki
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
I really want to see GSP give us a show, but it seems like he is slowly becoming more and more boring.

I see there being an early exchange at the beginning of every round and then a double leg by GSP. He used to be so exciting to watch. Now its just like watching some bull**** NCAA division 1 wrestling.

snakey112
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
gsp won't stand with hardy, he knows hardy has the power to knock him out, why would he risk it when he knows he can just take him down and keep thim there while doing gnp?

Nick Fury
03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I have a feeling that GSP is gonna knock Dan Hardy out.

TheNegation
03-24-2010, 07:44 PM
GSP can really win anywhere he wants, but I'm going to say 2nd Round Submission or TKO by GnP.

But I really want to see GSP take advantage of Hardy's ****ty striking defense (which involves blocking punching with his face), and beat the **** out of him standing.

Given the huge gap in skill, there is no reason GSP shouldn't be able to finish this fight.

Spray_resistant
03-24-2010, 07:45 PM
I guess GSP is being looked at as the Wladimir Klitschko of MMA where he is dominating as of late but in a protective manner where fans complain and find it boring even though he is beating good fighters.

If the guy is winning and winning decisively I don't mind him doing it with mostly TDs and G&P.

Uturn
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
for some strange reason i think GSP is going to trade with Hardy and get himself knocked out in the third round..

mic573
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
I think GSP is looking to finish Hardy. I say he picks his shots and knocks Hardy down and follows up on the ground and submits Hardy. RNC round 2.

American_Ninja
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Georges St- Pierre by whatever he wants. This whole thing has been played out way to much. I doubt that Hardy will lay a hand on him. I expect the usual back flip after the bout.

kaps
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I don't know where people get the idea that GSP is boring on the ground. He ****s people up, he's not just laying on them like Kongo or Kos...

Snopkins
03-25-2010, 05:58 AM
I don't know where people get the idea that GSP is boring on the ground. He ****s people up, he's not just laying on them like Kongo or Kos...

Perhaps they got it from watching his last two stinkers.He took the time out to take advatantage of a guy who posed no threat to him standing and slapped fitch around silly for five rounds and then went back to controlling opponents to death.

The last time Koscheck was involved in a boring fight was three years ago against Diego Sanchez,and that didn't have much to do with his wrestling

kaps
03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Perhaps they got it from watching his last two stinkers.He took the time out to take advatantage of a guy who posed no threat to him standing and slapped fitch around silly for five rounds and then went back to controlling opponents to death.

The last time Koscheck was involved in a boring fight was three years ago against Diego Sanchez,and that didn't have much to do with his wrestling

I need to figure out how to **** a dudes face up like GSP did too Thiago just by controlling them. Weird, could've sworn he was beating the **** out of Thiago. I also seem to remember him beating BJ so bad he quit in the 4th round. How does someone not named Buentello quit from being controlled?

ianntheman
03-25-2010, 04:54 PM
for some strange reason i think GSP is going to trade with Hardy and get himself knocked out in the third round..

haha same here its not that i want GSP to get K.O...just want to see a fight so Hardy knocking out GSP would be some kinda upset! hope to see a war! dont go the ground GSP you can win it by standing up.....

phallus
03-27-2010, 03:13 PM

i'll never forget seeing him pound blow job penn on the ground, that was the most exciting thing i've ever seen.

GSP won't trade much with hardy, the outlaw has fast handspeed, way faster than georges, it's not smart to try and brawl with him. kicks would be effective though, even matt serra who helped train hardy said GSP will rape him on the ground. if GSP wins it won't be boring, it'll end with him slamming hardy down on the ground and knocking him out cold with hammerfists

F l i c k e r
03-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Either a decision for GSP or kayo by Hardy.

30k that GSP does not finish(tko, ko, sub) Hardy. Any takers? :dunno:

Southpaw16BF
03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Either a decision for GSP or kayo by Hardy.

30k that GSP does not finish(tko, ko, sub) Hardy. Any takers? :dunno:

I'le take that

F l i c k e r
03-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I'le take that

aight, sig it. :fing02:

Southpaw16BF
03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
aight, sig it. :fing02:

Cool. GD Luck!

-Nova-
03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
i see elbows on hardy's face every round till he quits

TheNegation
03-27-2010, 06:17 PM
I'll be anything that Hardy doesn't make it out of this fight

I'd rather box
03-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Outside of highlight reels, I think I've only seen Hardy fight once(it may have been his most recent one). Based on that, I can't think of Hardy having the upper hand on the ground or stand-up.

He's a bit wild though, sometimes the wild-fighters can be difficult, they're unpredictable, and land those crazy shots. But, GSP should win this, if not by sub or ko, then a decisive victory !!

Danny Gunz
03-27-2010, 09:00 PM
dont forget about the praising of gsp's takedown skills every round by the announcers.

F l i c k e r
03-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Outside of highlight reels, I think I've only seen Hardy fight once(it may have been his most recent one). Based on that, I can't think of Hardy having the upper hand on the ground or stand-up.

He's a bit wild though, sometimes the wild-fighters can be difficult, they're unpredictable, and land those crazy shots. But, GSP should win this, if not by sub or ko, then a decisive victory !!

Woah woah woah, you should go watch Dan Hardy fight again or some more then. I don't see nothing wild about his standup, his technique is second to none in the welterweight division.

GSP only got the ground game under his control. Unless what Hardy says is true, GSP will control him for 25 minutes on the ground. Otherwise, good night Montreal.

Unbreakable
03-28-2010, 12:22 AM
i told you guys

Clegg
03-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Hardy showing his toughness, but he's completely outclassed.

one_two_puncher
03-28-2010, 01:32 AM
i told you guys

Spot on sir :)