View Full Version : What's your favorite RPG and why ?

Toy Story 3
03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
What's your favorite RPG (Role-Playing Game) and why ?

BOXING 24/7
03-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Resident Evil code Veronica. I use to play that game all night in my room lights off and volume all the way up, that **** was tight.

S A M U R A I
03-22-2010, 01:23 PM
What's your favorite RPG and why ?

1: Final Fantasy 7.

I shouldn't need to explain why. :)

2: Shenmue
3: Xenogears
4: Final Fantasy 8
5: Final Fantasy Tactics

S A M U R A I
03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Resident Evil code Veronica. I use to play that game all night in my room lights off and volume all the way up, that **** was tight.

It's not an RPG man!

Toy Story 3
03-22-2010, 01:48 PM
1: Final Fantasy 7.

I shouldn't need to explain why. :)

2: Shenmue
3: Xenogears
4: Final Fantasy 8
5: Final Fantasy Tactics

haha I have yet still need to play Final Fantasy 7. As of right now my favorite is Final Fantasy 8. Why ? I love the story lines and game play. Especially playing the game and relating to the characters. I was just like Squall back in the day lol.

S A M U R A I
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM
haha I have yet still need to play Final Fantasy 7. As of right now my favorite is Final Fantasy 8. Why ? I love the story lines and game play. Especially playing the game and relating to the characters. I was just like Squall back in the day lol.

8 is a great game. I always thought it would work well as an Anime series.

If you like 8, you'll like 7, possibly more. Play it!

F l i c k e r
03-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Final Fantasy 7 is a piece of crap. It was great for it's day but it is grossly over-hyped. It's hyped more than A'mere Con and has less to offer.

If your an emo or 12 years old and may become emo. Then FF7 is your thing. That story line is broken and flawed as ****, materia system is garbage too, not to mention everyone in it is emo as ****. "Oh, I iz emoz, so I lik 2 sit in cornerz n not talk cuz I pretendz I is sum1z else. lulz ftw!!!"

With that said, my favorite is Final Fantasy 8. lol

Why? Because the story makes more sense than any other Final Fantasy game excluding 13 because 13 makes the most sense out of all of them. The story isn't broken and goes 89 different dead ends like FF7. The fighting system is much better than all the others. I like the characters too, they are like actual people. Like Irvine, I like him the most. An ace sniper but when it comes to actually killing people he has second guesses about what he is doing. Like a normal person would.

Toy Story 3
03-22-2010, 03:24 PM
8 is a great game. I always thought it would work well as an Anime series.

If you like 8, you'll like 7, possibly more. Play it!

I will def check out 7.

Why? Because the story makes more sense than any other Final Fantasy game excluding 13 because 13 makes the most sense out of all of them. The story isn't broken and goes 89 different dead ends like FF7. The fighting system is much better than all the others. I like the characters too, they are like actual people. Like Irvine, I like him the most. An ace sniper but when it comes to actually killing people he has second guesses about what he is doing. Like a normal person would.

I haven't played 7 yet so I can't compare but I liked the characters in 8 also. They were relate able. The fighting system was simple and awesome.

Toy Story 3
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I played Shadow Hearts (First one). The story is weak. Characters are weird. I was bored and I got like half way through the game. I liked the battle system though or the battle circle thing that was pretty tight.

Toy Story 3
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
You guys remember Super Mario RPG on SNES ? haha I loved this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_da7DIpKVg

rocky_balboa23
03-22-2010, 05:14 PM
IS this all time? i gotta go with Fallout 2. the best game ive ever played period. everything about it was so cool except maybe for the graphics.

Irish Hitman
03-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Is shadow of the collosus and rpg and if so(why) its not a game it is art

S A M U R A I
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Final Fantasy 7 is a piece of crap. It was great for it's day but it is grossly over-hyped. It's hyped more than A'mere Con and has less to offer.

If your an emo or 12 years old and may become emo. Then FF7 is your thing. That story line is broken and flawed as ****, materia system is garbage too, not to mention everyone in it is emo as ****. "Oh, I iz emoz, so I lik 2 sit in cornerz n not talk cuz I pretendz I is sum1z else. lulz ftw!!!"

Millions of people disagree with you. But it's all good. FF7 is the best **** Square ever did, IMO. The only slightly negative thing I can say about it is it takes a little time to get into. Battle system is ace.

I assure you I'm no emo, I've been gaming since the late 70's and FF7 is one of the few games that really left a great impression on me.

Shadows
03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm not big into RPGs, but one of my favorite games of all time is Knights of the Old Republic.

I got it because it had good reviews and that I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek :lol1:. I loved the story, and I never saw the twist coming.

Overall, it was a great game, IMO.

WetSexyLlamaPR
03-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Final Fantasy X
KOTOR
Mass Effect

Top 5 RPG's I've ever played...

Earl Hickey
03-22-2010, 11:39 PM
1. Baldurs Gate 2 (such a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game at the time, likable characters lots of choice)

2. Mass Effect 2 (actually really impressed me, which has become rare for games these days)

3. Final Fantasy 10 (don't ask why I know it sucks but it has a special place in me heart)

4. Fallout 3 (loved it, lots of choice, really good atmosphere)

5. Chrono Trigger (I was used to games you could finish in like 2 hours when i played this)

jameshepenstall
03-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Any Resident Evil, i love that ****.

Spartacus Sully
03-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Best:
1. earthbound
2. secret of mana
3. supermario rpg
4. chrono trigger
5. ff 7

worst:
1. ff8
2. ff11
3. ff10
4. Elder scrolls morrowwind
5. WOW

Frank Martin
03-23-2010, 03:31 AM
I'll enumearate it as series:

1. Final Fantasy
2. Persona
3. Dragon Quest
4. Suikoden
5. Chrono Trigger

Personally, Im not into western style RPG. Although I like Diablo.

Earl Hickey
03-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Best:
1. earthbound
2. secret of mana
3. supermario rpg
4. chrono trigger
5. ff 7

worst:
1. ff8
2. ff11
3. ff10
4. Elder scrolls morrowwind
5. WOW

I remember that, those damned bat things!

LOLORSKATES
03-23-2010, 05:11 AM
The first KOTOR because being Darth Revan was totally badass and secondly it popped my RPG cherry .

-Blackout-
03-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Fallout 3 hands down.

Mr. Fantastic
03-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Final Fantasy 7. The characters and having one of the baddest bad guys was pretty cool. Spent countless hours playing it. Still play it from time to time to this day.

hi-five
03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Any leisure suit larry game.

Gojira
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
1.) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2.) Fallout 3
3.) Dragon Age: Origins

dont get me started on morrowind. it took me half an hour to kill some woman after my dagger broke. it was an epic moment of my life:)

Gojira
03-24-2010, 06:38 PM
and how did i forget mass effect? another great bioware game

oldgringo
03-24-2010, 07:25 PM
FFVII
FFT
Chrono Trigger

Anybody remember Vagrant Story? Another Square release that could have been better.

BigStereotype
03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Knights of the Old Republic. Great games. Good story and fast paced combat. And it's Star Wars. Can't go wrong with Star Wars (most of the time.)

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3711/o0gakhqgvhqw7cierppcba3.jpg

Also, Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

kendricktamis
03-27-2010, 12:03 AM
I like old school RPG's like final fantasy 7(still to this day winning best story line on a game in game awards) and 8. but my favorite game is Wild Arms 2 although its not very great graphics (PS1) it just has a great story line/

Fearless
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Is shadow of the collosus and rpg and if so(why) its not a game it is art

Nope its not an RPG, but its one hell of a masterpiece.

My favourites

FFVII
FFVI (largest cast and the most diverse cast of characters, plus Kefka is just psycho)
FFVIII
Chrono Trigger - The story is just great!
Tales of Phantasia
Fallout 3 is brilliant because it REALLY is a Role Playing Game.

grimmjow
03-29-2010, 03:43 AM
lunar silver star harmony
chrono trigger
earthbound
final fantasy 7
final fantasy 10
castlvania symphony of the night

Lokotron
03-29-2010, 11:09 PM
lunar silver star harmony
chrono trigger
earthbound
final fantasy 7
final fantasy 10
castlvania symphony of the night

I passed:
Earthbound
FF10
FF9
FFTactics
And Chrono Cross
My favorites are ff7 and chrono cross those two are so nice its hard to decide i played seven but never beat it but I watched my brother beat it along time ago.Im playing ff7 right now from the psn store.